opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #6681
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

hmm, I think we may have all the dates now, with the exception of the one SoCal show.

Originally I expected 1 more in between NYC and Toronto, but considering they are not doing 3 straight nights with shows at any point in this tour, I don't see them doing it during this period.

This means everything is basically finalized with the exception of SoCal.

Was kind of hoping for Montreal... oh well, Toronto will suffice.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #6682
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 35

Here i come cincinnati.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #6683
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

I am stuck at work and all i have is Pandora.com and I need some Tool, getting pumped for their tour.

Any good places to get free audio live or recording?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #6684
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

grooveshark.com
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #6685
Level 4 - Thinker

Duluth

Can't believe I'll be seeing Tool again twice in 09. Just picked up my GA ticket for the Duluth gig in Gwinnett Co. I know that probably no one who frequents these boards is the type of person to act like a total ass at a concert, but nonetheless I hope that folks ackrite on the floor. I've been on the flloor only once at a Tool show, and there were reserved seats. This will be my first opportunity to get close to the stage.

As far as song selections for this short tour are concerned, whaddya think might be played? SURELY some different stuff than the last go-round, right?

Can't wait! Gonna try for Cincy, too. See you there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #6686
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
I believe during the Ænima tour also played 2 shows after another in New York iirc and day 1 they played quite normal setlist and day 2 they played all other songs from their colelction.
the '98 Ozzfest tour played 2 shows in Mansfield with the following setlists:

Day1............................Day2
------------------------------------------------------
Part of Me....................Hooker With A Penis
46 & 2..........................Stinkfist
Crawl Away..................Prison Sex
H..................................Bottom
Sober...........................Merkaba
Eulogy..........................Sober
Ænema.........................Pushit(slow)
Jerk-Off.........................Opiate/Flood

And if you happened to go to the Lewiston, ME show in between these 2, you would've also got Sweat, Hush, Swamp Song, and Third Eye.

So, on those 3 consecutive days, the only songs they didn't play were Cold & Ugly, Intolerance, 4°, & Jimmy.

Last edited by eulogys; 06-16-2009 at 07:10 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #6687
Level 4 - Thinker

my day just got better. found out my company has some locations in Dallas and San Antonio and I get to choose the dates and locations for site visits. I think I may be scheduling a work trip to TX for July 23. And while I'm there, I might as well stick around the area for the weekend. I'm sure I can find something to do...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #6688
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
hmm, I think we may have all the dates now, with the exception of the one SoCal show.

Originally I expected 1 more in between NYC and Toronto, but considering they are not doing 3 straight nights with shows at any point in this tour, I don't see them doing it during this period.

This means everything is basically finalized with the exception of SoCal.

Was kind of hoping for Montreal... oh well, Toronto will suffice.
Manchester has been added for 8/2 (not confirmed, but is listed on Ticketmaster), and they were looking into a date on 8/4 in Hartford that fell through, so I think another show might be added on that date and would either be in New England, Montreal or Upstate NY. Just guessing.

Last edited by chunga; 06-16-2009 at 07:40 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #6689
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
Manchester has been added for 8/2 (not confirmed, but is listed on Ticketmaster), and they were looking into a date on 8/4 in Hartford that fell through, so I think another show might be added on that date and would either be in New England, Montreal or Upstate NY. Just guessing.

Thanks for the info. Manchester has been confirmed according to Toolband.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #6690
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by l David l View Post
I am stuck at work and all i have is Pandora.com and I need some Tool, getting pumped for their tour.

Any good places to get free audio live or recording?
www.distortiononline.com

red button, multimedia, audio.

i love the d/r/t version there.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #6691

The Sven, Kanaduh, eulogys, Dr Funkmaster and McRoggles. Thanks for your lengthy responses. You more than convinced me to get tickets for San Antonio!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #6692
Level 10 - Vehement

Hey I have an extra single for the N.M. show on July 22nd. Section 201 row J. (FV of course)

So who wants to be in the Justin zone?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #6693
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Hey I have an extra single for the N.M. show on July 22nd. Section 201 row J. (FV of course)

So who wants to be in the Justin zone?
I always like the Justin Sider zone the best.

but unfortunately i cant make it to NM this summer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #6694
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
THIS

I need a GA floor ticket for the Toronto show, willing to pay the high high price of face value + 1 large beer at the Ampitheatre.

It's a long shot, but it does not hurt to try.
I have one ticket in 301 for sale at face value or best offer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF-34 View Post
Highly disappointed that we haven't got a date announced in the Midwest other than Chicago. I'm in KC and I'm sure Danny would love to play the new sprint arena for his family and friends. Hell, I'd be willing to drive to STL. Just wish they would say or not if all dates have been announced. That way i can try and find tickets elsewhere.

I'm still hoping for a St. Louis or KC date as well, but had to get Dallas tickets in case they don't come any closer. Cincinnati is closer, but already had Dallas seats and friends to stay with for the weekend. Pretty cheap trip overall. I know Danny would love to do a KC date and KC would get a date over STL any day, even though the Savvis Center here in St. Louis was packed to the gills with 20,000 screaming, adoring fans both new and old in June 2007. But the 2006 Kemper Arena show was nearly as good, just earlier in the tour. By 2007 they were so tight it was even better than the October 2001 show when they had Osseus Labyrint with them. Energetic and epic!!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #6696

Quote:
www.distortiononline.com

red button, multimedia, audio.

i love the d/r/t version there.
thanks! I forgot about that site. Used to listen to it all the time. d/r/t is definitely one of the better live recordings on there that I've heard.

I forgot to ask this earlier......

I have 3 tickets for the Duluth, GA concert. I wanted to find out if they are like really super awesome seats or just better than most. I got them as fast as I could at 10am.

section 118 row W and heres a seating chart:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/atl/4869s_a.gif
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #6697

IF YOU NEED DULUTH GA TICKETS:

I have been checking to see how quick it would sell out after I got mine and tickets went unavaible pretty quickly.

I just checked again, and it looks like they are selling tickets for the seated sections just to the right and left of the stage (on the sides). These would be awesome seats to get a good view of the band but not so good to get a view of the show.

just a FYI
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #6698
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 862

is Toronto sold out? ill settle for lawns dammit!!
Mondays - Thursdays 11:30pm
If Not??.....You're A Coward

Member Of The Colbert Nation Covenant.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #6699
Level 9 - Obstreperous

wow toronto is sold out.

not even a single lawn available anymore.

impressive.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #6700
Level 1 - Lurker

If anyone has any line on GA tickets for San Antonio or in the first few sections 10, 20, 22, 8, please send me a PM. Rather spend the money through here or TA than Snubhub or ebay.

thanks
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #6701
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
wow toronto is sold out.

not even a single lawn available anymore.

impressive.
Now if they sold out Shorline, they'd not be bringing in money, but RAPING in money. Place is HUGE.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #6702
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by l David l View Post
thanks! I forgot about that site. Used to listen to it all the time. d/r/t is definitely one of the better live recordings on there that I've heard.

I forgot to ask this earlier......

I have 3 tickets for the Duluth, GA concert. I wanted to find out if they are like really super awesome seats or just better than most. I got them as fast as I could at 10am.

section 118 row W and heres a seating chart:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/...tl/4869s_a.gif
I saw them last year and sat in 104 row W. Opposite side one section away from the stage. The seats were good. I honestly don't think there is a bad seat in the house. You should be very happy with your seats. I was fortunate and got 4x 116 row V this year. Then tried my luck again and got 2x 116 P that I will sell to my buddys. If none of my friends want them I will come here first. F ebay!! would rather see a true fan enjoy them.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #6703
Level 4 - Thinker

oh man. manchester? saw them there during 10,000 days and it was pretty mellow. after seeing them at tweeter (comcast now) few days before in the freezing cold and an insane show, they were pretty chill. maynard didn't dance at all or say anything. seeing as this is the only show in new england (hopefully not) I hope they make it nuts. this will sell out in 60 seconds. i remember for the pit u had to buy 1 at a time so i dunno if thats a smart move. i might just try and get 2 tickets and wherever they are i don't think I will care. the arena is small so it shouldn't matter. man i wish they would just do banknorth garden. comcast is terrible, the drive, parking, and prices for anything are insane. if they did play there i don't think i would go. i will pray to the good lord i get tickets. also, i hope maynard changes up his outfit, the coyboy look got old fast.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #6704
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
also, i hope maynard changes up his outfit, the coyboy look got old fast.
Totally agree. I want to see MJK dressed like a girl. That would be awesome.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #6705
CCP

The girl outfits were cool, well from what i've seen on youtube. The blue and white paint was cool when i saw them in 96', and the leather in 01' was awesome. the cowboy shit was bad, he didnt really pull it off, it's fine for chad grey to dress like a cowboy when he plays with HellYeah, but Maynard doesnt suit it. A suit maybe cool actually. But i reckon he'll end up looking like Cat Stevens haha
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #6706
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
oh man. manchester? saw them there during 10,000 days and it was pretty mellow. after seeing them at tweeter (comcast now) few days before in the freezing cold and an insane show, they were pretty chill. maynard didn't dance at all or say anything. seeing as this is the only show in new england (hopefully not) I hope they make it nuts. this will sell out in 60 seconds. i remember for the pit u had to buy 1 at a time so i dunno if thats a smart move. i might just try and get 2 tickets and wherever they are i don't think I will care. the arena is small so it shouldn't matter. man i wish they would just do banknorth garden. comcast is terrible, the drive, parking, and prices for anything are insane. if they did play there i don't think i would go. i will pray to the good lord i get tickets. also, i hope maynard changes up his outfit, the coyboy look got old fast.
I'd come up with a good game plan on Friday to get tix because this place isn't big enough to meet demand in the area. I already have a couple of people who will be calling and a couple of others working the online sales. Hopefully they will add on another show. The scalpers will be circling like sharks for these tickets.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #6707

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
I'd come up with a good game plan on Friday to get tix because this place isn't big enough to meet demand in the area. I already have a couple of people who will be calling and a couple of others working the online sales. Hopefully they will add on another show. The scalpers will be circling like sharks for these tickets.

I would not count on them adding a second show. They could have EASILY sold out 2 nights in a row in Dallas at the Nokia (approx 6K people). That show sold out in about 20-30 minutes. The venue in Manchester holds approx. 10K people for an end stage concert. It will be interesting to see how fast that thing sells out!!
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #6708
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
I would not count on them adding a second show. They could have EASILY sold out 2 nights in a row in Dallas at the Nokia (approx 6K people). That show sold out in about 20-30 minutes. The venue in Manchester holds approx. 10K people for an end stage concert. It will be interesting to see how fast that thing sells out!!
I'm going to guess 5 minutes, 10 minutes TOP. Nothing against Dallas, but there's a greater population base in New England and Manchester is a close drive (within an hour and half of most of them).
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #6709
Level 7 - Loquacious

My two Atlanta tickets indicate "GA Floor" for the section, and "row G2 seats 1 and 2".

I'm assuming the "row G2 seats 1 and 2" is probably related to numbering the GA tickets rather than an indication that the show will have seated floors...

Anyone from ATL have any insight?

thanks.

Last edited by Runner701; 06-17-2009 at 09:47 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #6710
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maynard was just in Boston on the wine tour. Completely forgot about it. He was interviewed on WBCN. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, so not sure if there was any Tool info. Here is the link:

http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3609299

EDIT:

Listened to the interview. Here is a run down of the Tool related stuff:

Maynard doesn't know why they're touring.
Maynard has no idea if there will be another show closer to Boston.
Maynard said Tool are 4 completely different personalities that barely get along.

I got the impression that Maynard hasn't been in the loop much outside of being "tricked" into touring. Of course, most of it could be tongue and cheek.

They will be at Whole Foods in Cambridge tonight and tomorrow.

Last edited by chunga; 06-17-2009 at 11:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #6711

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys View Post
I'm going to guess 5 minutes, 10 minutes TOP. Nothing against Dallas, but there's a greater population base in New England and Manchester is a close drive (within an hour and half of most of them).
Probably could have sold out a big arena(20K) in that area
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #6712
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko View Post
Considering this...what's your veredict?
I read on a Tool Army report/blog site that this summer's tour will feature redone originals and covers!! Imagine, you can hear something that will never ever be played outside of an arena, twice!! Maybe on You-tube, or someone recorded it badly over the assholes in front of them, like Stranglehold or Demon Cleaner. You know those were bad recordings and wouldn't you have wished, "Yes! I saw Tool cover Stranglehold (or insert the upcoming cover) live . . . TWICE!" Only a few thousand out of a few BILLION people can say that!

Also, when tool redoes their songs: slower songs get increased tempo; faster becomes slower; hard to soft and vice-versa.

My Droog, Seriously . . . go with your gutty-wutties! Who needs spatchka when Lucy will keep you awake! *wink*
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #6713
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Cincy venue PIT area info

Looking at the seating chart for the Cincy venue (PNC Pavilion), it appears as if the pit area is divided into three sections. Is that right? Surely it's just one area with no seats, for a show with a pit, right? Also, as far as the pricing tier is concerned, Ticketmaster's site isn't really clear about which seats cost what. I presume the pit area will be $81, but will any other reserved seats (100 section seats for example) be at the $81 price point? Damn it all, I hate buying tickets armed with NO information. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this. Shed, har har.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #6714
Level 4 - Thinker

"Of course, most of it could be tongue and cheek."

I'm sure that MJK's just fucking around. The man's trying to promote his wine, so it doesn't surprise me to hear him offer red herrings and smokescreen type answers to any Tool-related questions. Always has, always will. That's the beauty of being a Tool fan, to be honest.

Oh, and why they're touring? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ It's how you make $$$ in the bidness these days. Just look at the f-ing ticket prices. That said, I happily pay my money and enjoy the hell out of it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #6715
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Imus View Post
I read on a Tool Army report/blog site that this summer's tour will feature redone originals and covers!!
The actual quote was “rework some old stuff and maybe throw in a few covers.”
It was from Justin in Rolling Stone.
Key word was "maybe".
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #6716

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis311 View Post
Looking at the seating chart for the Cincy venue (PNC Pavilion), it appears as if the pit area is divided into three sections. Is that right? Surely it's just one area with no seats, for a show with a pit, right? Also, as far as the pricing tier is concerned, Ticketmaster's site isn't really clear about which seats cost what. I presume the pit area will be $81, but will any other reserved seats (100 section seats for example) be at the $81 price point? Damn it all, I hate buying tickets armed with NO information. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this. Shed, har har.
Good questions. I have been to Riverbend Ampitheater before, which is apparently at the same location, but this is a new ampitheater without a lawn?! I have not been to a show at PNC yet (or any lawn-less ampitheater for that matter). I would guess, and keep in mind I am guessing, that the pit and the first sections(100, 101, 102) would be 81.50 (before fees!...really Tool?) and everything else the lower price. I'm hoping someone can help us out that has been to the venue and/or purchased tickets at this venue before. Anyone...? How quick do we think this show will sell out?
5/15/94--Cleveland, OH ; 11/15/96--Columbus, OH; 3/3/97--Dayton, OH; 7/20/97--Columbus, OH; 7/21/98--Columbus, OH; 5/18/01--Detroit, MI; 9/12/01--Dayton, OH(cancelled); 9/14/01--Columbus, OH; 8/31/02--Cincinnati, OH; 10/23/02--Toledo, OH; 9/21/06--Columbus, OH; 9/22/06--Detroit, MI; 9/25/06--Cleveland, OH; 6/15/07--Manchester, TN; 8/7/09--Cincinnati, OH; 1/24/2012--Toledo, OH; 6/5/2017--Pittsburgh, PA
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #6717
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

somebody on here said that pnc pavilion has no lawn... and wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverbend_Music_Center) said it has a capacity of 4,100...so i imagine it wont take long to sell out.. i really hope i get some tix sat... i just wonder why theyre so god damn expensive..
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #6718
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Cincy seating. I've just phoned the venue. The rep could only presume that pit and 100 section seats would be $81 with everything else being priced at the lower price point(s). She stressed many times that she could NOT confirm this, as if to wash her hands immediately of ANY responsibility. Have I mentioned that I HATE the ticket buying bullshit? It's the biggest smoke and mirrors racket, right next to buying fucking gemstones. It's one thing to be asked to pay $80+fees. But to top it off, they won't even tell you what you can GET for $80.

Rant over, sorry. The answer the gal COULD give me was that the PIT area is one standing room section with no seats. Not divided into three sections, like the seating chart would lead one to believe. So I'll be shooting for a spot in the PIT, with section 101 being my second choice.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #6719
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

oh, dont forget the $3.50 added on for parking so pit and lower tix will now be $85
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #6720

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420scooter View Post
Good questions. I have been to Riverbend Ampitheater before, which is apparently at the same location, but this is a new ampitheater without a lawn?! I have not been to a show at PNC yet (or any lawn-less ampitheater for that matter). I would guess, and keep in mind I am guessing, that the pit and the first sections(100, 101, 102) would be 81.50 (before fees!...really Tool?) and everything else the lower price. I'm hoping someone can help us out that has been to the venue and/or purchased tickets at this venue before. Anyone...? How quick do we think this show will sell out?

@ riverbend.org, it looks as if there is a lawn, all the way behind the covered Amphitheater seating chart. I don't know if the venues are the same or not... because:
On the PNC Gen. Rules section of pncpavilion.com, it states that all Pavilion seating is assigned. It mentions nothing about a lawn. Check out the photos of the venue; all assigned seating: pncpavilion.com/gallery.php

--The show is being played at PNC Pavilion, the website for seating charts is definitely @ pncpavilion.com/maps.php
One can always call the numbers listed for any additional Q's.
Also,
I'm very happy that guests can bring "Small cameras that are able to fit in a men's shirt pocket."

Last edited by egatimra; 06-17-2009 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: fix link + Added another
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: