just me
Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
jambi

my favorite 10,000 days song
just me
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM

just you. youre the only fan who likes that song.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: jambi

just you. youre the only fan who likes that song.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
62827's Avatar 62827
05-06-2011, 03:38 PM

.... it's my favorite off that album too actually! I'd say Jambi, The Pot and 10,000 Days are the best 3 songs off that album.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #3

Bincount™: 2

.... it's my favorite off that album too actually! I'd say Jambi, The Pot and 10,000 Days are the best 3 songs off that album.
05-06-2011, 07:15 PM

jambi, 10,000 days and rosetta stoned are the best on the album
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #4

Bincount™: 1

jambi, 10,000 days and rosetta stoned are the best on the album
Mosis's Avatar Mosis
05-06-2011, 11:00 PM

jambi, rosetta stoned, and intension are the best on the album
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

jambi, rosetta stoned, and intension are the best on the album
62827's Avatar 62827
05-07-2011, 06:17 PM

I feel like everyone praises rosetta stoned just because it's one of their longer songs. While it is pretty funny and the lyrics are quite amusing, the first six minutes of the song pretty much does the same thing but with different lyrics and it isn't until the last few minutes where the song really starts progressing and getting interesting. Then it ends. Tool had the potential to create the greatest song ever when they wrote this piece, but I feel as though they overlooked the possibilities they could have taken with this and could have made it way more psychadelic and awesome had they edited on it more.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

I feel like everyone praises rosetta stoned just because it's one of their longer songs. While it is pretty funny and the lyrics are quite amusing, the first six minutes of the song pretty much does the same thing but with different lyrics and it isn't until the last few minutes where the song really starts progressing and getting interesting. Then it ends. Tool had the potential to create the greatest song ever when they wrote this piece, but I feel as though they overlooked the possibilities they could have taken with this and could have made it way more psychadelic and awesome had they edited on it more.
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62827 View Post
i agree. rosetta stoned is a shit sandwich, where the shit is the bread, and the meat is the breakdown + climax in the middle. the point is, this shit sandwich is still better than most of the other songs on the album.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62827 View Post
i agree. rosetta stoned is a shit sandwich, where the shit is the bread, and the meat is the breakdown + climax in the middle. the point is, this shit sandwich is still better than most of the other songs on the album.
62827's Avatar 62827
05-08-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosis View Post
Yeah I can agree with that, and I still enjoy listening to Rosetta Stoned but I always can't help but think "Tool really overlooked this one" and I think this is the first time I've ever felt that way about a Tool song, that they didn't put in as much of an effort that they could've and really explored the possibilities they could have taken it in which is something they are well known for doing with their songwriting (and its self evident if you listen to their music). Lets just hope their next album doesn't make a similar mistake.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosis View Post
Yeah I can agree with that, and I still enjoy listening to Rosetta Stoned but I always can't help but think "Tool really overlooked this one" and I think this is the first time I've ever felt that way about a Tool song, that they didn't put in as much of an effort that they could've and really explored the possibilities they could have taken it in which is something they are well known for doing with their songwriting (and its self evident if you listen to their music). Lets just hope their next album doesn't make a similar mistake.
08-18-2011, 03:28 AM

10K haters are like full-bladderd children in an art museum.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #9
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

08-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Or they have valid opinions about 10kd being Tool's weakest album to date.

To each her own, dudes.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Or they have valid opinions about 10kd being Tool's weakest album to date.

To each her own, dudes.
08-21-2011, 12:41 PM

opinions = opinions. oh man, i thought it was "less than".
Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

opinions = opinions. oh man, i thought it was "less than".
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM

of course. people who dislike 10kd are welcome to do so, it doesn't make their opinion less valid than yours.

and i should add to my last post that i like most of 10kd, i just find the other albums to be better. 10kd makes good motorcycling music tho.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

of course. people who dislike 10kd are welcome to do so, it doesn't make their opinion less valid than yours.

and i should add to my last post that i like most of 10kd, i just find the other albums to be better. 10kd makes good motorcycling music tho.
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM

I think that 10k Days should be looked at as a whole, but I link Vicarious and Jambi, Jambi Being Stronger. Then there are Wings 1 and 2, 2 being stronger. The Pot is alone and the weakest piece on the whole album, but still has some cool stuff going on... Then Lipan and Lost Keys are just intros for RS. They provide context and background information for RS, and it is the Strongest Piece on the Whole Album, that's why it has two intros. I then I link Intension and Right in Two as being equal musically but the latter has more intensity beause it's just the second half of the same song, much like Wings. However, they can still be separated and listened to alone because they each come full circle in their own right. Viginti Tres is By far the most interesting and enigmatic track on the whole album, but is worthless unless you are really fucking high, relaxed and open, or just listened to the whole album.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

I think that 10k Days should be looked at as a whole, but I link Vicarious and Jambi, Jambi Being Stronger. Then there are Wings 1 and 2, 2 being stronger. The Pot is alone and the weakest piece on the whole album, but still has some cool stuff going on... Then Lipan and Lost Keys are just intros for RS. They provide context and background information for RS, and it is the Strongest Piece on the Whole Album, that's why it has two intros. I then I link Intension and Right in Two as being equal musically but the latter has more intensity beause it's just the second half of the same song, much like Wings. However, they can still be separated and listened to alone because they each come full circle in their own right. Viginti Tres is By far the most interesting and enigmatic track on the whole album, but is worthless unless you are really fucking high, relaxed and open, or just listened to the whole album.
Angel on the Sideline
08-24-2011, 04:54 AM

I don't consider Vicarious and Jambi to be linked in anyway whatsoever (unlike Wings 1 & 2, Intension & Right in Two, etc.).

I'm interested to see where you're coming from on this. What has led you to this conclusion?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I don't consider Vicarious and Jambi to be linked in anyway whatsoever (unlike Wings 1 & 2, Intension & Right in Two, etc.).

I'm interested to see where you're coming from on this. What has led you to this conclusion?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply