Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
SynapticSatisfaction
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM

Haha. Ok. So....

Let's consider the phrase.... "You must've been high"

Obviously, there's two things that come to mind.

1) "high" as in: on your high horse. Higher, above, superior....

2) "high" as in: trippin' balls (which i think is my favorite phrase ever). As in, smoked yourself silly. As in, "what are you? high?"

Now, what about "chai?"

As in, the hebrew word for "life" commonly displayed on necklaces. Due to it's gematria, it's considered to be related to the tetragrammaton, which results in the meaning of "living embodiment of God" or the "living power of God."

I'm pretty sure that this can't be.....because it would be an improper use of the term. However, this thought came about because he seems to catch a little phlegm/air when he says the "H" in "high" which makes it sound hebrew.

Yes, I was bored in the car when this thought came about. It was funny to me for a few moments......

Carry on.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
You Must've Been High, High, or Chai?

Haha. Ok. So....

Let's consider the phrase.... "You must've been high"

Obviously, there's two things that come to mind.

2) "high" as in: trippin' balls (which i think is my favorite phrase ever). As in, smoked yourself silly. As in, "what are you? high?"

Now, what about "chai?"

As in, the hebrew word for "life" commonly displayed on necklaces. Due to it's gematria, it's considered to be related to the tetragrammaton, which results in the meaning of "living embodiment of God" or the "living power of God."

I'm pretty sure that this can't be.....because it would be an improper use of the term. However, this thought came about because he seems to catch a little phlegm/air when he says the "H" in "high" which makes it sound hebrew.

Yes, I was bored in the car when this thought came about. It was funny to me for a few moments......

Carry on.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynapticSatisfaction
This could work as Maynard sarcastically saying how the subject thinks he is living the power of god. I.e. the guy thinks he is god and what he says goes. So it could work i suppose.

How is chai pronounced? I imagine its gotta be pretty similar to high.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192
Re: You Must've Been High, High, or Chai?

Quote:
This could work as Maynard sarcastically saying how the subject thinks he is living the power of god. I.e. the guy thinks he is god and what he says goes. So it could work i suppose.

"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
SynapticSatisfaction
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_11
The exact same way.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber_11
The exact same way.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-24-2006, 03:12 PM

And then MJK mentions Zion in 10kdays. Maybe, maybe...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

And then MJK mentions Zion in 10kdays. Maybe, maybe...
Dredg's Avatar Dredg
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
you are right he does sound like he is stressing it, but later on he says high normal.

which means....

Quote:
Old 05-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
you are right he does sound like he is stressing it, but later on he says high normal.

which means....

Quote:
05-25-2006, 07:43 AM

Nice thought but I am sure he is just saying "high".

The Lux Ferous and Steam Noire.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Nice thought but I am sure he is just saying "high".

The Lux Ferous and Steam Noire.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply