10-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
a dangerous man with a dangerous plan

Bincount™: 1832
Resonating Musical Chaos

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
dirtyepic's Avatar dirtyepic
10-24-2007, 05:45 AM

lol it's strange for muck-around stuff, you'll end up being a serious band it seems
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 995
Re: Resonating Musical Chaos

lol it's strange for muck-around stuff, you'll end up being a serious band it seems
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyepic View Post
Yea there's definitely something to this. Keep it up and keep it fun.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyepic View Post
Yea there's definitely something to this. Keep it up and keep it fun.
TheAlienGus's Avatar TheAlienGus
10-24-2007, 06:14 PM

Thanks! I was showing this thread to my other band mates. They thought it was kinda cool. It's interesting, we're just messing around, so far 98% seem to think there is something too it. Just wish we could put the longer more epic songs on there.

That's the good stuff, everyone seems to really love those.
Anyone know where we could host them for free?

BTW, add us as friends if you have myspace.
Thank you.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #4

Thanks! I was showing this thread to my other band mates. They thought it was kinda cool. It's interesting, we're just messing around, so far 98% seem to think there is something too it. Just wish we could put the longer more epic songs on there.

That's the good stuff, everyone seems to really love those.
Anyone know where we could host them for free?

BTW, add us as friends if you have myspace.
Thank you.
Rotating_Energy_Field's Avatar Rotating_Energy_Field
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM

This could definately go somewhere, your stuff is really good.
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

This could definately go somewhere, your stuff is really good.
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning the ET revealed to me his singular purpose; he said you are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message, a message of hope for those who will listen and a warning for those who do not. Me, the chosen one! They chose me and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school!
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Seriously, i mean that.
And as of ten minutes ago, there is now a link to our entire cd.
It's in the new blog. And i will personal sent a phyical copy if you're sketchy about the download. I wouldn't blame you. I really want someone outside my circle of friends to hear this stuff. We put alot of work into it. It shows too, and i can honestly say anything you heard is seriously not even the tip of the iceberg. The sound quality is superb, professional, and the good stuff is so seriously EPIC! PM me if you ould like a copy. I'm paying the shipping.

All i ask if for honest feedback.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #6

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Seriously, i mean that.
And as of ten minutes ago, there is now a link to our entire cd.
It's in the new blog. And i will personal sent a phyical copy if you're sketchy about the download. I wouldn't blame you. I really want someone outside my circle of friends to hear this stuff. We put alot of work into it. It shows too, and i can honestly say anything you heard is seriously not even the tip of the iceberg. The sound quality is superb, professional, and the good stuff is so seriously EPIC! PM me if you ould like a copy. I'm paying the shipping.

All i ask if for honest feedback.
bionic_anchovy
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM

You have some good stuff going on here

My MySpace for tunes:
www.myspace.com/bionicanchovy
Old 10-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

You have some good stuff going on here

My MySpace for tunes:
www.myspace.com/bionicanchovy
11-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Out of curiosity on my part, did anyone download the cd?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #8

Out of curiosity on my part, did anyone download the cd?
Jungmamr's Avatar Jungmamr
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM

nope.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

nope.
cliche101's Avatar cliche101
11-04-2007, 12:13 PM

cool stuff! (and I downloaded your cd)
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 209

cool stuff! (and I downloaded your cd)
11-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Thank you, i'm curious as to what you were in favor of, liked / disliked?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #11

Thank you, i'm curious as to what you were in favor of, liked / disliked?
cliche101's Avatar cliche101
11-05-2007, 11:09 AM

hmmm. Some of it seems to have some cool, almost strange vibe to it, I'm not really sure exactly what about it I like.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 209

hmmm. Some of it seems to have some cool, almost strange vibe to it, I'm not really sure exactly what about it I like.
transcend187's Avatar transcend187
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Sweet! I'm glad I found this.

You guys have a great aesthetic, delving into pretty heavy territory while keeping it tasteful. Very trance-like, but you bring in cool rhythms, excellent choice of samples/sounds, and a very smooth electronic arrangement - not to mention fantastic stereo mixing.

Some of it reminds me of the soundscapes of Robert Fripp (and the Fripp-influenced textures of Richard Barbieri's keyboard in Porcupine Tree), combined with the industrial rhythmic intensity of Reznor.

I'd love to see you experiment more with empty space (the power of silence!) and melody (maybe instrumental solos, in the vein of David Gilmore, Adam Jones, or Steve Wilson). The melodies you have now are cool, and I think you could expand them into much more while still keeping with the trance feel and using the same mixture of harmony and dissonance.

Last edited by transcend187; 11-05-2007 at 08:39 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439

You guys have a great aesthetic, delving into pretty heavy territory while keeping it tasteful. Very trance-like, but you bring in cool rhythms, excellent choice of samples/sounds, and a very smooth electronic arrangement - not to mention fantastic stereo mixing.

Some of it reminds me of the soundscapes of Robert Fripp (and the Fripp-influenced textures of Richard Barbieri's keyboard in Porcupine Tree), combined with the industrial rhythmic intensity of Reznor.

I'd love to see you experiment more with empty space (the power of silence!) and melody (maybe instrumental solos, in the vein of David Gilmore, Adam Jones, or Steve Wilson). The melodies you have now are cool, and I think you could expand them into much more while still keeping with the trance feel and using the same mixture of harmony and dissonance.

Last edited by transcend187; 11-05-2007 at 08:39 PM..
11-06-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend187 View Post

WOW, thank you. I'm at a loss for words right now . . .
Do you mind if i qoute you? : )
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend187 View Post

11-06-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienGus View Post
You're welcome to quote me.

I compared you to Porcupine Tree because I spend at least 80% of my listening time on them, thus they're the easiest comparison for me to make. NIN and Crimson also occupy a significant amount of my listening time. I think you have a number of stylistic elements in common with all of them (the tasteful combination and application of ambience, melody, heaviness and layering), but I wouldn't say you "sound like them." While my familiarity with the experimental techno genre is limited, seems like you've got your own sound.

Still leaves plenty of room for development, but the fact that I'm listening to your album again now is a testament to its quality.

I'd really like to hear what you come up with next, sounds to me like your current material is but a stepping stone to some fantastic future material.

Last edited by transcend187; 11-06-2007 at 07:59 PM..
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #15
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
You're welcome to quote me.

I compared you to Porcupine Tree because I spend at least 80% of my listening time on them, thus they're the easiest comparison for me to make. NIN and Crimson also occupy a significant amount of my listening time. I think you have a number of stylistic elements in common with all of them (the tasteful combination and application of ambience, melody, heaviness and layering), but I wouldn't say you "sound like them." While my familiarity with the experimental techno genre is limited, seems like you've got your own sound.

Still leaves plenty of room for development, but the fact that I'm listening to your album again now is a testament to its quality.

I'd really like to hear what you come up with next, sounds to me like your current material is but a stepping stone to some fantastic future material.

Last edited by transcend187; 11-06-2007 at 07:59 PM..
11-07-2007, 04:18 AM

Techo and industrial are a hit or miss with me personally. Actually, now that i think of it, most music is in general. Usually a miss, i personally can not connect with most of it. Especially techo . . most of it's just crap. Industrial is more my realm. NIN, KMFDM, (early) Lo FiDility Allstars . . that's about it.
I personally draw alot of influence from them. My band members all come from different musical corners. Chris is really into death/heavy metal. James likes a bit of everything. Michaela is a music major, has played in various orchestras and stuff like that . . classical stuff. We just find some common ground.
I'm rambling, sorry . . . um, yeah. Some of that stuff is like two years old. Some of it's really recent. It's an organic process, full of planning, and experemental improvising. It comes together when it comes together.
Anyways, thank you for the kind words. As always, it's nice to hear. I apprichiate it. As i stated earler in the thread, i've been showing this thread to my fellow band mates, they were, as i am, more than a bit floored by the kind words. If you're interested in anything that the future brings bookmark the page, or add us as myspace friends, for the bulletin updates.

Thanks man.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #16

Techo and industrial are a hit or miss with me personally. Actually, now that i think of it, most music is in general. Usually a miss, i personally can not connect with most of it. Especially techo . . most of it's just crap. Industrial is more my realm. NIN, KMFDM, (early) Lo FiDility Allstars . . that's about it.
I personally draw alot of influence from them. My band members all come from different musical corners. Chris is really into death/heavy metal. James likes a bit of everything. Michaela is a music major, has played in various orchestras and stuff like that . . classical stuff. We just find some common ground.
I'm rambling, sorry . . . um, yeah. Some of that stuff is like two years old. Some of it's really recent. It's an organic process, full of planning, and experemental improvising. It comes together when it comes together.
Anyways, thank you for the kind words. As always, it's nice to hear. I apprichiate it. As i stated earler in the thread, i've been showing this thread to my fellow band mates, they were, as i am, more than a bit floored by the kind words. If you're interested in anything that the future brings bookmark the page, or add us as myspace friends, for the bulletin updates.

Thanks man.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
11-07-2007, 04:52 AM

*goes to download*
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 AM   #17
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

*goes to download*
11-07-2007, 06:31 AM

Wow, rubb! Welcome to the conversation!
I'd seriously would love to hear what your opinion will be.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #18

Wow, rubb! Welcome to the conversation!
I'd seriously would love to hear what your opinion will be.
11-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Hey Gus, where are you guys from? Is there a big music scene where you live?

Last edited by transcend187; 11-07-2007 at 08:26 PM..
Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Hey Gus, where are you guys from? Is there a big music scene where you live?

Last edited by transcend187; 11-07-2007 at 08:26 PM..
11-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Nebraska and no.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:08 AM   #20

Nebraska and no.
11-08-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Nebraska and no.
Ah, too bad. Have you thought about actively trying to bring your music to a broader audience? Maybe St. Louis? It's pretty difficult to achieve recognition of good music in Nebraska. No offense to Nebraska, it just doesn't seem like that kind of state...
Old 11-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Nebraska and no.
Ah, too bad. Have you thought about actively trying to bring your music to a broader audience? Maybe St. Louis? It's pretty difficult to achieve recognition of good music in Nebraska. No offense to Nebraska, it just doesn't seem like that kind of state...
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM

It's not really about commercial recognition. It's about having fun, experimenting pushing the boundries and trying something original. The stuff we've been working on in a serious manner is alot like track #2 from the download. We are trying to push that concept farther, but not loseing the hard hitting riffs and beats. We feel there is alot of potential in that. Not saying everythings gonna sound like that, we are just trying to push that concept farther.

As far as commercial recognition "We define ourselves by how well we hide." It's just a toy to us, we've tried to fly under the radar, and in some fashion we have succeded. Take the new concept radiohead seems to be doing. Give it away free, but accept donations. None of us need the money, we are all pretty well of. So why chase a record deal? When you put borders an boundries up, it sets limits.

No more need for the old empire.

I'd and my bandmates would rather get nothing financially gained out of this toy. And instead be able to have complete and utter creative control, push our limits and yours, and have fun. Than being held down, have limits, being told what to do and having our creativity forced out of us.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #22

It's not really about commercial recognition. It's about having fun, experimenting pushing the boundries and trying something original. The stuff we've been working on in a serious manner is alot like track #2 from the download. We are trying to push that concept farther, but not loseing the hard hitting riffs and beats. We feel there is alot of potential in that. Not saying everythings gonna sound like that, we are just trying to push that concept farther.

As far as commercial recognition "We define ourselves by how well we hide." It's just a toy to us, we've tried to fly under the radar, and in some fashion we have succeded. Take the new concept radiohead seems to be doing. Give it away free, but accept donations. None of us need the money, we are all pretty well of. So why chase a record deal? When you put borders an boundries up, it sets limits.

I'd and my bandmates would rather get nothing financially gained out of this toy. And instead be able to have complete and utter creative control, push our limits and yours, and have fun. Than being held down, have limits, being told what to do and having our creativity forced out of us.
11-09-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:

I wasn't necessarily talking about a record deal, but it's good to see that you're serious about uninhibited creativity.

There are lots of different approaches a group can take to musical creation. I bet you guys could make a wicked live show out of this stuff.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

I wasn't necessarily talking about a record deal, but it's good to see that you're serious about uninhibited creativity.

There are lots of different approaches a group can take to musical creation. I bet you guys could make a wicked live show out of this stuff.
11-10-2007, 06:43 AM

We make good.

We (Micheala) managed to secure exclusive use of a proffesion turntable set for use to use this weekend. Should provide us the opprotunity for some very fun and entertaining noise creation. Delve into something new.

And also, we are experimenting with a small amount of vocals to go with our new turntable noise. Micheala has a very interesting, and from what i understand, very original idea on this new approach. Nahsayin right now, this could be potentially VERY FUCKING COOL! Back later.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #24

We make good.

We (Micheala) managed to secure exclusive use of a proffesion turntable set for use to use this weekend. Should provide us the opprotunity for some very fun and entertaining noise creation. Delve into something new.

And also, we are experimenting with a small amount of vocals to go with our new turntable noise. Micheala has a very interesting, and from what i understand, very original idea on this new approach. Nahsayin right now, this could be potentially VERY FUCKING COOL! Back later.
11-11-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
We make good.

Can I be your vocalist?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #25
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
We make good.

Can I be your vocalist?
11-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Can you sing? And on top of that, we have experimented, nothing just seems to go with our music, but we still try. The idea she had actually kind of worked at least . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #26

Can you sing? And on top of that, we have experimented, nothing just seems to go with our music, but we still try. The idea she had actually kind of worked at least . . .
11-12-2007, 03:57 AM

Well, it's monday . . . and when all i said, done and the tuntables returned last night. All i can say is . . . somehow the oddity we created (still in progress, but the foundation is down) actually sounds, um . . "odd". It turned out, much to everyone's suprise, to surpass all our expectations. Lyrics, vocals, turntables, violin, cello, ambiant noise, some (what the fuck was that?) noise, guitar and drums.

This one is an oddity, that's without a doubt. As soon as it's complete, we are going to splice it in length and make an audio sample to put on the myspace site. I'll get back here as soon as i can with the news the "sample" is done.

Take care.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #27

Well, it's monday . . . and when all i said, done and the tuntables returned last night. All i can say is . . . somehow the oddity we created (still in progress, but the foundation is down) actually sounds, um . . "odd". It turned out, much to everyone's suprise, to surpass all our expectations. Lyrics, vocals, turntables, violin, cello, ambiant noise, some (what the fuck was that?) noise, guitar and drums.

This one is an oddity, that's without a doubt. As soon as it's complete, we are going to splice it in length and make an audio sample to put on the myspace site. I'll get back here as soon as i can with the news the "sample" is done.

Take care.
11-15-2007, 05:19 AM

There is a new song posted to our MySpace site "Sneaky Ninjas". It's not the audio sample promised monday, which is still being worked on, however i am certain you'll like this one. It doesn't disappoint. I promise.

---------------------<< EDIT Forgot to mention we also added a fifth song as well, "SuperDuperHeavyShit" . . yeah. Something or another . . fell like i'm still forgetting something. Oh well, time to sleep. BBL.

Last edited by TheAlienGus; 11-15-2007 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Canada, nuff said!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #28

There is a new song posted to our MySpace site "Sneaky Ninjas". It's not the audio sample promised monday, which is still being worked on, however i am certain you'll like this one. It doesn't disappoint. I promise.

---------------------<< EDIT Forgot to mention we also added a fifth song as well, "SuperDuperHeavyShit" . . yeah. Something or another . . fell like i'm still forgetting something. Oh well, time to sleep. BBL.

Last edited by TheAlienGus; 11-15-2007 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Canada, nuff said!
jakesstuff_69's Avatar jakesstuff_69
11-19-2007, 12:25 AM

I finally got around to downloading the Cd a couple days ago. I do like it. BUt, it does seem to have mostly the same beat through most of it. Just thinking it could be mixed up with a bit more variety. But I do like almost all of the tracks.
Hit the spot while I was drunk the other night....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #29
Ski Free

Bincount™: 1219

I finally got around to downloading the Cd a couple days ago. I do like it. BUt, it does seem to have mostly the same beat through most of it. Just thinking it could be mixed up with a bit more variety. But I do like almost all of the tracks.
Hit the spot while I was drunk the other night....
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM

I'm not sure how you can think the "beat" is the same throughout the album . . .
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #30

I'm not sure how you can think the "beat" is the same throughout the album . . .
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
11-23-2007, 08:03 PM

I think it's mastered too loudly. With the volume on minimum on my PC and the myspace vol set to average, it was almost busting my earphones. Good stuff though.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #31
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583

I think it's mastered too loudly. With the volume on minimum on my PC and the myspace vol set to average, it was almost busting my earphones. Good stuff though.
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember_Forgive View Post
Good music should always be turned up VERY loudly.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember_Forgive View Post
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I just felt as if I was moving my head to the same rythym for a long long time.
But it may have changed and I was too focused at playing video games and drinking to notice. It was good don't get me wrong.

And I agree with you on it should be very loud... If someone disagrees then their speakers can't handle the power of truely good music.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #33
Ski Free

Quote:
But it may have changed and I was too focused at playing video games and drinking to notice. It was good don't get me wrong.

And I agree with you on it should be very loud... If someone disagrees then their speakers can't handle the power of truely good music.
11-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post

That's awesome. I like that . . .
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post

That's awesome. I like that . . .
12-06-2007, 12:01 PM

Just incase anyone is interested, we've uploaded a new song to our MySpace site.

Thanks goes to Synergy for his contribution. We've been experementing with new ideas, new equipment, vocals . . also expanding on old ideas, seeing if we can push them farther. So, here shortly we'll be putting some new stuff up
as a download. Seven or eight new songs . . .
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #35

Just incase anyone is interested, we've uploaded a new song to our MySpace site.

Thanks goes to Synergy for his contribution. We've been experementing with new ideas, new equipment, vocals . . also expanding on old ideas, seeing if we can push them farther. So, here shortly we'll be putting some new stuff up
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
this is not at all true. if the listener wants it to be loud, the listener will make it loud.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #36
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583

Quote:
this is not at all true. if the listener wants it to be loud, the listener will make it loud.
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM

To each their own . . .
Old 12-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #37

To each their own . . .
merkabah's Avatar merkabah
12-07-2007, 09:34 AM

myspace: We do not take ourselves seriously

Sounds pretty professional though.
Keep it up dudes. (Actually I don't like this electronic shite but that blew me away FO SHO!)
Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #38
Sir Satanic Magic Bamboo

Bincount™: 84

myspace: We do not take ourselves seriously

Sounds pretty professional though.
Keep it up dudes. (Actually I don't like this electronic shite but that blew me away FO SHO!)
12-08-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:

That songs pretty kickass, I like how the vocals slightly cut out cause of the music..
Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 AM   #39
Ski Free

Quote:

That songs pretty kickass, I like how the vocals slightly cut out cause of the music..
12-08-2007, 05:02 AM

. . . just us messing around. Haveing a laugh, being silly.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #40

. . . just us messing around. Haveing a laugh, being silly.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply