Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
200L's Avatar 200L
09-25-2010, 11:42 PM

"Imagine, therefore, what you may never have seriously imagined before. Imagine what would happen if the UFOs were to appear. Imagine a spaceship of the close encounters of the third kind variety suddenly appearing in orbit around the Earth. Television and mass media would carry its image to every man, woman and child on the planet. Governments would be paralyzed. Science would be helpless to explain where it came from or how it got here. Millenarian hysteria would break out everywhere. The UFO would be hailed as savior and denounced as Antichrist. The end of the world would appear imminent, and all this would occur before the contact was more than a visual image. Then the UFO would begin its revelation. Vast displays of beneficent power can be expected. Perhaps it would mysteriously neutralize all weapons of mass destruction, or it might use some sort of ray to cure all terrestrial cancer. Whatever it does one may be sure that its actions will be impressive. Its actions will convert millions to the UFO religion in a space of hours. Indeed, its actions will be specifically designed to overwhelm us with the reality of its power and presence. That will close the first stage of the revelation.

The second stage will be the teachings. Telepathically imparted, the specifics of the teachings cannot be anticipated, but they will urge love, voluntary simplicity, concern for one another, renunciation of war, perhaps renunciation of the destructive application of science. Whatever the teachings, the UFO will promise immense reward to those who follow them and dire consequences for those who do not. And the teachings will be delivered in so poetically perfect a way, so rich in understanding and appealing nuances that no one will doubt their origin in a being wise and good and immensely superior to ourselves. The delivery of the teachings will set the stage for the third and last and most shocking phase of the revelation: the departure."

I will elaborate later.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26
Mckenna

"Imagine, therefore, what you may never have seriously imagined before. Imagine what would happen if the UFOs were to appear. Imagine a spaceship of the close encounters of the third kind variety suddenly appearing in orbit around the Earth. Television and mass media would carry its image to every man, woman and child on the planet. Governments would be paralyzed. Science would be helpless to explain where it came from or how it got here. Millenarian hysteria would break out everywhere. The UFO would be hailed as savior and denounced as Antichrist. The end of the world would appear imminent, and all this would occur before the contact was more than a visual image. Then the UFO would begin its revelation. Vast displays of beneficent power can be expected. Perhaps it would mysteriously neutralize all weapons of mass destruction, or it might use some sort of ray to cure all terrestrial cancer. Whatever it does one may be sure that its actions will be impressive. Its actions will convert millions to the UFO religion in a space of hours. Indeed, its actions will be specifically designed to overwhelm us with the reality of its power and presence. That will close the first stage of the revelation.

The second stage will be the teachings. Telepathically imparted, the specifics of the teachings cannot be anticipated, but they will urge love, voluntary simplicity, concern for one another, renunciation of war, perhaps renunciation of the destructive application of science. Whatever the teachings, the UFO will promise immense reward to those who follow them and dire consequences for those who do not. And the teachings will be delivered in so poetically perfect a way, so rich in understanding and appealing nuances that no one will doubt their origin in a being wise and good and immensely superior to ourselves. The delivery of the teachings will set the stage for the third and last and most shocking phase of the revelation: the departure."

I will elaborate later.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
09-28-2010, 09:46 AM

You've been watching far too much Tv; there's an entire world outside that little basement bedroom ya' know
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Mckenna

You've been watching far too much Tv; there's an entire world outside that little basement bedroom ya' know
09-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Still waiting for you to elaborate. McKenna's a genius.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Still waiting for you to elaborate. McKenna's a genius.
09-29-2010, 10:44 PM

"Whatever the teachings, the UFO will promise immense reward to those who follow them and dire consequences for those who do not."

Be patient.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

"Whatever the teachings, the UFO will promise immense reward to those who follow them and dire consequences for those who do not."

Be patient.
09-30-2010, 10:44 AM

Terrence McKenna = really smart guy, did a lot of drugs, had a lot of zany ideas. As far as books go, I reccomend the Archaic Revival. Its a collection of interviews, very interesting.

Never quite understood McKenna's concept of "Alien Love", or anything he had to say about UFOs.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Terrence McKenna = really smart guy, did a lot of drugs, had a lot of zany ideas. As far as books go, I reccomend the Archaic Revival. Its a collection of interviews, very interesting.

Never quite understood McKenna's concept of "Alien Love", or anything he had to say about UFOs.
12-30-2011, 09:57 AM

ummm obvious parallels to God and the Bible. Mckenna perhaps believed aliens were the origin?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

ummm obvious parallels to God and the Bible. Mckenna perhaps believed aliens were the origin?
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlMRiVGfONU

i like how he sees mushrooms as an evolved alien species.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

Lateralareallofus's Avatar Lateralareallofus
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM

asisco. the departure will be discussed in the next tool album. what are people gonna do when the aliens leave? thats the real test.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

asisco. the departure will be discussed in the next tool album. what are people gonna do when the aliens leave? thats the real test.
Croma
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

Thats cool! Bill Hicks talked about evolution through hallcinogens and Alex Grey touched on it in his painting "Origin of Language"
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

Thats cool! Bill Hicks talked about evolution through hallcinogens and Alex Grey touched on it in his painting "Origin of Language"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply