Negative Ions
Lost Keys>Rosetta Stoned
-----Break-----
Wings
Intension(tease)>Right in Two
Lateralus (ext w/ Cody)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-10-2007 at 12:47 PM..
Old 07-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/05 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism(ext)
Negative Ions
Lost Keys>Rosetta Stoned
-----Break-----
Wings
Lateralus (ext w/ Cody)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-10-2007 at 12:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ThirdEyeSeed
07-07-2007, 10:13 PM

ALRIGHT, I finally am taking the time to come on here and post. Setlist was as follows:
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (extended)
3, 4, 5, or 6: Negative Ions
3, 4, 5, or 6: Schism (extended)
3, 4, 5, or 6: Forty Six & 2
3, 4, 5, or 6: The Pot (interupted, mwa hahaha)
7. Lost Keys
8. Rosetta Stoned
9. Wings for Marie
10. 10,000 Days
11. Right in Two
12. Lateralus (extended)
13. Vicarious

I'll be honest, this was my first Tool show. But, from what I've read and compared it to, it was an amazing show. So, yeah, there might be a little bias, but whatever. I was in section 222, on the balcony. If you saw me, I was rocking out most of the time, didn't sit down once. Guys behind me were cool, gave me beer for I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure I looked like I was on drugs.

More about the show- Maynard was talky and so was the crowd. Actually, the crowd was incredibly enthusiastic. I don't know, it had more of a "Yaaaaaaaaaaay" thing going for it. Yes, well, if that makes sense. Thirty minutes before the concert started a dude shouted, then everyone started shouting that had came early.

Big Business came on at 8:00 and had a good response, especially that last song- from me. That last song was sweet and the singer had me laughing in the beginning. The crowd was definately nice to 'em, the singer even said something about, "Thanks for being nice to us." I'm not sure if they were boo'd off in DTE two nights before, but the response here was positive. Sometime during their set the singer (or guitarist?) talked for a while and all I remember is something like, "We don't wanna ruin it for you, but they have lasers." I don't know . . . He said lots of stuff that was pretty entertaining, rather he talked like Chauncey from Wonder Showzen or not. (Their set opened with him saying something like, Hey kids, we've come to play music just for you . . . Or something weirdly entertaining like that.)

Tool came on, about thirty minutes after Big Business was done, at 9:00 and the crowd stood to their feet and cheered. Maynard didn't say anything before Jambi, but afterward he had everyone raise their arms and gave a speech about fireworks and thumb losing. I guess he said something along the lines of, "Let me see your hands. Yesterday was the Fourth of July... and people tend to blow their thumbs off with fireworks, then can't use utensils... it's called natural selection." Yep, that quote comes directly from the life-changing website called mlive.com.

I wasn't expecting Stinkfist, but I'd been avoiding reviews before the concert so I could be surprised.

The Pot was a cool surprise. He got into "Who are you" and the crowd roared, seriously, could not hear Maynard and then he stopped singing and said something like wait for me now. That was pretty funny, then he just kept goin'. The song wasn't all that memorable though . . . You know what, actually, the video was memorable for that song. It stuck with me, kind of made me contemplate what those zombie-like people were supposed to represent. Maybe hypocrites? The people who blindly follow? Yeah, I liked the video for The Pot, I take that back. It kind of shows how the blind followers and hypocrites look . . . humanely.

Forty-Six and Two was something I wasn't expecting to hear. I don't remember much here. Moving on . . . This, Schism, The Pot, and (-)ions pretty much were meshed together for me. Sorry about that, but it was all quite tasty.

Schism made me piss my pants. I wanted that song badly and got it. Horrah to that.

During Lost Keys people raised their lighters and the place was semi-lit. Rosetta Stoned was amazing though, awesome, awesome. "Such a heavy burden now to be the one" . . . I think that song was where I first got really lost in the music. Probably looked like I was on drugs.

After this was the segue to Wings for marie and during it was the band's little break. Adam Jones raised a lighter (I THINK it was him) and the whole place lit up. I mean, yeah, before it did a little. But, the play was seriously lit up. Hundreds, MAYBE thousands, of lighters were up and flickering. That was a pretty cool thing to see.

Afterward, during Wings and 10k, people talked. That sucked. I felt bad, the song felt more like a time to pay respects to the departed than to rock out, drink beer, take pictures, and shout things for no reason. But hey, whatever, this is where the audience became a annoying and seemed more like beligerant, drunk, and happy people than smart, aware, and happy people. I just kind of stood still for those two . . .

After those songs people sat down. Yes, a large amount of people sat down which confused me much. Tool started playing the end/beginning of Intension and I seriously thought they were going to play Intension and I was immensely excited, but no . . . No they went into Right In Two and that was still great. I think, actually, it was my favorite song of the night. It was so great, really, that's why I was so confused when everyone was sitting by me. By the end of it, probably four people were still standing in front of me. Strange for best song of the night.

Afterward, Lateralus started, some people stayed sitting, but once the recognizable part came in, they were on their feet again and cheering. After Right In Two I didn't think I could get much more lost in the music, but damn . . . I lost myself between the sound. Amazing. This and Right In Two together were like an out of body experience, really got me somewhere emotionally.

The drummer from Big Business came out and played the drum solo with Danny, it seemed like he had been practicing with 'em, caus' there were a couple times where they did the exact same thing. As they did the solo, Maynard was shooting toilet paper into the air, eventually he tossed the roll into the crowd and they passed it around. It got to the almost-back of the arena floor and it looked kind of cool seeing the toilet paper zig-zagged and held above people . . . Sometime before or after that Maynard put the toilet paper around his shoe . . . Funny stuff.

After the song, Maynard said something like, "We'll see you soon" basic goodbyes . . . I don't remember all that much, really, I'm tired.

Some people started leaving, but then they started playing Vicarious and I'm pretty sure that made people glad. He didn't sing the "Vicariously I" part though, I don't really remember. I'm getting tired and forgetting things so I think I'm ending this review.

The crowd stayed and cheered for a good three minutes after, but no encore. I wanted Aenima, and seriously thought it would be cool if the everyone just started shouting, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey" . . . But yeah, they didn't and I was disappointed by that. (I loserly did shout it and just seemed weird, but it seemed clever AND like a good idea to me). Eventually the lights were turned on and everyone was outty after drum sticks were tossed and other things I don't recall.

I'm sure I exaggerated or messed up somewhere in here, but I do think I did alright and gave you the jist of the concert. I had a fun time. Some of the crowd seemed douchebaggish though- especially the Right In Two sitters and Wings/10k talkers . . . The bastards.

Best two songs: Right In Two and Lateralus. Mind-blowing.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/05 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena

ALRIGHT, I finally am taking the time to come on here and post. Setlist was as follows:
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (extended)
7. Lost Keys
8. Rosetta Stoned
9. Wings for Marie
10. 10,000 Days
11. Right in Two
12. Lateralus (extended)
13. Vicarious

I'll be honest, this was my first Tool show. But, from what I've read and compared it to, it was an amazing show. So, yeah, there might be a little bias, but whatever. I was in section 222, on the balcony. If you saw me, I was rocking out most of the time, didn't sit down once. Guys behind me were cool, gave me beer for I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure I looked like I was on drugs.

More about the show- Maynard was talky and so was the crowd. Actually, the crowd was incredibly enthusiastic. I don't know, it had more of a "Yaaaaaaaaaaay" thing going for it. Yes, well, if that makes sense. Thirty minutes before the concert started a dude shouted, then everyone started shouting that had came early.

Big Business came on at 8:00 and had a good response, especially that last song- from me. That last song was sweet and the singer had me laughing in the beginning. The crowd was definately nice to 'em, the singer even said something about, "Thanks for being nice to us." I'm not sure if they were boo'd off in DTE two nights before, but the response here was positive. Sometime during their set the singer (or guitarist?) talked for a while and all I remember is something like, "We don't wanna ruin it for you, but they have lasers." I don't know . . . He said lots of stuff that was pretty entertaining, rather he talked like Chauncey from Wonder Showzen or not. (Their set opened with him saying something like, Hey kids, we've come to play music just for you . . . Or something weirdly entertaining like that.)

Tool came on, about thirty minutes after Big Business was done, at 9:00 and the crowd stood to their feet and cheered. Maynard didn't say anything before Jambi, but afterward he had everyone raise their arms and gave a speech about fireworks and thumb losing. I guess he said something along the lines of, "Let me see your hands. Yesterday was the Fourth of July... and people tend to blow their thumbs off with fireworks, then can't use utensils... it's called natural selection." Yep, that quote comes directly from the life-changing website called mlive.com.

I wasn't expecting Stinkfist, but I'd been avoiding reviews before the concert so I could be surprised.

The Pot was a cool surprise. He got into "Who are you" and the crowd roared, seriously, could not hear Maynard and then he stopped singing and said something like wait for me now. That was pretty funny, then he just kept goin'. The song wasn't all that memorable though . . . You know what, actually, the video was memorable for that song. It stuck with me, kind of made me contemplate what those zombie-like people were supposed to represent. Maybe hypocrites? The people who blindly follow? Yeah, I liked the video for The Pot, I take that back. It kind of shows how the blind followers and hypocrites look . . . humanely.

Forty-Six and Two was something I wasn't expecting to hear. I don't remember much here. Moving on . . . This, Schism, The Pot, and (-)ions pretty much were meshed together for me. Sorry about that, but it was all quite tasty.

Schism made me piss my pants. I wanted that song badly and got it. Horrah to that.

During Lost Keys people raised their lighters and the place was semi-lit. Rosetta Stoned was amazing though, awesome, awesome. "Such a heavy burden now to be the one" . . . I think that song was where I first got really lost in the music. Probably looked like I was on drugs.

After this was the segue to Wings for marie and during it was the band's little break. Adam Jones raised a lighter (I THINK it was him) and the whole place lit up. I mean, yeah, before it did a little. But, the play was seriously lit up. Hundreds, MAYBE thousands, of lighters were up and flickering. That was a pretty cool thing to see.

Afterward, during Wings and 10k, people talked. That sucked. I felt bad, the song felt more like a time to pay respects to the departed than to rock out, drink beer, take pictures, and shout things for no reason. But hey, whatever, this is where the audience became a annoying and seemed more like beligerant, drunk, and happy people than smart, aware, and happy people. I just kind of stood still for those two . . .

After those songs people sat down. Yes, a large amount of people sat down which confused me much. Tool started playing the end/beginning of Intension and I seriously thought they were going to play Intension and I was immensely excited, but no . . . No they went into Right In Two and that was still great. I think, actually, it was my favorite song of the night. It was so great, really, that's why I was so confused when everyone was sitting by me. By the end of it, probably four people were still standing in front of me. Strange for best song of the night.

Afterward, Lateralus started, some people stayed sitting, but once the recognizable part came in, they were on their feet again and cheering. After Right In Two I didn't think I could get much more lost in the music, but damn . . . I lost myself between the sound. Amazing. This and Right In Two together were like an out of body experience, really got me somewhere emotionally.

The drummer from Big Business came out and played the drum solo with Danny, it seemed like he had been practicing with 'em, caus' there were a couple times where they did the exact same thing. As they did the solo, Maynard was shooting toilet paper into the air, eventually he tossed the roll into the crowd and they passed it around. It got to the almost-back of the arena floor and it looked kind of cool seeing the toilet paper zig-zagged and held above people . . . Sometime before or after that Maynard put the toilet paper around his shoe . . . Funny stuff.

After the song, Maynard said something like, "We'll see you soon" basic goodbyes . . . I don't remember all that much, really, I'm tired.

Some people started leaving, but then they started playing Vicarious and I'm pretty sure that made people glad. He didn't sing the "Vicariously I" part though, I don't really remember. I'm getting tired and forgetting things so I think I'm ending this review.

The crowd stayed and cheered for a good three minutes after, but no encore. I wanted Aenima, and seriously thought it would be cool if the everyone just started shouting, "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey" . . . But yeah, they didn't and I was disappointed by that. (I loserly did shout it and just seemed weird, but it seemed clever AND like a good idea to me). Eventually the lights were turned on and everyone was outty after drum sticks were tossed and other things I don't recall.

I'm sure I exaggerated or messed up somewhere in here, but I do think I did alright and gave you the jist of the concert. I had a fun time. Some of the crowd seemed douchebaggish though- especially the Right In Two sitters and Wings/10k talkers . . . The bastards.

OFFLINE |  
Simmy
07-08-2007, 06:27 AM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism(ext)
Lost Keys>Rosetta Stoned
-----Break-----
Wings
Lateralus (ext w/ Cody)
Vicarious

I got a setlist i'll try and upload later
Old 07-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Schism(ext)
Lost Keys>Rosetta Stoned
-----Break-----
Wings
Lateralus (ext w/ Cody)
Vicarious

I got a setlist i'll try and upload later
OFFLINE |  
ThirdEyeSeed
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM

. . . 99.9% sure Right In Two came before Lateralus.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

. . . 99.9% sure Right In Two came before Lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
mixgrafix
07-08-2007, 09:39 AM

You are correct
Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

You are correct
OFFLINE |  
Da Rev's Avatar Da Rev
07-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Man, that was an intense show. I still don't have a voice.

Maynard was awesome as usual. Especially when they turned the lights onto the crowd and told us to hold up our hands to check if our thumbs were still there after the 4th.

The Lateralus drum-off with Cody from Big Business was pretty amazing. If it was a competition, Danny blew him away. His stuff was way more complex than Codys. Although he did a bang up job and I was extremely impressed.

I saw them live last year at their small venue show at the Fox Theater in Detroit, and this concert blew that concert out of the water. They are always growing with their shows. Their displays and their music keeps getting better everytime I see them.

Loved the show. Loved the lighters during their break, that was amazing. Wings was played perfectly.

The opener was awesome. Really got everything pumping. Glad they started off with Jambi, it was great.

This post went backwards. Go ahead and read it that way.

5/15/2006 - Fox Theater. Detroit, MI
7/5/2007 - Van Andel Arena. Grand Rapids, MI
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Man, that was an intense show. I still don't have a voice.

Maynard was awesome as usual. Especially when they turned the lights onto the crowd and told us to hold up our hands to check if our thumbs were still there after the 4th.

The Lateralus drum-off with Cody from Big Business was pretty amazing. If it was a competition, Danny blew him away. His stuff was way more complex than Codys. Although he did a bang up job and I was extremely impressed.

I saw them live last year at their small venue show at the Fox Theater in Detroit, and this concert blew that concert out of the water. They are always growing with their shows. Their displays and their music keeps getting better everytime I see them.

Loved the show. Loved the lighters during their break, that was amazing. Wings was played perfectly.

The opener was awesome. Really got everything pumping. Glad they started off with Jambi, it was great.

This post went backwards. Go ahead and read it that way.

5/15/2006 - Fox Theater. Detroit, MI
7/5/2007 - Van Andel Arena. Grand Rapids, MI
OFFLINE |  
SetecX
07-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Ok so this was my 7th Tool show and 2nd in 3 days as I was at the DTE show too. This tour I think is much better than the one from last year. I was at the Palace last September and that show seemed flat compared to the Lateralus tour.

BUT, finally with the improved visuals this tour is amazing and I think compares to the Lateralus tour in terms of like overall feeling and vibe and sheer amazement.

Big Business is not really that great but their drummer is really amazing and he should move on to something else. To me, all of their songs sound basically the exact same, specifically the first one they played and the last one. Funniest part was when they came on and the singer talked in this really like sissy voice, it was hilarious to see this big burly guy talk like that.

I was sitting in the middle of the floor, row Q and the audio seemed very good. It didnt seem as loud as the DTE show but it sounded better than I thought it would. Maynard's vocals seemed very low during Jambi but after that they were louder and could be heard better.

I was hoping for the extended Stinkfist but Schism extended with that sped up part is awesome.

Right in Two was really cool, dont know what else to say about it.

Ahhh Lateralus, it really has become a staple of any Tool show. They used to end with it and I think it would be better if they went back to doing that instead of ending with Vicarious. It seems like taking a step backward because Lateralus with the drum solo/duo is mindblowing. This show they did the drum duo with the drummer from Big Business which was really neat and it went on what seemed like forever.

I think though I liked the DTE show solo better because it was so like fluid and continuous and it was just Danny's moment and he really shined. If that makes sense.

All in all it was a fantastic show and the crowd around me was very mellow and not acting like idiots creating problems. I did however see one guy getting dragged down the aisle by like 6 security guards because he was putting up a big fight. I later heard that he tried to get on stage.

I really hoped they would do something special for Grand Rapids because Maynard went to college there. By something special I mean play pushit.

After the show I saw the tour busses out back and thought that maybe it would be worth it to wait a bit for someone to come out. After like an hour Justin came out and talked to people and he was really cool. He signed my ticket. I told him I had been to 7 shows and never heard pushit. His response was "Didnt we play that like 3 weeks ago or something?" "I dont know why we dont play it more". Which kind of leads me to believe that maybe they arent like intentionally strict on what they play and they just show up and play basically.

A little bit later Danny came out and talked to everyone that was still waiting and signed stuff for whoever wanted something signed. He was not into having pictures taken of him but he was really nice. I told him he had a great solo at DTE and played 2 amazing shows and he thanked me for the comments and for coming out.

Adam came out and basically went into his bus and he did not seem interested in talking to people. Maynard was apparently already in his bus and assuming his was the one with all the knives on it, it left early. The roadies brought out a bunch of fireworks and blew them off at one point.

All in all, great show, great crowd, great times. Thanks for reading about my experience.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Ok so this was my 7th Tool show and 2nd in 3 days as I was at the DTE show too. This tour I think is much better than the one from last year. I was at the Palace last September and that show seemed flat compared to the Lateralus tour.

BUT, finally with the improved visuals this tour is amazing and I think compares to the Lateralus tour in terms of like overall feeling and vibe and sheer amazement.

Big Business is not really that great but their drummer is really amazing and he should move on to something else. To me, all of their songs sound basically the exact same, specifically the first one they played and the last one. Funniest part was when they came on and the singer talked in this really like sissy voice, it was hilarious to see this big burly guy talk like that.

I was sitting in the middle of the floor, row Q and the audio seemed very good. It didnt seem as loud as the DTE show but it sounded better than I thought it would. Maynard's vocals seemed very low during Jambi but after that they were louder and could be heard better.

I was hoping for the extended Stinkfist but Schism extended with that sped up part is awesome.

Right in Two was really cool, dont know what else to say about it.

Ahhh Lateralus, it really has become a staple of any Tool show. They used to end with it and I think it would be better if they went back to doing that instead of ending with Vicarious. It seems like taking a step backward because Lateralus with the drum solo/duo is mindblowing. This show they did the drum duo with the drummer from Big Business which was really neat and it went on what seemed like forever.

I think though I liked the DTE show solo better because it was so like fluid and continuous and it was just Danny's moment and he really shined. If that makes sense.

All in all it was a fantastic show and the crowd around me was very mellow and not acting like idiots creating problems. I did however see one guy getting dragged down the aisle by like 6 security guards because he was putting up a big fight. I later heard that he tried to get on stage.

I really hoped they would do something special for Grand Rapids because Maynard went to college there. By something special I mean play pushit.

After the show I saw the tour busses out back and thought that maybe it would be worth it to wait a bit for someone to come out. After like an hour Justin came out and talked to people and he was really cool. He signed my ticket. I told him I had been to 7 shows and never heard pushit. His response was "Didnt we play that like 3 weeks ago or something?" "I dont know why we dont play it more". Which kind of leads me to believe that maybe they arent like intentionally strict on what they play and they just show up and play basically.

A little bit later Danny came out and talked to everyone that was still waiting and signed stuff for whoever wanted something signed. He was not into having pictures taken of him but he was really nice. I told him he had a great solo at DTE and played 2 amazing shows and he thanked me for the comments and for coming out.

Adam came out and basically went into his bus and he did not seem interested in talking to people. Maynard was apparently already in his bus and assuming his was the one with all the knives on it, it left early. The roadies brought out a bunch of fireworks and blew them off at one point.

All in all, great show, great crowd, great times. Thanks for reading about my experience.
OFFLINE |  
BeyondFear
07-09-2007, 05:01 AM

So that was a trip...

Quotes:

"Good evening Amway"

End of show:

"It's been a real pleasure, no shit. I wouldn't lie to you, or would I?"

Please help with remembering any others.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

So that was a trip...

Quotes:

"Good evening Amway"

End of show:

"It's been a real pleasure, no shit. I wouldn't lie to you, or would I?"

Please help with remembering any others.
OFFLINE |  
saigonsuicidesquad's Avatar saigonsuicidesquad
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM

ThirdEyeSeed, not a big deal, but it was Justin who was holding the lighter up. =)

Just a recap of what I posted in the non-review thread for this show:
Great show. Wish we would have had Flood instead of The Pot; I felt this was the only weak point of the night.
Band sounded pretty tight.

Oh and that guy who was escorted out was taking our row of chairs, using a lighter to burn off the ties that bound the chairs together to set up a mosh pit. He did this during Vicarious. Looked like he was on a lot of drugs and was really intense. Made for an interesting end to the night.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1308

ThirdEyeSeed, not a big deal, but it was Justin who was holding the lighter up. =)

Just a recap of what I posted in the non-review thread for this show:
Great show. Wish we would have had Flood instead of The Pot; I felt this was the only weak point of the night.
Band sounded pretty tight.

Oh and that guy who was escorted out was taking our row of chairs, using a lighter to burn off the ties that bound the chairs together to set up a mosh pit. He did this during Vicarious. Looked like he was on a lot of drugs and was really intense. Made for an interesting end to the night.
07-09-2007, 08:30 AM

The show was amazing. I had some decent seats in SEC224 but decided to move up to the empty seats to have some room to enjoy the music. I personally am glad they played "Right In Two" instead of "The Flood", as it fit the other songs played a lot better. Maynard really seemed to concentrate on singing it well, too. Although everyone loves "Rosetta Stoned", you can't hear a damn thing Maynard is saying on that talkbox...

The fans were mostly pretty cool, but my sister (who works at the city parking garages), said that drunken Tool fans backed up into lines of cars, which I found pretty funny.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 935

The show was amazing. I had some decent seats in SEC224 but decided to move up to the empty seats to have some room to enjoy the music. I personally am glad they played "Right In Two" instead of "The Flood", as it fit the other songs played a lot better. Maynard really seemed to concentrate on singing it well, too. Although everyone loves "Rosetta Stoned", you can't hear a damn thing Maynard is saying on that talkbox...

The fans were mostly pretty cool, but my sister (who works at the city parking garages), said that drunken Tool fans backed up into lines of cars, which I found pretty funny.
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigonsuicidesquad View Post
Wellll then, ooooops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Skiez View Post
Did you see the people shooting bottle rockets into the building across the street from the parking garage in front of the arena? That was pretty crazy, but crazy entertaining . . . Only one hit the building though, hahaha.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigonsuicidesquad View Post
Wellll then, ooooops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Skiez View Post
Did you see the people shooting bottle rockets into the building across the street from the parking garage in front of the arena? That was pretty crazy, but crazy entertaining . . . Only one hit the building though, hahaha.
OFFLINE |  
Galen
07-09-2007, 10:34 AM

The show was the 4th of 4 shows, for me, in 6 days - the 25th total. MJK was relatively talkative and noted the history of Grand Rapids with 'hello Amway'. Asked the sound engineer for a copy, turned me down after the show... however, the lighting guys threw one as a paper airplane that I grabbed; lucky. Good thing the guy could not fold a decent paper airplane.

Stinkfist did not have the 'scream'. Unlike previous recent songs, he leaved 'Dave' in Rosetta Stoned rather than 'Tom'.

The soundcheck consisted of:

* Justin playing around on the bass (with bass-only ending to Stinkfist)
* Danny joining in on drume w/a quick solo from Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
* Adam soloing Jambi / random riffs
* MJK saying "soap, soap, soap"
* STINKFIST
* JAMBI
Old 07-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

The show was the 4th of 4 shows, for me, in 6 days - the 25th total. MJK was relatively talkative and noted the history of Grand Rapids with 'hello Amway'. Asked the sound engineer for a copy, turned me down after the show... however, the lighting guys threw one as a paper airplane that I grabbed; lucky. Good thing the guy could not fold a decent paper airplane.

Stinkfist did not have the 'scream'. Unlike previous recent songs, he leaved 'Dave' in Rosetta Stoned rather than 'Tom'.

The soundcheck consisted of:

* Justin playing around on the bass (with bass-only ending to Stinkfist)
* Danny joining in on drume w/a quick solo from Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
* Adam soloing Jambi / random riffs
* MJK saying "soap, soap, soap"
* STINKFIST
* JAMBI
insectpinsNR's Avatar insectpinsNR
07-09-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeSeed View Post
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (extended)
7. Lost Keys
8. Rosetta Stoned
9. Wings for Marie
10. 10,000 Days
11. Right in Two
12. Lateralus (extended)
13. Vicarious

yeah brother. NOTHING WAS NEGATIVE AT DTE. AT LEAST I DIDNT ENCOUNTER. except a few people being drunk which was minor and the band didnt notice them from what i saw!!! NEXT EVENT AT DTE IS SLAYER AND MANSON FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO LIKE A HATFULL AND ONE HOMOISH WIERD BAND!!!! I PERSONALLY LIKE BOTH LOTZ!!!

and more...
Liked this show a ton. But there were alot of problems with my transportation and a rudeCollege punk group wanting my sister to undress in the parking lot!!! I wanted to unload my clip into theire cooler see whos laughing THEN!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!iiiiPLEASEiiiii!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would someone please telll me how they know that bad ass songish this is call Negative Ions...Send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE because ill prolly not check this back....

Next event
Old 07-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeSeed View Post
1. Jambi
2. Stinkfist (extended)
7. Lost Keys
8. Rosetta Stoned
9. Wings for Marie
10. 10,000 Days
11. Right in Two
12. Lateralus (extended)
13. Vicarious

yeah brother. NOTHING WAS NEGATIVE AT DTE. AT LEAST I DIDNT ENCOUNTER. except a few people being drunk which was minor and the band didnt notice them from what i saw!!! NEXT EVENT AT DTE IS SLAYER AND MANSON FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO LIKE A HATFULL AND ONE HOMOISH WIERD BAND!!!! I PERSONALLY LIKE BOTH LOTZ!!!

and more...
Liked this show a ton. But there were alot of problems with my transportation and a rudeCollege punk group wanting my sister to undress in the parking lot!!! I wanted to unload my clip into theire cooler see whos laughing THEN!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!iiiiPLEASEiiiii!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would someone please telll me how they know that bad ass songish this is call Negative Ions...Send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE because ill prolly not check this back....

Next event
OFFLINE |  
standingabovethecrowd's Avatar standingabovethecrowd
07-13-2007, 05:26 AM

ha ha DTE, here they played Right In Two and the Magnificant Riff-catchy POT. But Flood was pretty unique and different at DTE. They haven't played that in like 10 years eh? Except earlier on this tour. Indoor venue was better 4 the laser and visuals cause they bounce off everything. That dual drum solo with BB dude and Daniel was fantastic. Lateralus was quite grand. Smaller venues are where its at. Such as The Fox.

In closing, yall out there, heed my word. Appreciate these guys now. U will b saddened when they're gone. They've been doing this 4 nearly 2 decades. ('89) Cherish this creative and inspiratioinal force we call TOOL. Each new cd tops the other in my opinion. They are getting better with time, such as a fine (Caduceus) wine. Some folk complain about the set lists and would like to hear this that and the other. I like it the way it is. 10,000 is superb. Of course they are going to play most of their new. This is a business. This is how u sell records and sell urself. Rosetta is a journey of peeks and valleys and builds up to explode on a mountain top. Wings encapsulates true beauty. The Pot is politically charged and that hook...my Lord. Peeps think that the band has become soft and has lost their edge. "They're not as hard as they used to be"
They're changing, evolving, experimenting, maturing. Can't u see the difference. Musically past albums cannot compare. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 5 for another one.
6 times in two years shall keep me content for now. Hey boys, when u finish in Istanbul, get back in the studio. Since songs like Rosetta take 6 months or more to construct, I'll expect a new album in...lets say...2010. late

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 07:00 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

ha ha DTE, here they played Right In Two and the Magnificant Riff-catchy POT. But Flood was pretty unique and different at DTE. They haven't played that in like 10 years eh? Except earlier on this tour. Indoor venue was better 4 the laser and visuals cause they bounce off everything. That dual drum solo with BB dude and Daniel was fantastic. Lateralus was quite grand. Smaller venues are where its at. Such as The Fox.

In closing, yall out there, heed my word. Appreciate these guys now. U will b saddened when they're gone. They've been doing this 4 nearly 2 decades. ('89) Cherish this creative and inspiratioinal force we call TOOL. Each new cd tops the other in my opinion. They are getting better with time, such as a fine (Caduceus) wine. Some folk complain about the set lists and would like to hear this that and the other. I like it the way it is. 10,000 is superb. Of course they are going to play most of their new. This is a business. This is how u sell records and sell urself. Rosetta is a journey of peeks and valleys and builds up to explode on a mountain top. Wings encapsulates true beauty. The Pot is politically charged and that hook...my Lord. Peeps think that the band has become soft and has lost their edge. "They're not as hard as they used to be"
They're changing, evolving, experimenting, maturing. Can't u see the difference. Musically past albums cannot compare. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 5 for another one.
6 times in two years shall keep me content for now. Hey boys, when u finish in Istanbul, get back in the studio. Since songs like Rosetta take 6 months or more to construct, I'll expect a new album in...lets say...2010. late

Last edited by paraflux; 07-13-2007 at 07:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Fleabird
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM

I just felt lucky to leave with all of my molecules in tact. Granted, in a slightly different order. Holy fucking shit! Thanks Tool!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

I just felt lucky to leave with all of my molecules in tact. Granted, in a slightly different order. Holy fucking shit! Thanks Tool!
OFFLINE |  
Hobot2
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM

The Show was amazing. I was sitting floor section 8 row e, and you could see everything there. The lasers at the show were prolly some of the best i have seen. It could be because they were enhanced by the 2nd hand high that came to me by breathing
Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

The Show was amazing. I was sitting floor section 8 row e, and you could see everything there. The lasers at the show were prolly some of the best i have seen. It could be because they were enhanced by the 2nd hand high that came to me by breathing
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply