Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
shly's Avatar shly
04-09-2007, 03:53 AM

This is an excerpt from a book I've read called "The Spiritual Practices of the Ninja" by Ross Heaven. pp 162-163.

"Just as the kami-dama is a shrine and not a shelf, the mesa is an altar rather than a table. On it are arranged artes (natural and common objects, such as shells, rocks, flowers, swords, torches, statues, dolls, etc.), all of which have a sacred or symbolic content. The way these objects are arranged is significant, as they represent the forces of nature and the cosmos. When a maestro (master) of the mesa moves any of these items, he influences nature itself. The mesa has three areas to it: the campo ganadero (field of the dark) on the left, the campo justicero (field of justice, or filed of light) on the right, and the campo medio (middle or neutral field), which is the place of balance at the centre. By working with these forces and moving the artes between fields, the maestro assists his client to identify the things that are causing disharmony or fatigue in her life and to re-establish balance and order.
This is regarded as spiritual work. But there is a psychological or strategic aspect to it as well, which is that it gives the client an action plan for the future, enabling her to conserve her energies against fatigue by focusing on those things she really needs to do to achieve her goals, and avoid the things that distract her."
He's not wrong as well so you can
Point that fuckin' mouse on 'cancel'.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2
Mesa Nortena

This is an excerpt from a book I've read called "The Spiritual Practices of the Ninja" by Ross Heaven. pp 162-163.

"Just as the kami-dama is a shrine and not a shelf, the mesa is an altar rather than a table. On it are arranged artes (natural and common objects, such as shells, rocks, flowers, swords, torches, statues, dolls, etc.), all of which have a sacred or symbolic content. The way these objects are arranged is significant, as they represent the forces of nature and the cosmos. When a maestro (master) of the mesa moves any of these items, he influences nature itself. The mesa has three areas to it: the campo ganadero (field of the dark) on the left, the campo justicero (field of justice, or filed of light) on the right, and the campo medio (middle or neutral field), which is the place of balance at the centre. By working with these forces and moving the artes between fields, the maestro assists his client to identify the things that are causing disharmony or fatigue in her life and to re-establish balance and order.
This is regarded as spiritual work. But there is a psychological or strategic aspect to it as well, which is that it gives the client an action plan for the future, enabling her to conserve her energies against fatigue by focusing on those things she really needs to do to achieve her goals, and avoid the things that distract her."
He's not wrong as well so you can
Point that fuckin' mouse on 'cancel'.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply