Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
TheAlienGus's Avatar TheAlienGus
12-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Ok, also new material added. Seven new songs to download
New blog posted, with link and instructions.
Just like before . . .

www.myspace.com/resonatingmusicalchaos

Hope you guys enjoy this!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #41
a dangerous man with a dangerous plan

Bincount™: 1832
Re: Resonating Musical Chaos

Ok, also new material added. Seven new songs to download
New blog posted, with link and instructions.
Just like before . . .

www.myspace.com/resonatingmusicalchaos

Hope you guys enjoy this!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jakesstuff_69's Avatar jakesstuff_69
12-08-2007, 11:21 AM

I like the first set of songs better as a collective.

If you could for a song, make something that has really booming thunderous bass and screeching like a million terradactyls eating a village of people's faces off. And put pauses in the music for vocal dictations. Just a suggestion I would like to hear if I were jamming with you. plzy
Old 12-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #42
Ski Free

Bincount™: 1219

I like the first set of songs better as a collective.

If you could for a song, make something that has really booming thunderous bass and screeching like a million terradactyls eating a village of people's faces off. And put pauses in the music for vocal dictations. Just a suggestion I would like to hear if I were jamming with you. plzy
12-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Terradactyls . . . hum, how does one capture a terradactyls?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #43

12-08-2007, 05:46 PM

One thing i would personally like to ask is what everyone thinks of 04- Always march to your own rhythm and 06- Nearing Completion . . . seems they are a bit out there for most people. At least that's the feedback we've gotten. We really like those, though . .

I feel 02 and 03 were a great success . . for what they are. A different approach, and experementation. You are correct jakesstuff they are in a sense, mostly just one song. We feel as far as vocals, it's kinda difficult to place something wih our music, Micheala did a good job, we feel. It's all about having fun, pushing boundries.

General thought among our RL friends is it's odd, and we might have pushed too hard . . We feel like this can be pushed farther though. I'm personally curious as to what T.D.N. things as a collective whole.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #44

One thing i would personally like to ask is what everyone thinks of 04- Always march to your own rhythm and 06- Nearing Completion . . . seems they are a bit out there for most people. At least that's the feedback we've gotten. We really like those, though . .

I feel 02 and 03 were a great success . . for what they are. A different approach, and experementation. You are correct jakesstuff they are in a sense, mostly just one song. We feel as far as vocals, it's kinda difficult to place something wih our music, Micheala did a good job, we feel. It's all about having fun, pushing boundries.

General thought among our RL friends is it's odd, and we might have pushed too hard . . We feel like this can be pushed farther though. I'm personally curious as to what T.D.N. things as a collective whole.
12-09-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienGus View Post
Have you ever played the game Chrono Trigger and get to the part where you fight Lavos and he makes just this loud screeching roar. It is one of the best samples I could think of to relate how beastly of a sound this song would need. Just experimenting with a war drum bass and applying sounds of distress and disaster. Like high pitch screeching that is brutal and beastly. I think could turn into a great feeling like you're being chased down by unnatural creatures, a soundscape of being fearful and expecting destruction.

I think it would fit with the name you've given the band quite well, if achieved.
But, I don't know...
Old 12-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #45
Ski Free

Quote:
Have you ever played the game Chrono Trigger and get to the part where you fight Lavos and he makes just this loud screeching roar. It is one of the best samples I could think of to relate how beastly of a sound this song would need. Just experimenting with a war drum bass and applying sounds of distress and disaster. Like high pitch screeching that is brutal and beastly. I think could turn into a great feeling like you're being chased down by unnatural creatures, a soundscape of being fearful and expecting destruction.

I think it would fit with the name you've given the band quite well, if achieved.
But, I don't know...
12-09-2007, 06:25 AM

Always March to the rythym of your own, There is a synth sound under everything that is the same simple thing the whole way through the song. I think somewhere in the middle it should change and do some variataions and maybe come back to the original structure at the end. It's an OK song, I think others you have done are way better though.
Nearing Completion, I think the stings should be more Thunderous and they'd evoke more feeling out of the song, then bring them down when the ring mod sounds come in. And mix the spacy sounds after that just a little higher to take over the music a little more than it does. and again around 6:35 when the Strings are rather present again and everything comes together, if they were more Thunderous they would convey a little more emotion from it. This is a good song and has potential. I think it just needs a little more to up the feelings trying to be conveyed. But then again I'm not stoned or nothing right now so that could change shit a lot. It's much better song after a couple listens too, just so you know.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:25 AM   #46
Ski Free

Always March to the rythym of your own, There is a synth sound under everything that is the same simple thing the whole way through the song. I think somewhere in the middle it should change and do some variataions and maybe come back to the original structure at the end. It's an OK song, I think others you have done are way better though.
Nearing Completion, I think the stings should be more Thunderous and they'd evoke more feeling out of the song, then bring them down when the ring mod sounds come in. And mix the spacy sounds after that just a little higher to take over the music a little more than it does. and again around 6:35 when the Strings are rather present again and everything comes together, if they were more Thunderous they would convey a little more emotion from it. This is a good song and has potential. I think it just needs a little more to up the feelings trying to be conveyed. But then again I'm not stoned or nothing right now so that could change shit a lot. It's much better song after a couple listens too, just so you know.
roscoe.etc's Avatar roscoe.etc
12-11-2007, 08:09 AM

very nice.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

very nice.
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe.etc View Post
very nice.
Thank you.

Jakesstuff_69 : Always march to your own rhythm - Think of it as a new twist on a marching band ideology. Listen to it as you would a marching band.

Nearing Completion - It's ment to be relaxing, however distracting as well. It'll grow on you . .
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe.etc View Post
very nice.
Thank you.

Jakesstuff_69 : Always march to your own rhythm - Think of it as a new twist on a marching band ideology. Listen to it as you would a marching band.

Nearing Completion - It's ment to be relaxing, however distracting as well. It'll grow on you . .
Jungmamr's Avatar Jungmamr
12-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you.

for the song to be successful, you shouldn't have to explain things like this for someone to "get" it. rethink your titles, or the songs in general if you have to do things like this.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Thank you.

for the song to be successful, you shouldn't have to explain things like this for someone to "get" it. rethink your titles, or the songs in general if you have to do things like this.
12-11-2007, 05:17 PM

I think a marching band style soundish track and the title are expressive enough.

This isn't the BIN, and since i'm kinda speaking for my band right now . . . and this isn't directed at you Jungmamr, but i keep biting my tongue. Jungmamr you should, judging by your age and your un-noodness, i presume you should (me guessing) be mature enough to see what i'm talking about . .
Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #50

I think a marching band style soundish track and the title are expressive enough.

This isn't the BIN, and since i'm kinda speaking for my band right now . . . and this isn't directed at you Jungmamr, but i keep biting my tongue. Jungmamr you should, judging by your age and your un-noodness, i presume you should (me guessing) be mature enough to see what i'm talking about . .
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungmamr View Post
I don't mind an artist having a theory about their music. Usually when you see someone live they give you a little insight when they present a song sometime in their show. It holds the3 same to me even if it's not a live performance. I did understand what was going on on the first song and thats what made me not like it so much. The other song I think could be more impressive, but if it's intent is relaxation, well I'd just be stumped.... I relax to things differently than other people, and dramatic/climactic music would relax me my own way.

But yeah, I'ma keep listenings to it and see how my perspective changes. Especially when I'm drunk or high, as those are the people you'd have to deal with most when playing live.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #51
Ski Free

Quote:
I don't mind an artist having a theory about their music. Usually when you see someone live they give you a little insight when they present a song sometime in their show. It holds the3 same to me even if it's not a live performance. I did understand what was going on on the first song and thats what made me not like it so much. The other song I think could be more impressive, but if it's intent is relaxation, well I'd just be stumped.... I relax to things differently than other people, and dramatic/climactic music would relax me my own way.

But yeah, I'ma keep listenings to it and see how my perspective changes. Especially when I'm drunk or high, as those are the people you'd have to deal with most when playing live.
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
I'ma keep listenings to it and see how my perspective changes. Especially when I'm drunk or high, as those are the people you'd have to deal with most when playing live.
It'd be impossible for us to play live. Not on the agenda.

We're not here for the party, we have another agenda.
Not our crowd . . not our scene.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
I'ma keep listenings to it and see how my perspective changes. Especially when I'm drunk or high, as those are the people you'd have to deal with most when playing live.
It'd be impossible for us to play live. Not on the agenda.

We're not here for the party, we have another agenda.
Not our crowd . . not our scene.
12-11-2007, 07:52 PM

Wel, I'm still gonna get drunk or high whether you like it or not.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #53
Ski Free

Wel, I'm still gonna get drunk or high whether you like it or not.
12-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:

i can read, so i understand what you were saying. i know though, for music, and art in general, when you have to give more explanation/information than what was originally in the performance/presentation, then you have failed and you need to return to the drawing board.

i can't remember who said it, but there is a great quote (I think it's by Charlie Chaplin):

"I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose."

i am not saying your music is crap, in fact i think it's very good. but, it doesn't mean it's done, any real artist always knows/feels that. one thing though, your demeanor from just reading your online replies in this thread, screams of pretentiousness, telling people to "give it a chance, it'll grow on you" and things like "we don't DO the live scene, that's not our agenda". granted it's just an interpretation on my part, but I can't help but feel a little putoff by you.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

i can read, so i understand what you were saying. i know though, for music, and art in general, when you have to give more explanation/information than what was originally in the performance/presentation, then you have failed and you need to return to the drawing board.

i can't remember who said it, but there is a great quote (I think it's by Charlie Chaplin):

"I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose."

i am not saying your music is crap, in fact i think it's very good. but, it doesn't mean it's done, any real artist always knows/feels that. one thing though, your demeanor from just reading your online replies in this thread, screams of pretentiousness, telling people to "give it a chance, it'll grow on you" and things like "we don't DO the live scene, that's not our agenda". granted it's just an interpretation on my part, but I can't help but feel a little putoff by you.
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM

It's not just my music, there are other people in the band.
As for the compliment, thank you.
I thought it would be interesting to post some stuff here.
Judging by the fact that most people here range from a diverse taste in music and most are fairly intellegent, I thought it would be interesting to see the reactions . . . . like it or leave it. You have an issue with me, take it to the grudge, this isn't the place for it.

. . I'm just pointing out, listen to it for what it is, you dislike it, don't listen. It's ment to put off a specific vibe, we accomplished what we wanted it to be. You dislike it, great. The fact i explain it's point, just means it's not for you.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #55

Judging by the fact that most people here range from a diverse taste in music and most are fairly intellegent, I thought it would be interesting to see the reactions . . . . like it or leave it. You have an issue with me, take it to the grudge, this isn't the place for it.

. . I'm just pointing out, listen to it for what it is, you dislike it, don't listen. It's ment to put off a specific vibe, we accomplished what we wanted it to be. You dislike it, great. The fact i explain it's point, just means it's not for you.
12-12-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:

i think mostly what I am trying to do here is help you out. you have some great tunes and an interesting sound. but just because you feel like it's done, doesn't necessarily mean that it truly is? we are all fallible in almost every way. try to take a step back from your music/themes/agenda and ask yourself if it's working in its entirety. that's all i am trying to say.

stick with it, and keep pushing the boundaries.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

i think mostly what I am trying to do here is help you out. you have some great tunes and an interesting sound. but just because you feel like it's done, doesn't necessarily mean that it truly is? we are all fallible in almost every way. try to take a step back from your music/themes/agenda and ask yourself if it's working in its entirety. that's all i am trying to say.

12-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:

I personally feel we accomplished what we were trying to do.
Once again thanks for the compliment and advice.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:23 PM   #57

Quote:

I personally feel we accomplished what we were trying to do.
Once again thanks for the compliment and advice.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
12-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Orgy is one of the greatest songs of our generation.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #58
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

12-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
I doubt it. What did you think of either cd, seriously?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
I doubt it. What did you think of either cd, seriously?
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM

I've only listened to the first one so far. I quite enjoyed the majority of it. Screeching Boundaries was the only song I really disliked. I did get a bit bored towards the end though, but that happens with most electronic music for me, especially a relatively long album like this. I REALLY like the parts with strings. More strings plzy.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #60
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

I've only listened to the first one so far. I quite enjoyed the majority of it. Screeching Boundaries was the only song I really disliked. I did get a bit bored towards the end though, but that happens with most electronic music for me, especially a relatively long album like this. I REALLY like the parts with strings. More strings plzy.
12-17-2007, 10:30 PM

If i remember correctly ORGY was the first song we did.
That was two and a half - three years ago.
It's difficult to recall.

You ain't heard nothing yet.
And thanks Rubb.

If i may be so bold, may i get a sound off on what everyone thought of the vocals on the second album? Either the second or third tracks? Micheala did a good job, we think. But she doesn't want to keep walking that road. So we're trying to find a vocalist. After alot of experimenting, we as a band all agree a female would be best . . but we're incountering problems finding someone.

After the last track, we're finding that idea amusing. We're going to experiment a bit more with that idea, in the mean time . .

Last edited by TheAlienGus; 12-17-2007 at 10:32 PM..
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #61

If i remember correctly ORGY was the first song we did.
That was two and a half - three years ago.
It's difficult to recall.

You ain't heard nothing yet.
And thanks Rubb.

If i may be so bold, may i get a sound off on what everyone thought of the vocals on the second album? Either the second or third tracks? Micheala did a good job, we think. But she doesn't want to keep walking that road. So we're trying to find a vocalist. After alot of experimenting, we as a band all agree a female would be best . . but we're incountering problems finding someone.

After the last track, we're finding that idea amusing. We're going to experiment a bit more with that idea, in the mean time . .

Last edited by TheAlienGus; 12-17-2007 at 10:32 PM..
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Somehow, someway i've talked my band members into letting me have complete and utter control in making a song about 'Ta Shed. So i'd like your guys input on the lyrics. Kinda think of it as a ten minute introduction to the shed and the bin.

Why would i do this you may ask? Because his place is a hoot, and it would make a hilarious song. I'm thinking along the lines of someone talking, introducing tdn, than each forum with discriptions, than the bin, * insert random memes and lyrical/musical chaos * bin rules than more random chaos. It's just everything up to the bin i'm lost at.

Why not see if anyone wants to contribute, since it is about this place. Just do anything you want, just make it funny and focused on whatever subject, forum, person meme you want. PM me with a link after you make it.

The bin thread * http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=97560
Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 PM   #62

Somehow, someway i've talked my band members into letting me have complete and utter control in making a song about 'Ta Shed. So i'd like your guys input on the lyrics. Kinda think of it as a ten minute introduction to the shed and the bin.

Why would i do this you may ask? Because his place is a hoot, and it would make a hilarious song. I'm thinking along the lines of someone talking, introducing tdn, than each forum with discriptions, than the bin, * insert random memes and lyrical/musical chaos * bin rules than more random chaos. It's just everything up to the bin i'm lost at.

Why not see if anyone wants to contribute, since it is about this place. Just do anything you want, just make it funny and focused on whatever subject, forum, person meme you want. PM me with a link after you make it.

The bin thread * http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=97560
12-27-2007, 06:36 PM

* BUMP BUMP BUMP *
Old 12-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #63

* BUMP BUMP BUMP *
01-02-2008, 09:51 PM

As of today, we can say we've got a song we are capable of playing
live. We feel this was an amasing deal for us. Aside from the lyrcs
which we done using microdoft sam, everything in our song "Positive Contributions" is completely done in real time. myself on the drums,
Micheala, james and chris on guitars.
We feel we didn't sacrifice our "band's sound" or style either . .

This was fun . . and the song is terribly noisy.

Take care!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #64

As of today, we can say we've got a song we are capable of playing
live. We feel this was an amasing deal for us. Aside from the lyrcs
which we done using microdoft sam, everything in our song "Positive Contributions" is completely done in real time. myself on the drums,
Micheala, james and chris on guitars.
We feel we didn't sacrifice our "band's sound" or style either . .

This was fun . . and the song is terribly noisy.

Take care!
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM

Narf!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #65

Narf!

Rate This Thread