Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 10. Right in Two
User Name
Password
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM

Quite simply, with little explanation, this song can directly relate to the current "struggle for god" if you will.

Angels=secular population

Father=god obviously

Monkeys=the "other" people

1st verse, the key words are "puzzled and amused, free will, holy garden,..."
-this could be an islamic view of christianity. Too free spirited, free minded, free in general. However they stay amused rather than spitefull or opressive. Also, a view that western civ. is greedy and all-obsorbing of the earth.

2nd verse, the keys are "baffled and confused, reason, monkey killin monkey..."
-a western view of the middle east and islam. Not amused rather confused, takenaback if you will, a bit more eager to meddle. Seeing others as unreasonable, lesser beings, engaged in ferocious territorial warfare.

3rd verse, keys are the fact that angles are left out, and it starts right in with "monkey killin monkey, beat their brother, repugnant is the creature.." -I see this as TOOLs view of the whole sit. you're both monkeys, we're all brothers, all of us are simpley killin over peices of the ground, "cuting it all right in two!"

Finally, all the angles are benched, the sec population is left inept as they wait for this tug of war to end, in the end the "common people", on both sides, are the angles that are pushed aside and are left baffled, confused, puzzled, and unamused... i m o...

Peace.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Current mid-east situation...

Quite simply, with little explanation, this song can directly relate to the current "struggle for god" if you will.

Father=god obviously

-this could be an islamic view of christianity. Too free spirited, free minded, free in general. However they stay amused rather than spitefull or opressive. Also, a view that western civ. is greedy and all-obsorbing of the earth.

-a western view of the middle east and islam. Not amused rather confused, takenaback if you will, a bit more eager to meddle. Seeing others as unreasonable, lesser beings, engaged in ferocious territorial warfare.

3rd verse, keys are the fact that angles are left out, and it starts right in with "monkey killin monkey, beat their brother, repugnant is the creature.." -I see this as TOOLs view of the whole sit. you're both monkeys, we're all brothers, all of us are simpley killin over peices of the ground, "cuting it all right in two!"

Finally, all the angles are benched, the sec population is left inept as they wait for this tug of war to end, in the end the "common people", on both sides, are the angles that are pushed aside and are left baffled, confused, puzzled, and unamused... i m o...

Peace.
09-14-2007, 07:40 PM

I mean angels!!!

not angles, obtuse ones, maaaaaaaybe.... but def not acute ones..(laugh out silent)
Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Re: Current mid-east situation...

I mean angels!!!

not angles, obtuse ones, maaaaaaaybe.... but def not acute ones..(laugh out silent)
11-18-2007, 07:56 PM

at its most simplistic level, i think this is basically a cry of WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?
but, hmm, i agree with benjamin...very possible thats what they meant..(cries to self, "why can't i be this deep!!!!"...)
^^^(-,-)^^^
____"__"____
Old 11-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 958

at its most simplistic level, i think this is basically a cry of WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?
but, hmm, i agree with benjamin...very possible thats what they meant..(cries to self, "why can't i be this deep!!!!"...)
^^^(-,-)^^^
____"__"____
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Aganar
11-24-2007, 11:15 PM

"-this could be an islamic view of christianity. Too free spirited, free minded, free in general. However they stay amused rather than spitefull or opressive."

Nice idea, but you're subscribing to the idea fed to you by the media that Islam is some sort of totalitarian religion based on blind submission. Islam has free will too; my Qur'an is not on me at the moment, but there's a verse that says "We (God often speaks in the plural) could have made all of mankind Muslim if we had wanted to."
Old 11-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

"-this could be an islamic view of christianity. Too free spirited, free minded, free in general. However they stay amused rather than spitefull or opressive."

Nice idea, but you're subscribing to the idea fed to you by the media that Islam is some sort of totalitarian religion based on blind submission. Islam has free will too; my Qur'an is not on me at the moment, but there's a verse that says "We (God often speaks in the plural) could have made all of mankind Muslim if we had wanted to."
Angel on the Sideline
02-15-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

Father=god obviously

Peace.
Benjamin:

I like you're interpretation.

Aganar, please enlighten us some more on Islam if you will. I'm currently studying all the worlds religions for my own interest and would like to learn more.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

Father=god obviously

Peace.
Benjamin:

I like you're interpretation.

Aganar, please enlighten us some more on Islam if you will. I'm currently studying all the worlds religions for my own interest and would like to learn more.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply