Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Froudie
08-03-2013, 04:34 AM

I believe there is lots of evidence to suggest that Bethlehem Abortion Clinic and particularly it's catalog number (12134-66649-4) are a vital clue to unlocking Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis. Seeing as the Riemann Hypothesis is a mathematical concept, can this be related to the catalog number somehow?
Old 08-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #201
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?

I believe there is lots of evidence to suggest that Bethlehem Abortion Clinic and particularly it's catalog number (12134-66649-4) are a vital clue to unlocking Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis. Seeing as the Riemann Hypothesis is a mathematical concept, can this be related to the catalog number somehow?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Froudie
08-03-2013, 06:52 AM

Further Ideas...

Following up on the potential link between Cesaro Summation & the Riemann Hypothesis (both mathematical ideas). There was a picture disc made for the track Cesaro Summability...

Quoted from
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tool-signed-autographed-cesaro-lp-vinyl-promo

According to Craig Williamson, Tool's promo manager in the early days, there are only 25 of this signed version in existence. This was distributed mainly to employees and those close to the band, where the regular unsigned versions (rumored to be limited to 5,000 or so) were distributed to radio stations and stores around the country to promote the release of Aenima roughly 12 years go.

The next few bits are a bit more speculative...

The catalog number for this item is ZP17666-1 (a repeat of the number 666 number also contained in the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic Catalog Number 12134-66649-4, with it's obvious devil connotations)

Cesaro Summability (the track) could be the soundtrack to an abortion being performed at the clinic?

People who have possession of the Signed Cesaro Summability 12" Picture Disc are unlikely to play it for fear of damaging their valuable memorabilia
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #202
Level 4 - Thinker

Further Ideas...

Following up on the potential link between Cesaro Summation & the Riemann Hypothesis (both mathematical ideas). There was a picture disc made for the track Cesaro Summability...

Quoted from
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tool-signed-autographed-cesaro-lp-vinyl-promo

According to Craig Williamson, Tool's promo manager in the early days, there are only 25 of this signed version in existence. This was distributed mainly to employees and those close to the band, where the regular unsigned versions (rumored to be limited to 5,000 or so) were distributed to radio stations and stores around the country to promote the release of Aenima roughly 12 years go.

The next few bits are a bit more speculative...

The catalog number for this item is ZP17666-1 (a repeat of the number 666 number also contained in the Bethlehem Abortion Clinic Catalog Number 12134-66649-4, with it's obvious devil connotations)

Cesaro Summability (the track) could be the soundtrack to an abortion being performed at the clinic?

People who have possession of the Signed Cesaro Summability 12" Picture Disc are unlikely to play it for fear of damaging their valuable memorabilia
Froudie
08-03-2013, 07:52 AM

My Theory...

1. Tool recorded a secret track...

"Another thing about the “Aenima” recording that I remember, was a plan devised at the loft to create the ultimate hidden track."

2. They left a clue on Aenima...

"Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already."

The discerning listener will hear the song Cesaro Summability (the soundtrack to an abortion) linking it with Bethlehem Abortion Clinic in the Import Liner Notes (perhaps there is something hidden in the 'voices' contained in the track as well )

"Also, there was the thing about the mathematical formula encoded in the insert catalogue on the European issue of Aenima. Fortunately, nobody's figured that one out yet."

By saying mathematical formula people assume that a calculation is required. The mathematical formula is in title only - Cesaro Summability and it is an alias for the title "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" which is the actual title of track 12 on Aenima. It is decoded through listening to it and determining it's meaning.

“Aenima” was the first Tool project that I was asked to contribute something to, although this was merely a small part of the art design for the import, which I collaborated on with Shep’s talented girlfriend. (Or… was she merely his roommate?)"

Blair helped with the artwork for the Import CD - the fake albums

"Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (12134-66649-4)"

A soundtrack to an abortion is pretty dark?

3. Tool produce a limited edition rare item - The signed Cesaro Picture Disc (25-30 copies) containing the secret material and place it in obscure places where they will be snapped up by people and not played for fear of damaging the value of the memorabilia...

"Though having never been released to the general public, about 30 copies were surreptitiously placed in various record stores in European cities (most of them in Poland) by members of the band and their crew during a tour over there."..

"According to Craig Williamson, Tool's promo manager in the early days, there are only 25 of this signed version in existence . This was distributed mainly to employees and those close to the band, where the regular unsigned versions (rumored to be limited to 5,000 or so) were distributed to radio stations and stores around the country to promote the release of Aenima roughly 12 years go."

"Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, “Problem 8” , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track. Only, don’t go looking for it among your collection (most of you, that is!), as there are no more than 30 copies on the planet. As for those who have one, most, I’m sure, aren’t aware of it, even though it might be staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren’t aware of it, is because they’d never think to play it. Okay, enough said…"

4. Blair starts giving hints...

"All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details."

There is also a link in catalog numbers between the Cesaro Picture Disc and Bethlehem Abortion Clinic with both containing the devil's number - 666

5. Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis

"The title of this tune is “Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)”, and it was recorded many years ago – so long ago, in fact, that I don’t remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually ‘issued’ in a manufactured medium (though I’m not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape)."

When the title was chosen for the hidden track it needed to be linked to the clue that was made available. By choosing another mathematical formula it is linked with the theory of Cesaro Summation. Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis is an unsolved mathematical hypothesis, much like the unsolved hidden Tool track.

If the Riemann Hypothesis is solved soon...

"Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete."

The link between the unsolved maths formula and the 'unsolved' Tool track will be broken.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #203
Level 4 - Thinker

My Theory...

1. Tool recorded a secret track...

"Another thing about the “Aenima” recording that I remember, was a plan devised at the loft to create the ultimate hidden track."

2. They left a clue on Aenima...

"Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already."

The discerning listener will hear the song Cesaro Summability (the soundtrack to an abortion) linking it with Bethlehem Abortion Clinic in the Import Liner Notes (perhaps there is something hidden in the 'voices' contained in the track as well )

"Also, there was the thing about the mathematical formula encoded in the insert catalogue on the European issue of Aenima. Fortunately, nobody's figured that one out yet."

By saying mathematical formula people assume that a calculation is required. The mathematical formula is in title only - Cesaro Summability and it is an alias for the title "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" which is the actual title of track 12 on Aenima. It is decoded through listening to it and determining it's meaning.

“Aenima” was the first Tool project that I was asked to contribute something to, although this was merely a small part of the art design for the import, which I collaborated on with Shep’s talented girlfriend. (Or… was she merely his roommate?)"

Blair helped with the artwork for the Import CD - the fake albums

"Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (12134-66649-4)"

A soundtrack to an abortion is pretty dark?

3. Tool produce a limited edition rare item - The signed Cesaro Picture Disc (25-30 copies) containing the secret material and place it in obscure places where they will be snapped up by people and not played for fear of damaging the value of the memorabilia...

"Though having never been released to the general public, about 30 copies were surreptitiously placed in various record stores in European cities (most of them in Poland) by members of the band and their crew during a tour over there."..

"According to Craig Williamson, Tool's promo manager in the early days, there are only 25 of this signed version in existence . This was distributed mainly to employees and those close to the band, where the regular unsigned versions (rumored to be limited to 5,000 or so) were distributed to radio stations and stores around the country to promote the release of Aenima roughly 12 years go."

"Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, “Problem 8” , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track. Only, don’t go looking for it among your collection (most of you, that is!), as there are no more than 30 copies on the planet. As for those who have one, most, I’m sure, aren’t aware of it, even though it might be staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren’t aware of it, is because they’d never think to play it. Okay, enough said…"

4. Blair starts giving hints...

"All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details."

There is also a link in catalog numbers between the Cesaro Picture Disc and Bethlehem Abortion Clinic with both containing the devil's number - 666

5. Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis

"The title of this tune is “Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)”, and it was recorded many years ago – so long ago, in fact, that I don’t remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually ‘issued’ in a manufactured medium (though I’m not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape)."

When the title was chosen for the hidden track it needed to be linked to the clue that was made available. By choosing another mathematical formula it is linked with the theory of Cesaro Summation. Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis is an unsolved mathematical hypothesis, much like the unsolved hidden Tool track.

If the Riemann Hypothesis is solved soon...

"Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete."

The link between the unsolved maths formula and the 'unsolved' Tool track will be broken.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-04-2013, 02:38 PM

here are some other math-related tool titles: 4 degrees, forty-six & 2, third eye, no quarter, parabol/parabola, triad, wings for marie (part 1), 10000 days (wings part 2), right in two, & viginti tres
Old 08-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #204
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

here are some other math-related tool titles: 4 degrees, forty-six & 2, third eye, no quarter, parabol/parabola, triad, wings for marie (part 1), 10000 days (wings part 2), right in two, & viginti tres
08-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Whilst this is true, I feel they can be more closely categorised as numbers. Cesaro Summation and The Riemann Hypothesis are both actual mathematical concepts, a step above numbers.

Either way, I feel there is enough evidence to at least explore the idea further, although the odds of being able to locate one of the 25-30 signed Cesaro Summability Picture Discs and then getting the owner to play it seem quite small.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #205
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Whilst this is true, I feel they can be more closely categorised as numbers. Cesaro Summation and The Riemann Hypothesis are both actual mathematical concepts, a step above numbers.

Either way, I feel there is enough evidence to at least explore the idea further, although the odds of being able to locate one of the 25-30 signed Cesaro Summability Picture Discs and then getting the owner to play it seem quite small.
08-05-2013, 05:59 AM

i was just joking. tool is a math band - more than most. i do think you're onto something here, but i'm not sure it relies on tracking down the 30 or so people with the 30 or so cesaro summability vinyls. that doesn't seem like an "ultimate" hiding tactic. idk. i'm still caught up on this:

a near daily basis? should we make the jump to assume that he's talking about a framed vinyl, or framed/hung-up anything? what other tool-related things do tool-fans/collectors have "staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis"?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #206
Level 10 - Vehement

i was just joking. tool is a math band - more than most. i do think you're onto something here, but i'm not sure it relies on tracking down the 30 or so people with the 30 or so cesaro summability vinyls. that doesn't seem like an "ultimate" hiding tactic. idk. i'm still caught up on this:

a near daily basis? should we make the jump to assume that he's talking about a framed vinyl, or framed/hung-up anything? what other tool-related things do tool-fans/collectors have "staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis"?
08-05-2013, 06:18 AM

thanks Froudie, btw ...for compiling all of these posts. clues. i hope there's enough here to spark someone's memory or intention to find this elusive track. it may even turn out to be one of those "the key to the universe is in the song i sang to you when you were just a child" or some shit. "Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already." i suppose my bias is in hoping that "copies" means or refers to something wholly different, and that ANYONE - discerning enough - can figure this shit out. but. i'm also suuuper high right now, like, to the point where i'm "rediscovering" the incredible sounds coming out of cesaro summability. fuckin' incredible. how is this one of the most easily over-looked, skip-over-able tracks in tool's catalog? why do people so quickly chalk this up to "just a segue" track, as if it were stupid and pointless? fucking people...
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #207
Level 10 - Vehement

thanks Froudie, btw ...for compiling all of these posts. clues. i hope there's enough here to spark someone's memory or intention to find this elusive track. it may even turn out to be one of those "the key to the universe is in the song i sang to you when you were just a child" or some shit. "Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already." i suppose my bias is in hoping that "copies" means or refers to something wholly different, and that ANYONE - discerning enough - can figure this shit out. but. i'm also suuuper high right now, like, to the point where i'm "rediscovering" the incredible sounds coming out of cesaro summability. fuckin' incredible. how is this one of the most easily over-looked, skip-over-able tracks in tool's catalog? why do people so quickly chalk this up to "just a segue" track, as if it were stupid and pointless? fucking people...
08-05-2013, 06:34 AM

remember ever seeing BMB post a few tool memorabilia college images? most had a bunch of aenima-specific stuff. tool-wrench keychains. danny carey drumsticks. set-lists from germany. back-stage passes. 2002 tour posters & other shit. there's a magazine entitled "the number of the great beast". and i think a towelie doll/action-figure from south park (which may be a veiled reference to ajna, blue chakra, track 15 aenima?). all carefully spaced out, like a map of sorts. they've done it a few times. could be random, could be completely separate ...but i think it may be tied in with this problem 8 thing.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #208
Level 10 - Vehement

remember ever seeing BMB post a few tool memorabilia college images? most had a bunch of aenima-specific stuff. tool-wrench keychains. danny carey drumsticks. set-lists from germany. back-stage passes. 2002 tour posters & other shit. there's a magazine entitled "the number of the great beast". and i think a towelie doll/action-figure from south park (which may be a veiled reference to ajna, blue chakra, track 15 aenima?). all carefully spaced out, like a map of sorts. they've done it a few times. could be random, could be completely separate ...but i think it may be tied in with this problem 8 thing.
08-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #209
Level 10 - Vehement

08-05-2013, 07:56 AM

I know what you mean. And I did not see them go on to the TA exclusive "bazaar"

I'm off to find it. I posted some of our ramblings @ reddit.com/r/toolband I kinda regret it now but the cats out of the bag.

People are lazy fucks (me included)

edit: whoa tht is amazing timing, thanks you for the collage so quickly Imthema

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #210
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast
Bincount™: 2

I know what you mean. And I did not see them go on to the TA exclusive "bazaar"

I'm off to find it. I posted some of our ramblings @ reddit.com/r/toolband I kinda regret it now but the cats out of the bag.

People are lazy fucks (me included)

edit: whoa tht is amazing timing, thanks you for the collage so quickly Imthema

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 07:57 AM..
zombie
08-05-2013, 08:07 AM

So if you look at the doodle that towlie is pointing at in the collage it is similar to the one on the super rare signed cesaro sumability lp: http://images.cloud.worthpoint.com/w...908014ccba.jpg

You will see the similarity if you rotate (the dude is drowning therefore framed wrong/upside down)
I think they both look like glasses and are the same design, even though it could be his signature why would he draw it in the collage cover type thing. The point is the one towlie is pointing at is in the collage and it is with other sets of possibly records.

I think its just his signature but they look the same :/

Thoughts?

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #211

So if you look at the doodle that towlie is pointing at in the collage it is similar to the one on the super rare signed cesaro sumability lp: http://images.cloud.worthpoint.com/w...908014ccba.jpg

You will see the similarity if you rotate (the dude is drowning therefore framed wrong/upside down)
I think they both look like glasses and are the same design, even though it could be his signature why would he draw it in the collage cover type thing. The point is the one towlie is pointing at is in the collage and it is with other sets of possibly records.

I think its just his signature but they look the same :/

Thoughts?

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 08:13 AM..
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM

heh, his vinyl signature kinda looks like a concept sketch for the video vicarious. he turned his signature into a pair of eyeballs with mandy/brandy things coming out of 'em. and then an M.T.-Void type of guy ...thing. which is weird because that's really more of a justin chancellor thing. it doesn't look like adam jones' regular signature.
http://img.interia.pl/rozrywka/nimg/...id_6073437.jpg
Old 08-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #212
Level 10 - Vehement

heh, his vinyl signature kinda looks like a concept sketch for the video vicarious. he turned his signature into a pair of eyeballs with mandy/brandy things coming out of 'em. and then an M.T.-Void type of guy ...thing. which is weird because that's really more of a justin chancellor thing. it doesn't look like adam jones' regular signature.
http://img.interia.pl/rozrywka/nimg/...id_6073437.jpg
08-05-2013, 09:03 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Num...e_Beast_(novel) (From the table)

In the novel, the Biblical number of the beast turns out to be, not 666, but (6^6)^6, or 10,314,424,798,490,535,546,171,949,056, which is the initial number of parallel universes accessible through the continua device. It is later theorized by the character Jacob that the number may be merely the instantly accessible universes from a given location, and there is a larger structure that implies an infinite number of universes.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #213

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Num...e_Beast_(novel) (From the table)

In the novel, the Biblical number of the beast turns out to be, not 666, but (6^6)^6, or 10,314,424,798,490,535,546,171,949,056, which is the initial number of parallel universes accessible through the continua device. It is later theorized by the character Jacob that the number may be merely the instantly accessible universes from a given location, and there is a larger structure that implies an infinite number of universes.
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM

I still think we should be collating all the catalog numbers.

I found some better images but none that are what I can count on. I can't tell what all albums have them and I havent been able to get a decent image of this indert to save my life for the last decade.

Also not all of the "spurious" albums have cat #'s. BMB has already said thats where the "formula is"

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #214

I still think we should be collating all the catalog numbers.

I found some better images but none that are what I can count on. I can't tell what all albums have them and I havent been able to get a decent image of this indert to save my life for the last decade.

Also not all of the "spurious" albums have cat #'s. BMB has already said thats where the "formula is"

Last edited by zombie; 08-05-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
08-05-2013, 07:20 PM

So if we figure out what medium its on, someone still has to get a hold of a copy in order to extract the song. That alone is going to be difficult.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #215
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

So if we figure out what medium its on, someone still has to get a hold of a copy in order to extract the song. That alone is going to be difficult.
08-06-2013, 01:00 AM

I think it is really on an 8-track. No one would be looking for that, but the staring in the face part...
Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #216

I think it is really on an 8-track. No one would be looking for that, but the staring in the face part...
08-06-2013, 05:00 AM

Could the obsolete reference refer to the Toolband website which has been due a major overhaul for a long time?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #217
Level 4 - Thinker

Could the obsolete reference refer to the Toolband website which has been due a major overhaul for a long time?
zombie
08-06-2013, 07:52 PM

Dude, I just read some crazy shit. And the covers look just like 8 track cover art. And: ...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau writing the record. We recorded and mixed it on an 8-track in three days at Casablanca Recording Studios..." Maynard James Keenan - the fuck album is he talking about? Not Aenima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birotron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape

I do understand an 8-track is tape and a type of console. Both of those were obsolete back then.

one more edit:
Ronald P. Vincent
Rance Q. Spartley

All I see when I look at those names together I see -1.

Last edited by zombie; 08-06-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #218

Dude, I just read some crazy shit. And the covers look just like 8 track cover art. And: ...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau writing the record. We recorded and mixed it on an 8-track in three days at Casablanca Recording Studios..." Maynard James Keenan - the fuck album is he talking about? Not Aenima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birotron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape

I do understand an 8-track is tape and a type of console. Both of those were obsolete back then.

one more edit:
Ronald P. Vincent
Rance Q. Spartley

All I see when I look at those names together I see -1.

Last edited by zombie; 08-06-2013 at 07:59 PM..
08-06-2013, 10:15 PM

BMB writes of rennes le chateau in a couple newsletters, darklore vol. 4, & dannycarey.org. VERY INTERESTING STUFF. some of it reminds me of what chet zar is trying to do with his kickstarter, entitled EGO DEATH (see tool's "eulogy" - HE*). when i have the time i'll run through all of that shit again, maybe i'll find something new. it happens.

*everyone will have HIS day to die. -_-
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #219
Level 10 - Vehement

BMB writes of rennes le chateau in a couple newsletters, darklore vol. 4, & dannycarey.org. VERY INTERESTING STUFF. some of it reminds me of what chet zar is trying to do with his kickstarter, entitled EGO DEATH (see tool's "eulogy" - HE*). when i have the time i'll run through all of that shit again, maybe i'll find something new. it happens.

*everyone will have HIS day to die. -_-
08-06-2013, 10:19 PM

also. that is what i thought "before THINGS become obsolete" referred to. "i need to watch THINGS die". 44&2. same thing.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #220
Level 10 - Vehement

also. that is what i thought "before THINGS become obsolete" referred to. "i need to watch THINGS die". 44&2. same thing.
08-07-2013, 08:57 AM

I feel like we're getting somewhere with this, slowly getting there, but getting there nonetheless...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #221
Level 1 - Lurker

I feel like we're getting somewhere with this, slowly getting there, but getting there nonetheless...
BMoseley
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM

I think it's on an 8 track. Problem 8, 8 track. Problem 8 is an infinite loop, 8 tracks run on a loop with no fwd or rev. You can still get 8 tracks made today, a few bands have done it. You could do it in 1995-6 for sure.

Makes sense, but could be way off. I dunno, I just wanna hear the fuckin thing. Going on 8 damn years for a new album man. Some new material please, for christs sake.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #222
Level 2 - Poster

I think it's on an 8 track. Problem 8, 8 track. Problem 8 is an infinite loop, 8 tracks run on a loop with no fwd or rev. You can still get 8 tracks made today, a few bands have done it. You could do it in 1995-6 for sure.

Makes sense, but could be way off. I dunno, I just wanna hear the fuckin thing. Going on 8 damn years for a new album man. Some new material please, for christs sake.
zombie
08-08-2013, 01:24 PM

An old article written for this website a loong time ago says this:

"...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau
writing the record. We recorded and mixed it on an 8-track in three
days at Casablanca Recording Studios..."
Maynard James Keenan

Sounds like demos, kinda like the demos paul (or someone leaked) from 94. They aren't high quality. My point is what album is he talking about? Maybe Bethlehem Abortion Clinic/Problem 8. Its not too far out there to take MJK at face value in this quote. Its obviously NOT Aenima and Blair said he didn't remember who but he thinks Justin played on Problem 8. I think that is an allusion of this transitionary time where they obviously recorded of songs (No Quarter for one) Maybe while finding Pauls replacement they jammed (maybe it was in France). Just rambling, nothing to see here.

? Anyone know what WILMA magazine was in 1996, its NC womens interests now..
http://toolshed.down.net/articles/in...96--WILMA.html

I have also found out more about certain albums in the catalog and now I really want a real one (for the scans and I think it needs to be manipulated but that is a whole other post with more magick links in it coming soon)

Last edited by zombie; 08-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: spelling, decreasage of ramblingness.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #223

An old article written for this website a loong time ago says this:

"...we spent two years in the South of France at the Renne LeChateau
writing the record. We recorded and mixed it on an 8-track in three
days at Casablanca Recording Studios..."
Maynard James Keenan

Sounds like demos, kinda like the demos paul (or someone leaked) from 94. They aren't high quality. My point is what album is he talking about? Maybe Bethlehem Abortion Clinic/Problem 8. Its not too far out there to take MJK at face value in this quote. Its obviously NOT Aenima and Blair said he didn't remember who but he thinks Justin played on Problem 8. I think that is an allusion of this transitionary time where they obviously recorded of songs (No Quarter for one) Maybe while finding Pauls replacement they jammed (maybe it was in France). Just rambling, nothing to see here.

? Anyone know what WILMA magazine was in 1996, its NC womens interests now..
http://toolshed.down.net/articles/in...96--WILMA.html

I have also found out more about certain albums in the catalog and now I really want a real one (for the scans and I think it needs to be manipulated but that is a whole other post with more magick links in it coming soon)

Last edited by zombie; 08-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: spelling, decreasage of ramblingness.
aryzonabay
08-10-2013, 03:01 PM

One more thing to add - there is a town in Pennsylvania named Bethlehem (near Allentown) and there is an abortion clinic there. One would think because of Maynard's mention of religious topics (as well as the cover for the album) that it's referring to the the biblical Bethlehem in Israel, but you never know.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #224
Level 2 - Poster

One more thing to add - there is a town in Pennsylvania named Bethlehem (near Allentown) and there is an abortion clinic there. One would think because of Maynard's mention of religious topics (as well as the cover for the album) that it's referring to the the biblical Bethlehem in Israel, but you never know.
aryzonabay
08-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Check this shit out. Re-arrange the number 12134-66649-4 to 1-213-466-6494, a phone number. Google that. One result I found showed the owner residing at "1/2 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028" (They've omitted the full street address). What's even weirder is that the owner was listed as D****** C******, a male in his early 50s. Danny Carey is 52. I'm not fucking around here.

Unfortunately, I tried calling the number, and got a message that said "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please check the number and try again".
Old 08-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #225
Level 2 - Poster

Check this shit out. Re-arrange the number 12134-66649-4 to 1-213-466-6494, a phone number. Google that. One result I found showed the owner residing at "1/2 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028" (They've omitted the full street address). What's even weirder is that the owner was listed as D****** C******, a male in his early 50s. Danny Carey is 52. I'm not fucking around here.

Unfortunately, I tried calling the number, and got a message that said "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please check the number and try again".
aryzonabay
08-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzonabay View Post

Google it without the 1. (213) 466-6494. Spokeo link, it is the fourth record shown.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #226
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzonabay View Post

Google it without the 1. (213) 466-6494. Spokeo link, it is the fourth record shown.
08-10-2013, 05:15 PM

yeah, that's kinda weird. did you put "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please check the number and try again" through an online anagram generator yet? jk. any of the other catalog numbers do this?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #227
Level 10 - Vehement

yeah, that's kinda weird. did you put "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please check the number and try again" through an online anagram generator yet? jk. any of the other catalog numbers do this?
08-10-2013, 05:32 PM

I called a small town in NC (Sprice PIne) thanks to the number on the side of the AUS catalog (that has no catalog #'s) 828-765-3644

http://ia601201.s3dns.us.archive.org...2401906302.jpg
Old 08-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #228

I called a small town in NC (Sprice PIne) thanks to the number on the side of the AUS catalog (that has no catalog #'s) 828-765-3644

http://ia601201.s3dns.us.archive.org...2401906302.jpg
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM

There is a Bethlehem in NC, it is about 70 miles away from Spruce Pine. Also, zombie, I believe you mentioned that WILMA is a women's magazine from NC (Wilmington) as well.

Last edited by aryzonabay; 08-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: missed Wilmington detail
Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #229
Level 2 - Poster

There is a Bethlehem in NC, it is about 70 miles away from Spruce Pine. Also, zombie, I believe you mentioned that WILMA is a women's magazine from NC (Wilmington) as well.

Last edited by aryzonabay; 08-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: missed Wilmington detail
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
08-10-2013, 09:42 PM

∞infinite∞possibilities∞
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #230
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

∞infinite∞possibilities∞
toolboogie's Avatar toolboogie
08-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Yesterday I posted a link to pictures of all the album covers including their catalog numbers, but it doesn't show up here, why's that? I got the (1st press) EU version and ALL fake albums got a catalog number in that version.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #231
Level 1 - Lurker

Yesterday I posted a link to pictures of all the album covers including their catalog numbers, but it doesn't show up here, why's that? I got the (1st press) EU version and ALL fake albums got a catalog number in that version.
zombie
08-11-2013, 01:50 AM

My guess is you just joined and I think you have to get mod approval. Try posting a broken link or pm it to me and I will post it for you. Thank you for saying something! I have some ideas and I need to have this in my hands to try them out.

Last edited by zombie; 08-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: context
Old 08-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #232

My guess is you just joined and I think you have to get mod approval. Try posting a broken link or pm it to me and I will post it for you. Thank you for saying something! I have some ideas and I need to have this in my hands to try them out.

Last edited by zombie; 08-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: context
zombie
08-11-2013, 02:21 AM

25 Aug 02
THREE FAT FINGERS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN WILLIS!!

KAT

FWIW - there is a mention of that fake album in 2002.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #233

25 Aug 02
THREE FAT FINGERS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN WILLIS!!

KAT

FWIW - there is a mention of that fake album in 2002.
08-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #234

08-11-2013, 11:07 PM

The number of Gay Rodeo also appears to be a phone number. 818-506-5605. The internet says it is a landline in North Hollywood.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #235
Level 2 - Poster

The number of Gay Rodeo also appears to be a phone number. 818-506-5605. The internet says it is a landline in North Hollywood.
toolboogie's Avatar toolboogie
08-12-2013, 03:33 AM

You're welcome. If you need any more info, just ask, I got a massive Tool collection, you never know what's 'hidden' in there... So they didn't put those catalog numbers in the Aussie edition? Btw, I love the catalog number for 'Spring Boner', lol. 'Mungey the Clown' and 'Just up that dirt road' are the only ones that have 61422 in the catalog number, which is used a lot in Tool's catalogue.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #236
Level 1 - Lurker

You're welcome. If you need any more info, just ask, I got a massive Tool collection, you never know what's 'hidden' in there... So they didn't put those catalog numbers in the Aussie edition? Btw, I love the catalog number for 'Spring Boner', lol. 'Mungey the Clown' and 'Just up that dirt road' are the only ones that have 61422 in the catalog number, which is used a lot in Tool's catalogue.
08-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboogie View Post
indeed, thank you.

Code:
catalog numbers (in numeric order)
 1. 10987-65432-1	The Other White Meat
 2. 12121-21212-2	Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators
 3. 12134-66649-4	Bethlehem Abortion Clinic
 4. 12250-00000-3	The Christmas Album
 5. 12345-12345-6	Tetanus for Breakfast
 6. 12345-67891-0	Brown Magic and Big Appetites, Music from the Movie Soundtrack Jelly Donut
 7. 12549-80085-8	Spring Boner
 8. 18185-06560-5	Gay Rodeo
 9. 21546-89756-2	3 Fat Brown Fingers
10. 36243-61972-2	Bad Breath
11. 36948-12659-5	Two Weiners For Daddy
12. 36948-12659-8	Iced Pee
13. 46598-44421-8	I Smell Urine
14. 61422-00000-0	Just Up That Dirt Road: Tool Live! at the Acropolis
15. 61422-30000-0	Mungey the Clown
16. 77788-87878-8	Nurse Ketimella's Kit'chen

sequential numbers
 6. 12345-67891-0	Brown Magic and Big Appetites, Music from the Movie Soundtrack Jelly Donut

using two numbers

"36948-12659" (!)

"61422" + "00000"/3's

"666 & 49"

"BOOBS"

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 08-12-2013 at 05:32 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #237
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboogie View Post
indeed, thank you.

Code:
catalog numbers (in numeric order)
 8. 18185-06560-5	Gay Rodeo
 9. 21546-89756-2	3 Fat Brown Fingers
10. 36243-61972-2	Bad Breath
13. 46598-44421-8	I Smell Urine

sequential numbers

using two numbers

"36948-12659" (!)

"61422" + "00000"/3's

"666 & 49"

"BOOBS"

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 08-12-2013 at 05:32 AM..
08-12-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Occult themes are also integrated into the band’s artwork, from album covers and packaging, to tour posters, stage props, video stage projections and music videos. One example is the artwork found on the disc of the import release of Aenima (1996), which contains a sigil from plate #34 of The Goetia (Being the Lessor Key of Solomon), a seminal medieval grimoire. Blair Blake mentions this classic occult text while hinting at more occult secrets possibly concealed within the album packaging:

According to the author, the thirty-fourth Spirit is “Furfur”, who, when compelled by the Operator (i.e. Conjured up within a Triangle), once taking the form of an angel, gives TRUE answers both of things secret and Divine (if commanded). Some of these “secret and divine” things are actually revealed in the insert that came with CD, although there is no evidence that this has ever been discovered by any of the band’s fans. -- BMB
(http://dailygrail.com/Essays/2009/12/Occult-Rock & Darklore, Vol. 2)
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #238
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Occult themes are also integrated into the band’s artwork, from album covers and packaging, to tour posters, stage props, video stage projections and music videos. One example is the artwork found on the disc of the import release of Aenima (1996), which contains a sigil from plate #34 of The Goetia (Being the Lessor Key of Solomon), a seminal medieval grimoire. Blair Blake mentions this classic occult text while hinting at more occult secrets possibly concealed within the album packaging:

According to the author, the thirty-fourth Spirit is “Furfur”, who, when compelled by the Operator (i.e. Conjured up within a Triangle), once taking the form of an angel, gives TRUE answers both of things secret and Divine (if commanded). Some of these “secret and divine” things are actually revealed in the insert that came with CD, although there is no evidence that this has ever been discovered by any of the band’s fans. -- BMB
(http://dailygrail.com/Essays/2009/12/Occult-Rock & Darklore, Vol. 2)
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM

I think that there may be a cipher involved. Here is the lesser key of solomon
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/books/lesserkey/
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #239

I think that there may be a cipher involved. Here is the lesser key of solomon
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/books/lesserkey/
08-18-2013, 06:12 PM

what about the promo vinls for aenima? third eye, aenima promo, hell... maybe even stinkfist vinyls could be hiding somethin
Old 08-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #240
Level 1 - Lurker

what about the promo vinls for aenima? third eye, aenima promo, hell... maybe even stinkfist vinyls could be hiding somethin

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply