Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
Spoon's Avatar Spoon
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIX
What do you think of these pedals?

I like smaller necks too, but sometimes those Mustangs just feel like toys. Strat necks are perfect size, for me at least.
First of all, great avatar.

Secondy, the EH Small Clone is a great chorus and the Small Stone is a great phaser. I like them better than their Boss equivalents. If you can find yourself a cheap used one I say go for it. Great thing about used FX boxes, you can buy em, use em, and sell em for pretty much what you paid for em.

Strats have a 25.5" scale, LPs are 24.75". I find Strats a little big, though I do have a Strat project on the go, it probably stems from my love of Hendrix but hey they're not bad...
Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50
Re: Post Your Instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIX
What do you think of these pedals?

I like smaller necks too, but sometimes those Mustangs just feel like toys. Strat necks are perfect size, for me at least.
First of all, great avatar.

Secondy, the EH Small Clone is a great chorus and the Small Stone is a great phaser. I like them better than their Boss equivalents. If you can find yourself a cheap used one I say go for it. Great thing about used FX boxes, you can buy em, use em, and sell em for pretty much what you paid for em.

Strats have a 25.5" scale, LPs are 24.75". I find Strats a little big, though I do have a Strat project on the go, it probably stems from my love of Hendrix but hey they're not bad...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
thirdseason17's Avatar thirdseason17
10-20-2005, 06:24 PM

1. A great strat costs anywhere from 500$ to 2000$ I would say. A great LP costs 2000$+

2. What? Most strats only use single coils, which usually don't produce a hot enough output to even get feedback. I only get feedback with the humbucker on my Strat, which as you know are the type of pups that LPs use. If you're talking about the hum or buzz from strats, its easily remedied if you basically turn off any tvs or computer screens nearby.

3. Haha. You're kidding right? LPs are heavy as shit, and I for one would not want to gig a long time time with one.

4. Yep.

5. Well, to each his own then.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #42
On Probation

Bincount™: 1146

1. A great strat costs anywhere from 500$ to 2000$ I would say. A great LP costs 2000$+

2. What? Most strats only use single coils, which usually don't produce a hot enough output to even get feedback. I only get feedback with the humbucker on my Strat, which as you know are the type of pups that LPs use. If you're talking about the hum or buzz from strats, its easily remedied if you basically turn off any tvs or computer screens nearby.

3. Haha. You're kidding right? LPs are heavy as shit, and I for one would not want to gig a long time time with one.

4. Yep.

5. Well, to each his own then.
OftenLost's Avatar OftenLost
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Instruments:
A Dean bass, it's ok
Roland DB500 bass amp
Huge ass digital piano
Some Shecter guitar
Some acoustic guitar, nothing fancy
4/4 Cello

Recording shit
4 channel headphone amp
Pair of KRK RP8 monitors
Sony MDR 7506 headphones
SKB rack
Art Pro VLA (compressor)
Presonus Firepod
Furman Power conditioner

Mics:
2 Rode NT5
2 SM57s
1 Beta 52
1 AT 4047

I may be forgetting stuff, not sure. I'll post a picture sometime whenever it's convienent to take one.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 703

Instruments:
A Dean bass, it's ok
Roland DB500 bass amp
Huge ass digital piano
Some Shecter guitar
Some acoustic guitar, nothing fancy
4/4 Cello

Recording shit
4 channel headphone amp
Pair of KRK RP8 monitors
Sony MDR 7506 headphones
SKB rack
Art Pro VLA (compressor)
Presonus Firepod
Furman Power conditioner

Mics:
2 Rode NT5
2 SM57s
1 Beta 52
1 AT 4047

I may be forgetting stuff, not sure. I'll post a picture sometime whenever it's convienent to take one.
jakesstuff_69's Avatar jakesstuff_69
10-21-2005, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdseason17

Every time I pick up a strat and play at high sound levels, they produce a squealing feedback, that probably combined with distortion though.

I don't have a problem with the weight, i have jammed for 4 or 5 hours before and my arms and legs get tired before my back. the problem isn't weight, but sometimes the size, I have played on some bulky LPs that make playing on them a little more difficult, especially when moving.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #44
Ski Free

Bincount™: 1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdseason17

Every time I pick up a strat and play at high sound levels, they produce a squealing feedback, that probably combined with distortion though.

I don't have a problem with the weight, i have jammed for 4 or 5 hours before and my arms and legs get tired before my back. the problem isn't weight, but sometimes the size, I have played on some bulky LPs that make playing on them a little more difficult, especially when moving.
TheSnakeBehindYou
10-21-2005, 02:11 PM

(http://images.misupply.com/products...nez/GAX70TR.jpg

^^ one of those and

http://www.losalamossound.com/images.../StellarGr.JPG

^^ one of those and some shitty guitar i bought at walmart just to start...i like it though

Pedals: Digitech RP80 and Boss DS2
Old 10-21-2005, 02:11 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

(http://images.misupply.com/products...nez/GAX70TR.jpg

^^ one of those and

http://www.losalamossound.com/images.../StellarGr.JPG

^^ one of those and some shitty guitar i bought at walmart just to start...i like it though

Pedals: Digitech RP80 and Boss DS2
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM

Ibanez 5-string Soungear bass; Ibanez EX 370 guitar; Digitech BP80 pedal, Laney amp; hugeass brandless amp.

Flame if you want but both guitar and bass were gotten off of ebay and were therefore relatively inexpensive.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #46
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Ibanez 5-string Soungear bass; Ibanez EX 370 guitar; Digitech BP80 pedal, Laney amp; hugeass brandless amp.

Flame if you want but both guitar and bass were gotten off of ebay and were therefore relatively inexpensive.
10-21-2005, 06:41 PM

Hey Spoon, what do you think of modelling amps? VOX in particular. It seems like the only thing missing from your (sweet) setup...
Old 10-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Hey Spoon, what do you think of modelling amps? VOX in particular. It seems like the only thing missing from your (sweet) setup...
Chaos Theory's Avatar Chaos Theory
10-22-2005, 07:18 AM

Just got me a Boss Fuzz pedal... now I can play Be Quiet and Drive like Stef can.

Anyone care to suggest a good recording setup for my guitar?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:18 AM   #48
Banned.

Bincount™: 295

Just got me a Boss Fuzz pedal... now I can play Be Quiet and Drive like Stef can.

Anyone care to suggest a good recording setup for my guitar?
thirdseason17's Avatar thirdseason17
10-22-2005, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia

I'm not spoon but...

The Vox tube modelling amps are pretty good actually. But solid state modelling amps, like my Spider2, suck ass.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:35 AM   #49
On Probation

Bincount™: 1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia

I'm not spoon but...

The Vox tube modelling amps are pretty good actually. But solid state modelling amps, like my Spider2, suck ass.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply