Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
IC's Avatar IC
08-17-2004, 03:34 AM

lateralis...on drums..jesus christ..

I think I can learn the verses...but the nightmare is the bridge. The whole "Hi my name is danny carey. I think I'll play in a different time signature with ever limb, all of which being in a different time signature with the band, but still have it fit" thing is a bit crazy..but I love that groove they layer there. Lemme practice it.

Last edited by IC; 08-17-2004 at 03:57 AM..
Old 08-17-2004, 03:34 AM   #121
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
Re: Tribute to Tool Part II

lateralis...on drums..jesus christ..

I think I can learn the verses...but the nightmare is the bridge. The whole "Hi my name is danny carey. I think I'll play in a different time signature with ever limb, all of which being in a different time signature with the band, but still have it fit" thing is a bit crazy..but I love that groove they layer there. Lemme practice it.

Last edited by IC; 08-17-2004 at 03:57 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
IC's Avatar IC
08-17-2004, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy reality

as one last edit: it's funny when i listen to my solo i keep hearing the little two note bell part, and I'm like "did i add that?" but i'm just so used to hearing it my mind is adding it in for me, hearing it in my head, so to speak, it's pretty cool and a bit creepy.
on the drum track, I dont have a set of chimes or a digital trigger system set up but I played a few of the chime hits on the china cymbal. Best I could do for the situation. Maybe I'll go back and put like a flange or somethin on those hits..make em sound weird
Old 08-17-2004, 03:37 AM   #122
IC
resident flamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy reality

as one last edit: it's funny when i listen to my solo i keep hearing the little two note bell part, and I'm like "did i add that?" but i'm just so used to hearing it my mind is adding it in for me, hearing it in my head, so to speak, it's pretty cool and a bit creepy.
on the drum track, I dont have a set of chimes or a digital trigger system set up but I played a few of the chime hits on the china cymbal. Best I could do for the situation. Maybe I'll go back and put like a flange or somethin on those hits..make em sound weird
08-17-2004, 12:57 PM

btw hr the end of schism is kick ass. just bring up the volume of the guitar playin the part, but still keep the slides. very cool man
Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #123
IC
resident flamer

btw hr the end of schism is kick ass. just bring up the volume of the guitar playin the part, but still keep the slides. very cool man
08-17-2004, 02:14 PM

He doesn't play in a different time signature. He plays in 5/8 cycle with the hat under a 5/4 overall with the snare and bass pedals. The snare hit comes on "5" of the 5/4 counting.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:14 PM   #124
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 430

He doesn't play in a different time signature. He plays in 5/8 cycle with the hat under a 5/4 overall with the snare and bass pedals. The snare hit comes on "5" of the 5/4 counting.
holy reality's Avatar holy reality
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM

okay.... lazy today.. took a nap instead of recorded.

i'm still not fucking happy with the results i have.... I've kept the solo you heard before... except i redid the building up part before the pickslides and made it more subtle and not so pervasive.... i also added some weird droning notes to it, etc.. did some cool stuff with that... i'd like to make it sound more synthy though.

the rest of it, well i managed to do the heavy part and get it down sounding okay, I'm not sure if the fast part is right, i'll probably re-try it a few times tomorrow.

the intro is totally fucked up and out of time.... have to re-do everything up to the heavy part.... i think everything after that is good.

the sliding notes before the ending are not good, still haven't really gotten those down though.

so i've made very little progress, but at least i set the fucking mixer up so that it's hella easy to re-record things and still stay in time.
www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality1
it's up if anyone is interested......

actually i'm probably gonna re-do everything except the heavy part, and the solo.
and yeah there are volume issues which i'll fix too... quite eays.

i still need to do the "synth" part.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-17-2004 at 02:25 PM..
Old 08-17-2004, 02:16 PM   #125
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

okay.... lazy today.. took a nap instead of recorded.

i'm still not fucking happy with the results i have.... I've kept the solo you heard before... except i redid the building up part before the pickslides and made it more subtle and not so pervasive.... i also added some weird droning notes to it, etc.. did some cool stuff with that... i'd like to make it sound more synthy though.

the rest of it, well i managed to do the heavy part and get it down sounding okay, I'm not sure if the fast part is right, i'll probably re-try it a few times tomorrow.

the intro is totally fucked up and out of time.... have to re-do everything up to the heavy part.... i think everything after that is good.

the sliding notes before the ending are not good, still haven't really gotten those down though.

so i've made very little progress, but at least i set the fucking mixer up so that it's hella easy to re-record things and still stay in time.
it's up if anyone is interested......

actually i'm probably gonna re-do everything except the heavy part, and the solo.
and yeah there are volume issues which i'll fix too... quite eays.

i still need to do the "synth" part.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-17-2004 at 02:25 PM..
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM

Re: TDN Tool Tribute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDN

Schism
Drums - InnerCombustion
Bass - EricMatthewLeavell
Guitar - Holy Reality

46&2
Drums - InnerCombustion
Guitar - Shade

Sorry Holy. I don't want to turn you into my errand boy, and I'm sure you wouldn't let me anyway.

I appreciate you posting that on TDN for me. I would be interested in doing the vocals for Schism and 46&2. Both of which I have experience covering live in one of my old bands. I'll do a stellar job at both songs.

I'm trying to think of a way cutting you out as middle man without actually registering at TDN so that you don't have to keep posting messages for me. If the mods hate me that much there's no use in me signing back up to banned again.

For now, I'm setting up a page on my website to communicate my intentions.

http://www.allonemind.com/toolcover.html

Hopefully that will allow me to circumvent using you as a middle man.
-All One Mind
(and it isn't any hassle for me except my god damn mother fucking connection sucks so much ass that like 25% of the time it's dsl and 75% of the time it's DOWN or worse than an 18k connection.... takes me like well, too long.. to just post.)
Old 08-17-2004, 02:27 PM   #126

Re: TDN Tool Tribute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDN

Schism
Drums - InnerCombustion
Guitar - Holy Reality

46&2
Drums - InnerCombustion
Guitar - Shade

Sorry Holy. I don't want to turn you into my errand boy, and I'm sure you wouldn't let me anyway.

I appreciate you posting that on TDN for me. I would be interested in doing the vocals for Schism and 46&2. Both of which I have experience covering live in one of my old bands. I'll do a stellar job at both songs.

I'm trying to think of a way cutting you out as middle man without actually registering at TDN so that you don't have to keep posting messages for me. If the mods hate me that much there's no use in me signing back up to banned again.

For now, I'm setting up a page on my website to communicate my intentions.

http://www.allonemind.com/toolcover.html

Hopefully that will allow me to circumvent using you as a middle man.
-All One Mind
(and it isn't any hassle for me except my god damn mother fucking connection sucks so much ass that like 25% of the time it's dsl and 75% of the time it's DOWN or worse than an 18k connection.... takes me like well, too long.. to just post.)
IC's Avatar IC
08-17-2004, 02:39 PM

cool man. I think we are well on our way to getting three songs goin. Any news on the bass end of things here?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #127
IC
resident flamer

cool man. I think we are well on our way to getting three songs goin. Any news on the bass end of things here?
08-17-2004, 04:42 PM

I can play about any Primus if anyone wants to. I'm just not in the mood to record Tool stuff in exact entirety -- about the only application I've found for it is sharpening a band through practice. On the other hand, Primus is very fun to play :)
Old 08-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #128
Level 7 - Loquacious

I can play about any Primus if anyone wants to. I'm just not in the mood to record Tool stuff in exact entirety -- about the only application I've found for it is sharpening a band through practice. On the other hand, Primus is very fun to play :)
OftenLost's Avatar OftenLost
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM

If anyone wants to do some Rush stuff, I'm down with the bass for it.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #129
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 703

If anyone wants to do some Rush stuff, I'm down with the bass for it.
IC's Avatar IC
08-17-2004, 06:33 PM

cool man. I'll only be able to check it out by 3:00 though so hopefully I'll check it out then
Old 08-17-2004, 06:33 PM   #130
IC
resident flamer

cool man. I'll only be able to check it out by 3:00 though so hopefully I'll check it out then
08-17-2004, 06:41 PM

yeah but you can always do what me and holy reality do- make an angelfire.com website. if its under 20mb, u can upload it there. just follow the steps
Old 08-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #131
IC
resident flamer

yeah but you can always do what me and holy reality do- make an angelfire.com website. if its under 20mb, u can upload it there. just follow the steps
08-17-2004, 06:45 PM

on a second thought, here- go to angelfire.com and go to log in and in the space put for the name:
/nj4/tdn
and the password
toolshed

then hit upload, get the file, and i'll put it up for download later
Old 08-17-2004, 06:45 PM   #132
IC
resident flamer

on a second thought, here- go to angelfire.com and go to log in and in the space put for the name:
/nj4/tdn
and the password
toolshed

then hit upload, get the file, and i'll put it up for download later
08-17-2004, 08:34 PM

46&2 sounds like molten honey on my fretless
Old 08-17-2004, 08:34 PM   #133
Level 7 - Loquacious

46&2 sounds like molten honey on my fretless
EricMatthewLeavell
08-17-2004, 11:56 PM

go for it then...
Old 08-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #134
Banned.

Bincount™: 23

go for it then...
Machiavelli70's Avatar Machiavelli70
08-18-2004, 10:42 AM

Heh, no, I was just commenting -- I don't really want a part in the Tool recording thing, for two reasons: 1) I don't have the equipment to record anything of good quality and 2) I think tribute albums should be original compositions, if not heavily modified remakes.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:42 AM   #135
Level 7 - Loquacious

Heh, no, I was just commenting -- I don't really want a part in the Tool recording thing, for two reasons: 1) I don't have the equipment to record anything of good quality and 2) I think tribute albums should be original compositions, if not heavily modified remakes.
IC's Avatar IC
08-18-2004, 12:37 PM

so then lets do primus and rush the same?

Dude I really do understand what you mean, but we need to take small steps. We're recording a bunch of different people scattered around 3 different continents. I would love to redo some stuff-as a matter of fact, we are in the proccess of redoing the patient. This process adds a few more steps though, so we are just laying down 3 songs regualarly, making sure we dont get ahead of ourselves. Then we can move on and redo some cooler stuff.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #136
IC
resident flamer

so then lets do primus and rush the same?

Dude I really do understand what you mean, but we need to take small steps. We're recording a bunch of different people scattered around 3 different continents. I would love to redo some stuff-as a matter of fact, we are in the proccess of redoing the patient. This process adds a few more steps though, so we are just laying down 3 songs regualarly, making sure we dont get ahead of ourselves. Then we can move on and redo some cooler stuff.
08-18-2004, 01:39 PM

well you can redo it as long as it still fits to the cd... ala my tinkering with the schism solo.

it's "done" by done I mean I don't want to do anymore today, and it kicks a hell of a lot of ass, as much as possible for my recording setup and amp.... and well there are only one or two flaws.

still never did the hammer-ons in the solo, those things piss me off but i should be able to put them in as a last touch if i really want to.

so I've got the format down, re-tracking problematic areas is easy but, fuck, i don't feel like dicking around with it much more, maybe some polishing/eqing tommorrow!

so just give me a listen and tell me what you like/don't like etc, if you want. the heavy part will sound "wrong" to you (at least it does to me) but it's actually 95% right, I added an extra note on accident but it still fits.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:39 PM   #137

well you can redo it as long as it still fits to the cd... ala my tinkering with the schism solo.

it's "done" by done I mean I don't want to do anymore today, and it kicks a hell of a lot of ass, as much as possible for my recording setup and amp.... and well there are only one or two flaws.

still never did the hammer-ons in the solo, those things piss me off but i should be able to put them in as a last touch if i really want to.

so I've got the format down, re-tracking problematic areas is easy but, fuck, i don't feel like dicking around with it much more, maybe some polishing/eqing tommorrow!

so just give me a listen and tell me what you like/don't like etc, if you want. the heavy part will sound "wrong" to you (at least it does to me) but it's actually 95% right, I added an extra note on accident but it still fits.
IC's Avatar IC
08-18-2004, 04:17 PM

thats so badass man
good job
Old 08-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #138
IC
resident flamer

thats so badass man
good job
08-18-2004, 04:32 PM

stinkfist? anyone wanna do it? come on...
Old 08-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #139
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

stinkfist? anyone wanna do it? come on...
IC's Avatar IC
08-18-2004, 04:33 PM

hey man. finnally you signed up..yeah I'll do stink fist. EML or DeviatedWolf wanna hit up basS?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:33 PM   #140
IC
resident flamer

hey man. finnally you signed up..yeah I'll do stink fist. EML or DeviatedWolf wanna hit up basS?
08-18-2004, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
good deal
Old 08-18-2004, 04:47 PM   #141
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
good deal
IC's Avatar IC
08-18-2004, 05:48 PM

first sign of progress-

I just layered my drum track with holyreality's guitar track.
take a gander: http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/tdn
Old 08-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #142
IC
resident flamer

first sign of progress-

I just layered my drum track with holyreality's guitar track.
take a gander: http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/tdn
08-18-2004, 06:52 PM

Holy, pretty good stuff. Some comments...

2:17 Min. - I think your last note of that riff is wrong. It should be on the third fret on the A string.

The Interlude Thingy - Sounds good, don't put the second guitar in there, because that's what the bass does, there's no reason to have the guitar do it to. It doesn't sound right. I don't have a whammy pedal, but I can still sort of simulate it.

5:25 - Why does the main guitar track get so quiet? and the pick scrapes get so loud? I like the pick scrapes, just make them a lot quieter, we don't want to over do it.

6:19 - Make your palm mutes less harmonic, and more muted... It sounds like shitty nu-metal, and it sounds like shitty solid state. Take some control of those palm mutes... make them thick and crunchy (with out modifying the sound after you record it, and i realize you have limits with the solid state, but you know what i mean, palm mute closer to the bridge, and don't touch the strings with your fretting hand. This goes for most of the palm muting in the rest of the song).

I think with those modifications, and yet slightly more work on rhythm it'll be near perfect. And yes, I'll get a recording of me soon... just with college and work I haven't had much time to work on it. But tomorrow I should be able to.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:52 PM   #143
Banned.

2:17 Min. - I think your last note of that riff is wrong. It should be on the third fret on the A string.

The Interlude Thingy - Sounds good, don't put the second guitar in there, because that's what the bass does, there's no reason to have the guitar do it to. It doesn't sound right. I don't have a whammy pedal, but I can still sort of simulate it.

5:25 - Why does the main guitar track get so quiet? and the pick scrapes get so loud? I like the pick scrapes, just make them a lot quieter, we don't want to over do it.

6:19 - Make your palm mutes less harmonic, and more muted... It sounds like shitty nu-metal, and it sounds like shitty solid state. Take some control of those palm mutes... make them thick and crunchy (with out modifying the sound after you record it, and i realize you have limits with the solid state, but you know what i mean, palm mute closer to the bridge, and don't touch the strings with your fretting hand. This goes for most of the palm muting in the rest of the song).

I think with those modifications, and yet slightly more work on rhythm it'll be near perfect. And yes, I'll get a recording of me soon... just with college and work I haven't had much time to work on it. But tomorrow I should be able to.
deviatedwolf625's Avatar deviatedwolf625
08-18-2004, 07:12 PM

I'll hit stinkfist up. I know the basic riff, and Richard (friend of mine who's a huge tool fan) and I always played it to warm up.

HR: listening now. here's my running commentary:

You REALLY need to practice that intro. Your triplets were out of time, again, but this time by not as wide of a margin. Otherwise, it's gettin better.

Dude, I HAVE a fretless bass, btw.

The open triplets sound good. its in tempo now. Groovin baybee ... key change is awesome. You do that part well at about 1:40.

Ok, that part at 2:20 sounds a little sloppy. Going back into the triplets, again, a little tempo swelling. Noticable, but only because I'm listening for it (and I've had to do a million and one takes of fake plastic trees, listening)

The interlude part, is awesome. I think it sounds good layered, w/ the pick scrapes. Leave the low note out, give the bass some room. if I were doing this line, I'd improvise thorugh most of this, because the guitar is just repeating a riff, and there aren't any vocals.

Ahh shit my vision's going psycho, been staring at a computer all day for work. JESUS I HATE COMPUTERS!

The delay is a good touch, but I think you can thinken it up a little and still have it sound good.

The palm mutes after the interlude are really good, but the triplet thing afterward is sloppy. Good end.

My two cents. I can't post any more tonight, my vision's going psycho.

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:12 PM   #144
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

I'll hit stinkfist up. I know the basic riff, and Richard (friend of mine who's a huge tool fan) and I always played it to warm up.

You REALLY need to practice that intro. Your triplets were out of time, again, but this time by not as wide of a margin. Otherwise, it's gettin better.

Dude, I HAVE a fretless bass, btw.

The open triplets sound good. its in tempo now. Groovin baybee ... key change is awesome. You do that part well at about 1:40.

Ok, that part at 2:20 sounds a little sloppy. Going back into the triplets, again, a little tempo swelling. Noticable, but only because I'm listening for it (and I've had to do a million and one takes of fake plastic trees, listening)

The interlude part, is awesome. I think it sounds good layered, w/ the pick scrapes. Leave the low note out, give the bass some room. if I were doing this line, I'd improvise thorugh most of this, because the guitar is just repeating a riff, and there aren't any vocals.

Ahh shit my vision's going psycho, been staring at a computer all day for work. JESUS I HATE COMPUTERS!

The delay is a good touch, but I think you can thinken it up a little and still have it sound good.

The palm mutes after the interlude are really good, but the triplet thing afterward is sloppy. Good end.

My two cents. I can't post any more tonight, my vision's going psycho.

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.
EricMatthewLeavell
08-18-2004, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviatedwolf625
The palm mutes after the interlude are really good, but the triplet thing afterward is sloppy.
I totally disagree...
Old 08-18-2004, 11:45 PM   #145
Banned.

Quote:
The palm mutes after the interlude are really good, but the triplet thing afterward is sloppy.
I totally disagree...
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 04:02 AM

Heres the thing-I think that end part is my fault. I must have rushed the floor tom stuff..but the weird thing is that it ends right. But there isnt much I can do from that point.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:02 AM   #146
IC
resident flamer

Heres the thing-I think that end part is my fault. I must have rushed the floor tom stuff..but the weird thing is that it ends right. But there isnt much I can do from that point.
08-19-2004, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMatthewLeavell

? It's a pinch harmonic and it's on the last note of the normal tripelt riff, i didn't doa pinch harmonic however and just bent it. I meant to track a ph over it... though, might do so.

Quote:
Second guitar? The "synth" that's all Adam man..... he plays it with his foot..... or do you mean the swelling chords? Or the dissonant notes matching his singing? I just thought they sounded pretty good, INCLUDING the bass (which i was listening to via official track at the time....)
Quote:
well I was dealing with an old solo take and I mean, when you're playing a solid state there is not much at all you can do with increasing the volume while playing louder... no real dynamics to it.. so.. I wanted the chords to be louder than the rest of it so I fucked with the tracks a little bit, it does sound kind of weird, I'm not sure if I can fix it without re-tracking but I"ll give it a look.
Quote:
That's how he plays it, mine might be a bit more sticking out but he totally has that wicky wicky pick scrapey nu-metal sound while he's playing it man.
Quote:
more work on rhythmn where in particular other than the beginning?
Quote:

Yeah I intend to re-do the intro.

Quote:
Going back into the triplets, again, a little tempo swelling. Noticable, but only because I'm listening for it (and I've had to do a million and one takes of fake plastic trees, listening)
I only notice this in the first one, I could do a copy and paste job and fix it but I'm not sure if I could get a "better" full take on that segment down.

Quote:
i guess so, it's sounds shitty and empty without it but i'll see what the bass can add to it..... i figured both would fit, as per my reply to Eric.

Quote:
no, there are only 2 knobs for adjusting the delay to my guitar, i don't want to put studio delay on it either..... this is about as good as it gets without being intrusive... plus adam's delay is barely noticeable, that's the way he usually plays.

Quote:
*grumble*

well I'll fuck around for an hour or so and see if I can polish things up.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMatthewLeavell

? It's a pinch harmonic and it's on the last note of the normal tripelt riff, i didn't doa pinch harmonic however and just bent it. I meant to track a ph over it... though, might do so.

Quote:
Second guitar? The "synth" that's all Adam man..... he plays it with his foot..... or do you mean the swelling chords? Or the dissonant notes matching his singing? I just thought they sounded pretty good, INCLUDING the bass (which i was listening to via official track at the time....)
Quote:
well I was dealing with an old solo take and I mean, when you're playing a solid state there is not much at all you can do with increasing the volume while playing louder... no real dynamics to it.. so.. I wanted the chords to be louder than the rest of it so I fucked with the tracks a little bit, it does sound kind of weird, I'm not sure if I can fix it without re-tracking but I"ll give it a look.
Quote:
That's how he plays it, mine might be a bit more sticking out but he totally has that wicky wicky pick scrapey nu-metal sound while he's playing it man.
Quote:
more work on rhythmn where in particular other than the beginning?
Quote:

Yeah I intend to re-do the intro.

Quote:
Going back into the triplets, again, a little tempo swelling. Noticable, but only because I'm listening for it (and I've had to do a million and one takes of fake plastic trees, listening)
I only notice this in the first one, I could do a copy and paste job and fix it but I'm not sure if I could get a "better" full take on that segment down.

Quote:
i guess so, it's sounds shitty and empty without it but i'll see what the bass can add to it..... i figured both would fit, as per my reply to Eric.

Quote:
no, there are only 2 knobs for adjusting the delay to my guitar, i don't want to put studio delay on it either..... this is about as good as it gets without being intrusive... plus adam's delay is barely noticeable, that's the way he usually plays.

Quote:
*grumble*

well I'll fuck around for an hour or so and see if I can polish things up.
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 12:18 PM

Im sorry about any problems at the end..I think I rushed the floor tom triplets..I cant really redo that without doin the whole track, and I cant do that for a while
Old 08-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #148
IC
resident flamer

Im sorry about any problems at the end..I think I rushed the floor tom triplets..I cant really redo that without doin the whole track, and I cant do that for a while
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM

okay i've got a new version up with the suggested improvements..

umm... i got the PMing to sound a lot better.... IMO.... the heavy part oh man, I sexed that up so hard... it was great... (sexed it up meaning it sounds faaaabulous) and umm.... well.... i fixed the volume issues in the solo

(it's now working if you had problems in the 3 minutes after uploading that i posted this.)

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #149

okay i've got a new version up with the suggested improvements..

umm... i got the PMing to sound a lot better.... IMO.... the heavy part oh man, I sexed that up so hard... it was great... (sexed it up meaning it sounds faaaabulous) and umm.... well.... i fixed the volume issues in the solo

(it's now working if you had problems in the 3 minutes after uploading that i posted this.)

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 01:52 PM..
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 01:57 PM

Im downloadin it now. I'll layer it with the drum track. Maybe I'll put some 'verb on those floor tom trips...lil coverin up. I'll post the layered version in a bit.

On an Edit***
no need to cover up any floor tom mistakes-there is none. I fixed timing problem at the end-what had happened was that when HR's layering came back in with the distortion, it was accidentally bumped a little ahead. There was a small space of silence, that once deleted, brought all the pieces back together. ..yep. It sounds great. I'll have it posted up in a second-converting formats

Last edited by IC; 08-19-2004 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #150
IC
resident flamer

Im downloadin it now. I'll layer it with the drum track. Maybe I'll put some 'verb on those floor tom trips...lil coverin up. I'll post the layered version in a bit.

On an Edit***
no need to cover up any floor tom mistakes-there is none. I fixed timing problem at the end-what had happened was that when HR's layering came back in with the distortion, it was accidentally bumped a little ahead. There was a small space of silence, that once deleted, brought all the pieces back together. ..yep. It sounds great. I'll have it posted up in a second-converting formats

Last edited by IC; 08-19-2004 at 02:17 PM..
Faaip De Oiad's Avatar Faaip De Oiad
08-19-2004, 02:34 PM

everything sounds great so far. Can't wait to hear the final product. If I had a mic, Id record the vocals in a heartbeat.

I tried to DL the guitar/drum overlay, but I get an error. Are you going to upload it again? Would like to hear it.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #151
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

everything sounds great so far. Can't wait to hear the final product. If I had a mic, Id record the vocals in a heartbeat.

I tried to DL the guitar/drum overlay, but I get an error. Are you going to upload it again? Would like to hear it.
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM

Heres the layed Schism cover on guitar and drums-
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/tdn
Old 08-19-2004, 02:37 PM   #152
IC
resident flamer

08-19-2004, 02:40 PM

Quote:

gracias
Old 08-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #153
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

gracias
08-19-2004, 02:44 PM

is that the current one with my current version?

I've tried to layer our tracks together but find that some parts seem right but then either the ending fits and the rest doesn't, or vice versa.... so maybe indeed there was a spacing problem! I mean it really pissed me off, I couldn't layer the tracks to save my life.... not that I know much about drumming though so that made it that much harder.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:44 PM   #154

is that the current one with my current version?

I've tried to layer our tracks together but find that some parts seem right but then either the ending fits and the rest doesn't, or vice versa.... so maybe indeed there was a spacing problem! I mean it really pissed me off, I couldn't layer the tracks to save my life.... not that I know much about drumming though so that made it that much harder.
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 03:18 PM

yeah, HR that is the currentist of current guitar tracks from you. Bad ass by the way haha

now we await ericml
where is he lately?
Old 08-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #155
IC
resident flamer

yeah, HR that is the currentist of current guitar tracks from you. Bad ass by the way haha

now we await ericml
where is he lately?
08-19-2004, 03:54 PM

there was a timing issue at the beginning, but all that'll take is HR practicing to it.

Very jawsome. Anyone wanna do Opeth covers while we're at it?

Old 08-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #156
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

there was a timing issue at the beginning, but all that'll take is HR practicing to it.

Very jawsome. Anyone wanna do Opeth covers while we're at it?

08-19-2004, 04:06 PM

now if my damn internet will speed up (stupid people playing Star Wars Galaxies) i look forward to downloading the drum synch...

yeah the first triplet in the intro is off like it always tends to be when I record, it wasn't really something where I felt needing to re-do it or a do a copy/paste job was necessary though..... the guitar is, or at least should be, at that point, not too audible in comparison to the bass, etc, it doesn't really take a "presence" until it goes unmuted.

i can fix it if it's a really big issue though..... i guess it'll be a while til we get the bass part in anyway so a reupload wouldn't hurt.

(and the reason why i as of yet have not been able to get a good take in with the damn intro is i always feel like i should rush into it for some reason.....)

oh and Deviated, I'll trade you Jesus for amanda_lynn, he's not living up to my expectations and adopting a chick from OK could always be benefical toward me.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #157

now if my damn internet will speed up (stupid people playing Star Wars Galaxies) i look forward to downloading the drum synch...

yeah the first triplet in the intro is off like it always tends to be when I record, it wasn't really something where I felt needing to re-do it or a do a copy/paste job was necessary though..... the guitar is, or at least should be, at that point, not too audible in comparison to the bass, etc, it doesn't really take a "presence" until it goes unmuted.

i can fix it if it's a really big issue though..... i guess it'll be a while til we get the bass part in anyway so a reupload wouldn't hurt.

(and the reason why i as of yet have not been able to get a good take in with the damn intro is i always feel like i should rush into it for some reason.....)

oh and Deviated, I'll trade you Jesus for amanda_lynn, he's not living up to my expectations and adopting a chick from OK could always be benefical toward me.

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 04:14 PM..
08-19-2004, 04:24 PM

so also, is anyone volunteering for stinkfist guitar? I don't know the song but it doesn't look too hard, I know the interlude..... it might be fun for me to do if no one else is volunteering for any guitar at all.

I'd like someone with some better skills/equipment to do a few songs though, and all... and for anyone that wants to contribute to have a chance to do something

Deviated are you doing the bass on stinkfist or guitar? Either is fine...

the drums sound great! I'm not sure if the heavy part seems right, is that how they are supposed to fit IC? and umm... are the drums in right speaker guitar in left? I think it is, or else i'm just like.... imagining things.....heh I guess you're just doing what I did so it's easier to see how they fit... *or not, hmm it seems normal but the guitar seems a bit balanced toward the left for some reason, odd... oh well..

sweetness anyways.

wtf the ending is not in the track, probably an issue with my damn connection not downloading the whole thing... arghhh....

okay does the whole part in between the sliding chords in the interlude sound bad to anyone else? like, with the drums, they don't really fit, I think I'm playing it right, I dunno, maybe it needs reverb? sounds kind of weird to me. i'm sorry for all these belated edits it's taking me forever to be able to load a page right now.

hmm I missed a note, it's kind of muted out... damn.. well.. . I'll take note of that and fix it tomorrow....

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #158

so also, is anyone volunteering for stinkfist guitar? I don't know the song but it doesn't look too hard, I know the interlude..... it might be fun for me to do if no one else is volunteering for any guitar at all.

I'd like someone with some better skills/equipment to do a few songs though, and all... and for anyone that wants to contribute to have a chance to do something

Deviated are you doing the bass on stinkfist or guitar? Either is fine...

the drums sound great! I'm not sure if the heavy part seems right, is that how they are supposed to fit IC? and umm... are the drums in right speaker guitar in left? I think it is, or else i'm just like.... imagining things.....heh I guess you're just doing what I did so it's easier to see how they fit... *or not, hmm it seems normal but the guitar seems a bit balanced toward the left for some reason, odd... oh well..

sweetness anyways.

wtf the ending is not in the track, probably an issue with my damn connection not downloading the whole thing... arghhh....

okay does the whole part in between the sliding chords in the interlude sound bad to anyone else? like, with the drums, they don't really fit, I think I'm playing it right, I dunno, maybe it needs reverb? sounds kind of weird to me. i'm sorry for all these belated edits it's taking me forever to be able to load a page right now.

hmm I missed a note, it's kind of muted out... damn.. well.. . I'll take note of that and fix it tomorrow....

Last edited by holy reality; 08-19-2004 at 04:40 PM..
IC's Avatar IC
08-19-2004, 05:13 PM

hm.. The heavy part, there is one time I mess up I think but I dont loose the time. In the regular hard parts I do some weird snare accents for flavor but they're in time.
also*-If u mean in the interlude the drums being the cymbals-thats prob messed up. I can mute that easily enough though.

stinkfist-my man gt25 volunteered for it, if thats ok. If all could welcome him, he's a good kid, and a good guitar player.

and..uh I think that covers it. Any other questions?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #159
IC
resident flamer

hm.. The heavy part, there is one time I mess up I think but I dont loose the time. In the regular hard parts I do some weird snare accents for flavor but they're in time.
also*-If u mean in the interlude the drums being the cymbals-thats prob messed up. I can mute that easily enough though.

stinkfist-my man gt25 volunteered for it, if thats ok. If all could welcome him, he's a good kid, and a good guitar player.

and..uh I think that covers it. Any other questions?
08-19-2004, 05:39 PM

alright then i'd like to unofficially give H a try then.. it's agood song too.

unless someone else is on it. (i don't really want to do 46 and 2..... )

and the drums sound good to me now.... upon second listen.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:39 PM   #160

alright then i'd like to unofficially give H a try then.. it's agood song too.

unless someone else is on it. (i don't really want to do 46 and 2..... )

and the drums sound good to me now.... upon second listen.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply