Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
bellamadia's Avatar bellamadia
06-11-2007, 08:41 AM

5th Tool show for me and finally had 4th row seats which made this concert the most amazing of all!!!!

They seemed to be talking to eachother in secret hand signals during the show and to actually be able to see their faces was awesome! Adam is so statuesque when he plays and I never really noticed how fuckin' amazing Danny is until I actually was close enough to see him play. Crazy! I was REALLY hoping for Pushit, but regardless, the show rocked!

I stayed in AC the night before which makes me bummed that I didn't stay at Borogta since it seems they were hanging out there. Would've loved a picture as my happy place picture in my cubicle at work, lol.

Everytime Wings and 10,000 days makes me tear up a bit, yeah I know... wuss but whatever. I get into it... unlike some of the boring deadbeats around . Oh and the stupid hoes in front of me wearing dresses to a tool show. The were dancing like they were in a dance club and left in the middle of the show twice to get drinks. I'm sorry but people like that don't deserve 3rd row. I'm not even sure why they were there. Blah!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

5th Tool show for me and finally had 4th row seats which made this concert the most amazing of all!!!!

They seemed to be talking to eachother in secret hand signals during the show and to actually be able to see their faces was awesome! Adam is so statuesque when he plays and I never really noticed how fuckin' amazing Danny is until I actually was close enough to see him play. Crazy! I was REALLY hoping for Pushit, but regardless, the show rocked!

I stayed in AC the night before which makes me bummed that I didn't stay at Borogta since it seems they were hanging out there. Would've loved a picture as my happy place picture in my cubicle at work, lol.

Everytime Wings and 10,000 days makes me tear up a bit, yeah I know... wuss but whatever. I get into it... unlike some of the boring deadbeats around . Oh and the stupid hoes in front of me wearing dresses to a tool show. The were dancing like they were in a dance club and left in the middle of the show twice to get drinks. I'm sorry but people like that don't deserve 3rd row. I'm not even sure why they were there. Blah!
OFFLINE |  
ajcmixer
06-11-2007, 10:13 AM

Wow! 1st time to see Tool live & I was just blown away by everything. One of the most powerful concerts I've ever attended and I've seen a whole bunch of them over a whole bunch of years/decades. Truth be told, I had as much fun watching everyone around me (Floor Section 1, 11th row) so absolutely into it as I did hearing/seeing the show myself. One of the most intense experiences I've ever had live. Looking forward to Albany where I'll get a better view of the full production from our right-behind-the-floor seats and it should still be PLENTY loud back there!

Personal highlights: The Pot (was told it was rarely played & was ecstatic that my wish for it was realized live) and Wings for Marie/10,000 Days. I felt the emotions oozing off the stage during it.

Peace,
Alex
Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Wow! 1st time to see Tool live & I was just blown away by everything. One of the most powerful concerts I've ever attended and I've seen a whole bunch of them over a whole bunch of years/decades. Truth be told, I had as much fun watching everyone around me (Floor Section 1, 11th row) so absolutely into it as I did hearing/seeing the show myself. One of the most intense experiences I've ever had live. Looking forward to Albany where I'll get a better view of the full production from our right-behind-the-floor seats and it should still be PLENTY loud back there!

Personal highlights: The Pot (was told it was rarely played & was ecstatic that my wish for it was realized live) and Wings for Marie/10,000 Days. I felt the emotions oozing off the stage during it.

Peace,
Alex
OFFLINE |  
Curse1217's Avatar Curse1217
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM

This was my 4th time seeing Tool, the first one being about a year ago in Upper Darby. I won't go on the standard tirade about how they need to change up the setlist because we all know it just isn't going to happen on the 10k days tour.

Of the four shows I went to this one would probably be the least impressive, that is not to say it wasn't incredible. It's Tool, of course the show is going to be breathtaking but after seeing them a couple different times on the same tour one tends to get a little nitpicky.

Jambi was an awesome opener and sent shivers down my spine. The lighting during the talkbox section was so perfectly done. They way it slowly became more and less intense in rythym with adams drawn out string plucks was pure genius. And the whole time danny and justin are keeping that backround jam going to pulsing white light.

The main reason I think this show seemed a little less impressive than the other I attended was that Maynard showed a little less emotion than I'm used to. He skipped out on the high note in Vicarious to let the crowd sing it and in my opinion its just blasphemy. With any other band this is fine, but no one can come close to emulating Maynards voice. It was just sucha powerful point in the song and I felt it was only ruined by hearing the crowd sing it as oppossed to Maynard belting it out like he meant it.

I also wanted to make a comment on the extended Lateralus. A lot of people here had a very different opinion than me on this. I felt that it completely disrespected the integrity of the song. Lateralus is a work of genius rivaled by no other. Its pacing is so impecible that to disturb it in any way can only take away from it as a whole. Also, the Melt Bannana drummer wasnt even that good. Danney Carey blew him out of the water. I just can't undestand why you would invite a worse drummer to come out and try to go rounds with the best. I found myself waiting for the song to kick back in.

Sorry to sound so negative but I don't think we have too many Tool tours left and it wold be a shame if they went out this way (dissapointing so many fans who have waited years to hear Eulogy or Parabola or Prison Sex).

Oh yeah ONE MORE THING. FOURTY-THREE DOLLARS FOR A T-SHIRT! You have to be f*$%ing kidding me.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

This was my 4th time seeing Tool, the first one being about a year ago in Upper Darby. I won't go on the standard tirade about how they need to change up the setlist because we all know it just isn't going to happen on the 10k days tour.

Of the four shows I went to this one would probably be the least impressive, that is not to say it wasn't incredible. It's Tool, of course the show is going to be breathtaking but after seeing them a couple different times on the same tour one tends to get a little nitpicky.

Jambi was an awesome opener and sent shivers down my spine. The lighting during the talkbox section was so perfectly done. They way it slowly became more and less intense in rythym with adams drawn out string plucks was pure genius. And the whole time danny and justin are keeping that backround jam going to pulsing white light.

The main reason I think this show seemed a little less impressive than the other I attended was that Maynard showed a little less emotion than I'm used to. He skipped out on the high note in Vicarious to let the crowd sing it and in my opinion its just blasphemy. With any other band this is fine, but no one can come close to emulating Maynards voice. It was just sucha powerful point in the song and I felt it was only ruined by hearing the crowd sing it as oppossed to Maynard belting it out like he meant it.

I also wanted to make a comment on the extended Lateralus. A lot of people here had a very different opinion than me on this. I felt that it completely disrespected the integrity of the song. Lateralus is a work of genius rivaled by no other. Its pacing is so impecible that to disturb it in any way can only take away from it as a whole. Also, the Melt Bannana drummer wasnt even that good. Danney Carey blew him out of the water. I just can't undestand why you would invite a worse drummer to come out and try to go rounds with the best. I found myself waiting for the song to kick back in.

Sorry to sound so negative but I don't think we have too many Tool tours left and it wold be a shame if they went out this way (dissapointing so many fans who have waited years to hear Eulogy or Parabola or Prison Sex).

Oh yeah ONE MORE THING. FOURTY-THREE DOLLARS FOR A T-SHIRT! You have to be f*$%ing kidding me.
OFFLINE |  
armmar's Avatar armmar
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM

Not too much else to say, but this was an absolutely incredible show...And mad props to the guys in back of us on the floor who let my little brother stand on his chair during the show...You helped make his 13th brithday real special
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Not too much else to say, but this was an absolutely incredible show...And mad props to the guys in back of us on the floor who let my little brother stand on his chair during the show...You helped make his 13th brithday real special
OFFLINE |  
dice5199
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM

A review of the show can be found at this link...

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l...-7379645c.html
Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

A review of the show can be found at this link...

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l...-7379645c.html
06-11-2007, 11:03 PM

I do have to concede a little of my "awesome" review of the extended Lateralus because i somewhat agree with what Curse1217 said...

I DEFINITELY remember waiting for the song to kick back in when melt banana's drummer just kept banging on the drums... it started out cool and got sloppy.

still though, I had never heard that version before and can't expect everything to always be exactly perfect.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

I do have to concede a little of my "awesome" review of the extended Lateralus because i somewhat agree with what Curse1217 said...

I DEFINITELY remember waiting for the song to kick back in when melt banana's drummer just kept banging on the drums... it started out cool and got sloppy.

still though, I had never heard that version before and can't expect everything to always be exactly perfect.
OFFLINE |  
Mavrik21's Avatar Mavrik21
06-12-2007, 04:49 AM

My 20 somethingth show. We were 5th row back, just right of center stage, and like I told my friends....I learned alot during that show. We always talk about how amazing Danny's drum solos are, Adam's creativity and of course Maynard but little attention to Justin. We were able to watch some of Justin's contributions to their music. He is just as creative and using that bass like I've never seen or imagined. This group of musicians just might be the four most talented, creative people in the music industry that our generation will experience. Enjoy them while it lasts....and "With my feet upon the ground I lose myself, between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Last TOOL show in 2010 in Morrison, CO: Red Rocks

"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been."
Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

My 20 somethingth show. We were 5th row back, just right of center stage, and like I told my friends....I learned alot during that show. We always talk about how amazing Danny's drum solos are, Adam's creativity and of course Maynard but little attention to Justin. We were able to watch some of Justin's contributions to their music. He is just as creative and using that bass like I've never seen or imagined. This group of musicians just might be the four most talented, creative people in the music industry that our generation will experience. Enjoy them while it lasts....and "With my feet upon the ground I lose myself, between the sounds and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Last TOOL show in 2010 in Morrison, CO: Red Rocks

"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been."
OFFLINE |  
kirkhorse's Avatar kirkhorse
06-12-2007, 05:42 AM

Great show, great time. Except for the three fools in section 3, row 10, seat 7 or so.
Dancing like a jerkoff is funny at a rave or club, but not at a tool show. When your antics end up bothering the others around you, and you know it, please stop.
You're not cool because you know all the words, sing them, and make hand gestures to go along with the music.
You 3 know who you are. Congratulations for being the biggest assholes at the show.

Do you think the Borgata paid MJK to pump up their pasta?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 AM   #48
Level 2 - Poster

Great show, great time. Except for the three fools in section 3, row 10, seat 7 or so.
Dancing like a jerkoff is funny at a rave or club, but not at a tool show. When your antics end up bothering the others around you, and you know it, please stop.
You're not cool because you know all the words, sing them, and make hand gestures to go along with the music.
You 3 know who you are. Congratulations for being the biggest assholes at the show.

OFFLINE |  
EvilRusty's Avatar EvilRusty
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkhorse View Post

i saw those guys as well and i thought they may be the biggest douches I have ever seen! No exaggeration when I say they sang and acted out EVERY lyric, one even squatted when Maynard sang "...sh*t my bed again". Total asses.

That aside, this was my 7th Tool show since '91, and I have to say that this was the best performance I saw for the 10K Days tour. Wings 1 & 2 was flawless and powerful. Jambi was a great opener. Nice venue (F'n LOUD!) but the parking & traffic sucked!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkhorse View Post

i saw those guys as well and i thought they may be the biggest douches I have ever seen! No exaggeration when I say they sang and acted out EVERY lyric, one even squatted when Maynard sang "...sh*t my bed again". Total asses.

That aside, this was my 7th Tool show since '91, and I have to say that this was the best performance I saw for the 10K Days tour. Wings 1 & 2 was flawless and powerful. Jambi was a great opener. Nice venue (F'n LOUD!) but the parking & traffic sucked!!!!
OFFLINE |  
JerseyD
06-12-2007, 10:21 AM

Jersey being one of the more intense and loyal fan based states in the union, Tool ought to know better than to show up here and play the standard set list, with a library full of some of the greatest rock songs ever they could mix it up and make every show life altering. We saw it all before the last two times we paid all of that money to see them at the Tower and the Tweeter center. Pushit and Flood for Virginia and Baltimore, Fuck you. Next time you want to complain about your million-dollar pasta bloated belly and how sleepy you are make sure 14,000 fans aren't around to hear it. Plus the sound quality wasn’t that clear and I was in the last section of the floor. The visual and light show were great.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Jersey being one of the more intense and loyal fan based states in the union, Tool ought to know better than to show up here and play the standard set list, with a library full of some of the greatest rock songs ever they could mix it up and make every show life altering. We saw it all before the last two times we paid all of that money to see them at the Tower and the Tweeter center. Pushit and Flood for Virginia and Baltimore, Fuck you. Next time you want to complain about your million-dollar pasta bloated belly and how sleepy you are make sure 14,000 fans aren't around to hear it. Plus the sound quality wasn’t that clear and I was in the last section of the floor. The visual and light show were great.
OFFLINE |  
FlyerfanX
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Show was great. Highlights were Aenima, The Pot, 46 & 2, Lateralus. Pulled 10th row center seats at 5PM. Amazing.

MJK's speech was about eating at Ombra, the restaurant at the Borgata. Not oompah loompahs. I'm sure he sought this place out - 14,000 bottle wine cellar. Check out MJK's blog on winespectator.com - he's a food and wine aficionado.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #51
Level 2 - Poster

Show was great. Highlights were Aenima, The Pot, 46 & 2, Lateralus. Pulled 10th row center seats at 5PM. Amazing.

MJK's speech was about eating at Ombra, the restaurant at the Borgata. Not oompah loompahs. I'm sure he sought this place out - 14,000 bottle wine cellar. Check out MJK's blog on winespectator.com - he's a food and wine aficionado.
OFFLINE |  
TornDown
06-12-2007, 01:37 PM

I agree with all the people who have said it all before me. This show could have been so much better, with MD getting Flood I feel like I was ripped off. Yeah they don't owe me anything, but I've seen all of these songs atleast 4x before with the exception of Right in Two, which by the way sounded better in the Tower Theatre. The artwork and visuals are definately getting intenser though.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

I agree with all the people who have said it all before me. This show could have been so much better, with MD getting Flood I feel like I was ripped off. Yeah they don't owe me anything, but I've seen all of these songs atleast 4x before with the exception of Right in Two, which by the way sounded better in the Tower Theatre. The artwork and visuals are definately getting intenser though.
OFFLINE |  
cirkus's Avatar cirkus
06-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerfanX View Post

MJK's speech was about eating at Ombra, the restaurant at the Borgata. Not oompah loompahs.
He mentioned both:

After Jambi - "Next up, JERSEY!".
After Lateralus - "Oompah loompahs. We have oompah loompahs."
(Referencing the techs in white lab coats taking the Melt-Banana equipment off stage).
"I have a confession. Ever heard of that restaurant at the Borgata...Ombra? Its got the best fuckin' pasta in the world. And I just ate a whole bunch of it. I'm like pregnant...like Elvis pregnant. I might go to sleep right here. Fuckin' pasta coma. Only thing keeping me awake...JERSEY!".

Also (unrelated), they did NOT play the "Vicarious Jam" before Right in Two. They skipped it.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #53

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerfanX View Post

MJK's speech was about eating at Ombra, the restaurant at the Borgata. Not oompah loompahs.
He mentioned both:

After Jambi - "Next up, JERSEY!".
After Lateralus - "Oompah loompahs. We have oompah loompahs."
(Referencing the techs in white lab coats taking the Melt-Banana equipment off stage).
"I have a confession. Ever heard of that restaurant at the Borgata...Ombra? Its got the best fuckin' pasta in the world. And I just ate a whole bunch of it. I'm like pregnant...like Elvis pregnant. I might go to sleep right here. Fuckin' pasta coma. Only thing keeping me awake...JERSEY!".

Also (unrelated), they did NOT play the "Vicarious Jam" before Right in Two. They skipped it.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
CollectiveConscience's Avatar CollectiveConscience
06-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Jambi
Stink Fist
46 & 2
The Pot
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intention intro/ Right in Two
Wings 1 and 2
Lateralus (best baNana carey battle)
Vicarious

Best show ive seen so far for the 10,000 days tour. best maynard voice ever. Best Lateralus of my life. As always lazers and drugs. An extraordinary league of gentlemen, preforming a flawless encounter.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Stink Fist
46 & 2
The Pot
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intention intro/ Right in Two
Wings 1 and 2
Lateralus (best baNana carey battle)
Vicarious

Best show ive seen so far for the 10,000 days tour. best maynard voice ever. Best Lateralus of my life. As always lazers and drugs. An extraordinary league of gentlemen, preforming a flawless encounter.
OFFLINE |  
Aenima7988's Avatar Aenima7988
06-17-2007, 08:26 AM

japanese noise punk

honestly, it was sonic sars to me

tool was amazing though, fourth or fifth show and it was definitely the best
Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #55

Bincount™: 15

japanese noise punk

honestly, it was sonic sars to me

tool was amazing though, fourth or fifth show and it was definitely the best
OFFLINE |  
Selassie's Avatar Selassie
06-18-2007, 06:36 AM

Great show - Had a super sore throat that turned into 103 fever that next day. But besides that they fing rocked.

Venue beyond sucked where I sat in 110, . Ther was NO Room what so ever. Every other person had to “lean”forward so everyone could fit. . Standing was even more of a joke. I know now, If I ever attend this venue again to pass if I am offered seats in section 110 – 116. They sounded amazing but deff was my worst experience @ show due to the seating.
- The Almighty Kool Keith!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #56

Bincount™: 4

Great show - Had a super sore throat that turned into 103 fever that next day. But besides that they fing rocked.

Venue beyond sucked where I sat in 110, . Ther was NO Room what so ever. Every other person had to “lean”forward so everyone could fit. . Standing was even more of a joke. I know now, If I ever attend this venue again to pass if I am offered seats in section 110 – 116. They sounded amazing but deff was my worst experience @ show due to the seating.
- The Almighty Kool Keith!!!!
OFFLINE |  
antiks0715
06-18-2007, 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=Selassie;2005809]Great show - Had a super sore throat that turned into 103 fever that next day. But besides that they fing rocked.

holy crap i got really sick with a sore throat and shit later that night and next few days too.... dirty fuckin tool fans... awesome show tho
Old 06-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #57
Level 2 - Poster

[QUOTE=Selassie;2005809]Great show - Had a super sore throat that turned into 103 fever that next day. But besides that they fing rocked.

holy crap i got really sick with a sore throat and shit later that night and next few days too.... dirty fuckin tool fans... awesome show tho
OFFLINE |  
biff
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM

waaaaay late review....

22nd or 23rd Tool show and have to say that this was in the bottom half. If only because of MJK skipping the climax of Vicarious. I'd rather hear him croak it out than skip it entirely. I realize it is difficult (probably the most difficult line in the Tool catalog), but they should skip it if he's not going to bother to try...especially if it's the closer. I just now realized that this is the only real complaint about a Tool show I've had in the past 11 years. Not bad. Now, here's the second one. Lateralus is a perfect song, concise and to the point. The emotional message it conveys is a powerful one and needs nothing to be added to it. I'd rather they leave it alone.
Complaints done.

Forty-six and 2 was as good as ever.

Jambi is a scorching opener.

Danny's arm is fine.

They are the best band on the planet and they are ridiculously tight. When I say that this show is in the bottom half of Tool shows I've seen, that still puts this show ahead of 90% of all other bands.

Spiral out, and see you at PNC and in Reading.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

waaaaay late review....

22nd or 23rd Tool show and have to say that this was in the bottom half. If only because of MJK skipping the climax of Vicarious. I'd rather hear him croak it out than skip it entirely. I realize it is difficult (probably the most difficult line in the Tool catalog), but they should skip it if he's not going to bother to try...especially if it's the closer. I just now realized that this is the only real complaint about a Tool show I've had in the past 11 years. Not bad. Now, here's the second one. Lateralus is a perfect song, concise and to the point. The emotional message it conveys is a powerful one and needs nothing to be added to it. I'd rather they leave it alone.
Complaints done.

Forty-six and 2 was as good as ever.

Jambi is a scorching opener.

Danny's arm is fine.

They are the best band on the planet and they are ridiculously tight. When I say that this show is in the bottom half of Tool shows I've seen, that still puts this show ahead of 90% of all other bands.

Spiral out, and see you at PNC and in Reading.
OFFLINE |  
Sea of Lies
06-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddamnshitthebed View Post
I'm sorry... at the risk of being unpopular here, am I the only one that noticed how HORRIBLE Melt Banana's drummer was during Lateralus? He was consistently half a beat off from Danny's drumming and wrecked the whole solo spot. It seemed like towards the end, Danny was trying to drum louder and (maybe) someone turned the other dude's mics down? There were a few other people in my section on the floor that were booing and yelling shit during his solo... it was bad! Luckily, the boys were able to pull it back together and get the song back on track!
At last!! Everyone saying this one was awesome, lateralus blew them away bla bla blah...

Melt Banana's one of my favorite "new" bands (TOOL being my all-time fav).. but after seeing how they made Lateralus sound like shit.. well i don't know. The drummer was like if you had 2 songs playing at the same time, with one having nothing to do with the other...

I even thought Agata (guitar player for Melt Banana) would blow Adam away and this show was his chance... but all i got was some noise that interrupted a great song.

And yes, the drummer for MB's not the current one, they don't have right now and anyone that can help them plays on tour.. but you don't do that, you'd better say "i won't jam with Danny, i really suck" just for respect for the band you're opening for..

They just couldn't take the pressure i think...

Anyways great show.. nice scream from Maynard on stinkfist altough i was hoping to hear the extended version...
Old 06-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #59
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddamnshitthebed View Post
I'm sorry... at the risk of being unpopular here, am I the only one that noticed how HORRIBLE Melt Banana's drummer was during Lateralus? He was consistently half a beat off from Danny's drumming and wrecked the whole solo spot. It seemed like towards the end, Danny was trying to drum louder and (maybe) someone turned the other dude's mics down? There were a few other people in my section on the floor that were booing and yelling shit during his solo... it was bad! Luckily, the boys were able to pull it back together and get the song back on track!
At last!! Everyone saying this one was awesome, lateralus blew them away bla bla blah...

Melt Banana's one of my favorite "new" bands (TOOL being my all-time fav).. but after seeing how they made Lateralus sound like shit.. well i don't know. The drummer was like if you had 2 songs playing at the same time, with one having nothing to do with the other...

I even thought Agata (guitar player for Melt Banana) would blow Adam away and this show was his chance... but all i got was some noise that interrupted a great song.

And yes, the drummer for MB's not the current one, they don't have right now and anyone that can help them plays on tour.. but you don't do that, you'd better say "i won't jam with Danny, i really suck" just for respect for the band you're opening for..

They just couldn't take the pressure i think...

Anyways great show.. nice scream from Maynard on stinkfist altough i was hoping to hear the extended version...
OFFLINE |  
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM

Great show, still prefer when I saw them in DC last year though. Nothing to say more than what everyone has posted above.

A major highlight this time around was the visual display during "Right in Two". It showed a man and a woman wrapped around each other, entangled (not 69) in each other's bodies. Very fitting with the song. Makes me think the chorus IS "Cutting our love right in two."

If I recall correctly, Adam was spot-on with the talkbox solo as well.

I was in section 103 and the sound was good. The guitar was overpowering in the beginning but that was fixed. Vocals were only low during the Wings duo, but I'm pretty sure that was on purpose.

DTA = don't trust anyone

Last edited by Arkham Asylum; 07-12-2007 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: Right in Two
Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Great show, still prefer when I saw them in DC last year though. Nothing to say more than what everyone has posted above.

A major highlight this time around was the visual display during "Right in Two". It showed a man and a woman wrapped around each other, entangled (not 69) in each other's bodies. Very fitting with the song. Makes me think the chorus IS "Cutting our love right in two."

If I recall correctly, Adam was spot-on with the talkbox solo as well.

I was in section 103 and the sound was good. The guitar was overpowering in the beginning but that was fixed. Vocals were only low during the Wings duo, but I'm pretty sure that was on purpose.

DTA = don't trust anyone

Last edited by Arkham Asylum; 07-12-2007 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: Right in Two
OFFLINE |  
ewyoureicky
07-17-2007, 11:06 AM

realllly reallllly late. sorry. i expected to have a better time at this concert than the one i went to last year at the tweeter because i had floor seats. 15th row. but all i got was some stiff next to me who got pissed and threatened me every time i would even brush against him (i finally got security to move me up to the third row which was very nice of them). anyway, the set was pretty good. no complaints. and yeah, this is the 10,000 days tour, but i'm sure a lot of fans like me expected some old songs.
hm.
melt banana sucked in my opinion. my aunt had this theory that some guy in japan probably just grouped up the best looking japanese kids, threw them together and gave them instruments with no instruction.
the lasers and lights were amazing, of course.
maynards vocals were great to me. and of course, adam was fucking amazing. danny's solos were fucking mind-blowing. and justin was just rockin' out and kickin' ass as usual.

i have to say, i liked the show at the tweeter better, but this one wasn't too shabby. but please, don't use the boardwalk hall as a venue again.

peace.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

realllly reallllly late. sorry. i expected to have a better time at this concert than the one i went to last year at the tweeter because i had floor seats. 15th row. but all i got was some stiff next to me who got pissed and threatened me every time i would even brush against him (i finally got security to move me up to the third row which was very nice of them). anyway, the set was pretty good. no complaints. and yeah, this is the 10,000 days tour, but i'm sure a lot of fans like me expected some old songs.
hm.
melt banana sucked in my opinion. my aunt had this theory that some guy in japan probably just grouped up the best looking japanese kids, threw them together and gave them instruments with no instruction.
the lasers and lights were amazing, of course.
maynards vocals were great to me. and of course, adam was fucking amazing. danny's solos were fucking mind-blowing. and justin was just rockin' out and kickin' ass as usual.

i have to say, i liked the show at the tweeter better, but this one wasn't too shabby. but please, don't use the boardwalk hall as a venue again.

peace.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply