Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
enklined
12-18-2007, 08:38 AM

Yea, I called about 3 minutes after I purchased to confirmt hat they were signed by the band. She told me no, and then told me I could have a refund.

I'm just going to take the raping, I think. Great concert, great souvenir.

Wow, yea....Vegas' are only $35...wonder what the deal is there.
Money can buy a lot of things...for everything else, there's Tool.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Dec 11 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic

Yea, I called about 3 minutes after I purchased to confirmt hat they were signed by the band. She told me no, and then told me I could have a refund.

I'm just going to take the raping, I think. Great concert, great souvenir.

Wow, yea....Vegas' are only $35...wonder what the deal is there.
OFFLINE |  
banned's Avatar banned
12-18-2007, 08:49 AM

Holiday in Cambodia

Quote:
So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know you've seen it all
In daddy's car
Thinkin' you'll go far
Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin' that you know
How the niggers feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
Right Guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear…
Brace yourself, my dear…

It's a holiday in Cambodia
It's tough, kid, but it's life
Don't forget to pack a wife

You're a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well you'll work harder
With a GUN in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son…
What you need, my son…

Is a holiday in Cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot,
Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot...

And it's a holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll do what you're told
A holiday in Cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul

Pol Pot!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #82
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Holiday in Cambodia

Quote:
So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know you've seen it all
In daddy's car
Thinkin' you'll go far
Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin' that you know
How the niggers feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
Right Guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear…
Brace yourself, my dear…

It's tough, kid, but it's life
Don't forget to pack a wife

You're a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well you'll work harder
With a GUN in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son…
What you need, my son…

Is a holiday in Cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot,
Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot...

And it's a holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll do what you're told
A holiday in Cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul

Pol Pot!
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM

from printmafia:

the posters are not signed by the band. Those were only available at the shows. The only unsigned by Print Mafia ones available were the $20 copies at the shows.

We print editions of 100. As they sell and the quantity available becomes smaller the price naturally increases. The San Francisco one is at $80 due to the swift sales in the first days after it became available online. We have just a few copies left and it may go to $100 by Thursday.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #83
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

from printmafia:

the posters are not signed by the band. Those were only available at the shows. The only unsigned by Print Mafia ones available were the $20 copies at the shows.

We print editions of 100. As they sell and the quantity available becomes smaller the price naturally increases. The San Francisco one is at $80 due to the swift sales in the first days after it became available online. We have just a few copies left and it may go to $100 by Thursday.
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Thanks godhenry. I figured it had something to do with supply/demand :p

Ah, anyway, we've digressed a bit. How bout that fucking concert eh? Still can't believe it. TOO GOOD. :p
Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #84
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Ah, anyway, we've digressed a bit. How bout that fucking concert eh? Still can't believe it. TOO GOOD. :p
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enklined View Post

Amen to that!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #85
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by enklined View Post

Amen to that!
12-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
from printmafia:

Well I wanted one and would buy one but not at that inflated price.I'm willing to bet I can pick up the SF show poster cheaper in a few months.
Or maybe I'll just be shit outta luck.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
from printmafia:

Well I wanted one and would buy one but not at that inflated price.I'm willing to bet I can pick up the SF show poster cheaper in a few months.
Or maybe I'll just be shit outta luck.
OFFLINE |  
tededfred
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM

All righty then.... picture this quick synopsis, if you will....

On Monday night I took a red eye flight to San Francisco, slept in my little brother's dorm room at USF got drunk and lifted. Wandered SanFran all day Tuesday taking photographs of vomit and homeless and bears oh, my! Bore witness to TooL at the civic center on Tuesday night. The 12/11 show had to be one of the 3 best performances I have ever seen of the 15 shows that I have attended. TooL was amazing, FLOOD was an unexpected surprise and the crowd went nuts in response. I'm still trying to digest all that has happened over the past week. Thinking back to the SF show, my whole week blurs and races past me... Maynard asked Adam if he would introduce the next guest, Adam just stared and him bemused and shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head.... Holiday in Cambodia, with Jello.....Extended Lateralus with Tim (How many fucking bands are you in?) Alexander and Sebastian from Trans Am.... The story continues to after the show, my brother found some blotter on the floor, I couldn't eat any since I had to fly back to PHX at 9 am on Wed morning and make it to work that afternoon.... in the am I took the muni from campus to the civic center and then I took BART to the airport.... Fucking San Fransicko.....worked half of wed and all of thurs, very distracted from what had happened on Tuesday night....woke up at 5am on friday morning to hit the road that is paved with gold to Las vegas.... Picked up little brother who had flown in from San Francisco after taking his last final on thursday evening and getting an hour of sleep on top of it all, in front of the belaggio. Checked in at Rio since I missed my opportunity to grab a room at the Palms....started drinking a little....walked to the palms buzzing, vegas was just about as cold as san fran...made my way to the FLOOR with good friend Anthony (I like Hookers) G....little brother had section 302, poop.... he ducked security.... hid in the womens bathroom....and bought a wristband for $20 from one of the coolest fucking people in the history of forever....shit my pants when I found my brother on the floor standing right next to me, couldn't believe it, holy fucking shit....Justin Played Jambi wearing a big black afro.... extended stinkfist never gets old... lasers were not as good as in San fran due to the size of the pearl...sound was better than san fran but the differences were slight... got the shit rocked out of me by TooL and got the shit kicked out of me by tools on the floor...why does one find it necessary to mosh and throw yourself around during 10k days and Wings? why? just give me one decent reason.....maynard advised us to stay away from the slot machines and to make sure to not get rufied/roofied (how the fuck do you spell it?) so that we did not find ourselves in a bathtub full of ice missing a vital organ....got me a puscifer business card and Anthony got one of justin's bass picks... I'm typing this before I take a shower and go back to work, which will seem like such a let down after the past week......like I woke up in wonderland......tootles
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #87
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

All righty then.... picture this quick synopsis, if you will....

On Monday night I took a red eye flight to San Francisco, slept in my little brother's dorm room at USF got drunk and lifted. Wandered SanFran all day Tuesday taking photographs of vomit and homeless and bears oh, my! Bore witness to TooL at the civic center on Tuesday night. The 12/11 show had to be one of the 3 best performances I have ever seen of the 15 shows that I have attended. TooL was amazing, FLOOD was an unexpected surprise and the crowd went nuts in response. I'm still trying to digest all that has happened over the past week. Thinking back to the SF show, my whole week blurs and races past me... Maynard asked Adam if he would introduce the next guest, Adam just stared and him bemused and shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head.... Holiday in Cambodia, with Jello.....Extended Lateralus with Tim (How many fucking bands are you in?) Alexander and Sebastian from Trans Am.... The story continues to after the show, my brother found some blotter on the floor, I couldn't eat any since I had to fly back to PHX at 9 am on Wed morning and make it to work that afternoon.... in the am I took the muni from campus to the civic center and then I took BART to the airport.... Fucking San Fransicko.....worked half of wed and all of thurs, very distracted from what had happened on Tuesday night....woke up at 5am on friday morning to hit the road that is paved with gold to Las vegas.... Picked up little brother who had flown in from San Francisco after taking his last final on thursday evening and getting an hour of sleep on top of it all, in front of the belaggio. Checked in at Rio since I missed my opportunity to grab a room at the Palms....started drinking a little....walked to the palms buzzing, vegas was just about as cold as san fran...made my way to the FLOOR with good friend Anthony (I like Hookers) G....little brother had section 302, poop.... he ducked security.... hid in the womens bathroom....and bought a wristband for $20 from one of the coolest fucking people in the history of forever....shit my pants when I found my brother on the floor standing right next to me, couldn't believe it, holy fucking shit....Justin Played Jambi wearing a big black afro.... extended stinkfist never gets old... lasers were not as good as in San fran due to the size of the pearl...sound was better than san fran but the differences were slight... got the shit rocked out of me by TooL and got the shit kicked out of me by tools on the floor...why does one find it necessary to mosh and throw yourself around during 10k days and Wings? why? just give me one decent reason.....maynard advised us to stay away from the slot machines and to make sure to not get rufied/roofied (how the fuck do you spell it?) so that we did not find ourselves in a bathtub full of ice missing a vital organ....got me a puscifer business card and Anthony got one of justin's bass picks... I'm typing this before I take a shower and go back to work, which will seem like such a let down after the past week......like I woke up in wonderland......tootles
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply