opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/07/04 - Kristiansand, NOR - Quart Festival

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Sober
Lateralus
Opiate
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/07/04 - Kristiansand, NOR - Quart Festival

Thank you for a grand concert tonight in Kristiansand. You delivered the package perfect.
We saw you in London Hammersmith and it was the way it should be.
I am very happy with the set that was different, kicking off with Stinkfist..Pot..46-2..schism..sober..
We hit a good spot for the sound and I can still hear you. Great.

All I can say right now is:
to understand life is hard, at least pick the right TOOL

erndog
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Good morning!

Setlist:
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Sober
Opiate
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Highlights: Forty Six & 2 - so powerful live. Schism with the amazing new middle part. Opiate! Lateralus, thrilled me back in 2001, but completely took me off yesterday. It's unbelievable how the band is able to lift the final (from the gong) to even higher levels than on the album. At this point the whole body is shivering, but when you think you've felt it all, you are just about to enter total euphoria.

I hope this was just the "vorspiel" (75 minutes) and that the band will return for a late fall tour in Europe - and give us a chance to see Tool perform 10.000 Days, Rosetta Stoned and Right in Two live... :)

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel...701/tool12.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Once again it proved impossible to have a real festival here in Norway.
The short setlist was played, only augmented by Opiate.

From what I remember, this is the correct one... but I could be wrong.

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi (highlight.. great effective vids)
Schism (incredible, best of the evening together with Opiate.. that new build-up part sounds so unbelievably badass)
Sober
Opiate (Hadn't counted on hearing it, taking the mood here into consideration. But they played it, and it sounded incredible. Cool new parts here too.)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

A gig with some brilliant moments, but most of the evening was killed by the people attending. Drunken prep-school assholes just running around. The band gave the impression that they weren't really sure of what vibe the audience was giving back to them.. though there were many real fans there, and we sure shouted and sang enough. But some cold, uncomfortable vibe hindered the gig from rising to another level.. It was hinted upon in Schism and Opiate, but sadly it fell apart. In the end, some idiot climbed the stage from behind, ran onstage before Maynard (who was standing with his hands out to the side in disbelief) and stripped off his shirt and threw it around. A security guy came and pulled him down short after, but damage was done. After that Maynard only said a short, annoyed "Well yeah ok, goodnight." .. No "Se you in November!" or anything. And I don't blame them.. that damn festival doesn't deserve such a band.

Last edited by ruby; 07-05-2006 at 01:29 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

Fantastic day indeed with Wolfmother, Opeth, Placebo and Tool. Tool delivered a tight and an extremly good performance. The sound was great and it was fascinating to watch these extraordinary performers live.

I have added some pictures to http://www.flickr.com/groups/toolshed/ and will probably add a video later today.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 03:22 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Fantastic gig by Tool!

My 3rd (Arvika 1994 and Roskilde 2001) My 4th will be on friday in Gothenburg ;)

Good Opinions:
- MY GOD!!! they sound good together and are tight as hell.
- Maynard sings like a god, he did the real insane scream on Opiate(!)
- I can't get enough of them
- Excellent choice of setlist. Missed only Right in Two and h. (personal favorite :)
- Insane light show with the screens in the back

Bad Opinions:
- WHY does every festival sound technician have to overmix the bassdrum? I don't get it? Especially on a band like TOOL when he knows Danny plays double bass drum, and when he does you can't hear anything but the bass drums and the vocals. It was the same thing on Opeth earlier, it was the same thing on both Edguy, soulfly and Helloween on Graspop in Belgium ... why why why? ... can anybody tell me?
- The norwegian idiot who ran up on stage and completley ruined the evening for both the real fans and for Maynard who obiously was offended. He sang the whole song Aenima facing the screen/the side of the stage and didn't move an inch. After the song was finished he just went off stage while Danny, Adam and Justin thanking the crowd. If I could get my hands on that IDIOT I'll strangle him. I drove 500 kilometers from Sweden starting at 6:30 AM the same morning and drove back during the night ... sorry for the rant ... :)
- The grown 100kg Norwegian viking-wannabees who after 3 songs tried to squeeze their way to the front not caring for us who took our place and waited for over an hour (I got a cramp in my leg even ... )

Last edited by Mnementh; 07-05-2006 at 03:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 06:04 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

According to my notes, they played Opiate after Lateralus. This is what I wrote down:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Sober
Lateralus
Opiate
Vicarious
Ænema

I was expecting something similar to Roskilde, and was very pleased when they played Opiate afterall. For a moment I thought they weren't going to play it.

Things Maynard said:

- Lovely to be here.
- Go ahead, sing, it's a lovely song. (After they started on The Pot, and the audience tried to sing along, which didn't work out at first.)
- Happy birthday to Hilde and Helene (unsure about the names, sounded like Norwegian names)
- Thank you.
- You're damn right! (Unsure about this one)
- Are you all comfortable?
- Thank you for your patience, time and support.
- Thank you, good night! (Not to the audience, but to the guy that made it onto the stage right before Ænema).

Audun
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Tool as a headliner is amazing, it was so powerful compare to the other bands. Its amazing!

Maynard: "Thank you for your patient!" Its 13 years since Tool performed in Norway...

See you inn Gøteborg, Metaltown this Friday!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

You are probably right about Lateralus being played before Opiate. Didn't take notes... About the audience, unfortunatly this is what we get on a festival like Quart. Hope to see them on a club next time... However, if Maynard was not giving his best on the last song due to a teenager running on the stage, hmmm... The audience was 10.000, of which about 5.000 are true lovers of Tool. What about giving them what they came for, instead of turning the back to the audience due to the behaviour of one individual? Anyway, the whole band delivered a fantastic act, dispite the lack of entusiasm on the last song. Thank you! For me personally, the Tool era started when I saw them warming up for RATM back in 93. Let's hope we don't have to wait another 13 years for Tool part 3 in Norway.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I loved this concert! The Sound was not quite as good as Roskilde, but the band performed perfect, and since there's such a small stage it was real easy to get a good spot anywhere without too much pushing. Plus, when they started it was still light outside, and with the small stage and "little" crowd maynard couldnt hide :P i got some good pictures, and im happy to upload some if anyone wants... Anyone got any good vids? id LOVE to see some, especially about that retarded fan, i didnt see that at the show, that is so fucking embaressing! I was pissed cause they didnt do Rosetta stoned like on Roskilde, maybe thats why?

oh, does anyone have any links to concert reviews or something?

and the bastard right next to me got dannys drumstick, god damn him :P

Last edited by lachrymolog; 07-05-2006 at 12:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

My first ever Tool concert, and I sure hope there will be more to come! I literally suffered from a severe case of the goosebumps throughout the whole performance, and it sure was an exquisite performance - probably The best concert I have ever attended.

The fcuker who climbed onstage should have been shot point blank in the head for his infantile behavior. MJK was clearly offended by this, along with yours truly.

Drexl: will you be adding that video you mentioned earlier? I'd sure love to re-live the moment =)

Last edited by drugthing; 07-07-2006 at 12:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: