opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 13. Faaip de Oiad
User Name
Password
Old 12-19-2002, 05:22 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
The Voice of Deception

Well, here's my interpretation of this little snippet. We all know this was a call in to a radio show and was proved a hoax. And we also know that "Faaip de Oiad" means "Voice of God". What if Tool put a known hoax on and named it the Voice of God in a way of saying the voice of god is deception. Meaning that religion in a way is like all the abominable snowman sightings we've heard so much about, just a way of pulling the wool over the masses. That's just my two cents.

Cheers.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:04 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Well damn dude, you might have hit onto something here. Good detective work.

vl
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: The Voice of Deception

I think you're on to something too, but I would attack it from a different angle.

I think that the context is saying that the man who called into Art Bell is the 'voice of god' because here is the pentultimate case of someone thinking for themselves and questioning authority.

This man is so scared out of his wits, but still, in his gut, he's thinking for himself and 'doing the right thing' by calling Art Bell and letting his story be told.

It is that intestinal fortitude (personal courage - one of the core Army values, BTW) that lets this man be the 'voice of God'

That's just my take, tho...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

maybe tool is simply saying the voice of good is the aliens. the aliens are god. it makes sense. Aliens come from the sky, and so do god. and since god is our creator supposeively, then maybe our origins are alien as well. you never know.
its hard for me to believe N Sync is music, but it seems more likely that aliens exist.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

To take this concept even further, that the voice of God is one of deception, one most go back to the album art where it is revealed that God exists in our minds (the word "God" spelled out in the grey matter of the brain).

These two intrinsically linked clues can lead us down some very interesting pathways.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgorgi View Post
To take this concept even further, that the voice of God is one of deception, one most go back to the album art where it is revealed that God exists in our minds (the word "God" spelled out in the grey matter of the brain).

These two intrinsically linked clues can lead us down some very interesting pathways.
I think thats it right there. But it is a really interesting song...I like it.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgorgi View Post

So, are we to ignore the voice of god, the voice of deception in our minds? Perhaps not overthinking the whole "god" idea or religion in general... would lead us to connect the body and the mind, rather than separate?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3208

Here goes Maynard again, getting you all to overanalyze everything!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

There a difference between overanalyzing and exploring concepts... and I think thats a huge ANNYOING problem people have on these boards... "over analyzing" would be where you anazlyze to the point where the true meaning becomes unknown... im tired of lazy people trying to stop the rest of us from exploring and expanding our minds... we're not OVER analyzing... we're just analyzing... and despite what your god maynard says... im going to continue analyzing... thank you
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

THANK YOU MORNING GLORY... i hate it when people use that line and then think its clever...
Old 12-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

i think that when i psychic is "seeing" your dead mother behind you, as in many accounts I've heard, such as, "I see her she's standing right beind you, shes <insert accurate description>" are similar to when you "see" something in a dream. And I think these "visions" are a direct result of you, thinking hard and picturing your mom in the presence of the psychic. Perhaps your thoughs are changing "subtle winds," as in Buddism, and the psychic enters a state of openmindness where she is seeing waht you are visualizing by letting her consousness of thought "flow" with these subtle and very subtle winds...I have heard of dream manipulation. And if dream manipulation does in fact occur during sleep, I would think it would also be possible to manipulate the awake, although much harder since I would think it would be more difficult to overcome your waking senses of physical reality.. IDK if this were true I would concure that UFO sightings are just illusions, and that any true sightings could not be photographed with a camera, but only seen by something like a human of something with a brain with simular abilities of thought and imagination as ourselves. Also remember "roseta stoned" where the guy has a serious revelation in which he was told some crazy shit that seemed so real and seemed to make perfect sense. I've had a simular experience when waking. I'm waking up and im not fully awake and fall in and out of sleep. In between these fallings I feel as if when I wake up something is making sense.. I get a sensation that my dreams are telling me something extremely important about life. I get the sensation that this MAKES sense. Although seemingly earth shattering I just fall back asleep, soon to wake with the same sensation. When im in the shower though, i remember the sensation but do not remember only one detail about the "dream". In the only words i can I sum up this dream as me, knowing I'm dreaming, and me feeling as if I were to stay alseep that things would happen around me and I'd feel them happen I i'd realize they are happening.. I know this does not make sense to anyone. It does not make sense to myself. I cant remember the revelation I seemed to have. I think this feeling of understanding and enlightenment that I had for a few minutes before waking for school, that btw felt GREAT, was an example of the power of our mind to make anything make sense, even though in our waking moments we disregard these moments of extreme clarity because they cannot be explained through language and physical reality. If this feeling is possible to be felt throughout ones life, i would equate it with nirvana. If this state continued for years, i would function as a retard to you, but inside I would be in bliss and everything would make sense no matter if whats making sense is physical or just a gifment of my imagination
Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #12
Hym
Level 4 - Thinker

Another point worth mentioning is that Faipp de Oiad is Enochian, which is a fake language. It is pretty clear to me that the meaning of this track is to do with the concept of God being similar to aliens in the sense that both are unproven beings that people believe in and cannot fully understand. You could also argue that the comparison further states that the government use religion to control people.

As far as the word "God" hidden in the brain of the man in the artwork, I don't think it's saying that God is a creation of our mind, but rather our mind is what creates us, that we are our own God, and this fits in with the band's interest in Satanism, as well as the Bill Hicks quote, "we are the imagination of ourselves."

Just a thought or two...
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

HEY ITS MAYNARD!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

dude, you've got the whole thing backwards i think.

This is something that people will not believe, and usually religion tells you what you want to hear, and many people believe it. but this, you wouldn't normally believe. in other words, this is saying that the true word of god is something that people ignore.

it could also be linked to rosetta stoned...

well, after reading some of the responses, i see that most of you have come to similar conclusions as mine.

birdfleet: I've had experiences like that, except they only lasted a fraction of a second. One time I felt like if time just suddenly went away, and this moment was going to last forever. It got me by surprise, but it was a great feeling.

Last edited by one with nature; 01-03-2007 at 10:58 AM..
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

1) enochian is the language of the "angels" or what i like to call "extradimentional beings"

2) plus, you failed to point out that the show was cut off for 30 min and just because someone calls back saying it was a hoax doesnt mean its that same person. i listened to another show that almost happened this exact same way. it was the debate over intelligent design and an atheist said that the only way he would ever believe in intelligent design is if aliens created us but then those aliens would have had to have been created by aliens, etc etc... anyways the guy stopped talking, then seconds later the show was cut off, then someone came on to say that they were having difficulties, then they came back on and the weirdest thing was that it was someone else talking for the atheist and saying he was that same guy but sounded different. the topic was totally changed ofcourse. i appologize for not remembering the date or the station it was played on. all i know is that they did replay it later editing that whole part out. but anyways it seems very similar to faaip de oiad.

the secret government is not stupid, but they know a majority of the population is. when i listened to that intelligent design show in my english class i couldnt help but notice that no one caught what was going on. it was very sneaky. when people hear stuff like that heard on the art bell radio they pray that its a hoax. people cant handle the truth. someone just easily calling in saying its a hoax b/c it just gives everyone the relief they want and then never think twice that it isnt a hoax after that cause they dont want to think like that.... kinda weird how things work. people would rather believe lies then truth. people would rather sleep then be awake. they would rather dream then live in the real world. this is a fact that u cant deny.

3).... even if i told u what this song meant you wouldnt like to accept it. although i will say that tool is probably telling you to wake up(accept it) and smell the coffee instead of keeping your head in the sand

ps....dont say i over analyzed this cause to be honest i dont think there was that much analyzing here at all

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality."<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
1) enochian is the language of the "angels" or what i like to call "extradimentional beings"

2) plus, you failed to point out that the show was cut off for 30 min and just because someone calls back saying it was a hoax doesnt mean its that same person. i listened to another show that almost happened this exact same way. it was the debate over intelligent design and an atheist said that the only way he would ever believe in intelligent design is if aliens created us but then those aliens would have had to have been created by aliens, etc etc... anyways the guy stopped talking, then seconds later the show was cut off, then someone came on to say that they were having difficulties, then they came back on and the weirdest thing was that it was someone else talking for the atheist and saying he was that same guy but sounded different. the topic was totally changed ofcourse. i appologize for not remembering the date or the station it was played on. all i know is that they did replay it later editing that whole part out. but anyways it seems very similar to faaip de oiad.

the secret government is not stupid, but they know a majority of the population is. when i listened to that intelligent design show in my english class i couldnt help but notice that no one caught what was going on. it was very sneaky. when people hear stuff like that heard on the art bell radio they pray that its a hoax. people cant handle the truth. someone just easily calling in saying its a hoax b/c it just gives everyone the relief they want and then never think twice that it isnt a hoax after that cause they dont want to think like that.... kinda weird how things work. people would rather believe lies then truth. people would rather sleep then be awake. they would rather dream then live in the real world. this is a fact that u cant deny.

3).... even if i told u what this song meant you wouldnt like to accept it. although i will say that tool is probably telling you to wake up(accept it) and smell the coffee instead of keeping your head in the sand

ps....dont say i over analyzed this cause to be honest i dont think there was that much analyzing here at all

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality."<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^
I really have to question the validility of the claims you made. You say that people dont want to except these "truths" you seem to be so inflated with... but really, it looks more like you are just jumping on whatever mysterious conspiracies you can with very little evidence.

I mean, I have seen plenty of "interdimensional beings making deals with satan worshipping politicians to create a totalarian one world order" conspiracies.... but whenever I check the sources they are unreliable and easily fooled into believing things. You might not believe that stuff word for word, but it certainly seems like your someone who is swayed easily by equally prepostorous claims by equally unreliable sources. All I want from people like you is one or two solid pieces of evidence to back up these assertions and I will be more leanient in my judement, but up until the present I have yet to see any.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.112358 View Post
it looks more like you are just jumping on whatever mysterious conspiracies you can with very little evidence.
if u noticed in my post i appoligized about my lack of evidence and i am trying to find a recording. i could see if my old teacher still has a copy.

i couldnt help but notice how quick you are too judge in my actions. what makes you think that i jump on whatever conspiracy when i only talked about one? how did u come to the conclusion that im easily swayed? my source was not present but it doesnt mean its unreliable. i do not expect people to believe me; because i stated that i have no evidence. me talking about my story wasnt to prove the existence of aliens. the whole point was only to use it as a comparison of how ive heard a similar cover up to faaip de oaid on the art bell show and my interpretation on how the public or the station reacts or takes things in. this is only a thought, for im not 100% that these are the truth.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
if u noticed in my post i appoligized about my lack of evidence and i am trying to find a recording. i could see if my old teacher still has a copy.

i couldnt help but notice how quick you are too judge in my actions. what makes you think that i jump on whatever conspiracy when i only talked about one? how did u come to the conclusion that im easily swayed? my source was not present but it doesnt mean its unreliable. i do not expect people to believe me; because i stated that i have no evidence. me talking about my story wasnt to prove the existence of aliens. the whole point was only to use it as a comparison of how ive heard a similar cover up to faaip de oaid on the art bell show and my interpretation on how the public or the station reacts or takes things in. this is only a thought, for im not 100% that these are the truth.
I'll admit that I had been a bit presumptious there, and sorry for that. But your mentioning of a secret government and these aliens just hinted at claims of a similiar nature, but I admit I dont know that for sure and my response was unnecessary.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

lllvllledusa

Having heard the recordings of the Art Bell show used in this track I'd be very interested if you could track down a recording of the show you mentioned. Any ideas as to region, date, etc.?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:02 AM   #20
Banned.

im not so sure if it was bbc or not, b/t 2003 and 2005 (sorry i really dont know). i heard it on a cassette. i did some research and the atheist is antony flew (kinda funny, i did a search thinking his name was alex and then i saw the name anthony, thought it sounded more fam., searched that, and then antony flew popped up!) i was so happy to find him.

it was a debate over intelligent design. i tryed looking for this everywhere in the past and now and couldnt find much. if u can find it that would be great.

this show gave him a bad rep. for atheists.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am View Post
I think you're on to something too, but I would attack it from a different angle.

I think that the context is saying that the man who called into Art Bell is the 'voice of god' because here is the pentultimate case of someone thinking for themselves and questioning authority.

This man is so scared out of his wits, but still, in his gut, he's thinking for himself and 'doing the right thing' by calling Art Bell and letting his story be told.

It is that intestinal fortitude (personal courage - one of the core Army values, BTW) that lets this man be the 'voice of God'

That's just my take, tho...
If he had "intestinal fortitude"...he would not have called in with a prank story there guy
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I can't help but be reminded of the War of the Worlds broadcast that sent so many people into panic.
(A quote from a novel, but still very nicely worded)
"People are stupid, they will believe a lie either because they want it to be true or because they fear it is."

I've always wondered if religion isn't just a massive government cover-up, but there is no proof either way.

The majority of people are not content to say "I don't know". They feel that there has to be a "higher power" that there has to be some purpose. To suit these needs, they believe in something that can not be proven. If it can't be proven true, than it can't be proven false, and they are content.
I don't know that its necessarily saying "its a hoax".
I think its just another message to think for ourselves.
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. ~Albert Einstein
Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

First off, if the caller to Art Bell's show was not joking, it was not a hoax then what tool was trying to communicate with this track is that the enochian language is not fake, the angelical language is not fake and there is a voice of god. What I mean is that I think Danny and Blair know for sure whether or not the enochian language is fake and that the point of this song is to say that in Danny's opinion the caller to Art Bell's show was not a hoax.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: