Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
neuropathy's Avatar neuropathy
05-09-2006, 10:18 PM

Maybe Vicarious relates somewhat to the song Aenima in that one's a warning about bullshit and the other is a plea to wipe out the bullshit.

Before flipping your shit and replying that this post is dung just chiiillll....and realize it's just one man's opinion of a multi-leveled song. This is just one level, and if it's overtly stating the obvious then just be happy you took the blue pill, alright? Alright.

Vic:
....Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out
....and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

-don't trust the snakes cause they'll bite your ass (and go get your own fucking Twix)

Aen:
...Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
I sure could use a vacation from this
Silly shit, stupid shit...
One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
Learn to swim

-please tidal wave wash all these corrupt souls away so I can breathe(and open your fucking eyes people and look outside the box)

All other themes aside (& as always there are many) I think it's more what they've always been about more or less from the start... don't believe everything you hear/see....wake up and think for yourself....question everything. Granted Aenima is more directly about LA but that's b/c LA is where the majority of mass scale pop-culture begins and then filters to the rest of the states (New York is another major opinion leader)...Vicarious used TV to discuss how it's easy to avoid thinking on your own when you can click on the TV and live the fabulous life of some asshead rapper with a gold sink on vh1...too much convienience (yes James used violence as an opiate in the song but that's because violence brings you to your feet during a hockey fight) same effect. I bet he's pissed like a lot of people looking around and seeing all the materialism and bullshit advertisements and boredom and dissolutionment and LIES and fucking blindness to all the shit that doesn't mean anything...for 15 years Tool has lit a fire under people's asses so they'd stand up and be individuals and stop being what the bevy of influences in this country tells us to so a 30 second shoe ad sells for $3 million and every tom dick and harry's wearin the busted keds by Tuesday.

I feel good, now.

Thanks for reading.

And don't forget,

Shit adds up at the bottom.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Vicariously Cleaned Soul's Humble Theory

Maybe Vicarious relates somewhat to the song Aenima in that one's a warning about bullshit and the other is a plea to wipe out the bullshit.

Before flipping your shit and replying that this post is dung just chiiillll....and realize it's just one man's opinion of a multi-leveled song. This is just one level, and if it's overtly stating the obvious then just be happy you took the blue pill, alright? Alright.

Vic:
....Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out
....and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

-don't trust the snakes cause they'll bite your ass (and go get your own fucking Twix)

Aen:
...Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
I sure could use a vacation from this
Silly shit, stupid shit...
One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied
Learn to swim

-please tidal wave wash all these corrupt souls away so I can breathe(and open your fucking eyes people and look outside the box)

All other themes aside (& as always there are many) I think it's more what they've always been about more or less from the start... don't believe everything you hear/see....wake up and think for yourself....question everything. Granted Aenima is more directly about LA but that's b/c LA is where the majority of mass scale pop-culture begins and then filters to the rest of the states (New York is another major opinion leader)...Vicarious used TV to discuss how it's easy to avoid thinking on your own when you can click on the TV and live the fabulous life of some asshead rapper with a gold sink on vh1...too much convienience (yes James used violence as an opiate in the song but that's because violence brings you to your feet during a hockey fight) same effect. I bet he's pissed like a lot of people looking around and seeing all the materialism and bullshit advertisements and boredom and dissolutionment and LIES and fucking blindness to all the shit that doesn't mean anything...for 15 years Tool has lit a fire under people's asses so they'd stand up and be individuals and stop being what the bevy of influences in this country tells us to so a 30 second shoe ad sells for $3 million and every tom dick and harry's wearin the busted keds by Tuesday.

I feel good, now.

Thanks for reading.

And don't forget,

Shit adds up at the bottom.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply