opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 13. Faaip de Oiad
User Name
Password
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39
Connection to "Rosetta Stoned"?

Do you suppose "Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned" was intended to be a prequal to "Faaip de Oiad"? I mean I know that Tool did not actually write "Faaip de Oiad," but I think it fits:

Someone in another post (Medusa, perhaps) said that Area 51 empoyees did a lot of LSD, and the protagonist of RS was certainly on hallucinigens.

FdO: "I'm a former employee of Area 51."
RS: "In my need-to-know pose just outside of Area 51" (implying that he was on a need-to-know basis within Area 51.

FdO: "I was just released on medical discharge."
Lost Keys is about a guy in a hospital.

I heard "Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned" before I heard "Faaip de Oiad," and I was reminded of RS the first time I heard FdO. "Rosetta Stoned" could be this guy's fictional backstory. "Faaip de Oiad" could be the recording of what he said as soon as he remembered what he was supposed to tell us.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Connection to "Rosetta Stoned"?

huh good thread but no one will ever know but great thought

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: