Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
revolution9's Avatar revolution9
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
I'm dyin' to hear any live stuff if there is any. Oh man, the suspense is killing me!
Oh man, i'm sorry, es. The recordings were a bust. The sound guy wasn't down with us using him to record our show, so we went with one of our girlfriends recording us from the audience with the MP3 player. And well, if you like the sound of a jet engine, then maybe you'd enjoy it, but for us it was terrible...

On the plus side, we brought a good crowd for a wednesday night and the reception we got from everyone was great. We were asked back in 2 weeks. Maybe this time we'll prepare something a little better and get our show recorded properly.

http://myspace.com/dilationband
Old 03-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: my band.

Quote:
I'm dyin' to hear any live stuff if there is any. Oh man, the suspense is killing me!
Oh man, i'm sorry, es. The recordings were a bust. The sound guy wasn't down with us using him to record our show, so we went with one of our girlfriends recording us from the audience with the MP3 player. And well, if you like the sound of a jet engine, then maybe you'd enjoy it, but for us it was terrible...

On the plus side, we brought a good crowd for a wednesday night and the reception we got from everyone was great. We were asked back in 2 weeks. Maybe this time we'll prepare something a little better and get our show recorded properly.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
03-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism_Rhythm View Post
This really is quality stuff; very original, thoughtful, and inspiring.

And I definately feel you on the vocal dilemma. A vocalist can make or break the sound of a group. Great job on keeping it interesting while maintaining that flow. I'd definately like to hear more!
Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Prism. Stay tuned, we just started recording a brand new one that we feel will take precedent on our myspace over the older stuff. We're pretty psyched about it.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism_Rhythm View Post
This really is quality stuff; very original, thoughtful, and inspiring.

And I definately feel you on the vocal dilemma. A vocalist can make or break the sound of a group. Great job on keeping it interesting while maintaining that flow. I'd definately like to hear more!
Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Prism. Stay tuned, we just started recording a brand new one that we feel will take precedent on our myspace over the older stuff. We're pretty psyched about it.

03-08-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant55 View Post
Very good stuff, I hope you guys get the attention you deserve. I wish I could find a band in my area with this type of sound. I would love to record it.
haha, thanks futant! We wish we had someone in our area that wanted to record us as well! It's very time consuming teaching ourselves!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant55 View Post
Very good stuff, I hope you guys get the attention you deserve. I wish I could find a band in my area with this type of sound. I would love to record it.
haha, thanks futant! We wish we had someone in our area that wanted to record us as well! It's very time consuming teaching ourselves!

Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM

You know, I like seeing how you respond to everyone's reaction. You're not just another dipshit band player trying to make a buck. You ACTUALLY care. :) Damn how I love to see that. This is why your popularity is spreading. Because you actually want to do something. You actually want to write music people can collect with. You want to be involved with your fan base.

And by the way, its great to see that you were asked back for another performance. Soon enough, if you want to go this direction, you'll be starting for Tool!

Keep it up Dilation sir(s). You know I'll always be a supporter.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #44
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

You know, I like seeing how you respond to everyone's reaction. You're not just another dipshit band player trying to make a buck. You ACTUALLY care. :) Damn how I love to see that. This is why your popularity is spreading. Because you actually want to do something. You actually want to write music people can collect with. You want to be involved with your fan base.

And by the way, its great to see that you were asked back for another performance. Soon enough, if you want to go this direction, you'll be starting for Tool!

Keep it up Dilation sir(s). You know I'll always be a supporter.
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM

You da man, es. As always, thank you!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #45

You da man, es. As always, thank you!

03-12-2007, 10:59 AM

In the meantime, are you working on any new material? Wanna tease us with some working song titles? Haven't heard from you guys in a while, so just wondering whats up.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #46

In the meantime, are you working on any new material? Wanna tease us with some working song titles? Haven't heard from you guys in a while, so just wondering whats up.
03-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
hmmm... teasers, eh? well, i can say the song we are just finishing up and are getting ready to record is tentatively being called "Cleopatra" or "The Nine"... It's got several meter changes in it from 5/4, to 9/8, to 6/8, to 11/6... it's probably got some of the most complicated ideas that we've been working with, but we've managed to make it flow very nicely.

There is no electronic accompaniment completed as of yet, so you can probably expect to see it hitting our myspace some time over the next month or so.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #47

Quote:
hmmm... teasers, eh? well, i can say the song we are just finishing up and are getting ready to record is tentatively being called "Cleopatra" or "The Nine"... It's got several meter changes in it from 5/4, to 9/8, to 6/8, to 11/6... it's probably got some of the most complicated ideas that we've been working with, but we've managed to make it flow very nicely.

There is no electronic accompaniment completed as of yet, so you can probably expect to see it hitting our myspace some time over the next month or so.

03-13-2007, 03:05 PM

sweet man! can't wait to hear it!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #48

sweet man! can't wait to hear it!
03-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Just to let FACEBOOK.com members know a new group "dilation band" has been created. It is currently under construction, but none the less viewable.

Those in support of the group please join and spread the word!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #49

Just to let FACEBOOK.com members know a new group "dilation band" has been created. It is currently under construction, but none the less viewable.

Those in support of the group please join and spread the word!
03-21-2007, 03:12 PM

you guys sound really good!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #50
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 209

Zchgla
03-21-2007, 07:02 PM

What instrument do you play?

You guys kick ass.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #51

Bincount™: 2

You guys kick ass.
Zchgla
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM

If you ever get a CD made, I'm definitely down to buy one.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #52

If you ever get a CD made, I'm definitely down to buy one.
03-22-2007, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche101 View Post
Cliche, thanks brother. We really appreciate the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zchgla View Post

You guys kick ass.
Thanks, Zchgla! I play the bass, even though i could be considered a guitar player at heart. Been playing for about 14 years, but never had a good steady gig until i was asked to play bass for Dilation. I figured it'd be new ground for me to explore and i haven't looked back yet!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche101 View Post
Cliche, thanks brother. We really appreciate the support!

Quote:

You guys kick ass.
Thanks, Zchgla! I play the bass, even though i could be considered a guitar player at heart. Been playing for about 14 years, but never had a good steady gig until i was asked to play bass for Dilation. I figured it'd be new ground for me to explore and i haven't looked back yet!

Zchgla
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution9 View Post
I play the bass, even though i could be considered a guitar player at heart. Been playing for about 14 years, but never had a good steady gig until i was asked to play bass for Dilation. I figured it'd be new ground for me to explore and i haven't looked back yet!
You're definitely sounding good. Especially on the track "Nothing." I really dig the drummer also, but I'm partial to drums.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution9 View Post
I play the bass, even though i could be considered a guitar player at heart. Been playing for about 14 years, but never had a good steady gig until i was asked to play bass for Dilation. I figured it'd be new ground for me to explore and i haven't looked back yet!
You're definitely sounding good. Especially on the track "Nothing." I really dig the drummer also, but I'm partial to drums.
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
There's no denying we've been blessed with a tremendous drummer. In fact, i've been lucky my whole life to have always hooked up with sick drummers. The very first band i was in way back in high school, our drummer was disproportionately great compared to the rest of us. Unfortunately, i think he finally realized that, though, hence our short lifespan as a group. In college, my roomate was also a drummer - the best i'd ever met up to that point. We never got to form any group, but we had jammed on many occasions. To this day, we still get together at the studio every once and awhile. Dilations drummer, i'll admit had big shoes to fill since i was so used to jamming with that guy from college. But i'll be damned, he fills them very well, if not better at times. He's a somewhat different style, but fantastic none-the-less.

But anyway, thanks again for the comments and glad you are liking our stuff!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #55

Quote:
There's no denying we've been blessed with a tremendous drummer. In fact, i've been lucky my whole life to have always hooked up with sick drummers. The very first band i was in way back in high school, our drummer was disproportionately great compared to the rest of us. Unfortunately, i think he finally realized that, though, hence our short lifespan as a group. In college, my roomate was also a drummer - the best i'd ever met up to that point. We never got to form any group, but we had jammed on many occasions. To this day, we still get together at the studio every once and awhile. Dilations drummer, i'll admit had big shoes to fill since i was so used to jamming with that guy from college. But i'll be damned, he fills them very well, if not better at times. He's a somewhat different style, but fantastic none-the-less.

But anyway, thanks again for the comments and glad you are liking our stuff!

03-28-2007, 12:01 PM

If you have a mylocalbands.com account, become a friend and supporter of the dilation band! Check it out!

http://www.mylocalbands.com/band.asp?xid=17284

Also, as a reminder, if you're in the New Jersey area on March 30th, be sure to check out the Dilation Band as they play at the Brighton Bar in Long Branch.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #56

If you have a mylocalbands.com account, become a friend and supporter of the dilation band! Check it out!

http://www.mylocalbands.com/band.asp?xid=17284

Also, as a reminder, if you're in the New Jersey area on March 30th, be sure to check out the Dilation Band as they play at the Brighton Bar in Long Branch.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply