Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
thaddeus
07-22-2003, 10:17 PM

i've been on these forums for a while, but i haven't ever posted much..i think this new section is a great idea. i guess i'll throw in my 2 musical cents here. i just finished my first album.
the site is as follows:

www.fidnet.com/~jstacy/hd.htm

i think the 2nd song "heady" is the most accessible, so i'd start there. thank you in advance for any questions or comments.

dwayne welty
Old 07-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
herniated disc

i've been on these forums for a while, but i haven't ever posted much..i think this new section is a great idea. i guess i'll throw in my 2 musical cents here. i just finished my first album.
the site is as follows:

www.fidnet.com/~jstacy/hd.htm

i think the 2nd song "heady" is the most accessible, so i'd start there. thank you in advance for any questions or comments.

dwayne welty
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
kick_kickface
07-23-2003, 11:18 AM

I liked rainy day the best
Old 07-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

I liked rainy day the best
thaddeus
07-23-2003, 08:30 PM

hey, thanks for the comment!

has anyone else listened?
criticisms are more than welcome.
i put a lot of effort into this so please check it out.

dwayne welty
Old 07-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: herniated disc

hey, thanks for the comment!

has anyone else listened?
criticisms are more than welcome.
i put a lot of effort into this so please check it out.

dwayne welty
Matteran
07-23-2003, 11:03 PM

I listened to Heady, and it's good to grove to. I like all the little reverses and stuff. I first listened to it on crappy speakers at a friends house, and it seemed a little repeptative. But with my setup I could hear a lot more. Having a subwoofer, and crisp satalites made the song a lot better. I like a lot of little subtle things in music, like you have. But on crappy speakers some of the things just don't get through, and it drags. I don't know... I'm not really sure what you can do about that.

Is it just you playing all the parts? I love the little spanish-ish solo thingy.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 38
I listened to Heady, and it's good to grove to. I like all the little reverses and stuff. I first listened to it on crappy speakers at a friends house, and it seemed a little repeptative. But with my setup I could hear a lot more. Having a subwoofer, and crisp satalites made the song a lot better. I like a lot of little subtle things in music, like you have. But on crappy speakers some of the things just don't get through, and it drags. I don't know... I'm not really sure what you can do about that.

Is it just you playing all the parts? I love the little spanish-ish solo thingy.
thaddeus
07-24-2003, 07:35 AM

yeah, it's just me.
the bass is my guitar shifted down an octave.
and the drum part is me using my fist and and an ink pen on the back of my guitar.
actually i wrote and recorded that song in one day. most of the others took a lot longer, especially rainyday, which is mostly a noise scape i made with sounds that i recorded when we had a bunch of really bad storms and tornadoes back in april. it also has a slap guitar riff that took me forever to get right.
anyway, glad you liked it. i intentionally go for more subtlety in the changes and transisitions in my songs, that way you only hear little things change at any given time, but at the end you're somewhere different from where you started.

dwayne welty
Old 07-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: herniated disc

yeah, it's just me.
the bass is my guitar shifted down an octave.
and the drum part is me using my fist and and an ink pen on the back of my guitar.
actually i wrote and recorded that song in one day. most of the others took a lot longer, especially rainyday, which is mostly a noise scape i made with sounds that i recorded when we had a bunch of really bad storms and tornadoes back in april. it also has a slap guitar riff that took me forever to get right.
anyway, glad you liked it. i intentionally go for more subtlety in the changes and transisitions in my songs, that way you only hear little things change at any given time, but at the end you're somewhere different from where you started.

dwayne welty

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply