Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
Lateralareallofus's Avatar Lateralareallofus
04-15-2010, 02:59 AM

I wish to share my opinions on 10,000 Days, the album as a whole. Grab your snuggie. This is gonna be long.

I don't even know where to begin. Picture this if you will:

Recently, (ever since the release of the March newsletter actually), i have been digging myself deep into the internet and books to get a good grip on 10,000 Days. This must be because i am excited to hear about new Tool material in the phases of being created. I want to understand it as much as i can before i hear the next step. This album is so beautiful and intricate.

Lateralus ended with a spark of illumination, but not enough to set ablaze the crown. Only a glimpse of the what is possible/infinite/eternal. The vajras are missing the bell...

And so begins Vicarious. The steady illuminating ascent with angels' bells chiming builds till 46(&2) seconds in, where it crashes into disharmony. Alarm clocks ring. reality check. credible at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men. Undertow is a prerequisite for hearing this. But he shouldn't have to say it all again. I on the tv. I hope you choke, half warriror and voyeur. just admit it. Turn off your reality show. Tune in to your reality. The only unity here is when you consumes another to survive. so impersonal.

jambi shows us a marching heart that does not live vicariously through another but for another. If tomorrow would take you away. Who would Wish it all away? EYE would. wants/needs. shine on till the two become 0ne. little different from 'what you want and what you need don't mean that much to me. I don't want want it, i just need it.'

Then comes the Hero.

I know the idea of the topic of the 'secret' tool song in which you combine Wings part 1 and Viginti Tres with Wings part 2 then you get the synchronized super 10,000 Days song is controversial in these boards...But, i have been listening to it recently and it is definitely worth giving a listen or three.

When i first heard of how some toolhead put the songs together to make Wings part 3 and shared it, i was skeptical. I looked it up on youtube and kinda liked it but there were too many rough parts that made me not whole-heartedly believe Tool did it on purpose. It turns out that this was because people were listening to the wrong combination. Playing Wings part 1 and Viginti Tres over Wings Part 2, with Wings part 1 first is wrong. That song sounds clunky and messy. Play Viginti Tres before Wings Part 1. Begin Wings part 2 and Viginti Tres together. This is Wings part 3.

This guy on youtube did a great job. I heard this version which is really close to being a perfect match (Besides lessthanperfect sound quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGFp...eature=related

I really think this combination really creates a new spin on the song as a whole. Really listen to the whole song and the stuff going on in the background of the music. FEEL the song. It builds up steadily...

Saturn humbles you again. What have i done to be worthy? Just love. yourelf. others. the ALL. unconditionally. Maynard aint gonna preach at your sunday school though. no mention of "love". not there. invisible. movements none could see.

Danny's pulsing drumbeat is like that of flying magnificent wings of an angel.

Whaddya gonna do when the rivers overrun? cleanse and purge me in the water that will flush this all away. Boast about how you'll rise/spiral to the height of your bloodshot halo.

See it... coming over like a storm again as the thunder claps.
he went home because you held your light. Steo by step.
jimmy or James? saturn knows.

Judgement Day's looming shadow falls over the world as the abyss opens up over the heads of the ignorant fibbers as well as Judith.

Divine Omh

You were the one who illuminate your little piece of the divine, this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me, I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way ... Ascend... your way home

The divine unconditional light is incredibly bright in contrast to the world we are so familiar with...Difficult to see you in this light.

A new cycle is beginning. You know that because of the way you wear surround sound headphones to this song.

This Gregorian Chant is in praise of the existence of the divine in humanity.

Judith's life is an example to us all. One that we have only read about.

Give me my passionate spirit!

He has the proof! so toss it upon the believers. A burden.

Please forgive this selfish bold suggestion but...What/should am i to say to these ghouls tonight?

life, But surely saved one...

his guardian angel has watched over him long enough. He has been healed. She's going home.

10,000 days since he was 11. one and one are one. As Saturn returns he is blinded by choice no more. Arriving at the fourth green undonditional source. "You can lead a horse to water but..." Revolver heard him say. Make the decision. Start the spark than becomes the fire.

See? I'm alright now, ITS TIME FOR US TO LET YOU GO HOME

The Pot. "Maynard sold out, bro. He has such a FEMININE high voice in that song about dope. The funky beat is so radio friendly." He has just been picking his scabs again.

The stage is your Soapbox house of tarot cards and seeing glass and whateva superstitious stuff you got. "I may believe in Zeus in the sky but you got some far out shit too, son."

The lawyer best check his Reflection in the mirror.

Who are you to criticize me when your are doing that shit??! You peudeo intellectual spiritualist hippie!
You got lemon juice up in your high eye(3rd)
I balls deep in muddy water. like the color of a mind altering entheogen. Bloodshot. and I(EYE)s Red.
Shades of Indigo. Which wheel is that color? High I?
Reflect on yourself, UNited States of Kangaroo Court.
Ganja? puhleeez you must have been out of your mind.

Conjure by Will alone.

That droning Infinite gap that i see in the Net.
Doctor Watson and Albert smoked doobies together.

Definitely blame hoffman for what is. But which one? the one who blew up the lost keys to mormonism? the ones that concern the Tree. Aleister and Joe Smith couldn't have possibly been very interested in similar spiritual and esotericc practices...

Lost Keys to 11:11 Door. If 1 was an arrow, which way does it point us? How long is Rosetta Stoned?

The FOOL had a vision that could save us all from certain doom. You believe him don't you? He didnt even graduate high school. This songs makes JEST at the fallen hero who fell under the heavy burden. Too high-o-eye. Did Alex or Bill narrate? Maybe Hunter S. could take us on this funny trip in the desert.

"You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .
And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

The Chosen One. Such a heavy burden of proof upon the believers.
Why isn't he able to guide us all to to ZION?
You gotta either laugh or cry at the whole situation. Hermes laughs. He cares and knows. Rosetta Stoned is the Rosetta Stone for deciphering TOOL's FOOLish message. a warning for those who do not.

who will be the next cult to blind you with their light? Don't know. Won't know.
Let Go. Why can't we just admit it? What? the Chaos. Unknown.

The tug of war is Intensionfying. The wire from the schism video is getting taught.
Pure as we begin, in the source. Light. omnipotent. Spark. Flame. Fire.
Give away the stone. Build a home. Strike. Philosopher's Stoned. transmute.
"Dude, this song is so chill, brah". Kinda like Disposition.
Don't just watch the weather change. move. change the weather. by will alone.

These are the most disappointed angels i have ever heard. Apathetic. WHERE IS THE PASSIONATE SPIRIT?!? compromised...
The intro reminds me of riding the spiral...down.
The narrator begins speaking 33 seconds in. how old was jesus?

The angels. I feel like I have somniferous almond eyes looking at earth from the sideline. Us and Them. A sense of disconnect.
Father blessed them all with reason. . So these talking monkeys with opposable thumbs evolved...maybe not. Darwin lied.

O, Danny's mandalas? Yeah, they do sound like the 'Death Congas' in Pushit. Saw the gap again today when i cut it all right in two.

The Angles came out to watch you play. Why are you running away? They are on the sideline of this war of tugs.

So guide it ALLah right in two. The FOOL understands this balance. This is necessary. Mitosis. Its right in two.

Viginti Tres. The song that inspired Jim Carey. Is it just a coincidence that this is such an ambiguous song? Look for patterns. They exst. Believe. The pieces fit. I know it. Get N'sync with the ALL.

H. I I. 1 and 1. Divide. Polarbearize. Pussyfur is after 23. Cross the humbling river. The Scarlett Woman will guide you. There is a picture of her with Maynard and the phallic empire.

The TOOL. In two there is zero. In two, one. 0ne v0id.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
The Album (and Wings part 3)

I wish to share my opinions on 10,000 Days, the album as a whole. Grab your snuggie. This is gonna be long.

I don't even know where to begin. Picture this if you will:

Recently, (ever since the release of the March newsletter actually), i have been digging myself deep into the internet and books to get a good grip on 10,000 Days. This must be because i am excited to hear about new Tool material in the phases of being created. I want to understand it as much as i can before i hear the next step. This album is so beautiful and intricate.

Lateralus ended with a spark of illumination, but not enough to set ablaze the crown. Only a glimpse of the what is possible/infinite/eternal. The vajras are missing the bell...

And so begins Vicarious. The steady illuminating ascent with angels' bells chiming builds till 46(&2) seconds in, where it crashes into disharmony. Alarm clocks ring. reality check. credible at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men. Undertow is a prerequisite for hearing this. But he shouldn't have to say it all again. I on the tv. I hope you choke, half warriror and voyeur. just admit it. Turn off your reality show. Tune in to your reality. The only unity here is when you consumes another to survive. so impersonal.

jambi shows us a marching heart that does not live vicariously through another but for another. If tomorrow would take you away. Who would Wish it all away? EYE would. wants/needs. shine on till the two become 0ne. little different from 'what you want and what you need don't mean that much to me. I don't want want it, i just need it.'

Then comes the Hero.

I know the idea of the topic of the 'secret' tool song in which you combine Wings part 1 and Viginti Tres with Wings part 2 then you get the synchronized super 10,000 Days song is controversial in these boards...But, i have been listening to it recently and it is definitely worth giving a listen or three.

When i first heard of how some toolhead put the songs together to make Wings part 3 and shared it, i was skeptical. I looked it up on youtube and kinda liked it but there were too many rough parts that made me not whole-heartedly believe Tool did it on purpose. It turns out that this was because people were listening to the wrong combination. Playing Wings part 1 and Viginti Tres over Wings Part 2, with Wings part 1 first is wrong. That song sounds clunky and messy. Play Viginti Tres before Wings Part 1. Begin Wings part 2 and Viginti Tres together. This is Wings part 3.

This guy on youtube did a great job. I heard this version which is really close to being a perfect match (Besides lessthanperfect sound quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGFp...eature=related

I really think this combination really creates a new spin on the song as a whole. Really listen to the whole song and the stuff going on in the background of the music. FEEL the song. It builds up steadily...

Saturn humbles you again. What have i done to be worthy? Just love. yourelf. others. the ALL. unconditionally. Maynard aint gonna preach at your sunday school though. no mention of "love". not there. invisible. movements none could see.

Danny's pulsing drumbeat is like that of flying magnificent wings of an angel.

Whaddya gonna do when the rivers overrun? cleanse and purge me in the water that will flush this all away. Boast about how you'll rise/spiral to the height of your bloodshot halo.

See it... coming over like a storm again as the thunder claps.
he went home because you held your light. Steo by step.
jimmy or James? saturn knows.

Judgement Day's looming shadow falls over the world as the abyss opens up over the heads of the ignorant fibbers as well as Judith.

Divine Omh

You were the one who illuminate your little piece of the divine, this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me, I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way ... Ascend... your way home

The divine unconditional light is incredibly bright in contrast to the world we are so familiar with...Difficult to see you in this light.

A new cycle is beginning. You know that because of the way you wear surround sound headphones to this song.

This Gregorian Chant is in praise of the existence of the divine in humanity.

Judith's life is an example to us all. One that we have only read about.

Give me my passionate spirit!

He has the proof! so toss it upon the believers. A burden.

Please forgive this selfish bold suggestion but...What/should am i to say to these ghouls tonight?

life, But surely saved one...

his guardian angel has watched over him long enough. He has been healed. She's going home.

10,000 days since he was 11. one and one are one. As Saturn returns he is blinded by choice no more. Arriving at the fourth green undonditional source. "You can lead a horse to water but..." Revolver heard him say. Make the decision. Start the spark than becomes the fire.

See? I'm alright now, ITS TIME FOR US TO LET YOU GO HOME

The Pot. "Maynard sold out, bro. He has such a FEMININE high voice in that song about dope. The funky beat is so radio friendly." He has just been picking his scabs again.

The stage is your Soapbox house of tarot cards and seeing glass and whateva superstitious stuff you got. "I may believe in Zeus in the sky but you got some far out shit too, son."

The lawyer best check his Reflection in the mirror.

Who are you to criticize me when your are doing that shit??! You peudeo intellectual spiritualist hippie!
You got lemon juice up in your high eye(3rd)
I balls deep in muddy water. like the color of a mind altering entheogen. Bloodshot. and I(EYE)s Red.
Shades of Indigo. Which wheel is that color? High I?
Reflect on yourself, UNited States of Kangaroo Court.
Ganja? puhleeez you must have been out of your mind.

Conjure by Will alone.

That droning Infinite gap that i see in the Net.
Doctor Watson and Albert smoked doobies together.

Definitely blame hoffman for what is. But which one? the one who blew up the lost keys to mormonism? the ones that concern the Tree. Aleister and Joe Smith couldn't have possibly been very interested in similar spiritual and esotericc practices...

Lost Keys to 11:11 Door. If 1 was an arrow, which way does it point us? How long is Rosetta Stoned?

The FOOL had a vision that could save us all from certain doom. You believe him don't you? He didnt even graduate high school. This songs makes JEST at the fallen hero who fell under the heavy burden. Too high-o-eye. Did Alex or Bill narrate? Maybe Hunter S. could take us on this funny trip in the desert.

"You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .
And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

The Chosen One. Such a heavy burden of proof upon the believers.
Why isn't he able to guide us all to to ZION?
You gotta either laugh or cry at the whole situation. Hermes laughs. He cares and knows. Rosetta Stoned is the Rosetta Stone for deciphering TOOL's FOOLish message. a warning for those who do not.

who will be the next cult to blind you with their light? Don't know. Won't know.
Let Go. Why can't we just admit it? What? the Chaos. Unknown.

The tug of war is Intensionfying. The wire from the schism video is getting taught.
Pure as we begin, in the source. Light. omnipotent. Spark. Flame. Fire.
Give away the stone. Build a home. Strike. Philosopher's Stoned. transmute.
"Dude, this song is so chill, brah". Kinda like Disposition.
Don't just watch the weather change. move. change the weather. by will alone.

These are the most disappointed angels i have ever heard. Apathetic. WHERE IS THE PASSIONATE SPIRIT?!? compromised...
The intro reminds me of riding the spiral...down.
The narrator begins speaking 33 seconds in. how old was jesus?

The angels. I feel like I have somniferous almond eyes looking at earth from the sideline. Us and Them. A sense of disconnect.
Father blessed them all with reason. . So these talking monkeys with opposable thumbs evolved...maybe not. Darwin lied.

O, Danny's mandalas? Yeah, they do sound like the 'Death Congas' in Pushit. Saw the gap again today when i cut it all right in two.

The Angles came out to watch you play. Why are you running away? They are on the sideline of this war of tugs.

So guide it ALLah right in two. The FOOL understands this balance. This is necessary. Mitosis. Its right in two.

Viginti Tres. The song that inspired Jim Carey. Is it just a coincidence that this is such an ambiguous song? Look for patterns. They exst. Believe. The pieces fit. I know it. Get N'sync with the ALL.

H. I I. 1 and 1. Divide. Polarbearize. Pussyfur is after 23. Cross the humbling river. The Scarlett Woman will guide you. There is a picture of her with Maynard and the phallic empire.

The TOOL. In two there is zero. In two, one. 0ne v0id.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Ravenpig
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM

Funny guy. Girl. Whatever.

Vigniti Tres playing in the background of Wings is just horrible.

If Tool wanted us to listen to a song a certain way they would've just, you know, RECORDED it that way.

Since you love to "sneak" quotes in your paragraphs I'll give you this one:

"Overthinking Overanalyzing" etc. etc.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #2

Bincount™: 0
Re: The Album (and Wings part 3)

Funny guy. Girl. Whatever.

Vigniti Tres playing in the background of Wings is just horrible.

If Tool wanted us to listen to a song a certain way they would've just, you know, RECORDED it that way.

Since you love to "sneak" quotes in your paragraphs I'll give you this one:

"Overthinking Overanalyzing" etc. etc.
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM

funny GUY.
quoting "overthinking overanalyzing" is the most over-used phrase by those who refuse to dig past the surface layer of any song.
Stinkfist is not a song that is literally about how maynard likes fisting people in the ass.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #3

funny GUY.
quoting "overthinking overanalyzing" is the most over-used phrase by those who refuse to dig past the surface layer of any song.
Stinkfist is not a song that is literally about how maynard likes fisting people in the ass.
tummy_sticks
04-16-2010, 12:05 AM

It's not?

Well there goes my thesis.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 472

It's not?

Well there goes my thesis.
Ravenpig
04-16-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
funny GUY.
I just know you're one of those guys that screams "MAYNARD!" at Tool concerts.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
funny GUY.
I just know you're one of those guys that screams "MAYNARD!" at Tool concerts.
04-16-2010, 02:14 PM

you must be a the drunk head banger
Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #6

tummy_sticks
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm the type of guy who does the air calculator during schism

"I've done the math enough to know"
Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
On Probation

Bincount™: 472

Michał's Avatar Michał
04-18-2010, 11:18 AM

And during "doomed to crumble" you drop on the ground and begin crumbling? :P
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #8

Bincount™: 35

And during "doomed to crumble" you drop on the ground and begin crumbling? :P
Ravenpig
04-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Notice he didn't say he wasn't!

Also, I'm just the drunk.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Notice he didn't say he wasn't!

Also, I'm just the drunk.
04-18-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy_sticks View Post

LOL

but, no i dont scream "maynard" during a concert. Maybe i should be yelling at him though. no more leaving the stage mid songs like a little satyr.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:

LOL

but, no i dont scream "maynard" during a concert. Maybe i should be yelling at him though. no more leaving the stage mid songs like a little satyr.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
04-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I lol'd
Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #11
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
I lol'd
07-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:

This post made my day. One of the best I've ever seen in any forum :-)
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

This post made my day. One of the best I've ever seen in any forum :-)
GrimReefer's Avatar GrimReefer
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM

just want to say good post. hard to read through the whole thing, but over all, good.

Also, "over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind." dig deeper.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

just want to say good post. hard to read through the whole thing, but over all, good.

Also, "over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind." dig deeper.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply