Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Winter ("AU Summer") 2011
User Name
Password
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM

SETLIST --

Third Eye
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus
Ænema
Stinkfist

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 01-24-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
01.23.11 - Big Day Out - Gold Coast

SETLIST --

Third Eye
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus
Ænema
Stinkfist

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 01-24-2011 at 02:41 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
diabz's Avatar diabz
01-23-2011, 07:21 AM

Setlist (I think):
Third Eye (Salival version)
Jambi
(Justin fakes to Flood, plays) Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus
Ænema
Stinkfist (not extended which was :()

I'm off chops from a sweet BDO and I know I've covered all the songs but the order is hazy. Shit sound production (fucken BDO), AMAZING NEW VISUALS, the guys made a few mistakes and weren't so tight but it's been four years almost to the day and they could've come onstage, farted and pissed in my face then left I still would have eaten it up.
01/06/06: I DO NOT BELIEVE. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS NO "GOD". THERE IS NO "GOD". can you not see the definition between the two? honestly. i don't have a belief because for me to have a belief i would therefore consider the idea. but i don't even consider it. i never said i had proof there was no "god" for fuck's sake. just get a grip on the subject.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.23.11 - Big Day Out - Gold Coast

Setlist (I think):
Third Eye (Salival version)
Jambi
(Justin fakes to Flood, plays) Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Flood
Schism
Lateralus
Ænema
Stinkfist (not extended which was :()

I'm off chops from a sweet BDO and I know I've covered all the songs but the order is hazy. Shit sound production (fucken BDO), AMAZING NEW VISUALS, the guys made a few mistakes and weren't so tight but it's been four years almost to the day and they could've come onstage, farted and pissed in my face then left I still would have eaten it up.
01/06/06: I DO NOT BELIEVE. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS NO "GOD". THERE IS NO "GOD". can you not see the definition between the two? honestly. i don't have a belief because for me to have a belief i would therefore consider the idea. but i don't even consider it. i never said i had proof there was no "god" for fuck's sake. just get a grip on the subject.
diabz's Avatar diabz
01-23-2011, 08:00 AM

As a follow-up, Justin starting Flood and then them going into Vicarious fucking killed my buzz. They opened with Flood in the first ever concert I ever went to ever ever, did the intro and smashed us with the song then slid into The Grudge almost unnoticed, so I was royally pissed when I thought I wasn't going to hear it. And sadly when they did pull it out, it lacked an intro, but it was tight...

Not doing extended Stinkfist threw me right off, I didn't sing "I'll keep digging". That's only half their fault, but it was the closing song...... :(

Third Eye was FUCKING AWESOME. There is no other way to describe the sensation I got hearing that first "thump thump" after the seemingly endless Les Chant De Sirènes (sp) because I knew IMMEDIATELY that I was about the pry it open and it felt SO GOOD. I also had never seen them perform this song in any form live before, which brings me to...

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient; ranks in the top 6 on my list of faves, first time for me seeing them perform it and it was so lovely to be treated by the boys with this baby.

Schism and Lateralus were extended versions, and Ænema was a highlight as usual.

More if I think of anything :D
Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

As a follow-up, Justin starting Flood and then them going into Vicarious fucking killed my buzz. They opened with Flood in the first ever concert I ever went to ever ever, did the intro and smashed us with the song then slid into The Grudge almost unnoticed, so I was royally pissed when I thought I wasn't going to hear it. And sadly when they did pull it out, it lacked an intro, but it was tight...

Not doing extended Stinkfist threw me right off, I didn't sing "I'll keep digging". That's only half their fault, but it was the closing song...... :(

Third Eye was FUCKING AWESOME. There is no other way to describe the sensation I got hearing that first "thump thump" after the seemingly endless Les Chant De Sirènes (sp) because I knew IMMEDIATELY that I was about the pry it open and it felt SO GOOD. I also had never seen them perform this song in any form live before, which brings me to...

Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient; ranks in the top 6 on my list of faves, first time for me seeing them perform it and it was so lovely to be treated by the boys with this baby.

Schism and Lateralus were extended versions, and Ænema was a highlight as usual.

More if I think of anything :D
diabz's Avatar diabz
01-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Haha oh yeah, I was the guy in the white singlet with "FREE HUGS 4 TOOL FANS" :D
Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Haha oh yeah, I was the guy in the white singlet with "FREE HUGS 4 TOOL FANS" :D
qz8rdr
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Here is my two cents worth:

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. I didn’t realize they were doing the Timothy Leary intro so I got a very pleasant surprise.

They really need to work out which version of Stinkfist they are going to play. It seemed that Danny thought it was going to be the extended mix whilst Adam and Justin just played the regular version. Of course, Danny being Danny, he was able to correct himself within a heartbeat so it probably went unnoticed by most. There were a few smiles on stage from Adam and Justin though. I think I recall someone posting that they had a similar issue in Auckland.

The intro to Lateralus seemed a little strange. I don’t know whether they are doing it differently live now or if there was just some confusion on stage.

Was quite surprised to hear the aquatic songs considering the recent events in Queensland but I am glad they played them. Although I would have preferred Intolerance to Flood. They played the full intro version of Flood on the Lateralus tour and I’ve never heard Intolerance live. Hope fully it will get played at one of the side shows or at the Melbourne BDO.

I have to agree with diabz, the mix was shit. As soon as the band got loud, Maynard’s vocals disappeared. I really am hoping that it was just the usual festival shit sound and not how it’s going to be at the side shows. Guess I will find out in about 10 ours.

The visuals were awesome although the screen behind Danny was having some issues and often went black or became pixilated. Can’t wait to see it tonight in a far better venue.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Here is my two cents worth:

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. I didn’t realize they were doing the Timothy Leary intro so I got a very pleasant surprise.

They really need to work out which version of Stinkfist they are going to play. It seemed that Danny thought it was going to be the extended mix whilst Adam and Justin just played the regular version. Of course, Danny being Danny, he was able to correct himself within a heartbeat so it probably went unnoticed by most. There were a few smiles on stage from Adam and Justin though. I think I recall someone posting that they had a similar issue in Auckland.

The intro to Lateralus seemed a little strange. I don’t know whether they are doing it differently live now or if there was just some confusion on stage.

Was quite surprised to hear the aquatic songs considering the recent events in Queensland but I am glad they played them. Although I would have preferred Intolerance to Flood. They played the full intro version of Flood on the Lateralus tour and I’ve never heard Intolerance live. Hope fully it will get played at one of the side shows or at the Melbourne BDO.

I have to agree with diabz, the mix was shit. As soon as the band got loud, Maynard’s vocals disappeared. I really am hoping that it was just the usual festival shit sound and not how it’s going to be at the side shows. Guess I will find out in about 10 ours.

The visuals were awesome although the screen behind Danny was having some issues and often went black or became pixilated. Can’t wait to see it tonight in a far better venue.
diabz's Avatar diabz
01-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Hey mate, I'll be there too, we're heading up to grab a spot in line in about an hour or so, so if you walk up to the front of the general admission line and say "Tool Navy!" I'll give you the hug you missed yesterday :P
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey mate, I'll be there too, we're heading up to grab a spot in line in about an hour or so, so if you walk up to the front of the general admission line and say "Tool Navy!" I'll give you the hug you missed yesterday :P
cal88
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM

First time seeing Tool since 2002. Was a great show, with plenty of songs I haven't seen before. A few stuff ups but they had a relaxed mood. I would take anything after Iggy Pop, that was an hour of ear and eye torture. Loved Flood, my mate who isn't much of a Tool fan loved it. I never tire of hearing that 6/8 7/8 riff. Patient was definitely a highlight.

The start of Lateralus I think Adam came in out of time with the Toms sequence so they had to work it out on the run.

Overall great show, but I bet tonight is going to be 100x awesomer. Hopefully they got their screens fixed.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

First time seeing Tool since 2002. Was a great show, with plenty of songs I haven't seen before. A few stuff ups but they had a relaxed mood. I would take anything after Iggy Pop, that was an hour of ear and eye torture. Loved Flood, my mate who isn't much of a Tool fan loved it. I never tire of hearing that 6/8 7/8 riff. Patient was definitely a highlight.

The start of Lateralus I think Adam came in out of time with the Toms sequence so they had to work it out on the run.

Overall great show, but I bet tonight is going to be 100x awesomer. Hopefully they got their screens fixed.
Crib
01-24-2011, 01:36 AM

Is it normal not being able to hear maynards voice much in the mosh? Was disappointing in that regard otherwise a good show.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Is it normal not being able to hear maynards voice much in the mosh? Was disappointing in that regard otherwise a good show.
diabz's Avatar diabz
01-24-2011, 06:41 AM

No it isn't.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

No it isn't.
ThatToolGuy
01-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Show was great apart from the amount of retards in The "D" and all the pushing and shoving and crushing... started in the first 3 rows ended up outside the D during Third eye after being pushed over twice by 16 year old idiots who think it's cool to push and crush people.

Sound was Bad for the most part not Tool's fault though, typical BDO sound issues. Entertainment centre show the night after's sound was sooo much better.

My first time seeing tool after liking them since i was 16 (30 now) so was soooo pumped to see them, and they didn't disapoint. Already looking forward to new album and potential tour for it's release @@ !!!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Show was great apart from the amount of retards in The "D" and all the pushing and shoving and crushing... started in the first 3 rows ended up outside the D during Third eye after being pushed over twice by 16 year old idiots who think it's cool to push and crush people.

Sound was Bad for the most part not Tool's fault though, typical BDO sound issues. Entertainment centre show the night after's sound was sooo much better.

My first time seeing tool after liking them since i was 16 (30 now) so was soooo pumped to see them, and they didn't disapoint. Already looking forward to new album and potential tour for it's release @@ !!!
BassMasta87
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM

I hate the moshing that always happens at Tool shows in general. I don't understand the drive during their sets. I also thought the sound was horrible, but it might have been the speakers. I personally didn't like them opening with Third Eye. I thought it was weird and misplaced. I don't need a Top Hit to start the show, but I don't want to hear the end at the beginning.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

I hate the moshing that always happens at Tool shows in general. I don't understand the drive during their sets. I also thought the sound was horrible, but it might have been the speakers. I personally didn't like them opening with Third Eye. I thought it was weird and misplaced. I don't need a Top Hit to start the show, but I don't want to hear the end at the beginning.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply