opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 08-12-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
...F*ck your tattoos...

So who has them? Got pics? I only have one, currently, and am trying to figure out a workable design for a moon symbol.

Here's a pic of my left shoulder tat.

The design I have for my moon is here but it's not workable due to the size and the ink bleed where the lines meet in points. So I'll have choose a new design = P
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 430
Metatron's Cube = t3h win!
Old 08-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 277
Re: ...F*ck your tattoos...

I could only see the moon....????
Old 08-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedc33
I could only see the moon....????
really? Hmmm. Metranon's Cube is inset between the crescents. Since that can't be done without enlarging the size of the tat I'm considering something like this.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:31 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantobourne
really? Hmmm. Metranon's Cube is inset between the crescents. Since that can't be done without enlarging the size of the tat I'm considering something like this.

Sorry, I mean I coudn't see the tatoo....wooo, it's hard to type right now, *wink wink*
Old 08-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedc33
Sorry, I mean I coudn't see the tatoo....wooo, it's hard to type right now, *wink wink*
Hmmm try this one

*nudge nudge* say no more, say no more
Old 08-12-2003, 05:38 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantobourne
Hmmm try this one

*nudge nudge* say no more, say no more
YES!

Nice...( ;D
Old 08-12-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35
i juss got one last week on my birthday, ill post a pic when its healed.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:11 PM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
Damn, I just couldn't resist this thread. I'm turning 18 in less than two months and I figured I'd live a little and get a tattoo. I have a great idea, but I've yet to get the whole concept on paper. I will soon though.

Here's what I want to do. It's also a geometric theme.

I want a large nine-pointed star on my back (see below)
http://www.sacredspiral.com/Database/symbol/9star2.html

I'm not sure about this part, but I was thinking I'd like to use the logarithmic spiral. I'm not sure where it would go though. I have this great pic of a spiral originating from a triangle (see attachment) but I'm not sure if I could find a way to integrate that into the 9 pointed star concept. Maybe it would go somewhere totaly different, but if that were the case, I would wait much longer. And I may wait longer anyways and just settle with the star for now. But I just love the way the nine-pointed star looks and the multiple meanings behind it.

Just now looking around I found this really cool triangle/spiral concept. I wish I could find the other one I found, but I kinda like this one more. I'm not sure how I'd make the two concepts fit though. If that's even possible.
http://www.intent.com/sg/golden_triangle_log_spiral.gif

And Tant...WOW! I love that tattoo. That is probably the coolest tattoo I've seen. It's not over done, but it's still elaborate and detailed, but not too much. Man, I love it. When did you get that?
Old 08-13-2003, 02:11 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign3
And Tant...WOW! I love that tattoo. That is probably the coolest tattoo I've seen. It's not over done, but it's still elaborate and detailed, but not too much. Man, I love it. When did you get that?
Well, I buckled down and got the other. I haven't had a chance to dwell on it much. I'm not convinced about the shading on the crescents but you know what? It's too late.

Here's what tonight brought me.

Either way, I've accomplished my petty goals for the summer. I got my sun, I got my moon. The moon has the Daath symbol from the tree of life, which, after I read up on it, fit me to a T...well as much as an astrological reading would. In my mind I can move on to something else, now.

As far as the nine pointed star, that'd be cool. When to get a tat? Hell, do it when it feels right. I've toyed with the idea since I was a teenager and just this year finally decided on something that I could live with. I toyed with the spiral, too. I think with some good thought and design you could work up a good tat and even incorporate the star into it.

I pulled the moon design out of my ass, starting with just the crescent. I mirrored it and thought it looked decent. My co-worker thought it look satanic and wanted to know if it was inked in the blood of a virgin. Great. I can tell what I should expect from most people if they see it.

I'd thought of a back piece with two snakes spiraling up the spinal cord and then twisting and parting at the nape of the neck to spread out onto each shoulder blade. What would be really cool is if the design started out as skeletal from the base of the back and morphed into actual snakes as it progressed upwards. Between the parted heads would be some uniting symbol. I think I'll keep my tats to just these two, though.

My tats are nowhere near the masterpieces that are out there but then again I wasn't having them done to compete with others, I was having them done to mirror some feelings in me about my perspective on life.

Friends have asked me the, "Well what does it mean?" question and I've just laughed and said I haven't made up a good story, yet.

The flower of life...well, it's just that, juxtaposed with the flames of the sun, a source of life.

The moon crescents fall into the realm of Tool's reflection song. It's the balance to the sun and the Daath symbol with, from light reading, is a point where light and dark meet. Where unformed creativity emerges: the great dark waters of the void. It is also considered a 'gateway' of sorts to the dark side of the tree of life.

Pulled from a random google, Colin Lowe writes, "In early Kabbalah Daath was a symbol of the union of Wisdom (Chokhmah) and Understanding (Binah). " Two things which I don't profess to have but strive towards. More drivel about Daath can be read here

So ultimately, the tattoos are symbolic reminders of me, ala the movie Memento. To me, ideally, the two act as a tuning fork that draws the center of my whismied being into my much sough one resonance. Of course, the final thing is that I've branded myself with ignorance for all to see. Odd as that might sound, I don't mind.

-MeEp

Last edited by Tantobourne; 08-13-2003 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
edit: meant to post in the other tattoo thread in Socialize. Sorry. posted there now.

Last edited by Dedication; 08-22-2003 at 10:21 PM..
Old 08-31-2003, 03:08 AM   #12
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
http://www.mreff.skankhouse.org/clai...ttooinvert.jpg

i have more, if the thread picks back up.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:47 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 187
No. Fuck YOUR tatoos.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman
No. Fuck YOUR tatoos.
Well, if you want to come on over and rub your penis on them, please do but I'll have to charge you ; )
Old 09-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 11
I want to get a tatoo with the cover of the lateralus CD with the eyes in the waves all across my back in a circle. Then put the five point nerve endings sign in it.

Old 09-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 204
I don't have any tatoos, but I think I'll get them at some point, they're sexy. Anywhere but on the small of my back, because every girl has one there, it's ridiculous.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #17

Bincount™: 206
how much did those cost you
Old 09-19-2003, 03:06 PM   #18
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4yn4rd
how much did those cost you
Moi? More than I probably should have paid. $300 for the sun $280 for the crescents. Of course after the fact everyone and their mother was like "I know someone that would've done it for half that amount!" Money wasn't really a matter for me at the time, though. Getting them done before I changed my mind was. As long as the company stays in business and I'm breathing I can get them touched up at no cost.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:52 AM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 72
I'm leaning towards getting a tatto is the near future, but I've no idea what of. I'm most assuredly going to shop around for an artist that knows his shit and won't fuck up. I've got a friend who got a tattoo from a hobbyist, and it looks like shit. There's a cool Hebrew passage from House Of Leaves in which Moses doubts the word of god. I might go with that. I don't know.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #20
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267
I am considering getting one of a bar code with numbers that are personal to me. As for location, I was thinking of putting it on the back of my neck, but everyone will be able to see it if I put it there. So any suggestions on where I should put this?

Also, is this type of tattoo overdone and cliche?
Old 10-05-2003, 12:58 PM   #21
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
Also, is this type of tattoo overdone and cliche?
very much so.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #22
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan
very much so.
I thought so, I just didn't remember where I saw it.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #23
Level 10 - Vehement

I don't get out much, I guess, because I haven't seen anyone with a barcode tat. Only time saw something like that was from Alien 3 ; )

You could still get it tat'd and then underneath it spell out something audacious like "In Bush We Trust"...now that would be a statement...of some sort ; )
Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 AM   #24
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 87
I'd like to get a tatoo, it seems to be a very definite personal statement, but then again tatoos are so commonplace that you wonder are they really that much of a big deal anymore.
The only thought that's holding me back from going right out and getting one is that many years from now I could come to regret getting it.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:42 PM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
The barcode on the back of the neck idea is from the canceled FOX t.v. show "Dark Angel." And it was also in Alien 3.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:30 AM   #26
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1864

I wouldnt go with the barcode - very cliche'. A suggestion, my second to last tattoo is sick. I downloaded the Runes font then typed the word REDEMPTION, put it in an arch configuration and it goes on my stomach around my six pack. Awesome font and awesome tat. I love it. If you want writing, by chance, check out the Runes font. I'm very pleased.

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
Old 10-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I was a bit hurt, when i heard Maynard singing, "fuck your tattoos" for the first time. I have 6 tats.

Places to put your tat are never original anymore, because some idiot, somewhere on the planet, already has one on the very same spot. ;)

On the back of my neck i have Om, very small and very private, my hair covers it, and only when i want to I'll show it.
On my spinalcord (is that correct englisch? Nevermind...) I have 3 japanese characters. On top a butterfly then the japanese character for Daughter, then Universe and at the bottom Eternity. At the side of the tat there a 2 small butterflies aswell. I'm very happy with these tats.

If i knew how, i would've posted a picture.
As everybody with a tattoo, i like showing them off... ;)

The runes font is very nice! A friend of mine has used them to write the names of her children around her ankle.

If I have the money, i'm sure i'll have another one. My goal is a dragon covering my whole right leg......
and those who matter don't mind.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:45 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

i'm prolly getting a tattoo for my 17th birthday if i dont chicken out that is ......... prolly the japanese kanji for individual or eternity theyre 2 faves off mine i'll get them on my back on my right shoulder blade
Old 11-01-2003, 06:17 PM   #29
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1669

i wanna get my name on my back or chest

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: