opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 13. Faaip de Oiad
User Name
Password
Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 336
Enochian title - a few questions.

Okay, two things. The first is easy, and I'll get it out of the way first:

Recently, I was looking at a few online Enochian dictionaries (out of interest, obviously), and I came across something: with one of these everything checks out, but with a different one I get something slightly different:

faaip = voices
de = your
oiad = (of) God

faaip de oiad = voices of your god

What the fuck's this? Personally, though, I like this one a lot better - it has a much different tone which could probably work here just as well, if not better. If there is anyone on this forum who is an expert on Enochian, can the validity of this be confirmed or denied? Thank you.

The second thing: why is the title in Enochian in the first place? I'm having some difficulty finding any specific reason for it... other than the obvious that Enochian was the supposed language of the angels, which I doubt is the reason.

Thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Level 20 - Saget
Suicide Booth ID: 16

Bincount™: 1522
Re: Enochian title - a few questions.

I don't remember making this thread....
Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

i still am not sure as to the point of this track. a couple possibilities are one, that after being enlightened and rising to our halo in triad, we are able think for oursleves, so faaip de oiad is somewhat of a test, think for yourself as to if what the frantic area 51 employee is babbling about is something of urgency or not.

secondly, another possibilty is that we thought we were enlightened but when we hear the voice of god or your god or whatever, its not really what we were exoecting. therefore, there is still work to be done.

there is defintely a connection between each ending track and the following album; third eye connects aenima to lateralus, faaip de oiad definitely connects lateralus to 10k days, rosetta stoned, lost keys, and other references to angels. This whole idea of connecting one to another is related to tree of life in which the highest crown is also the lowest crown. keter is malkuth on the following tree. but i wont get into that to much here

but faaip de oiad and its overal connection to lateralus is still surrounded by ambiguity. hopefully we can get some thinkers to add their opinions on it before the moths are attracted to the light
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralareallofus View Post
i still am not sure as to the point of this track. a couple possibilities are one, that after being enlightened and rising to our halo in triad, we are able think for oursleves, so faaip de oiad is somewhat of a test, think for yourself as to if what the frantic area 51 employee is babbling about is something of urgency or not.

secondly, another possibilty is that we thought we were enlightened but when we hear the voice of god or your god or whatever, its not really what we were exoecting. therefore, there is still work to be done.

there is defintely a connection between each ending track and the following album; third eye connects aenima to lateralus, faaip de oiad definitely connects lateralus to 10k days, rosetta stoned, lost keys, and other references to angels. This whole idea of connecting one to another is related to tree of life in which the highest crown is also the lowest crown. keter is malkuth on the following tree. but i wont get into that to much here

but faaip de oiad and its overal connection to lateralus is still surrounded by ambiguity. hopefully we can get some thinkers to add their opinions on it before the moths are attracted to the light
hm, you got me on something there...
maybe the idea about putting faaip at the end of the album, that embraces the idea of ego annihilation for personal ascension, is to put some weight on the "earth", which is the "other", or dark side. the brother/lover of light. therefore a sense of "fear" about the things told in that radio interview is created and thus leads to the ambiguity of vicarious/10,000days/rosetta. its obvious that 10,000 days is a more "down to earth" album, because it also embraces the "dark side". so, in that context, faaip gives lateralus a completeness, keeping it on the "ground" and not lifting everything up into that darn "hippy-haze". god is not just the lovin bundle of joy, but als0 that damn fear of being eaten up...

just a hunch ;D

peace

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: