Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
revolution9's Avatar revolution9
10-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Stoned, Wildfire & Saiyu - Thanks to you all for taking a listen! And believe me, we know that those recordings suck ass on the myspace. We were happy with the results as far as DIY recordings go, but we've heard many a time that they are not doing us justice.

You'd be pleased to know that we are taking time early next year to record a professional-quality demo/album, whichever we can afford. We have about 10 tracks to lay down, but we'd be psyched to be able to release even 5 if they were exceptionally produced. From there, we are taking about 3 months to market it hard to prospective labels. After which point, if no one takes the bait, we'll be selling it ourselves through iTunes and through our website.

http://myspace.com/dilationband

Last edited by revolution9; 10-08-2007 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: "new" song up..

Stoned, Wildfire & Saiyu - Thanks to you all for taking a listen! And believe me, we know that those recordings suck ass on the myspace. We were happy with the results as far as DIY recordings go, but we've heard many a time that they are not doing us justice.

You'd be pleased to know that we are taking time early next year to record a professional-quality demo/album, whichever we can afford. We have about 10 tracks to lay down, but we'd be psyched to be able to release even 5 if they were exceptionally produced. From there, we are taking about 3 months to market it hard to prospective labels. After which point, if no one takes the bait, we'll be selling it ourselves through iTunes and through our website.

Last edited by revolution9; 10-08-2007 at 07:52 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM

I think the most important thing to do in terms of publicising your band would be to aim for place like here, where you're going to be exposed to people who are receptive to your music. I'd slot you in a musical category alongside Isis, Pelican, etc in post-metal / progressive metal. Not that genres are important, and not that you're not doing things which separates your band from others.

I think you'd have a lot of success if you managed to get your music to the right ears.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #42
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318

I think the most important thing to do in terms of publicising your band would be to aim for place like here, where you're going to be exposed to people who are receptive to your music. I'd slot you in a musical category alongside Isis, Pelican, etc in post-metal / progressive metal. Not that genres are important, and not that you're not doing things which separates your band from others.

I think you'd have a lot of success if you managed to get your music to the right ears.
10-09-2007, 04:55 AM

I totally agree with what you're saying, El. The band as a collective obviously believes in what we are doing, but it's very tedious work sometimes when our music seems to be falling on deaf ears a lot at our shows. We just try to remind ourselves that we haven't found the right audience yet... or it could just be that we are delusional. :-/

Either way, i can't thank you guys enough on here. I'm not very good at helping us promote (in fact the whole band is terrible at it), but you guys have always given us a good reception. I've said it before, but i'll say it again - It's the people and comments on here that keep us motivated and believing!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 AM   #43

I totally agree with what you're saying, El. The band as a collective obviously believes in what we are doing, but it's very tedious work sometimes when our music seems to be falling on deaf ears a lot at our shows. We just try to remind ourselves that we haven't found the right audience yet... or it could just be that we are delusional. :-/

Either way, i can't thank you guys enough on here. I'm not very good at helping us promote (in fact the whole band is terrible at it), but you guys have always given us a good reception. I've said it before, but i'll say it again - It's the people and comments on here that keep us motivated and believing!

UnderByen's Avatar UnderByen
10-16-2007, 03:29 PM

I agree with the others, this is absolutely amazing music. Looking foward to the demo
Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree with the others, this is absolutely amazing music. Looking foward to the demo
10-17-2007, 04:58 AM

thank you, underbyen! Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #45

thank you, underbyen! Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply