Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
revolution9's Avatar revolution9
07-18-2007, 12:00 PM

I only put 'new' in parenthesis because i technically posted the live bootleg of it a little while back (and to the dismay of my bandmates.. oh well!) ... But the official studio cut of Cleopatra should be up on our myspace if anyone is interested in giving it a listen. It's chock-full of strange time signatures and poly-meters for those of you interested in those sorts of things.

As always, any feedback is welcome!

http://myspace.com/dilationband
Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
"new" song up..

I only put 'new' in parenthesis because i technically posted the live bootleg of it a little while back (and to the dismay of my bandmates.. oh well!) ... But the official studio cut of Cleopatra should be up on our myspace if anyone is interested in giving it a listen. It's chock-full of strange time signatures and poly-meters for those of you interested in those sorts of things.

As always, any feedback is welcome!

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
07-18-2007, 04:22 PM

I've been waiting for this. Oh man. It rules!

www.myspace.com/dilationband
Old 07-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282
Re: "new" song up..

I've been waiting for this. Oh man. It rules!

www.myspace.com/dilationband
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM

You guys sound good, I like the tune.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

You guys sound good, I like the tune.
07-18-2007, 05:45 PM

Appreciate it, Lotus!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #4

Appreciate it, Lotus!

07-18-2007, 06:31 PM

And thanks again, Es! I didn't realize i forgot to put the myspace link in the message. Good catch.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #5

And thanks again, Es! I didn't realize i forgot to put the myspace link in the message. Good catch.

remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
07-19-2007, 08:36 AM

I like this, a lot. It's in my itunes library. do you guys have any album artwork that I can add so it doesn't show that stupid musical note on itunes?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583

I like this, a lot. It's in my itunes library. do you guys have any album artwork that I can add so it doesn't show that stupid musical note on itunes?
07-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Hey remember_forgive, thanks! Yeah, we have some art floating around here somewhere. Give me a little bit and i'll post a photobucket link up here so you can download it.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #7

Hey remember_forgive, thanks! Yeah, we have some art floating around here somewhere. Give me a little bit and i'll post a photobucket link up here so you can download it.

base metal's Avatar base metal
07-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Pretty cool stuff, it's interesting. I like your sound.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Pretty cool stuff, it's interesting. I like your sound.
07-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks aronman!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #9

Thanks aronman!

Akasha's Avatar Akasha
07-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Sounds sik.

Maranello has heavy 'Tools - No Quarter' influence i can hear, especially in the guitar. But overall, sounds very No Quarter influenced (tools version). Very cool tho! Good Work. Liking the new trak too!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29

Sounds sik.

Maranello has heavy 'Tools - No Quarter' influence i can hear, especially in the guitar. But overall, sounds very No Quarter influenced (tools version). Very cool tho! Good Work. Liking the new trak too!
07-20-2007, 05:13 AM

RE: Maranello - Yeah, we've been told it sounds like 'No Quarter' before. But hell, 'No Quarter' is a sick song and we'd be happy to have that comparison any day! Thanks for checking us out!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:13 AM   #11

RE: Maranello - Yeah, we've been told it sounds like 'No Quarter' before. But hell, 'No Quarter' is a sick song and we'd be happy to have that comparison any day! Thanks for checking us out!

Akasha's Avatar Akasha
07-20-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution9 View Post
I agree, but what i mean is, no offence, it sounds like the guitar riff is based on that, including the slow drumming, seems VERY no quarter influenced, note wise, rhythm wise etc etc. The riff sounds like its just a longer, more draw out version (holds, rests etc). I like it, but it sounds too no quarterish for me to be able to give it "originality" credit. As id said, take no offence to this, use it as constructive criticism.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:03 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I agree, but what i mean is, no offence, it sounds like the guitar riff is based on that, including the slow drumming, seems VERY no quarter influenced, note wise, rhythm wise etc etc. The riff sounds like its just a longer, more draw out version (holds, rests etc). I like it, but it sounds too no quarterish for me to be able to give it "originality" credit. As id said, take no offence to this, use it as constructive criticism.
07-20-2007, 06:39 AM

Hey man. No offense taken. Don't stress it. Inspiration can come from lotsa places. I can honestly say we didn't literally attempt to rip-off 'no quarter', but if it was in the back of our minds somewhere influencing us, so be it. I still appreciate the comment, akasha.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 AM   #13

Hey man. No offense taken. Don't stress it. Inspiration can come from lotsa places. I can honestly say we didn't literally attempt to rip-off 'no quarter', but if it was in the back of our minds somewhere influencing us, so be it. I still appreciate the comment, akasha.

Akasha's Avatar Akasha
07-20-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Cool, im glad u can take crit constructively, some people on here take things so personally if ANYONE says ANYTHING remotely negative about their work. I like the song, its really awesome, but yeh just thought id mention the no quarter thing. Keep up the good tunes!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Cool, im glad u can take crit constructively, some people on here take things so personally if ANYONE says ANYTHING remotely negative about their work. I like the song, its really awesome, but yeh just thought id mention the no quarter thing. Keep up the good tunes!
Stoned Immaculate's Avatar Stoned Immaculate
07-21-2007, 05:16 PM

If you ever come to Florida you can play at my house. I'm really digging your music. My friend and I play a similar style to your band.

And yeah, the first time I heard that song I immediatly thought "No Quarter...." but as it progresses it doesn't sound like it all.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901

If you ever come to Florida you can play at my house. I'm really digging your music. My friend and I play a similar style to your band.

And yeah, the first time I heard that song I immediatly thought "No Quarter...." but as it progresses it doesn't sound like it all.
thepot06's Avatar thepot06
08-11-2007, 06:07 PM

beautiful composition and arrangment i luv it dark playin has so much more feel and passion and thats why im always captivated by music like yours keep jammin brother u guys need to come to central pa. Harrisburg Pa to b exact i know this great place thats called the Appalachin Brewing Company awesome stage nice PA system and plenty of great beer u should definetly try to get set up there one nite. or send me a demo and ill work my ass off trying to get u guys a gig there. seriously im dead serious. peace brother
Old 08-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

beautiful composition and arrangment i luv it dark playin has so much more feel and passion and thats why im always captivated by music like yours keep jammin brother u guys need to come to central pa. Harrisburg Pa to b exact i know this great place thats called the Appalachin Brewing Company awesome stage nice PA system and plenty of great beer u should definetly try to get set up there one nite. or send me a demo and ill work my ass off trying to get u guys a gig there. seriously im dead serious. peace brother
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM

bumps for great music
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #17

bumps for great music
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM

hey i enjoyed your music.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

hey i enjoyed your music.
08-14-2007, 12:36 PM

Thanks, choke.

*** Just so you know (and anyone else interested for that matter), we have decided to take the plunge and put down some serious money for a serious recording. We hope to hit up Trax East recording studio in central Jersey sometime early next year. For those of you in the know, Trax has been the spot for many major-label band recordings and will undoubtedly give a us a phenomenal sounding record. Wish us luck (and money).

Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #19

Thanks, choke.

*** Just so you know (and anyone else interested for that matter), we have decided to take the plunge and put down some serious money for a serious recording. We hope to hit up Trax East recording studio in central Jersey sometime early next year. For those of you in the know, Trax has been the spot for many major-label band recordings and will undoubtedly give a us a phenomenal sounding record. Wish us luck (and money).

08-14-2007, 04:38 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope everything works out real well! Wishes you the best of luck both financially and with the record deal!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #20

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope everything works out real well! Wishes you the best of luck both financially and with the record deal!
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM

New songs sounds very good, and it's a top idea getting a better quality recording. You've got some solid songs to work on and if your new track is anything to go on there's more goodness to come.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318

New songs sounds very good, and it's a top idea getting a better quality recording. You've got some solid songs to work on and if your new track is anything to go on there's more goodness to come.
08-22-2007, 05:29 AM

Thanks Elgyn, and i really liked what you did with that video! I think 'Feel Now What You Felt Then' accompanied quite nicely. Glad we could have assisted you.

On a separate note, Dilation has been reviewed by http://www.TheSilentBallet.com!! This is a very reputable source of information on all that is modern instrumental music, and apparently they are digging us as well! Needless to say, we are rather psyched!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 AM   #22

Thanks Elgyn, and i really liked what you did with that video! I think 'Feel Now What You Felt Then' accompanied quite nicely. Glad we could have assisted you.

On a separate note, Dilation has been reviewed by http://www.TheSilentBallet.com!! This is a very reputable source of information on all that is modern instrumental music, and apparently they are digging us as well! Needless to say, we are rather psyched!

08-22-2007, 06:34 AM

Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #23

08-22-2007, 07:01 AM

Thanks, Es. Didn't think about that!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #24

Thanks, Es. Didn't think about that!

Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM

gratz dude, silent ballet is well regarded
Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #25
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318

gratz dude, silent ballet is well regarded
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM

pretty good.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

pretty good.
08-23-2007, 04:57 AM

Thanks, Krazy!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:57 AM   #27

Thanks, Krazy!

09-15-2007, 06:52 AM

REVOLUTION

checkin' in to see how things are goin'
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #28

REVOLUTION

checkin' in to see how things are goin'
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM

will this remain instrumental?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

will this remain instrumental?
09-18-2007, 05:31 AM

Hey Jawknee... yes, this will most definitely remain instrumental. We went down the singer route once already and that was enough. Besides, the world needs more soundtracks.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #30

Hey Jawknee... yes, this will most definitely remain instrumental. We went down the singer route once already and that was enough. Besides, the world needs more soundtracks.

hemiola's Avatar hemiola
09-22-2007, 03:13 PM

I would pay money for this. I think that's the best compliment you can get in this day and age.

You guys rock. Best of luck to you.

Fear not, there are people in this world who like to consume instrumental music.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #31

Bincount™: 20

I would pay money for this. I think that's the best compliment you can get in this day and age.

You guys rock. Best of luck to you.

Fear not, there are people in this world who like to consume instrumental music.
Jungmamr's Avatar Jungmamr
09-22-2007, 04:41 PM

the right vocals for this could only add to it. don't give up on vocals completely right now.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

the right vocals for this could only add to it. don't give up on vocals completely right now.
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Thanks hemiola, that is definitely a great compliment. If you have a myspace page, by all means join the family.

And jungmamr, i know what you mean. It's not that we are completely turned off by the idea of having vocals, but we're certainly not looking for them either. The members of my band are all huge fans of instrumental music and that's really the route that we've been enjoying going down. Still, though, thank you for taking a listen.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #33

Thanks hemiola, that is definitely a great compliment. If you have a myspace page, by all means join the family.

And jungmamr, i know what you mean. It's not that we are completely turned off by the idea of having vocals, but we're certainly not looking for them either. The members of my band are all huge fans of instrumental music and that's really the route that we've been enjoying going down. Still, though, thank you for taking a listen.

jaw knee's Avatar jaw knee
09-24-2007, 04:41 AM

Quote:

thats still cool. good intrumental bands make me happy. i might mess around with your stuff on my own time. i can hear alot of good melody coming through. not planning on stealing it or anything like that, just wanna to jam on it vocally.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

thats still cool. good intrumental bands make me happy. i might mess around with your stuff on my own time. i can hear alot of good melody coming through. not planning on stealing it or anything like that, just wanna to jam on it vocally.
09-24-2007, 04:43 AM

I'd be down for hearing that, jawknee. Feel free.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #35

I'd be down for hearing that, jawknee. Feel free.

steluta
09-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Hi all
Welcome to the cheapest discount cigarettes store ever. You can find here all the brands at a low price. Online cigarettes, cheap smokes. http://www.all-cigarettes-brands.com , http://www.cheap-cigarettes-brands.com , http://www.smoker-heaven.com http://www.the-cheapest-cigarettes.com , http://www.best-buy-cigarettes.com , http://www.smoke-discount-cigarettes.com
Cheap Drugs Online, the best online drug store with high quality products. Visit our online shop and you will not be disappointed. http://www.all-drugs-online.com , http://www.viagra-vitamins.com , http://www.medoutlet.net http://www.pharmawholesaler.com
Our online cigarettes shop is the best choice for smokers.. You can find here Marlboro, Camel, Kent and other brands at a lowest price. Online discount cigarettes. http://www.cigbrand.com ,
http://www.cigarettes-market.com , http://www.smoke4sale.com , http://www.topcigshop.com
You can buy best cigarettes online now!!! Discount Marlboro, Davidoff, Parliament and other premium and generic brands from Europe at our Eshop only. Cheap cigarettes prices. http://www.topcigarettesonline.com , http://www.salecigarettesonline.com , http://www.shop-smoke.com , http://www.shop-cigarette.com
Cheap cigarettes from Europe!!! Visit our online cigarettes shop to order all the famous brands: Marlboro, Camel, Chesterfield, Kent at discount. Cheap prices, best quality you always imagined. Buy now and you will win!!!
http://www.cigarettes-blog.com , http://www.buy-euro-cigarettes.com , http://www.discount-euro-cigarettes.com
Buy the best cheapest cigarettes online. You can purchase all the famous European brands at discount: Marlboro, Camel, Chesterfield, Kent. Make your choice to buy the best: http://www.all4smokers.net , http://www.smokingbrands4sale.com, http://www.marlboro4sale.net http://www.on-line-cigarettes.com
Cheap best Steroids Online, the best online store offers all the medicines for bodybuilding. Be nice and healthy with high quality products. Visit our online shop and you will not be disappointed. http://www.medoutlet.net , http://www.fitnessmed.net http://www.pharmasport.org
Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #36
Banned.

Hi all
Welcome to the cheapest discount cigarettes store ever. You can find here all the brands at a low price. Online cigarettes, cheap smokes. http://www.all-cigarettes-brands.com , http://www.cheap-cigarettes-brands.com , http://www.smoker-heaven.com http://www.the-cheapest-cigarettes.com , http://www.best-buy-cigarettes.com , http://www.smoke-discount-cigarettes.com
Cheap Drugs Online, the best online drug store with high quality products. Visit our online shop and you will not be disappointed. http://www.all-drugs-online.com , http://www.viagra-vitamins.com , http://www.medoutlet.net http://www.pharmawholesaler.com
Our online cigarettes shop is the best choice for smokers.. You can find here Marlboro, Camel, Kent and other brands at a lowest price. Online discount cigarettes. http://www.cigbrand.com ,
http://www.cigarettes-market.com , http://www.smoke4sale.com , http://www.topcigshop.com
You can buy best cigarettes online now!!! Discount Marlboro, Davidoff, Parliament and other premium and generic brands from Europe at our Eshop only. Cheap cigarettes prices. http://www.topcigarettesonline.com , http://www.salecigarettesonline.com , http://www.shop-smoke.com , http://www.shop-cigarette.com
Cheap cigarettes from Europe!!! Visit our online cigarettes shop to order all the famous brands: Marlboro, Camel, Chesterfield, Kent at discount. Cheap prices, best quality you always imagined. Buy now and you will win!!!
http://www.cigarettes-blog.com , http://www.buy-euro-cigarettes.com , http://www.discount-euro-cigarettes.com
Buy the best cheapest cigarettes online. You can purchase all the famous European brands at discount: Marlboro, Camel, Chesterfield, Kent. Make your choice to buy the best: http://www.all4smokers.net , http://www.smokingbrands4sale.com, http://www.marlboro4sale.net http://www.on-line-cigarettes.com
Cheap best Steroids Online, the best online store offers all the medicines for bodybuilding. Be nice and healthy with high quality products. Visit our online shop and you will not be disappointed. http://www.medoutlet.net , http://www.fitnessmed.net http://www.pharmasport.org
09-27-2007, 05:33 AM

Someone needs a ban. Seriously, WTF? This place was spam-free for so long..

Old 09-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #37

Someone needs a ban. Seriously, WTF? This place was spam-free for so long..

Stoned Immaculate's Avatar Stoned Immaculate
10-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Yeah I really want to hear some of that new recording - esp on Cleopatra...the drums sound pretty flat on that MySpace version.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #38
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901

Yeah I really want to hear some of that new recording - esp on Cleopatra...the drums sound pretty flat on that MySpace version.
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM

added.

I really liked what I heard. good stuff there.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #39
catsup or ketchup?

Bincount™: 7213

added.

I really liked what I heard. good stuff there.
Saiyu
10-07-2007, 05:47 PM

That is some great stuff you guys have there, revolution9. A vocalist could be a nice addition, but I don't even think one is needed. In any case, keep up the fantastic work.

6.13.07 - Winston-Salem, NC
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

That is some great stuff you guys have there, revolution9. A vocalist could be a nice addition, but I don't even think one is needed. In any case, keep up the fantastic work.

6.13.07 - Winston-Salem, NC

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply