opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 03-18-2003, 02:48 AM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
. Honest Thought .

I'm gearing myself up to finally mutter 'look.. dad, let's forget that political science honours I was going for.. I just want to take pictures'. I'm seeing the world through a lens. Constantly. The world is beautiful for that one second when I walk into perfect angle. Regardless of if I take a picture.
Does that make any sense?.., anyway.

I've put together my first album, and am generally looking for bored eyes that could offer some guidance, be it critique or encouragment.

It can be viewed at
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...231&uid=948667

Thank you for (your) time
* tips her hat *
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:41 AM   #2
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
well, as i am scarcely inclined to pursue the craft myself, i can say my critique may not be based on anything of knowledge, but i can offer my opinion of the whole, since i have just finished viewing the whole.

i particularly liked the 'hooded beauty' and 'life reflection' pictures; they are thought-provoking and i'm a sucker for reflections. the ones with the deep blues of 'cobalt blue' and the lighter of 'blue facet' also interested me, simply because they were such rich, mysterious hues. i'd also have to say that the topaz lightings of 'rust room' and 'neon darkness' were interesting.

i was not particularly affected by the statue/nature/building pictures, however. they reminded me more of a tourist's collection than a photographer's unique eye. perhaps it has something to do with my living close to half my life in europe, where i've been privy to some of the most amazing sculpting/architecture/dioramas-of-nature in the world (italy especially... my heart longs to go back there).

i guess if i were to suggest anything, i'd suggest finding out what that photographer's eye is; learn to see what you're shooting with that strange curiosity that makes some professional work so interesting. i know you have the capacity (the reflection on the car hood was new to me, original, and the reflection on the headstone made me think) and i believe you have the potential to develop (haha) into quite a photographer.

anyway, if you have more pictures to put up, i'd gladly take a look at them. good luck!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #3
Artistic God

Bincount™: 41
i really like rolling season, amber light, and time out

rolling season is probably my favourite out of those because it combines a water body and trees.
you seem to have a lot more scenery in st catherines then we do around here near ottawa, im quite jealous. heh.

i need to get out some more and take more pictures
and i need more film

over all i really enjoy your shots.
cudos to you SadSummerSea
keep up the great work
Old 03-18-2003, 11:26 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 35
Excellent photos! I used to be right into photography,
especially scenery, but the cost of constant film-buying
made me lose interest. I'm looking forward to getting
a digital camera soon. Hopefully, my interest will be
sparked once again.

By the way, I live about an hour east of Toronto. And my
sister lives in Welland, not far from you SadSummerSea.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)
Old 03-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17
AWESOME!

those are great... i definatly think you should keep doing photograpghy... my favorite is amber light or rocky rise

green wind and neon night are also badass

the only problem is black bell is way too desaturated... i cant see whats going on

youre pictueres are all badass, but let me suggest that you try some human or maybe even animal subject in some photos.... just a suggestion.

P.S. your highschool is fucking creepy... thats what would mess with me on mushrooms... not the tree...hehe

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: