opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 13. Faaip de Oiad
User Name
Password
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Ticks & Leeches + Faaip de Oiad

Okay, okay, so I decided to give Ticks & Leeches another chance today (I'm not a huge fan of it). While listening to the song I thought about how people had mixed (really, they just placed the tracks over each other) Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days, and Viginti Tres. I began thinking of the length of the filler Faaip de Oiad and the length of the bridge in Ticks & Leeches. So, I decided to "mix" them. After doing so I was pleasently suprised to find that they fit rather well together. Sure, the track ends after the heavy part kicks in, but it still ends in a good section, just before Maynard starts to sing. This is probably just a coincidence, though; I doubt they're really connected, especially when you look at the lyrics

If you're going to test this out for yourself, make sure that Faaip de Oiad kicks in right as the soft part starts.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: Ticks & Leeches + Faaip de Oiad

I'm curious when people start playing 3, 4 or 5 Tool songs simultaniously, and think it makes a "new hidden track".
Old 12-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

It's only two tracks, though. I honestly don't hear what everyone's talking about when they play Viginti Tres, 10,000 Days, and Wings For Marie. It makes sense, but that doesn't mean it sounds good.
As for this, it sounds cleaner.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

I seriously doubt people are gonna try it. There's just too much of these so-called hidden Tool tracks that fans make up. It's getting kinda boring.

Like you stated earlier, it's clearly coincidence.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: