opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 12-16-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Parabol/a - The Grudge Synch

Anyone here has synched the Parabol/a video with The Grudge, I did it and I thought it was an interesting fit... try it out, I wont give any opinions so you will see it with an opne mind...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
X

Bincount™: 746
Changes are what makes us human

Havent tried the Grudge/Parabola yet. Has anyone tried watching the video of Stinkfist to the music of the song Opiate? Or the song Undertow? Try it out! I think Opiate could actually make sense to the video of Stinkfist.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
i think this is because of the artistic, deep quality of tool's video work. like a piece of modern sculpture that is given form and reference by the viewer, tool's videos give us what we put into them. think of the videos not as made for the song, but made because of the message of the song. that is why they can be cross-synched, often producing original results. the videos cause the songs to "mutate" so to speak. maybe try a song outside of tool's repetoire but of similar philosophy and combine it with one of tool's videos. i think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Anyone have any suggestions about where to start the song in relation to the video, whether to fast forward through the drill noise, ect? This seems like it would be an interesting match.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:10 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

the sync is ridiculous
tool is ridiculous

i dont know if its because im very stoned or not but i like the video more with the grudge, it fits TOO EASILY

its TOO MUCH

why does it fit so well?
why?
Old 02-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by xifeelphreex
Anyone have any suggestions about where to start the song in relation to the video, whether to fast forward through the drill noise, ect? This seems like it would be an interesting match.
Just start both the song and the video at the same time. The song will end when Tricky picks up the leaf, it's a no brainer.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

HOLY SHIT! That is incredible. Not only does the Grudge fit, Eon Blue Apocolypse and the first few seconds of The Patient go perfectly as well. DO NOT skip the noise in the begining, it is there with good reason! Adam Jones is... gah! Amazing!
Old 03-12-2003, 12:32 PM   #8

double post

Last edited by Quetzocoatl; 03-12-2003 at 12:35 PM..
Old 03-14-2003, 08:49 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

I dont see it to be fair. The only coincidal points I saw were:

1) The beginning, with the cog thingies, sounds much better to the beginning of the grudge.

2) Tricky lets go of the rock at the same time as maynard sings "let go, let go"

3) The leaf glows bright just as Eon starts.

But there are bound to be coincidences with the videos and timings, no matter what song you play. (I played one disturbed video to the music of another single, and it fit perfectly. although this is probably due to Disturbed's rigid formula more than anything)

I think if tool had meant for the video to be synced with The Grudge, then Tricky would have screamed at the same time as maynard does - that would have been class...
Old 03-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #10

Quote:
I think if tool had meant for the video to be synced with The Grudge, then Tricky would have screamed at the same time as maynard does - that would have been class...
I think he does, at least I seem to remember that he closes his mouth at the same time as Maynard stops screaming.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:00 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
I'm sure the video is cool with The Grudge, but look at how well it syncs with Parabol/Parabola. I can't see it syncing better with any other song. That's just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:06 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Well, well, well... It paid off that I didn't point out any coincidences I saw with this synch, because you listed them out. And Quetzalcoatl (my fellow Mexican!) responded prefectly about the screaming part, I noticed that too and it freaked me out... I need to leave Eon Blue the next time I see it, I hadn't tried that... Thanks for your input guys!

Peace!
Old 04-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Why is the odd man with the fleshy tendrils protruding from his brow known as "Tricky"?
Old 04-15-2003, 09:10 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Because that's his name. Try a Google search for Tricky if you wish to know more about him, he is a great musician. Also, he opened for Tool during Oct.-Nov. 2001 on the Lateralus tour.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:02 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 360
Re: Parabol/a - The Grudge Synch

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic. I've been meaning to post for a long time, but never quite got around to it.
I remember reading this thread way before I registered and trying it out, only to be underwhelmed.
I did, however, noticed that Tricky develops a third eye at roughly the same time as the first "Prying Open My Third Eye"-athon starts in Third Eye.
So, I tried synhcing the video with Third Eye.

Try it, I think it works better than The Grudge - especially the bit where Tricky destroys that stone tablet, timed perfectly with the drumbeats.
And, yes, the third-eye prying is perfectly synched, as is the way Third Eye winds down as the video ends...
There's all sorts of cool stuff (Tricky's scream is made especially weird) in there.

Don't automatically dismiss this before you try it - it really is the coolest sync everer.

Last edited by dischordance; 01-08-2004 at 08:06 PM..
Old 01-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #16
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

darkside of the moon = wizard of oz
Old 01-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 154

Tool is kind of a face which is like an opal. It looks completely different from different perspectives yet its the same thing, and it can be viewed uniquely in infinite ways with the image always being beautiful and complex
Old 01-14-2004, 02:04 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 154

god that is sooooooo well known...please!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:47 AM   #19

Bincount™: 6

Interesting discovery. I think its pretty coincidential tho. It does seem pretty freaky that some things seem to fit in exactly, but there are other points in the song which I believe makes it obvious it wasn't meant. Still, we never know. What I think is pretty good is when he's disecting the little guy and its saying "let go let go let go" meaning "let go and... well go" if you know what i mean.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:58 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

You sould really try it with Reflection rather than The Grudge. When he throws the slab Danny hits a cymbal as the stone hits the ground. It works a LOT better than The Grudge.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: