Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Kaoticz
07-13-2006, 07:44 AM

For me, it would have to be Right in Two. I never really took the time to listen to the lyrics and pay attention to the music. When I first heard it, it bored me...even more so than Rosetta Stoned. The build up from the "bongo" part is amazing and maynards lyrics have such a great message/meaning.

I would also say Rosetta Stoned. I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED by this song when I first heard it. The first thing I thought of was "Sounds like Slipknot at the beginning" and hated the guitar work. Now, it probably has to be one of my top 5 Tool songs. The energy of all of the band members is amazing and the lyrics are so mysterious. You think you know what the song is about, but it could mean something totally different that we might never be able to comprehend, and I love it.

I would like to end by saying that 10,000 days is one of those albums you listen to for a while to form an opinion, walk away from it for about a month (which I did), then come back to it to discover new things you didnt previously hear. These 4 men made something very special with 10,000 days. I cant say that its my favorite album, but I put it up there as an equal to Lateralus and Ænima.

Cant wait to see them again at street scene in SD.

Your thoughts?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Songs on 10,000 days you couldnt stand, but now love

For me, it would have to be Right in Two. I never really took the time to listen to the lyrics and pay attention to the music. When I first heard it, it bored me...even more so than Rosetta Stoned. The build up from the "bongo" part is amazing and maynards lyrics have such a great message/meaning.

I would also say Rosetta Stoned. I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED by this song when I first heard it. The first thing I thought of was "Sounds like Slipknot at the beginning" and hated the guitar work. Now, it probably has to be one of my top 5 Tool songs. The energy of all of the band members is amazing and the lyrics are so mysterious. You think you know what the song is about, but it could mean something totally different that we might never be able to comprehend, and I love it.

I would like to end by saying that 10,000 days is one of those albums you listen to for a while to form an opinion, walk away from it for about a month (which I did), then come back to it to discover new things you didnt previously hear. These 4 men made something very special with 10,000 days. I cant say that its my favorite album, but I put it up there as an equal to Lateralus and Ænima.

Your thoughts?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
07-13-2006, 08:02 AM

i also has some problems with loving right in two at first, but now its defently one of my top 10 songs overall (hard to pick some out). A track which has grown on me is Intension. i always like the track, but now i surely love it. I hope that the next tool album will contain more intension/disposition-alike material. im defently down with it..
Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277
Re: Songs on 10,000 days you couldnt stand, but now love

i also has some problems with loving right in two at first, but now its defently one of my top 10 songs overall (hard to pick some out). A track which has grown on me is Intension. i always like the track, but now i surely love it. I hope that the next tool album will contain more intension/disposition-alike material. im defently down with it..
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
07-13-2006, 08:13 AM

I liked this album from my very first listen. But it deffinatly has grown on me since then, and I have probably now listened to it close to 100 times. The one song that kind of bothered me at first was Intension. And now, I still don't like it as a single song a whole lot, but I think it fits well with the album, carries the flow of energy that seems to sustain throughout.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

I liked this album from my very first listen. But it deffinatly has grown on me since then, and I have probably now listened to it close to 100 times. The one song that kind of bothered me at first was Intension. And now, I still don't like it as a single song a whole lot, but I think it fits well with the album, carries the flow of energy that seems to sustain throughout.
07-13-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticz

Your thoughts?
I went through a very similar situation as the one you just described. My first favourites were Vic (obv), and the pot. I sorta enjoyed Jambi, and soon after realized that it's a magnificent song. But during the first month, I usually skipped RS and RiT... until now. Now I realize that they are masterpieces; the way they build up (specially RiT), the way the time signatures change is just awesome. I love these motherfuckin' songs.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:

Your thoughts?
I went through a very similar situation as the one you just described. My first favourites were Vic (obv), and the pot. I sorta enjoyed Jambi, and soon after realized that it's a magnificent song. But during the first month, I usually skipped RS and RiT... until now. Now I realize that they are masterpieces; the way they build up (specially RiT), the way the time signatures change is just awesome. I love these motherfuckin' songs.
adda da suh's Avatar adda da suh
07-13-2006, 08:18 AM

Jambi...it never really seemed to go anywhere at first, and I was not a fan at all of the talkbox when I first heard it. I love the song now. The only part I wish would be different is towards the end before he sings the "breathe in union" part it is at 6:37 of Jambi when everyone stops and Adam plays the little guitar riff by himself, I really would have like them to do a part just like they do in Undertow at 4:54...it would have been great for them to speed it up like that...check it out and tell me what you think.

Also I liked all of Rosetta Stoned except the part where Maynard sings "strapped down in my bed. feet cold eyes red" It reminded me of some shitty James Hetfield new Metallica part...but after absorbing it all I love it and the song as a whole is proabaly my favorite.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Jambi...it never really seemed to go anywhere at first, and I was not a fan at all of the talkbox when I first heard it. I love the song now. The only part I wish would be different is towards the end before he sings the "breathe in union" part it is at 6:37 of Jambi when everyone stops and Adam plays the little guitar riff by himself, I really would have like them to do a part just like they do in Undertow at 4:54...it would have been great for them to speed it up like that...check it out and tell me what you think.

Also I liked all of Rosetta Stoned except the part where Maynard sings "strapped down in my bed. feet cold eyes red" It reminded me of some shitty James Hetfield new Metallica part...but after absorbing it all I love it and the song as a whole is proabaly my favorite.
Kaoticz
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdoger
I'll never forget the leak of the album and downloading it and letting it sit on my computer for over 2 weeks wanting to listen to it. I held out to the retail came, and enjoyed every song fresh (except for coachella, where I heard Jambi and The Pot for the first time).

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. If I had only one complaint about the song, it would be the Aphex Twin like synths near the end...they just arent my thing.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdoger
I'll never forget the leak of the album and downloading it and letting it sit on my computer for over 2 weeks wanting to listen to it. I held out to the retail came, and enjoyed every song fresh (except for coachella, where I heard Jambi and The Pot for the first time).

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. If I had only one complaint about the song, it would be the Aphex Twin like synths near the end...they just arent my thing.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
07-13-2006, 09:40 AM

I thought RIT and RS were boring at first and now they're pretty much my favorite tracks. The Pot immidiately was a favorite and 10,000 Days / WFM was even better than it is now. Jambi is a grower too.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

I thought RIT and RS were boring at first and now they're pretty much my favorite tracks. The Pot immidiately was a favorite and 10,000 Days / WFM was even better than it is now. Jambi is a grower too.
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. thing.
Yea, that's what I'm talking about. I love the way it fits in the album. But I still don't think it's great just by itself without the rest of the album. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good song, but I wouldn't say it's one of their greats.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. thing.
Yea, that's what I'm talking about. I love the way it fits in the album. But I still don't think it's great just by itself without the rest of the album. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good song, but I wouldn't say it's one of their greats.
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM

I had mixed feelings when I first listened to the album, partly because of the mediocre reviews I had read. I liked the first half of it, particully Vicarious, although nowhere near as much as I do now. However, my mind drifted else where when listening to the second half. So it took a while before I gave songs like Intension and Right in Two a proper listen, which was a shame because now Right in Two is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I can´t help feeling that I would of given the album a better chance if the profissional reviews were more positive. Maybe the music needs listening time to be liked?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286

I had mixed feelings when I first listened to the album, partly because of the mediocre reviews I had read. I liked the first half of it, particully Vicarious, although nowhere near as much as I do now. However, my mind drifted else where when listening to the second half. So it took a while before I gave songs like Intension and Right in Two a proper listen, which was a shame because now Right in Two is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I can´t help feeling that I would of given the album a better chance if the profissional reviews were more positive. Maybe the music needs listening time to be liked?
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar SpiraMirabilis
07-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adda da suh
Nice idea, but I think the original works well enough. It creates a harsh, and quite sinister effect which would be a shame to loose. And besides, its not like Tool to repeat themselves!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286

Quote:
Originally Posted by adda da suh
Nice idea, but I think the original works well enough. It creates a harsh, and quite sinister effect which would be a shame to loose. And besides, its not like Tool to repeat themselves!
lizbiz
07-13-2006, 11:33 AM

I first concentrated on Vicarious, Jambi and the Pot. (the 'easy' songs to listen to)
At first I thought Wings was too slow, Rosetta too sloppy and I never really gave Right in Two a chance.

Then driving one day, I gave Right in Two a good listen and I think I listened 10 times a day for a month straight! I listened to Wings and came around to love the whole song, not just the euphoric parts.

It's only been just recently that I caught on to Rosetta Stoned. I still have a hard time digesting it as a 'quick fix' listen. But the same thing happened to me with Third Eye and that's my favourite Tool song. I think songs like these last the longest because they have the most layers to peel away with a complete disregard for classic form.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I first concentrated on Vicarious, Jambi and the Pot. (the 'easy' songs to listen to)
At first I thought Wings was too slow, Rosetta too sloppy and I never really gave Right in Two a chance.

Then driving one day, I gave Right in Two a good listen and I think I listened 10 times a day for a month straight! I listened to Wings and came around to love the whole song, not just the euphoric parts.

It's only been just recently that I caught on to Rosetta Stoned. I still have a hard time digesting it as a 'quick fix' listen. But the same thing happened to me with Third Eye and that's my favourite Tool song. I think songs like these last the longest because they have the most layers to peel away with a complete disregard for classic form.
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
07-13-2006, 01:05 PM

I loved Vicarious and LK/RS right off the bat. The rest of the record was somewhat of a disappointment. But The Pot has grown for me, and WMF/10KD has become a huge hit for me in the shower ;)
I still get very bored with Jambi, and RiT is iffy for me.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29

I loved Vicarious and LK/RS right off the bat. The rest of the record was somewhat of a disappointment. But The Pot has grown for me, and WMF/10KD has become a huge hit for me in the shower ;)
I still get very bored with Jambi, and RiT is iffy for me.
07-13-2006, 03:50 PM

^ wow. Jambi -> bored, RiT-> iffy... wow.

WfM/XKD -> a hit in the shower, lolz
Old 07-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
^ wow. Jambi -> bored, RiT-> iffy... wow.

awaking's Avatar awaking
07-13-2006, 04:57 PM

at first i didnt really like intension but it has grown on me.. i think i overplayed this album way too quick.. but yea its all great still.. i shouldnt have listened to it like 3 times a day.. should of taken bmb's ad-vice
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

at first i didnt really like intension but it has grown on me.. i think i overplayed this album way too quick.. but yea its all great still.. i shouldnt have listened to it like 3 times a day.. should of taken bmb's ad-vice
07-13-2006, 05:46 PM

Rosetta Stoned

it took nearly a month for this song to click. then it just suddenly happened. i was enjoying a few beers and the song came on and something clicked.

its been my opinion for a while that a song that you like immediately will get old very quickly, and a song that takes a few weeks to really appreciate will stick for years.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Rosetta Stoned

it took nearly a month for this song to click. then it just suddenly happened. i was enjoying a few beers and the song came on and something clicked.

its been my opinion for a while that a song that you like immediately will get old very quickly, and a song that takes a few weeks to really appreciate will stick for years.
trickma's Avatar trickma
07-13-2006, 09:55 PM

I HATED Rosetta stoned the first time, i got angry because i already thought the album sucked then when i heard RS i was like fuck me this album is shit.

I now love the album and of course RS is one of my fav tool tracks ever.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I HATED Rosetta stoned the first time, i got angry because i already thought the album sucked then when i heard RS i was like fuck me this album is shit.

I now love the album and of course RS is one of my fav tool tracks ever.
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
07-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Rosetta Stoned. I still don't like Viginti Tres though
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Rosetta Stoned. I still don't like Viginti Tres though
NoD
07-13-2006, 10:41 PM

I could't stand jambi, now I can stand it but still think it's flatter than keira knightly's chest.

Lost Keys still fucking sucks, most of Rosetta still fucking sucks, Right in Two still REALLY fucking sucks, Viginti Tres fucking sucks.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

I could't stand jambi, now I can stand it but still think it's flatter than keira knightly's chest.

Lost Keys still fucking sucks, most of Rosetta still fucking sucks, Right in Two still REALLY fucking sucks, Viginti Tres fucking sucks.
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
07-13-2006, 11:53 PM

Wow - great thread. Interesting read. This album was my first Tool album (I have no excuse - just throw rocks at me). So I immediately latched onto Vicarious and The Pot (manily 'cos I knew what the fuck was going on). Then I could not get enough of Jambi. And then went into a kind of addictive haze where I just HAD to listen to Intension/Right in Two every day. Actually I haven't really emerged from that - but I agree Rosetta Stoned is really growing on me (not that I ever disliked it) and Blame Hoffman is strangely comforting (being Australian).

I agree that Viginti Tres is tricky (but I blame myself - not the band).

And totally agree with Iota (as I often do) that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota
But possibly for different reasons! LOL
Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

Wow - great thread. Interesting read. This album was my first Tool album (I have no excuse - just throw rocks at me). So I immediately latched onto Vicarious and The Pot (manily 'cos I knew what the fuck was going on). Then I could not get enough of Jambi. And then went into a kind of addictive haze where I just HAD to listen to Intension/Right in Two every day. Actually I haven't really emerged from that - but I agree Rosetta Stoned is really growing on me (not that I ever disliked it) and Blame Hoffman is strangely comforting (being Australian).

I agree that Viginti Tres is tricky (but I blame myself - not the band).

And totally agree with Iota (as I often do) that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota
But possibly for different reasons! LOL
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM

How do I delete a quote - oops?

Last edited by HelenA; 07-14-2006 at 12:02 AM..
Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

How do I delete a quote - oops?

Last edited by HelenA; 07-14-2006 at 12:02 AM..
Kaoticz
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM

I actually enjoyed Lost Keys more than RS the first time around. There is something about the guitar riff that makes me feel hypnotized (maybe because it sounds like something that adam would play inbetween songs on the Lateralus tour). The bass droning in and out only intensifies the experience. I think because of my feelings for Lost Keys the first time around, it makes RS that much better. I cannot listen to RS without going through Lost Keys first.

This album is pure class.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

I actually enjoyed Lost Keys more than RS the first time around. There is something about the guitar riff that makes me feel hypnotized (maybe because it sounds like something that adam would play inbetween songs on the Lateralus tour). The bass droning in and out only intensifies the experience. I think because of my feelings for Lost Keys the first time around, it makes RS that much better. I cannot listen to RS without going through Lost Keys first.

This album is pure class.
autofocus
07-14-2006, 12:28 AM

I'm a bit like a few others - clicked into vicarious, the pot, and the 10kd for a start - especially enjoyed 10,000 days - these boys really know how to build mood and momentum. Then like others - went searching through the rest of the album and now can't stop listening to Right in two - love the way the guitar evolves and bursts thru with some real MUSTARD!!!!

Then went looking for the same fix in Rosetta stoned - is a hard listen musically - I guess I like the more melodic side of Tool - anyway LOVE the way RS develops - especially the
'Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position,
Such a heavy burden now to BEEEE THE ONE!!!'

Now I'm wandering round with my two little kids and my MIL saying 'God damn shit the bed' all the time - hard to explain.........

Sorry bout the long read - made my 1st post a goodun!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm a bit like a few others - clicked into vicarious, the pot, and the 10kd for a start - especially enjoyed 10,000 days - these boys really know how to build mood and momentum. Then like others - went searching through the rest of the album and now can't stop listening to Right in two - love the way the guitar evolves and bursts thru with some real MUSTARD!!!!

Then went looking for the same fix in Rosetta stoned - is a hard listen musically - I guess I like the more melodic side of Tool - anyway LOVE the way RS develops - especially the

Now I'm wandering round with my two little kids and my MIL saying 'God damn shit the bed' all the time - hard to explain.........

theminister666
07-14-2006, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Viginti Tres should not be considered a track. At least I don't.

Good to see people coming around on, especially, Rosetta Stoned. From the start I liked the song very much.

I can't say I was dissapointed with a song but Intension/Right in Two needed most time to settle in. Now I see that combo as the best Tool song ever.

Rosetta Stoned is quite an astonishing, and very moving piece. how bad did it suck when you first heard it though??? ironically enough it became one of my favorite songs on the record.

and i think i like intension even more, and did from the start.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Viginti Tres should not be considered a track. At least I don't.

Good to see people coming around on, especially, Rosetta Stoned. From the start I liked the song very much.

I can't say I was dissapointed with a song but Intension/Right in Two needed most time to settle in. Now I see that combo as the best Tool song ever.

Rosetta Stoned is quite an astonishing, and very moving piece. how bad did it suck when you first heard it though??? ironically enough it became one of my favorite songs on the record.

and i think i like intension even more, and did from the start.
CrownOfNegativity's Avatar CrownOfNegativity
07-14-2006, 12:55 AM

Well, I didn't like Intension all that much, but now I think it is good.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:55 AM   #24
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84

Well, I didn't like Intension all that much, but now I think it is good.
W_I_E's Avatar W_I_E
07-14-2006, 01:41 AM

you guys sound like a bunch of 12 year olds girls calling Rosetta stoned RS and right In Two RIT. just do me a favor and type the hole name next time, or Continue to use the gay ass Abbreviation and sound like a gay person/12 year old girl its up to you im just laying it out ther for ya
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

you guys sound like a bunch of 12 year olds girls calling Rosetta stoned RS and right In Two RIT. just do me a favor and type the hole name next time, or Continue to use the gay ass Abbreviation and sound like a gay person/12 year old girl its up to you im just laying it out ther for ya
07-14-2006, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofocus

WOW - welcome!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #26
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofocus

WOW - welcome!
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
07-14-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_I_E
You guys sound like a bunch of 12 year old girls calling Rosetta stoned RS and Right in Two RIT. Just do me a favour and type the whole name next time, or continue to use the gay arse abbreviation and sound like a gay person/12 year old girl. Its up to you. I'm just laying it out there for you.
Why do you care?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
You guys sound like a bunch of 12 year old girls calling Rosetta stoned RS and Right in Two RIT. Just do me a favour and type the whole name next time, or continue to use the gay arse abbreviation and sound like a gay person/12 year old girl. Its up to you. I'm just laying it out there for you.
Why do you care?
DaBoz
07-14-2006, 03:34 AM

Quote:
That's quite astonishing that someone who's serious enough a fan to bother posting to a Tool forum could hold opinions like that. Maybe it contains a clever hidden meaning or an amusing, ironic sub text?

Perhaps it's one of those posts you need to re-read a few times before it clicks, then you really dig it.

Boz
Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
That's quite astonishing that someone who's serious enough a fan to bother posting to a Tool forum could hold opinions like that. Maybe it contains a clever hidden meaning or an amusing, ironic sub text?

Perhaps it's one of those posts you need to re-read a few times before it clicks, then you really dig it.

Boz
fugitive538's Avatar fugitive538
07-14-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I would also say Rosetta Stoned. I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED by this song when I first heard it.
(...)
Now, it probably has to be one of my top 5 Tool songs. The energy of all of the band members is amazing and the lyrics are so mysterious. You think you know what the song is about, but it could mean something totally different that we might never be able to comprehend, and I love it.
Yeah, rosetta stoned definitely. you probably wrote it down all well. dissappointment at first listen, then now i love it.
And probably Lipan Conjuring. since i think of the lyrics:-)
( http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=48656 )
The only track i still cant love from the album is viginti tres. okay, its sth usual to end a tool record, sth to take you out of your comfort, and just think about stuff, but still i consider it a bit of a waste of time and space.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #29

Quote:
I would also say Rosetta Stoned. I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED by this song when I first heard it.
(...)
Now, it probably has to be one of my top 5 Tool songs. The energy of all of the band members is amazing and the lyrics are so mysterious. You think you know what the song is about, but it could mean something totally different that we might never be able to comprehend, and I love it.
Yeah, rosetta stoned definitely. you probably wrote it down all well. dissappointment at first listen, then now i love it.
And probably Lipan Conjuring. since i think of the lyrics:-)
( http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=48656 )
The only track i still cant love from the album is viginti tres. okay, its sth usual to end a tool record, sth to take you out of your comfort, and just think about stuff, but still i consider it a bit of a waste of time and space.
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM

rosetta and jambi. rosetta just sounded kinda crazy at first, but then just listening to it i realized hwo heavy and sick it was. then the 'overwhelmed as one would be....' part is one of the best tool climaxes ever. and jambi, i hated the intro cause it sounded liek some crap metal band just trying to play as fast as possible, but it grew on me after a while.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:22 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20

rosetta and jambi. rosetta just sounded kinda crazy at first, but then just listening to it i realized hwo heavy and sick it was. then the 'overwhelmed as one would be....' part is one of the best tool climaxes ever. and jambi, i hated the intro cause it sounded liek some crap metal band just trying to play as fast as possible, but it grew on me after a while.
Kaoticz
07-14-2006, 08:29 AM

Quote:
3 or 4 of my keys broke. So I cant fully type "RS". Better?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:29 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
3 or 4 of my keys broke. So I cant fully type "RS". Better?
tescovee's Avatar tescovee
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Its actually an Acronym....could be worse, could have been LKBHRS with out any vowels that would be tuff to pronounce. So would you call NASA gay? or say the USA is run by 12 year olds? (second example is TiC) :P

But on topic, I think Jambi took a little bit, but thats probably my second fav. track on the album now...
Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Its actually an Acronym....could be worse, could have been LKBHRS with out any vowels that would be tuff to pronounce. So would you call NASA gay? or say the USA is run by 12 year olds? (second example is TiC) :P

But on topic, I think Jambi took a little bit, but thats probably my second fav. track on the album now...
Carbonatedgravy
07-14-2006, 11:55 PM

The whole album was kind of a downer at first, but, especially considering all the hype, The Pot disappointed the hell out of me. I hated it so much at first, and Rosetta Stoned was just a long blur. I think I spent the duration of it thinking about how much I hated The Pot.

But now I love both of those songs. In fact, by this time I should have been used to the idea of hating and then loving Tool since the only album I liked on my first listen was Lateralus.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:55 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

The whole album was kind of a downer at first, but, especially considering all the hype, The Pot disappointed the hell out of me. I hated it so much at first, and Rosetta Stoned was just a long blur. I think I spent the duration of it thinking about how much I hated The Pot.

But now I love both of those songs. In fact, by this time I should have been used to the idea of hating and then loving Tool since the only album I liked on my first listen was Lateralus.
pickle's Avatar pickle
07-16-2006, 03:13 AM

10000 days(wings 2) didn't really move me at first. But then after not listening to the whole album for about 3 weeks and coming back I realised this song is really so fucking powerful. I really need to be in a certain mood to wanna listen to it though and I always listen to it through earphones
Old 07-16-2006, 03:13 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

10000 days(wings 2) didn't really move me at first. But then after not listening to the whole album for about 3 weeks and coming back I realised this song is really so fucking powerful. I really need to be in a certain mood to wanna listen to it though and I always listen to it through earphones
07-16-2006, 05:10 AM

LK/Rosetta it is. They convinced me during their live performances.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:10 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

LK/Rosetta it is. They convinced me during their live performances.
07-16-2006, 06:07 AM

The Pot. i still can't stand it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 AM   #36
Banned.

Bincount™: 77

The Pot. i still can't stand it.
Insanekat's Avatar Insanekat
07-16-2006, 09:33 AM

Rosetta Stoned I wasn't overly pleased with at first but it grew on me quite quickly and now I really love it.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Rosetta Stoned I wasn't overly pleased with at first but it grew on me quite quickly and now I really love it.
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Your thoughts?

I've always loved everyone of the songs.
and spat it in her face
she puked it back up
I got a syringe
and injected it back into
her
It was homesick
-MCR
Old 07-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #38
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Your thoughts?

I've always loved everyone of the songs.
and spat it in her face
she puked it back up
I got a syringe
and injected it back into
her
It was homesick
-MCR
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
07-16-2006, 11:00 AM

the pot
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 07-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #39
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

the pot
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
o00mega00's Avatar o00mega00
07-17-2006, 08:45 AM

Couldnt stand the pot when I first heard it. I really felt kind of ill. But it seems to have that staying quality and it has grown on me.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:45 AM   #40

Couldnt stand the pot when I first heard it. I really felt kind of ill. But it seems to have that staying quality and it has grown on me.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply