Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
'lapsed 'napse
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Is this song, kinda like Schism? Like a sequel? It kinda comes from the same place, maybe The Pot, is the other being blamed. Pointing fingers, tossing stones? This song is still sinking in for me. This albums really taking a while to 'whoa' me. That's partly because I don't have a decent sound system, or hearing ability, but also because I think Maynard definately draws inspiration from his life, but still within a professional context of really instramenting his vocals. To me, his voice is the fourth instrament. So, I don't want to delve too much into literate town, because I am really more often than not, blown away by some of the vocal performances on this album. It's a compliment. But also, I just wanted to make some dots and connect 'em and throw 'em in the bank. Next song!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Schism II: Secret of the Ooze

Is this song, kinda like Schism? Like a sequel? It kinda comes from the same place, maybe The Pot, is the other being blamed. Pointing fingers, tossing stones? This song is still sinking in for me. This albums really taking a while to 'whoa' me. That's partly because I don't have a decent sound system, or hearing ability, but also because I think Maynard definately draws inspiration from his life, but still within a professional context of really instramenting his vocals. To me, his voice is the fourth instrament. So, I don't want to delve too much into literate town, because I am really more often than not, blown away by some of the vocal performances on this album. It's a compliment. But also, I just wanted to make some dots and connect 'em and throw 'em in the bank. Next song!
11-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'lapsed 'napse View Post
Again, detox would do you wonders. Also, it's spelled instrument, not instrament...lol, wow. This has Nikeda_Taylor written all over it......ALIAS I SAY!!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Schism II: Secret of the Ooze

Quote:
Again, detox would do you wonders. Also, it's spelled instrument, not instrament...lol, wow. This has Nikeda_Taylor written all over it......ALIAS I SAY!!
11-13-2009, 06:54 AM

I need a link before i can even understand what song you're talking about.

Edit: do you mean The Pot? Ah no man!

* walks away in disbelief *

Last edited by Rolo; 11-13-2009 at 06:59 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

I need a link before i can even understand what song you're talking about.

Edit: do you mean The Pot? Ah no man!

* walks away in disbelief *

Last edited by Rolo; 11-13-2009 at 06:59 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
'lapsed 'napse
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Whoa, I misspelled. That defines me. That says alot about me. It could even be my epitath. My powder white body starched firmly in a mirrored casket with that generic dirge music playing, and old bags I fucked years ago just sitting there, waiting to pass me by and kiss my cold hands...flash forward a sixblock drive later to the the memory garden, and there it will be. My tombstone. Here Lies A Man Who Couldn't Get The Word Instrument Right One Time In A Message Board. One Motherfucking Time. It Was Too Much. But He Had The Satisfaction Of Realizing the Thing That Called Him Out On It Was AMAZED By It. Wow. Here's A Ball, Perhaps You'd Like To Bounce It.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Whoa, I misspelled. That defines me. That says alot about me. It could even be my epitath. My powder white body starched firmly in a mirrored casket with that generic dirge music playing, and old bags I fucked years ago just sitting there, waiting to pass me by and kiss my cold hands...flash forward a sixblock drive later to the the memory garden, and there it will be. My tombstone. Here Lies A Man Who Couldn't Get The Word Instrument Right One Time In A Message Board. One Motherfucking Time. It Was Too Much. But He Had The Satisfaction Of Realizing the Thing That Called Him Out On It Was AMAZED By It. Wow. Here's A Ball, Perhaps You'd Like To Bounce It.
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
lol, he thinks our comments were because of a misspelling.

Perhaps I'd like to bounce my nuts on your forehead.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
lol, he thinks our comments were because of a misspelling.

Perhaps I'd like to bounce my nuts on your forehead.
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM

hai, spellings never the eschew.

when people speak i don't care if they're spelling the words right in their head, but i did say a few times last week, 'spell that for me, you know, so i can grasp the usage within this context of which we are barely speaking here.' or something like that...

the whole time i was pondering the pot.

hai inner, aloha rolo.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

hai, spellings never the eschew.

when people speak i don't care if they're spelling the words right in their head, but i did say a few times last week, 'spell that for me, you know, so i can grasp the usage within this context of which we are barely speaking here.' or something like that...

the whole time i was pondering the pot.

hai inner, aloha rolo.
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
lol
Old 12-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
lol
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
poudge's Avatar poudge
12-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
lol

lol
Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6