opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/11/22 - Dublin, IRL - The Point

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/22 - Dublin, IRL - The Point

Setlist:

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot

<break - the band casually lounge around on stage>

Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

I way at the back up in the balcony. Saw a dude sitting in front of me get busted for have a video camera FOUR times, the last time he got pulled out and was gone for 10 minutes or so before coming back.

The sound was fairly brutal for Mastodon but the levels were very good for Tool. They took down a big Mastodon banner which revealed the back half of the stage and Danny's drums for Tool's set.

After either Jambi or Schism, Maynard said he had some good news and some bad news. He said Chancellor and Jones are English names but Carey and Keenan are Irish. That got a big cheer. Then he said "The bad news is, there is no bad news".

Before Ænema he said they'd be back in the summer and that Justin and Adam had agreed to a name change so that they'd come back all Irish!

Tool's set started bang on 9pm and finished at 10:45pm
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

just back from gig,savage night!tool were a1,sound,set,crowd and lights show were spot on!!!was looking forward to this gig sooooooooooooo much and it didnt disappoint one bit!!
was worried that the sound wouldnt be good but it was great.
thank you tool for the best gig in fuckin years,give anything to see them back soon!maynard said next summer!FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

THINK SCHISM WAS PROBABLY THE BEST SONG,HARD TO PICK ONLY ONE THOUGH.
HI TO A THE HEADS FROM DROGHEDA ON THE BUS...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

just back home. jesus. im still at a loss for words.
mastodon were amazing, brutally heavy, monstrous even.

but, then tool hit the stage, and completely WIPED the floor with them.
from the performance, to the lights, to well, EVERYTHING this was hands down the best live show i have ever experienced, and easily the best live tool show i have witnessed.

the sheer power this band brings to the fore is mindblowing. wings for marie was probably the most beautiful, intense musical experience of my life.

long live maynard james keenan, justin chancellor, adam jones and danny carey. you guys have enriched my life with this music you create. its been 10 years now since i started listening to tool, and it only gets better. and better.

heres to another 10! cheers.

setlist:

[in no particular order, cuz i can hardly think right now, nevermind remember exact details!].

stinkfist.
46 & 2.
jambi.
schism.
lost keys/rosetta stoned.
vicarious.
aenima.
lateralus.
wings for marie 1/2.
the pot.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Just home from drinks after the most incredible gig, possibly of all time.

Setlist was predicted fairly well obviously but it's a fantastic set when you see it. I was amazed that they avoided Undertow tracks completely. Sober would have been nice, but I wouldn't have substituted any of the songs they played for it.

And the band were so tight, so together for the whole thing. During the break between the first half and Wings, they all sat down together to one side and seemed like a really together bunch. And they had a big group hug after the gig ended. I think they realised it themselves that it was a truly spectacular performance. They should be proud. I reckon that the recording that was made at the sound desk will probably get put onto disc for sale at some point because I've seen Tool before, but the sound, the visuals and everything about how they were together was so spot on tonight, I doubt they'll forget it themselves.

I was VERY happy with "The Pot," which is one of those Tool songs I've always kinda been unsure about. I always loved the start and stuff but the song is WAY better live, it has a whole other feel to it. Amazing stuff.

There are no highlights from the gig though because it was all amazing. Right through from Stinkfist to Aenema. Every single song was amazing.

I think that Wings For Marie / 10,000 Days shocked a lot of the audience at how powerful it really is and it was perfect, absolutely amazing. The place erupted for Aenema. A truly Irish crowd tonight! And Schism is so amazing now with the fast part towards the end! And I will end on another good note: Lateralus is STILL the best live song ever. Ever!

I wish I was going to the gig again tomorrow. Amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
JDK
Level 1 - Lurker

what a fuckin night thats all im gonna say. If ya werent there, ya missed out. Just home now, fucked tired, feet soakin wet. and as i was just takin a slug off my 2litre ballygown i just spilt it all over my face. now my bed is soaked. worth it though. good night!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #9
the moose is loose

Bincount™: 7462

Wow I was totally amazed by the whole set last night.. everything was tight, the choice of songs weren't there ones I would choose but saying that, while standing watching the band play I was totally in awe.

The light show and the visual side of the gig was something else.. I really thought the lasers during the set were a nice touch.

The only down side was hearing people complain that the band didn't play this and the band don't seem to get into the songs.. what the fuck is wrong with these people? To be honest a lot of the time I didn't think about the band playing in front of me.. I was watching the images and listening to the music.

The other thing Maynard said at the end of the set was "See you guys next summer when hopefully Adam and Justin will have more Irish sounding names".

This was definately one of the better times I've seen Tool.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Before 10,000 days Maynard said that today would have been Judith Marie's birthday.
I'm sure he was also wearing black arm bands.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 03:31 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

This was amazing, best Tool gig I have seen and lights were fantastic. The way it started from nothing for stinkfist and climaxed right at aenima!
But Wings For Marie witnessed live in person is the most powerful thing I have seen at any point in my life! I stood in aw of the stage, the band, the lights, the lasers and lighters! Happy birthday Judith I hope we did you proud!
And breath that reeked....
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 05:15 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

The gig was amazing!definately didn't disappoint!
I have to mention this... I was walking through temple bar after a few drinks and who did i bump into? the one and only ADAM JONES! just thanked him for a great gig and he was really cool.what a man!
What a night!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

that was one motherfuckning amazing gig
seen them in June this year, but this was even better...right up at the barrier behind the pit and i'm slightly bruised this morning...but fuck yeah.... it was way more then I expected it to be

and they're coming back!!! yay!!!

great show
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Hey Y'all great fuckin gig, I was front row centre and I caught danny's bottle of gatorade, so I got some of danny's saliva in me YESSSS!! If anyone has any pictures or videos of the show could they please upload them and give a link here. Thanks!
Women have this wierd myth that you can tell how good a guy is in bed by how he is on the dance floor. I think that's ludicrus. What does it matter anyway? If a guy's on a dancefloor really gettin' into it and enjoying himself and expressing himself, what does it matter how he is in bed.......... he's gay!! - Bill Hicks
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

the sound was great last night. maynard came out with his gasmask on but quickly got rid.

10000 days is incredible live
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Basically I'm going to repeat whats been said already but last night was fantastic. The crowd, sound and visuals were ace. Tool were amazing especially Danny, nearly creamed myself a few times watching him. Shame about the weather and the tight security, but fuckit probably the best concert I have ever seen.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

FUH-KIN HELL
best night ever

just woke up

theres little more that can be said without understating it

There is no bad news
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 08:30 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleytom View Post
Do anyone know if that was a video camera on a tripod bang in the middle of the soundboard area?
i think it was one of the lasers.

anyways, the sound was horrible for Mastodon and i think i might have gotten permanent hearing damage on my right ear. as for their music, seemed alright from what i could hear.

now Tool, they were absolutely brilliant. everything was top banana, sound, lights,visuals and lasers. they all seemed to have been on top of their game and thought even that Maynard was in a good mood. Wings was breathtaking along with the rest of the show.
AWESOME!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Security was very tight, especially with cameras. taken off people before the entered.

Mastodons sound was a bit muffled and muddy. bass was high and guitar and vocals seems a bit too low.Their large banner was great though. But I found it hard to get into them mainly due to sound quality I think.

Tool were amazing though. everything. Lasers and lighting were brilliant.
Their sound was perfect. I only wish more of us could sing properly cause at times I couldnt even hear maynard ;) Also could have been my position, far left of ground floor just before large cardboard wall.
One of my favourite parts was the sea of lighters when the guys where sitting on stage before wings,it looked amazing.

Cant wait to see them again!!
(they must have made a crap load from selling all that merch! ;) )
Old 11-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleytom View Post
Do anyone know if that was a video camera on a tripod bang in the middle of the soundboard area?
could of been
we saw posters saying part of the show was being recorded.

As for the security, it's a tool thing, they specifically request that people dont take pictures, it was the same when i saw them in june. Some of the security were assholes though and were trying to take peoples phones off of them and going around screaming at people "they dont want photos they dont want photos!!"

awesome show though.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Astonishing. My 1st Tool gig(hopefully not the last) and I have to say they exceeded all my expectations. Nothing really to add. Just perfect.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme View Post
could of been
we saw posters saying part of the show was being recorded.

As for the security, it's a tool thing, they specifically request that people dont take pictures, it was the same when i saw them in june. Some of the security were assholes though and were trying to take peoples phones off of them and going around screaming at people "they dont want photos they dont want photos!!"

awesome show though.
yeah the security in the point are mostly wankers. i know a couple of the lads from doing some photography in the past. but even while knowing them, they still end up going on a power trip.

its mainly maynard that doesnt dig photos.
a guy i know was taking pictures of a perfect circle, he had to sign a contract, whereby, he was only allowed to take pics during the first 3 songs, and that if he used a flash, maynard was allowed to throw a bottle of water at him.

lol.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Thought Mastodon weren't great really, heard some of their stuff and gave them a chance live, but was pretty bored really...

This was my second time seeing Tool, I saw them at Download in June and I think they played miles better even although I was quite impressed the first time! I danced like a maniac for the whole thing after queuing since about 1 or 2pm, I still had the energy somehow, worth the wait also! Had a great view where I was and room to move. At the end when the band were applauding and making the rock on sign at the audience I got two people to lift me up and made the peace sign... Don't know if it was coincidence or not but Maynard made the peace sign right after (it's totally a better sign). Sound was incredible, visuals, everything. Only complaint is when Maynard mentioned Judith Maries birthday some inbeciles behind me somewhere started (drunkenly it seemed) to sing happy birthday... *flinch* Saw Maynard shake his head at that, hope you can't hear it on the recording :\ Lazers were more amazing than I expected.
I wasn't mad into 10,000 days when it came out but since Download I enjoyed it and now I like it even more... Well done to the band! Look forward to next summer.

Last edited by tangent; 11-23-2006 at 11:16 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

What a night, what a band, what is that fluid coming out of my ears?

i was positioned right in front of the kick drum amp, but despite the tinnus and the sore throat it was a great night and i'm sure satisfied the hunger of the many tool fans longing to hear/see their heroes.

at one point, i tried to get a photo of justin, when security stopped me he roared something like: "you can't take photos,...... something....... blah! ........book." In my deafened state, i might be way off exactly what he said, but there was a "book" in there somewhere. if anyone has any info on a book: pm me.

halfway through the set, the band just kinda took 5. it was really cool to see how they interact and after all this time they still get along and have a laugh together, well, from what i could see.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #25
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

can't add much to what's already been said, top fucking night. Tool were on top form, absolutely amazing. got completely soaked on the way but it didn't matter. can't believe adam was in temple bar, we were drinking there for a while afterwards - GUTTED!!

fucking spot on night
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent View Post
Thought Mastodon weren't great really, heard some of their stuff and gave them a chance live, but was pretty bored really...

This was my second time seeing Tool, I saw them at Download in June and I think they played miles better even although I was quite impressed the first time! I danced like a maniac for the whole thing after queuing since about 1 or 2pm, I still had the energy somehow, worth the wait also! Had a great view where I was and room to move. At the end when the band were applauding and making the rock on sign at the audience I got two people to lift me up and made the peace sign... Don't know if it was coincidence or not but Maynard made the peace sign right after (it's totally a better sign). Sound was incredible, visuals, everything. Only complaint is when Maynard mentioned Judith Maries birthday some inbeciles behind me somewhere started (drunkenly it seemed) to sing happy birthday... *flinch* Saw Maynard shake his head at that, hope you can't hear it on the recording :\ Lazers were more amazing than I expected.
I wasn't mad into 10,000 days when it came out but since Download I enjoyed it and now I like it even more... Well done to the band! Look forward to next summer.
I enjoyed them much more at download. I was dissapointed in the Dublin show because:

A) The crowd were drunk, obnoxious, tall and very hair for the most part. They did things like TALK OVER 10,000 days! and wave their long, greasy hair in my face.

B)the Security SUCKED even more. Bunch of cunts. I got sick of watching fucking security guys walk through the crowd, unbelieveable. I'd be watching the show then some cunt would shine a torch right next to me. Highly fucked up.

C) The sound seemed alittle off at times(I think it was the venue). At download it was crystal clear from the very beginning.

D)It took a fucking age to get in because of those cunts taking the cameras.

E)Less Maynard jokes, although the one he did was golden.

Funny how all these negative things are completely out of the bands hands, isn't it?

Tool rocked. All the fills were perfect, the 46&2 solo kicked my ass, the Jambi solo owned. Maynard sang NOTE PERFECT! Most of the songs completely blew me away, but c'mon, clapping during wings for marie? Get a grip!

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveboat Captain View Post

A) The crowd were drunk, obnoxious, tall and very hair for the most part. They did things like TALK OVER 10,000 days! and wave their long, greasy hair in my face.

B)the Security SUCKED even more. Bunch of cunts. I got sick of watching fucking security guys walk through the crowd, unbelieveable. I'd be watching the show then some cunt would shine a torch right next to me. Highly fucked up.

C) The sound seemed alittle off at times(I think it was the venue). At download it was crystal clear from the very beginning.

D)It took a fucking age to get in because of those cunts taking the cameras.

E)Less Maynard jokes, although the one he did was golden.
!

Meh, I wouldn't let any of that ruin it for me, the sound was okay for me because I was quite close to the front but yes some cheering for wings for marie I did hear and thought was a bit silly and unesscessary...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing gig, my first TOOL gig and honestly I don't think any gig by any band could ever beat that experience.

Got a few terrible quality videos uploaded, should be able to play them in Quicktime.

Mastodon: http://www.digital-boredom.com/oorchido/MOV00007.3gp

Stinkfist: http://www.digital-boredom.com/oorchido/MOV00009.3gp

Schism: http://www.digital-boredom.com/oorchido/MOV00011.3gp

The Irish talking bit: http://www.digital-boredom.com/oorchido/MOV00010.3gp
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Fucking amazing show. Still in awe at how good it was.

The only negative; Security were the biggest bunch of power tripping assholes I've ever came across.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 04:04 AM   #30
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 87

I think the general consensus seems to be that it was an amazing show. I'm not going to challenge that. If you had shown me the setlist before the gig I don't think I would have been impressed, same old stuff etc,etc. However in the heat of the moment it didn't matter a damn. When they kicked off with Stinkfist I wasn't thinking "ah not stinkfist again". It was more "fucking stinkfist, I LOVE THAT SONG!" I really don't have any complaints about what they played, sure some older stuff would have been lovely, but what they did play was killer.
The sound from were I was standing(15 feet away from Adam Jones) was good, ocassionally Maynards vocals seemed to get lost but they always came back. Visuals were amazing. The lasers during the second part of the show were just top-bananna, I had to rub my eyes a few times in disbelief.
However despite what Maynard said, there was some bad news. The security were complete over-zealous pricks, on Tools orders. I took lots of photos during Mastodons set and I didn't get assualted or a flashlight up my anus. Once Tool came on stadge, it all changed. I had the perfect shot during the vocoder solo in Jambi but couldn't take it because my camera would have been swiped. I know the band doesn't like photos being taken, I don't think it's very big of them. I've listened to Tool for over five years, given them lots of money, paid sixty quid for a ticket. I want to take photographs to have something unique of the experience that isn't a t-shirt, I' m not trying to nick anybodys ideas. If the fans want to take photos let them take them. With all the visuals,lasers,smoke and Maynards shades saying flash photos put them off is just ridiculous.
Some of the people, in fact a lot of them, up near the front only seemed to care when a song from 10000 days was played, strange....
Okay my whining is done, excellent show despite the faults, which weren't performance related, I'd go again tomorrow if I could.
Lets just hope they happen to be true to their word about returning.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:28 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool gig and I loved it, I'm still on a high from it. Must say all the tool fans were very friendly but some of the Mastodon fans were pissing me off by saying tool should bo opening for Mastodon some of them were a little too drunk as well. The sound was shit for Mastodon, but tool sounded great. Maynard said that all the band will change their names to something irish for next time their in ireland, he got some boo's when he said england (not the right country name to drop in at the point) but recovered well, not even sure if some people knew what he was saying about england but booed anyway. Liked when everyone broke out the lighters very rock and roll. The lighting and affects perfect. hope to see tool in the new year and hope they come back next summer like Maynard said.

P.S. If Tool want to be Irish change the Band name to Mc Tool or even O' Tool.
then again maybe not.

GO TOOL!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 05:14 AM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

My second Tool show as i went to the 'warm up' show in June at Glasgow. It was pretty shit compared to this one. Even though i had a much closer and better view of the band then. First off, Mastodon were every bit as shit as i thought they'd be. Pushed my earplugs in extra much for them....

Tool were perfect, though Adam seemed to screw up a couple of times but who cares. The seating position was crap, way too far back and too low. All i could see were mobiles, camcorder from the middle and dickheads jumping around when they're supposed to be sitting. There was easily a couple of hundred people recording with their phones, as soon as wings for marie came on, i decided to get the phone out and got busted within 15 secs!! Damn security...

The setlist was great! The screens and lighting were amazing, esp the lasers! Maynard seemed to be in a good mood and was spot on with every note...Didn't get seeing much of Danny cause he was way in the back, shoulda brought binoculars :P

Can't wait for the next show, think i'll get a standing ticket for that one!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my fourth Tool gig and I reckon it was the best. Saw them in Glasgow and it was class but didn't compare to the Point at all. Incredible light show, great setlist-highlights for me were Wings for Marie and The Pot as it was the first time I had heard them live. The sound was great from my spot.
Seats were great, front row centre, balcony. Have had standing tickets to previous gigs but as mentioned by a few people, drunken metal fans can be irritating. This happens at any heavy gigs, there's always the hairy contingent that view a gig as an excuse to get hammered mid week and beat each other up. It can't be helped unfortunately. Hence, balcony!
I feel sorry for those whose cameras and phones were confiscated as I could see clearly that there were hundreds of phones etc being used. They were flashing all night. Saying that I think that if four people are gonna get up and put 100% into entertaining a crowd, then they can pretty much demand what they want. The show those guys put on should be enough. The thought of taking a photo didn't cross my mind, I was completely mesmerised by the band.
Tool, legend! See you next time.

P.S. Mastodon weren't bad, they just don't have the levels of contrast. Everything played at the same tempo, this tempo being loud and fast. Nuff said.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

i was in the pit near the railing and it was pretty calm. maybe there was more pushing and fooling about near the stage, but from where i was standing it was good view of the whole stage and the people around me were just as awed as me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmylou View Post
The thought of taking a photo didn't cross my mind, I was completely mesmerised by the band.
Tool, legend! See you next time.
The thought of taking a photo never actually crossed my mind either! I think it ruins it a bit to start trying to take photos when you should be enjoying the experience anyway, also seeing about 50-100 phones flashing around you is a bit distracting but not complaining, didn't ruin it for me!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #36
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or if it was just me being irritable, but there were a fuckload of people talking constantly throughout the gig about the most inane shite like jobs and promotions and shit, I don't understand why people pay money to see a band to do something they could do for free in the pub.

grr.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

yeah takin pics slipped my mind, took one on my phone tho and it turned out really trippy, maynards outline in the back ground and the lazers around him like a cage

or maybe its a green blob

shut up

best band ever
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #38
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdude View Post
I don't know if anyone else noticed this or if it was just me being irritable, but there were a fuckload of people talking constantly throughout the gig about the most inane shite like jobs and promotions and shit, I don't understand why people pay money to see a band to do something they could do for free in the pub.

grr.
I felt the same. Most of it was during 10,000 days. Pissed me off a great deal.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

1st time seeing tool live,fucking mindblowing stuff.everything about the show was perfect from the sound to the lights.I was standing in about the middle of arena and didnt have the greatest of views but this was still unable to spoil the greatest concert ive been to.I saw pearl jam in same venue a few months ago but tool were so much better its untrue,even my mate who was with me at both concerts who is a massive pearl jam fan but not so much tool admitted that tool wiped the floor with them.Highlights were when the band came out(what was the deal with maynards bright orange hoodie) and kicked into stinkfist,the place fucking exploded,the pot,wings,and of course lateralus.I just couldnt take my eyes of maynard(im straight by the way) but its just the way he dances and moves to the music is almost hypnotic.Is this the way he performed during the lateralus tour or is it a new thing? He certainly puts on a show.My mate also thought he was a class act and admitted that the sheer energy and excitement this band builds up before and during the show was like no other concert he'd been to
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

My second show on this tour. First was Rotterdam and this show was far better. The sound was loud, crisp and clear whereas Mastodon sounded like they were playing through a blown subwoofer. The addition of Wings/10K Days was great and the crowd was much more into the show. The no smoking policy allowed Maynard to go mask free which improved the vocals significantly and the overall sound was better than in Rotterdam. The security was over the top and obtrusive. They should do their job without distracting from the show. Most are cop wannabes and get off on the power trip....too bad, as that was the only negative I can cite from this show. The highlight was the sea of fans that erupted for Aenima. On to London tomorrow for the finale of my Winter tour trifecta. Would love to hear Parabola but will be happy if I get any variation from the two shows seen thus far.

Last edited by Surrey Tool; 11-26-2006 at 07:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: