Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
Lateral Us's Avatar Lateral Us
04-16-2005, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
I appreciate this, and it would be very helpful, except what the hell song are you talking about lol ...schism? i dont read drum tabs very well- I have the sheet music for this but I had learned it by ear. But after reading over it I think i know what you mean. I coulnt tell origionally if that was the electric bass or the bass drum. There you go ;) other than that, is it too bad?
Yeh, sorry, thats for schism. Your timing is fine, the only thing i notice is certain areas of the song arent done in the right way, such as the one i mentioned above. What id reccomend, is downloading a demo version of a program called "Guitar Pro", then visit http://www.mysongbook.com/ and you can download tabs in a Guitar Pro format, so basically, you have the drums, bass, guitar and sometimes vocals tabbed out in one file and it plays the file using MIDI instruments, so you can isolate the drums and hear exactly whats being done, you can even slow it down, loop bars etc etc, its AWESOME for learning songs. I could email you the program, wich somehow keeps working after the demo period ;-), jus let me know, cos its not that big.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #361
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: Tribute to Tool Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
I appreciate this, and it would be very helpful, except what the hell song are you talking about lol ...schism? i dont read drum tabs very well- I have the sheet music for this but I had learned it by ear. But after reading over it I think i know what you mean. I coulnt tell origionally if that was the electric bass or the bass drum. There you go ;) other than that, is it too bad?
Yeh, sorry, thats for schism. Your timing is fine, the only thing i notice is certain areas of the song arent done in the right way, such as the one i mentioned above. What id reccomend, is downloading a demo version of a program called "Guitar Pro", then visit http://www.mysongbook.com/ and you can download tabs in a Guitar Pro format, so basically, you have the drums, bass, guitar and sometimes vocals tabbed out in one file and it plays the file using MIDI instruments, so you can isolate the drums and hear exactly whats being done, you can even slow it down, loop bars etc etc, its AWESOME for learning songs. I could email you the program, wich somehow keeps working after the demo period ;-), jus let me know, cos its not that big.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
IC's Avatar IC
04-16-2005, 09:10 AM

that is excent- im gonna look it up, email it to me if you can. [email protected]
Old 04-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #362
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

that is excent- im gonna look it up, email it to me if you can. [email protected]
05-09-2005, 02:24 AM

New member here :) *holds up shield*

Thread seems to be dying....but....

I'd love to do vocals for this project, if there's still a spot open. I don't have any recording equipment, just a desktop mic... But if you want me to record a demo, let me know which song.

I'm fine with most of the songs... a bit rough on Flood, thats about it I think. I need to get better aquainted with some of the lyrics to the others. And Lateralus would *not* be good for a demo, since the vocals are very dependent upon the instrumentals.

And....what's your setlist so far?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:24 AM   #363
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

New member here :) *holds up shield*

Thread seems to be dying....but....

I'd love to do vocals for this project, if there's still a spot open. I don't have any recording equipment, just a desktop mic... But if you want me to record a demo, let me know which song.

I'm fine with most of the songs... a bit rough on Flood, thats about it I think. I need to get better aquainted with some of the lyrics to the others. And Lateralus would *not* be good for a demo, since the vocals are very dependent upon the instrumentals.

And....what's your setlist so far?
IC's Avatar IC
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM

schism, H, parabola, 46 & 2 if memory serves. I think the instrumentals for schism are done..Holy or Me have that copy somewhere..so try doin that one
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 AM   #364
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

schism, H, parabola, 46 & 2 if memory serves. I think the instrumentals for schism are done..Holy or Me have that copy somewhere..so try doin that one
05-10-2005, 03:35 PM

Alright, I recorded a rough demo of my voice over the first half of Schism. I added a couple of two-voice tracks - not exactly the same as the original, but closer - because I wanted to experiment with the new mixing software I got... so where should I upload to?

BTW I don't think the Schism instrumentals are the completed version (no bass...), but we can easily mix that one in.

Do you have any other instrumental bits, for the other songs?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #365
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Alright, I recorded a rough demo of my voice over the first half of Schism. I added a couple of two-voice tracks - not exactly the same as the original, but closer - because I wanted to experiment with the new mixing software I got... so where should I upload to?

BTW I don't think the Schism instrumentals are the completed version (no bass...), but we can easily mix that one in.

Do you have any other instrumental bits, for the other songs?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply