stinkfist
46&2
schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-03-2007 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/09/02 - Bologna, Italy - Independent Days Festival

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
schism extended
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-03-2007 at 10:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
3poundsoflove's Avatar 3poundsoflove
09-02-2007, 06:47 PM

JAMBI
STINKFIST (no extended version)
FORTY-SIX & 2
SCHISM (ext.)
ROSETTA STONED
FLOOD (shorter version)
LATERALUS (ext. with TRAIL OF DEAD drummers)
VICARIOUS

you could say... disappointing, but no. TOOL simply destroyed NINE INCH NAILS, tool stole the scene at Reznor who did a good show (always trying to sympathize with the crowd, in a very pathetic way in my opinion), but nothing compared to tool.

I've shaken the hand of Danny Carey. He seemed so happy of their performance. And he has reasons to be glad, they really conquered the crowd which was there mainly for tool.

Maynard was absolutely perfect: people won't forget his performance.stop
The acoustic was good throughout the day.stop
Justin, Danny and Adam were... no words to say. I saw them in Frankfurt a few days ago, it was great, they played the Wings... but tonight the performance was even better and I was so moved when, before and after Vicarious, people started to shout "tool tool tool tool..."... so that Maynard said "thanks for your supporting... sincerely".

If they could have played a longer set, this should had been the right night to play the Wings at a festival show.

Later in the morning I'll post more info, anyway. Tool played their best show in Italy, along with the Florence one in November.

Last edited by 3poundsoflove; 09-02-2007 at 06:52 PM..
Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2007/09/02 - Bologna, Italy - Independent Days Festival

JAMBI
STINKFIST (no extended version)
FORTY-SIX & 2
SCHISM (ext.)
ROSETTA STONED
FLOOD (shorter version)
LATERALUS (ext. with TRAIL OF DEAD drummers)
VICARIOUS

you could say... disappointing, but no. TOOL simply destroyed NINE INCH NAILS, tool stole the scene at Reznor who did a good show (always trying to sympathize with the crowd, in a very pathetic way in my opinion), but nothing compared to tool.

I've shaken the hand of Danny Carey. He seemed so happy of their performance. And he has reasons to be glad, they really conquered the crowd which was there mainly for tool.

Maynard was absolutely perfect: people won't forget his performance.stop
The acoustic was good throughout the day.stop
Justin, Danny and Adam were... no words to say. I saw them in Frankfurt a few days ago, it was great, they played the Wings... but tonight the performance was even better and I was so moved when, before and after Vicarious, people started to shout "tool tool tool tool..."... so that Maynard said "thanks for your supporting... sincerely".

If they could have played a longer set, this should had been the right night to play the Wings at a festival show.

Later in the morning I'll post more info, anyway. Tool played their best show in Italy, along with the Florence one in November.

Last edited by 3poundsoflove; 09-02-2007 at 06:52 PM..
OFFLINE |  
gymvideo
09-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Setlist above is correct.

I was there yesterday, and I think it was one of the (or THE?) best tool performance in Europe. Maynard did the last part of Vicarious, maybe of the crowd that was crazy with the band.

There was a nice solo with two percussionist, nice but they weren't equalized good enough.

Proud to say that Maynard beated Nine Inch Nails. However nin did a good performance too.

During the drum duet, maynard was holding two scores like the judge of olimpionic games, very hilarious.

Thank you, maynard!

P.S: the only thing I hated about the concert was the MOSHPIT! How the people can do it with TOOL???

Last edited by gymvideo; 09-02-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Setlist above is correct.

I was there yesterday, and I think it was one of the (or THE?) best tool performance in Europe. Maynard did the last part of Vicarious, maybe of the crowd that was crazy with the band.

There was a nice solo with two percussionist, nice but they weren't equalized good enough.

Proud to say that Maynard beated Nine Inch Nails. However nin did a good performance too.

During the drum duet, maynard was holding two scores like the judge of olimpionic games, very hilarious.

Thank you, maynard!

P.S: the only thing I hated about the concert was the MOSHPIT! How the people can do it with TOOL???

Last edited by gymvideo; 09-02-2007 at 11:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
zaum462
09-03-2007, 05:49 AM

Yeah, i saw them in Rimini for the official tour but there is no comparison with last night, altough they played for a shorter time.
Danny was in grat shape, it seemd he was having a good time and so he played in a very creative way. Hats off to Danny!
Justin never stopped to do headbanging and Adam had a very solid and charming sound. But, above all, I've never seen Maynard in such a perfect condition, and I felt a bit proud when he sung the last part of Vicarious. He never sings it, i was so excited! He also was so kind to thank us for our welcome and participation.
Unfortunatly I lost the good position I had found due to the moshpit. I'm not very tall so I had to struggle to see the beautyful videos on the screens, but the sound.... the sound was above any immagination.
I was moved, they are perfection.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah, i saw them in Rimini for the official tour but there is no comparison with last night, altough they played for a shorter time.
Danny was in grat shape, it seemd he was having a good time and so he played in a very creative way. Hats off to Danny!
Justin never stopped to do headbanging and Adam had a very solid and charming sound. But, above all, I've never seen Maynard in such a perfect condition, and I felt a bit proud when he sung the last part of Vicarious. He never sings it, i was so excited! He also was so kind to thank us for our welcome and participation.
Unfortunatly I lost the good position I had found due to the moshpit. I'm not very tall so I had to struggle to see the beautyful videos on the screens, but the sound.... the sound was above any immagination.
I was moved, they are perfection.
OFFLINE |  
09-03-2007, 06:51 AM

This show, compared to the one I saw a few days ago in Frankfurt, was totally dangerous.

Still, I really loved the way the band acted. I hope and I'm quite sure they realized how much people loved their performance. Same setlist I know, but totally mind-blowing and absolutely an experience from which you had to survive.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-22-2007 at 05:21 AM..
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

This show, compared to the one I saw a few days ago in Frankfurt, was totally dangerous.

Still, I really loved the way the band acted. I hope and I'm quite sure they realized how much people loved their performance. Same setlist I know, but totally mind-blowing and absolutely an experience from which you had to survive.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-22-2007 at 05:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
widehole
09-03-2007, 08:07 AM

noone beated anyone,there's no such thing like fight
having the pleasure to see 2 bands like this,that was luck for sure everything in 1 night one after the other u see? that was awesome
at least for me....
NIN was incredible,and sound was better than TOOL,tool had too much bass noise at times and drums was not clearly audible like other concerts they did(i was standig in front of the soundboard),new nin songs were not boring at all,but maybe ppl come out only to seeTOOL?!?
that is crazy...how come?
mine is bigger than yours......
andate a fare in culo

i think its totally bullshit to say nin is better than tool or whatever.....
Old 09-03-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

noone beated anyone,there's no such thing like fight
having the pleasure to see 2 bands like this,that was luck for sure everything in 1 night one after the other u see? that was awesome
at least for me....
NIN was incredible,and sound was better than TOOL,tool had too much bass noise at times and drums was not clearly audible like other concerts they did(i was standig in front of the soundboard),new nin songs were not boring at all,but maybe ppl come out only to seeTOOL?!?
that is crazy...how come?
andate a fare in culo

OFFLINE |  
09-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widehole View Post
andate a fare in culo

stai a caserta e zitto tu.

Tool simply stole the scene. NIN was too easy and nothing like the old NIN. People who didn't know them appreciated their show, but it was like being fascinated by the today Red Hot Chili Peppers instead of the ones of the first 90s.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by widehole View Post
andate a fare in culo

stai a caserta e zitto tu.

Tool simply stole the scene. NIN was too easy and nothing like the old NIN. People who didn't know them appreciated their show, but it was like being fascinated by the today Red Hot Chili Peppers instead of the ones of the first 90s.
OFFLINE |  
widehole
09-03-2007, 04:12 PM

chiaro che tu ce l'hai piu' grande
iwhat about enjoyin a show for what it is?
nin of 90s r gone
where were u last night?
ps chiudi il cesso tu di dovunque tu sia perche io non tengo ne alla mia citta ne al sud ne all italia
la divisione tienila per la tua mente
keep division for your mind
experience was deep with both bands,,no judgements,just keep it open and free
no discriminations,e ancora una volta prendilo in culo
keep it open
Old 09-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

chiaro che tu ce l'hai piu' grande
iwhat about enjoyin a show for what it is?
nin of 90s r gone
where were u last night?
ps chiudi il cesso tu di dovunque tu sia perche io non tengo ne alla mia citta ne al sud ne all italia
la divisione tienila per la tua mente
keep division for your mind
experience was deep with both bands,,no judgements,just keep it open and free
no discriminations,e ancora una volta prendilo in culo
keep it open
OFFLINE |  
zaum462
09-04-2007, 06:28 AM

scusa widehole ma qui si dice la propria.
sorry widehole but it's just a matter of opinion. if someone preferred tool's performance to NIN's you shouldn't offend him for his tastes. And you speak of openmindness and freedom...
However I didn't see NIN, I had to get back home but I'm sure it was a very good performance; I can only say that Tool's show was how a rock concert should always be, they brought me away last night.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

scusa widehole ma qui si dice la propria.
sorry widehole but it's just a matter of opinion. if someone preferred tool's performance to NIN's you shouldn't offend him for his tastes. And you speak of openmindness and freedom...
However I didn't see NIN, I had to get back home but I'm sure it was a very good performance; I can only say that Tool's show was how a rock concert should always be, they brought me away last night.
OFFLINE |  
widehole
09-04-2007, 08:07 AM

hai propio ragione mi sono fatto coinvolgere anche io dalle
seghe mentali
buona masturbazione a tutti.......
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

hai propio ragione mi sono fatto coinvolgere anche io dalle
seghe mentali