Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
ikepgh
11-22-2007, 08:46 PM

3rd time I've seen Tool, second time this year (saw them on 10,000 Days back in May). I had GA tickets this time around and we managed to be directly in front of Maynard, 5 rows back. All I can say is that it was an incredible night in New Orleans, much better and tighter sounding than it was this spring, in my opinion. The crowd's vibe was overall laid back as it always is in the 'Big Easy'. Some minor moshing and surfing but nothing intolerable on the floor. Flood was absolutely incredible! The dual drumming in Lateralus was without a doubt the highlight of the show for me. The band hug at the end of the show was also memorable.

Before I left I tried to buy one of those posters after the show and the guy in front of me got the "last one". Except, when he looked in the tube it was actually from Houston...not New Orleans. As he was talking to the cashier, I watched the "last two" display ones come down and get sold to other people...kinda bummer for him (and me) as he ended up just getting his money back.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

3rd time I've seen Tool, second time this year (saw them on 10,000 Days back in May). I had GA tickets this time around and we managed to be directly in front of Maynard, 5 rows back. All I can say is that it was an incredible night in New Orleans, much better and tighter sounding than it was this spring, in my opinion. The crowd's vibe was overall laid back as it always is in the 'Big Easy'. Some minor moshing and surfing but nothing intolerable on the floor. Flood was absolutely incredible! The dual drumming in Lateralus was without a doubt the highlight of the show for me. The band hug at the end of the show was also memorable.

Before I left I tried to buy one of those posters after the show and the guy in front of me got the "last one". Except, when he looked in the tube it was actually from Houston...not New Orleans. As he was talking to the cashier, I watched the "last two" display ones come down and get sold to other people...kinda bummer for him (and me) as he ended up just getting his money back.
OFFLINE |  
Gilgamesh
11-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Greetings, my brothers and sisters.

First, this was my 8th show in 13 months. In order...Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Vegas back to back, Ft. Wayne, Cincy and New Orleans.

Second, while it was the my favorite large venue show, it was my 4th favorite this tour, behind Chicago and both Pearl shows.

Third, yes, Flood rocked. Howver, I still long for Pushit.

Fourth, the new videos, including the one for Flood, were cool.

Fifth, liked the "intermission" more than the guys sitting on the stage and inspiring the crowd to fire up their lighters.

Sixth, love Danny Carey, but the extended drum solo is growing old. Would rather have another song...Aenima.

Now, the tough part...waiting for the next album and tour...3.5 years.

Rock on.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Greetings, my brothers and sisters.

First, this was my 8th show in 13 months. In order...Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Vegas back to back, Ft. Wayne, Cincy and New Orleans.

Second, while it was the my favorite large venue show, it was my 4th favorite this tour, behind Chicago and both Pearl shows.

Third, yes, Flood rocked. Howver, I still long for Pushit.

Fourth, the new videos, including the one for Flood, were cool.

Fifth, liked the "intermission" more than the guys sitting on the stage and inspiring the crowd to fire up their lighters.

Sixth, love Danny Carey, but the extended drum solo is growing old. Would rather have another song...Aenima.

Now, the tough part...waiting for the next album and tour...3.5 years.

Rock on.
OFFLINE |  
Indecentchild1062
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM

TO Justin Chancellor:

After that night i have a new respect for you man this was my second concert, and i was sitting front center and every song you played let me kno how much u deserve to b in tool. You are a awesome player your ability to keep time with danny is impecable during rossetta stoned your hand were flying up and down that bass. i have a picture of you sitting down while u were playin 10,000 Days and the light shined on u and i swear u looked like jesus jammin out. and for the rest of the band u guys have made an art out of the music you play every song u played that night hit me like a ton of bricks. and maynard when u threw that water bottle i had it cuffed in my arms then sum jackass ripped it right out b4 i even knew it jambi, rocked my socks off, always love hearing stinkfist and its always great to hear u guys keep schism on beat even if it was about 4 times faster than normal u guys were freakin tearin it up and to hear flood it was a dream come true. we were sittin in line b4 the show and we were listening to flood sayin you guys would never play that (what were the odds right lol) and last time u guys played lateralus with the drummer from king Crimson and i must say danny was in a happier mood at this show totally playing off the drummer from trans am laughing and all the but all in all you guys made this the second best experience of my life (after the birth of my daughter) and ill say everyone that was around us friends and others you guys made this the best tool show ever thank you tool rocks and maynard you are a modern idealist and cant wait for the next tour/cd

ps adam you are a genius

TOOL......F**K YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

TO Justin Chancellor:

After that night i have a new respect for you man this was my second concert, and i was sitting front center and every song you played let me kno how much u deserve to b in tool. You are a awesome player your ability to keep time with danny is impecable during rossetta stoned your hand were flying up and down that bass. i have a picture of you sitting down while u were playin 10,000 Days and the light shined on u and i swear u looked like jesus jammin out. and for the rest of the band u guys have made an art out of the music you play every song u played that night hit me like a ton of bricks. and maynard when u threw that water bottle i had it cuffed in my arms then sum jackass ripped it right out b4 i even knew it jambi, rocked my socks off, always love hearing stinkfist and its always great to hear u guys keep schism on beat even if it was about 4 times faster than normal u guys were freakin tearin it up and to hear flood it was a dream come true. we were sittin in line b4 the show and we were listening to flood sayin you guys would never play that (what were the odds right lol) and last time u guys played lateralus with the drummer from king Crimson and i must say danny was in a happier mood at this show totally playing off the drummer from trans am laughing and all the but all in all you guys made this the second best experience of my life (after the birth of my daughter) and ill say everyone that was around us friends and others you guys made this the best tool show ever thank you tool rocks and maynard you are a modern idealist and cant wait for the next tour/cd

ps adam you are a genius

TOOL......F**K YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply