Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM

I can't count the number of times I've listened to this song. "Please believe what I just said..." It gives me chills. Just like Faaip de Oiad, I'm greatly entertained by the alien/UFO subject matter. This time, however, it puts it on a more personal level.

I remember playing Faaip for fun in the Explorer as me and my friends drove up to the Groom Lake border (Area 51) last year. Hearing that track along that road at 1 am still gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by Alistair_Carson; 05-08-2006 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37
Anyone else had their own Rosetta Stoned/Faaip de Oiad experience?

I can't count the number of times I've listened to this song. "Please believe what I just said..." It gives me chills. Just like Faaip de Oiad, I'm greatly entertained by the alien/UFO subject matter. This time, however, it puts it on a more personal level.

I remember playing Faaip for fun in the Explorer as me and my friends drove up to the Groom Lake border (Area 51) last year. Hearing that track along that road at 1 am still gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by Alistair_Carson; 05-08-2006 at 08:31 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
J1516's Avatar J1516
05-09-2006, 12:18 AM

A friend of mine took acid his first time, 2 maybe 3 hits of some really good acid, and had a trip similar to rosetta stoned. He said he thought he saw aliens, and that they scanned him with a bright white light. After this he got that feeling that he had learned too much, or that he had just learned something he didn't want to know or shouldn't know, and spent the rest of his trip trying to figure out/forget what they told him. Didn't wind up covered in shit, but it freaked him out enough.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
Re: Anyone else had their own Rosetta Stoned/Faaip de Oiad experience?

A friend of mine took acid his first time, 2 maybe 3 hits of some really good acid, and had a trip similar to rosetta stoned. He said he thought he saw aliens, and that they scanned him with a bright white light. After this he got that feeling that he had learned too much, or that he had just learned something he didn't want to know or shouldn't know, and spent the rest of his trip trying to figure out/forget what they told him. Didn't wind up covered in shit, but it freaked him out enough.
Them Bones's Avatar Them Bones
05-09-2006, 03:57 PM

I can't say that ive ever tripped and had an alien encounter, that would seem like a really bad thing if it did happen
Old 05-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I can't say that ive ever tripped and had an alien encounter, that would seem like a really bad thing if it did happen
Mesher_dakimi's Avatar Mesher_dakimi
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM

well once, no like several times, i was in the back seat of someones car when some aspect of the infinite create(D and R) comes down to me , sometimes its sweet benevolance but it has been devilish and malevolent too, and explains once again that i am just a miniscual part of a devine whole but that the rest of the "flock" is just a bunch of fucking idiots who need to be set strait... ummm i am kind of uncomfortable going to far with this.
please stare very intently upon my avatar and personal picture for more clues
Old 05-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

well once, no like several times, i was in the back seat of someones car when some aspect of the infinite create(D and R) comes down to me , sometimes its sweet benevolance but it has been devilish and malevolent too, and explains once again that i am just a miniscual part of a devine whole but that the rest of the "flock" is just a bunch of fucking idiots who need to be set strait... ummm i am kind of uncomfortable going to far with this.
please stare very intently upon my avatar and personal picture for more clues
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them Bones
when the "fire in the skies" chages to fire in the eyes then you remeber that the alien is you, ostircized and terrible but who cares when you carry such a message of hope.
THERE IS A LIVING GOD THAT WILL TALK DIRECTLY FUCKING TO YOU ~Bill H.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them Bones
when the "fire in the skies" chages to fire in the eyes then you remeber that the alien is you, ostircized and terrible but who cares when you carry such a message of hope.
THERE IS A LIVING GOD THAT WILL TALK DIRECTLY FUCKING TO YOU ~Bill H.
05-09-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson

another great album that will leave you with chills if you listen to it at the right moment is Glenn Danzig's Black Aria... in fact i think its about that time right now
Old 05-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson

another great album that will leave you with chills if you listen to it at the right moment is Glenn Danzig's Black Aria... in fact i think its about that time right now
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
05-09-2006, 04:10 PM

I never had an alien encounter on acid, but I did have a transcendental experience once. I was tripping and doing whippets with a couple of friends. It was some really clean acid straight from a Grateful Dead show and I did two hits. We were taking turns doing the whippets with a balloon and on one of my turns I decided I wanted to try doing two cartridges at once. I had something like a near-death experience with fog and a light, and came in contact with what/who I somehow knew was God. He offered me the chance to go with him right then and there and be at peace with no pain, or I could go back to life and my life would be difficult, but I would be able to help a lot of people. I chose to go back to my body and immediately came to with my friends standing over me slapping my face and asking if I was okay. They said my lips were turning blue and they were scared. It was quite an experience. No aliens though.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
Prana

Bincount™: 8

I never had an alien encounter on acid, but I did have a transcendental experience once. I was tripping and doing whippets with a couple of friends. It was some really clean acid straight from a Grateful Dead show and I did two hits. We were taking turns doing the whippets with a balloon and on one of my turns I decided I wanted to try doing two cartridges at once. I had something like a near-death experience with fog and a light, and came in contact with what/who I somehow knew was God. He offered me the chance to go with him right then and there and be at peace with no pain, or I could go back to life and my life would be difficult, but I would be able to help a lot of people. I chose to go back to my body and immediately came to with my friends standing over me slapping my face and asking if I was okay. They said my lips were turning blue and they were scared. It was quite an experience. No aliens though.
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM

One time me and my friend were walkin around my enightbohood (I live in the country) and half way through Faaip on my ipod we started seein 2 thinngs int eh light flyin in wierd patterns. Wierd coincidence. Freaky shit.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

One time me and my friend were walkin around my enightbohood (I live in the country) and half way through Faaip on my ipod we started seein 2 thinngs int eh light flyin in wierd patterns. Wierd coincidence. Freaky shit.
mattsmom's Avatar mattsmom
05-10-2006, 08:01 AM

Many years ago....orange sunshine from Mr. Osley himself. Very pure, could have been a wonderful trip except for my own personal "encounter". I was not "coming along nicely" you might say, so my boyfriend at the time went to get help for me. While he was gone I saw a person? sitting? on a bench near me. (I was in a park) It's arms were outstretched. I had the feeling that it wanted to give me solice. I remember kneeling down and allowing myself to be embraced. Not cool. This is when I felt it's skin. Like wet clay. Almost slippery. And yes, a grey color. I started to 'lose myself', thought I was dying. That's all I can remember. Next thing I know I'm at the hospital getting a very thankful bringdown. I could not speak for a week and stuttered for almost a year after that trip. Needless to say, I never did acid again. Like I stated in the beginning of this discourse, this was many years ago. Way before I even knew about the color or texture of an "alien". Rosetta Stoned brought this memory back almost full force.

11/23/96 - tool @ the electric factory - philadelphia, PA
07/11/98 - tool @ the tweeter center - camden, NJ (ozzfest)
05/20/01 - tool @ the hammerstein ballroom - new york city
09/27/01 - tool @ the first union center - philadelphia, PA
08/12/02 - tool @ the sovereign bank arena - trenton, NJ
10/29/02 - tool @ the first union spectrum - philadelphia, PA
05/17/06 - tool @ the tower theater - philadelphia, Pa
09/28/06 - tool @ the tweeter center - camden, NJ
Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Many years ago....orange sunshine from Mr. Osley himself. Very pure, could have been a wonderful trip except for my own personal "encounter". I was not "coming along nicely" you might say, so my boyfriend at the time went to get help for me. While he was gone I saw a person? sitting? on a bench near me. (I was in a park) It's arms were outstretched. I had the feeling that it wanted to give me solice. I remember kneeling down and allowing myself to be embraced. Not cool. This is when I felt it's skin. Like wet clay. Almost slippery. And yes, a grey color. I started to 'lose myself', thought I was dying. That's all I can remember. Next thing I know I'm at the hospital getting a very thankful bringdown. I could not speak for a week and stuttered for almost a year after that trip. Needless to say, I never did acid again. Like I stated in the beginning of this discourse, this was many years ago. Way before I even knew about the color or texture of an "alien". Rosetta Stoned brought this memory back almost full force.

11/23/96 - tool @ the electric factory - philadelphia, PA
07/11/98 - tool @ the tweeter center - camden, NJ (ozzfest)
05/20/01 - tool @ the hammerstein ballroom - new york city
09/27/01 - tool @ the first union center - philadelphia, PA
08/12/02 - tool @ the sovereign bank arena - trenton, NJ
10/29/02 - tool @ the first union spectrum - philadelphia, PA
05/17/06 - tool @ the tower theater - philadelphia, Pa
09/28/06 - tool @ the tweeter center - camden, NJ
greg vs greg
05-10-2006, 10:59 PM

As I listened to Rosetta Stoned for the first time, it brought me to tears because that's exactly how I felt for months. This has the potential to be a very long story...

Last summer I went up to Lawrence, Kansas from Wichita to visit a friend and to pick up some good pot. I smoked a couple bowls, and the experience I had after that was unlike any other time I'd ever smoked. Basically, I thought that I was trying to send myself messages from the future, and that my friend and some other guy in the room were trying to help guide me to whatever realization it was that I was supposed to reach. Finally, after hours of going through tons of puzzles and analyzing countless signals from them, I realized that I had to ask my mom the following question...

"Tell me about the time you had premarital sex."

This made no sense to me. My mom is a hardcore Christian. She has a masters degree in Christian ministeries. She was a virgin until she married my dad. This is what I always believed, and it made no sense to believe otherwise. I left Lawrence and came back home. I tried to talk myself out of it. I was simply high, and that was all.

But then shit got crazy. I'm not going to get into specifics unless you all actually want me to, since it would take a long time to tell the whole story. But I went through 6 months of some crazy shit because of that night. Some of the stuff you wouldn't believe. Fuck, I don't even believe a lot of it. The climax was on October 25. I finally asked my mom that question. Turns out she wasn't a virgin when she met my dad. Not only that, she had been expecting me to ask, and she was under the belief that I would because of similar signs that she had received when she was much younger (before I was even born!). She revealed a lot of other things that I couldn't have prepared myself to hear. As a result of that night, I ended up breaking up with my girlfriend. I prayed and finally said, "I give up. Clearly I'm not in control of things and I'm being taken down a path I can't possibly comprehend. I trust you." Less than an hour later I met the woman who is now going to be my wife. October 26 was her birthday, and she had prayed to meet "someone like me" (her words). The day I met her, the craziness which had been a part of my life every day from that first day, suddenly stopped.

Overwhelmed is what you'd be if placed in my position. What I've gone through during the last year of my life is supposed to be impossible.

EDIT: Just to make myself clear on the first part. No, I don't think I sent myself messages back in time. I was high at the time. That's what I always believed. But that night did open my eyes to many new things and it helped me discover possibilities which I'd never considered before. At this point, the number of coincidences I experienced are hard to chalk up to being, well, a coincidence. I'm obligated to acknowledge a higher form of intelligence. Be that God, a strong sense of subconscious intuition, or something else entirely, I don't know. But there is something else going on in the universe, and it affects us all. I have to believe that now.

Last edited by greg vs greg; 05-10-2006 at 11:24 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

As I listened to Rosetta Stoned for the first time, it brought me to tears because that's exactly how I felt for months. This has the potential to be a very long story...

Last summer I went up to Lawrence, Kansas from Wichita to visit a friend and to pick up some good pot. I smoked a couple bowls, and the experience I had after that was unlike any other time I'd ever smoked. Basically, I thought that I was trying to send myself messages from the future, and that my friend and some other guy in the room were trying to help guide me to whatever realization it was that I was supposed to reach. Finally, after hours of going through tons of puzzles and analyzing countless signals from them, I realized that I had to ask my mom the following question...

"Tell me about the time you had premarital sex."

This made no sense to me. My mom is a hardcore Christian. She has a masters degree in Christian ministeries. She was a virgin until she married my dad. This is what I always believed, and it made no sense to believe otherwise. I left Lawrence and came back home. I tried to talk myself out of it. I was simply high, and that was all.

But then shit got crazy. I'm not going to get into specifics unless you all actually want me to, since it would take a long time to tell the whole story. But I went through 6 months of some crazy shit because of that night. Some of the stuff you wouldn't believe. Fuck, I don't even believe a lot of it. The climax was on October 25. I finally asked my mom that question. Turns out she wasn't a virgin when she met my dad. Not only that, she had been expecting me to ask, and she was under the belief that I would because of similar signs that she had received when she was much younger (before I was even born!). She revealed a lot of other things that I couldn't have prepared myself to hear. As a result of that night, I ended up breaking up with my girlfriend. I prayed and finally said, "I give up. Clearly I'm not in control of things and I'm being taken down a path I can't possibly comprehend. I trust you." Less than an hour later I met the woman who is now going to be my wife. October 26 was her birthday, and she had prayed to meet "someone like me" (her words). The day I met her, the craziness which had been a part of my life every day from that first day, suddenly stopped.

Overwhelmed is what you'd be if placed in my position. What I've gone through during the last year of my life is supposed to be impossible.

EDIT: Just to make myself clear on the first part. No, I don't think I sent myself messages back in time. I was high at the time. That's what I always believed. But that night did open my eyes to many new things and it helped me discover possibilities which I'd never considered before. At this point, the number of coincidences I experienced are hard to chalk up to being, well, a coincidence. I'm obligated to acknowledge a higher form of intelligence. Be that God, a strong sense of subconscious intuition, or something else entirely, I don't know. But there is something else going on in the universe, and it affects us all. I have to believe that now.

Last edited by greg vs greg; 05-10-2006 at 11:24 PM..
praefector's Avatar praefector
05-11-2006, 12:28 AM

i had a 'revelation' once

but it wasnt on acid, shrooms, or amt/dmt

it was actually a dxm trip, old fashion style "robotrip", with 2 and a half bottles of vick's.

i ended up rolling a basketball (i thought it was a planet... don't ask) along a crevice in the roof of my house and suddenly was able to grasp the connection between gravity and light.

no aliens though, aliens arent scary to me and theres no point in obsessing over things you can't comprehend. they just have to come to you like waves of inspiration.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #11
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

i had a 'revelation' once

but it wasnt on acid, shrooms, or amt/dmt

it was actually a dxm trip, old fashion style "robotrip", with 2 and a half bottles of vick's.

i ended up rolling a basketball (i thought it was a planet... don't ask) along a crevice in the roof of my house and suddenly was able to grasp the connection between gravity and light.

no aliens though, aliens arent scary to me and theres no point in obsessing over things you can't comprehend. they just have to come to you like waves of inspiration.
by2day
01-21-2020, 08:34 PM

Would love to give my experience.....but the moderators will just delete it like they always do;
Old 01-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Would love to give my experience.....but the moderators will just delete it like they always do;

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply