opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 08-25-2003, 03:49 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 60
shroom inspired art

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:50 AM   #2
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Whoa!

This kind of art never gets my attention, but I think this work is amazing.
The colours, the shapes, the figures, it's insane.

P.S. Is that a woman in the middle of this masterpiece?!
I really can see the shape of a woman, head up (sideways), hairs straight to the right (like it flows along with the wind), arms besides her body, legs crossed... Anyone sees this?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
Banned.

Thank you. It is a woman if you want it to be, cause this sort of art work is fairly non specific when I do it. What happens happens, if you get my drift.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318
This I like.
The first thing I really noticed were the pipes in the bottom left corner, mostly because they're clearly identifiable, and have a hint of perspective going for them.

Perhaps I'm influenced by what Windir said, but when I looked I also saw a Woman, except I see the arms above her head, rather than by her side. I see the legs crossed though.

I've got a question for you, if you don't mind me asking. Did you draw/paint this while you were tripping on shroomz?

I think without the darkened areas this would be too chaotic to handle, and wouldn't have any clear purpose, but although it is highly abstract, with these dark areas it gives it shape and depth.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
Banned.

It was inspired by a closed eye visual, and done at another time. I've never done anything while under the influence... thought I should, having a specifc reference would be nice.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:00 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318
I've had no experience with shrooms, so I don't know if its possible to actually draw or anything. Forgive my ignorance if I offend.
It looks like you put a lot of time in to colouring it in, I noticed some fairly intricate colour gradients. Good stuff anyway.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:24 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Thats damn good. The contrast between colors is awesome and draws you in. The way that it flows, and turns around creates movement. I love the repitition of shapes and colors. Very abstact. Very good. Yeah for shrooms!
~Jenn
Old 09-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
HOLY CRAP
IT'S THE OLIVIA TREMOR CONTROL!
That looks just like William Cullen Hart's type of drawings ( http://www.cloudrecordings.com/gallery/index.html ), except instead of distinct shapes you seem to have added an extreme amount of dimention to it, and how subtle all of the dimention is on it... it's amazing.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: