opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #4281
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't complain if they played all of Aenima, all of Lateralus, and Right in Two & The Pot as an encore...
that would be an awesome show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #4282
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

just got my tickets for the 5/29 ashesdivide show
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #4283
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanminded050 View Post
I agree. I have endless respect for Maynard as an artist, but I wouldn't be suprised if he was a huge prick if I had the chance to meet him. He has always had a "go f**k yourself" attitude toward the fans, and we love him for it. He's not a "smiley glad hand," he's an artist and what matters most is what he creates.
yeah i don't care much about how he acts towards his fans. he can be a prick all he wants. i respect him for his art and his intelligence. but what he said about wine and people was just lame. he was acting like a complete moron when he said "generally speaking, the people that are into wine are generally adults and respect people's space." that just has pretentiousness all over it and it's probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #4284
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfall View Post
just got my tickets for the 5/29 ashesdivide show
How's that album? I heard the one song they play on the radio and it sounded eerily...
Adult Contemporary-ish

Kind of like that new Filter song. Or maybe I'm just getting old.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 AM   #4285
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
How's that album? I heard the one song they play on the radio and it sounded eerily...
Adult Contemporary-ish

Kind of like that new Filter song. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

I like the music but I haven't gotten used to billy's voice yet.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #4286
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I wish Danny, Justin and Adam would make an album and tour with another singer to show MJK how much we care about THEM and could give a shit less about what he thinks about wine vs. rock fans. Kind of like when MJK went on APC tour.

Tool would never be tool without 'nard, but as far as the four band members go, MJK is last in my book. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone by stating this, I just have been tired of MJK's crap for a while and I have been watching them since '95.

Last edited by liecheatnsteal; 04-17-2008 at 02:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #4287
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

[QUOTE=liecheatnsteal;2451758]I wish Danny, Justin and Adam would make an album and tour with another singer to show MJK how much we care about THEM and could give a shit less about what he thinks about wine vs. rock fans. Kind of like when MJK went on APC tour.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
That is the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard. By the way who gives a shit what Maynard thinks do you buy Tool albums because you want Maynard to like you? Why do you hate on Maynard because he had/has side projects? If I am not mistaken Danny has another band that he is in and I would think MJK's feelings are not hurt one bit. And Im sure your reply will be "Well, I have been listening since 95 and he has done the same shit for years" Im sure MJK didn't join Tool/start writing music to be a fan favorite. It's his career, when he joined Tool he probably didn't think all of these fucking wackos would be stalking him at his house and following him where he goes. He didn't sign up for that. Who would? What do you want from him? Do you want him to have a reality show on A/E so you feel like you know him a little bit. I don't know I just don't get how you could say they should make an album without Maynard and tour without him. Once again that was just DUMB.

Last edited by Ross; 04-17-2008 at 03:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #4288
Level 7 - Loquacious

MJK does coooooocaaaaine!

well, at least thats what I think H. is about. haha, kidding ;)
I can see why they don't play those songs anymore though, the subject matter might give them flashbacks to how they felt when they were writing those songs. Always live in the present, even if the past looks wonderful.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #4289
Level 3 - Talker

you seriously think H. is about cocaine, not another drug that maybe starts with H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
MJK does coooooocaaaaine!

well, at least thats what I think H. is about. haha, kidding ;)
I can see why they don't play those songs anymore though, the subject matter might give them flashbacks to how they felt when they were writing those songs. Always live in the present, even if the past looks wonderful.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #4290
Level 3 - Talker

kinda think your jumping his ass a little bit. I think he may have been saying that for all the fans of tool have given to Maynard it is kinda shitty when he rips on them all the time. To say that wine drinkers are so much better than the fans that have made you millions is not all that cool. I have no problem with him not wanting people to invade his space but show some respect.

[QUOTE=Ross;2451806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liecheatnsteal View Post
I wish Danny, Justin and Adam would make an album and tour with another singer to show MJK how much we care about THEM and could give a shit less about what he thinks about wine vs. rock fans. Kind of like when MJK went on APC tour.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
That is the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard. By the way who gives a shit what Maynard thinks do you buy Tool albums because you want Maynard to like you? Why do you hate on Maynard because he had/has side projects? If I am not mistaken Danny has another band that he is in and I would think MJK's feelings are not hurt one bit. And Im sure your reply will be "Well, I have been listening since 95 and he has done the same shit for years" Im sure MJK didn't join Tool/start writing music to be a fan favorite. It's his career, when he joined Tool he probably didn't think all of these fucking wackos would be stalking him at his house and following him where he goes. He didn't sign up for that. Who would? What do you want from him? Do you want him to have a reality show on A/E so you feel like you know him a little bit. I don't know I just don't get how you could say they should make an album without Maynard and tour without him. Once again that was just DUMB.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #4291
Level 4 - Thinker

Thanks dvarnell, you got my point.

Ross, my problem has nothing to do with MJK's side projects, and has everything to do with the way he treats the fans. Dvarnell said it perhaps more concisely when he said, "he rips on the fans all the time." And I am not stocking him at his house or at the shows. A lot of stars get that crap, but they deal with it and know it is a few and not the majority. You don't hear Danny and Adam whining all the time in the press about it.

I know many will disagree with me; it is just my opinion. But I don't think I am the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by liecheatnsteal; 04-18-2008 at 06:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #4292
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard's statement about rock fans vs wine enthusiasts came as no suprise to me. I sure as hell don't think any differently of him. To him, we are all sheep flocking to the concerts and buying their records. All we know about him is what he sold us. Just listen to hooker with a penis again and it should all make sense.
Does anyone else miss the old Maynard who wore those rediculous outfits? I still get a kick out of watching old videos of him dancing around the stage with the wigs and the body paint.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #4293
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Damn you guys are being a little hard on Maynard for Wine Fans vs Rock fans comment. I think he has a valid point. You don't have wine fans rushing to get a wine makers autograph do you. Generally wine makers don't have to worry about going into public without getting mobbed. Now I agree alot of Tool fans are better about bothering the band but music fans in generally are really stupid being all star struck and bother the artists at dinner, while shopping, etc...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #4294
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarnell View Post
you seriously think H. is about cocaine, not another drug that maybe starts with H.
That was the joke.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #4295

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Well.. at least there's always Tommy's Joint! You guys do the sausage and peppers, corn beef and cabbage, or turkey dinner specials by any chance? Oh, and of course they have Boddington's on tap... yum!

Edit- dang just re-read and saw you had 'lunch' there. No matter- whaddya have?

/Love me some Tommy's!
tommy's was great...wife had the turkey (i helped her finish it of course)...i had the bbq beef sandwich ( bbq sauce was bad ass)...and the buffalo chile...good stuff...was the first time we ate there...the other two times we hung out were before tool and pearl jam...very familiar with the bar to say the least...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #4296
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
That was the joke.
MY BAD, GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT DOPE!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #4297

Bincount™: 2

Does anyone know what show was referenced which caused this to be posted:
Quote:
Updated Rule: linking to pirated/leaked anything = ban.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #4298

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarnell View Post
Its about making choices..... he has said it many times before performing it..

I just got back from a Barnes and Noble in Tulsa where I was reading an issue of Revolver. To my surprise I saw a preview ad inside for an issue of Revolver that will be in stores MAY 6th. ITS AN ALL TOOL ISSUE!!!! The issue is supposed to include one on one interviews from all four band members, never before seen pictures, and talks with production and touring people. Have they contacted you for an interview JUNOIR??? I guess there was some truth to that post by blair I cant wait!!.... On another note I am going to see AshesDivide in kansas city june 7th at rockfest which is a plus because i'm mainly going for STP!!!! anyway as for ashes divide, the music sounds similar to most of the APC stuff but the vocals are a quite a bit different as anticipated. Billy sounds pretty good tho I like em for now!!
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022

Last edited by Tmax; 04-21-2008 at 12:20 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #4299
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
I just got back from a Barnes and Noble in Tulsa where I was reading an issue of Revolver. To my surprise I saw a preview ad inside for an issue of Revolver that will be in stores MAY 6th. ITS AN ALL TOOL ISSUE!!!! The issue is supposed to include one on one interviews from all four band members, never before seen pictures, and talks with production and touring people. Have they contacted you for an interview JUNOIR??? I guess there was some truth to that post by blair I cant wait!!
Damn, I thought you were screwing around, but upon futher review... It's true!

(checked the Revolver forum and there's a bunch whining going on about it right now)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 AM   #4300
Level 7 - Loquacious

According to an exclusive Toolarmy post:

Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…

The post is accompanied by a picture take by Camella of a couple of deck-chairs on the beach, possibly sometime around sunset. I have no idea what this means. Should we or shouldn’t we speculate….

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #4301
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post

Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…
That's cool. Usually, bands give interviews around the release of something. Maybe Adam finally got done "The Pot" video/dvd, he was supposedly working on last winter.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #4302
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

The post is accompanied by a picture take by Camella of a couple of deck-chairs on the beach, possibly sometime around sunset. I have no idea what this means. Should we or shouldn’t we speculate….

Let us speculate and start some rumors. I have nothing better to do.
I think it means there'll be an album out next month, and the first single is hitting the radiowaves tomorrow. What do you guys think?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #4303
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

After reading that fourtheye post about the tool issue of Revolver.
"The issue, out on the 6th of May will contain interviews, unseen pictures, sketches, video storyboards from Adam."
That sounds a lot like Adam is going to talk about the making of "The Pot" video to me.

Plus the toolarmy exclusive " Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…"

And the "UPDATED RULE" suddenly making a re-appearance...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #4304
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
"The issue, out on the 6th of May will contain interviews, unseen pictures, sketches, video storyboards from Adam."
That sounds a lot like Adam is going to talk about the making of "The Pot" video to me.

Plus the toolarmy exclusive " Good things are coming… Be patient… Don’t speculate… Good things are coming… Just relax…"

one can only hope for good things :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #4305
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Tight!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #4306
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
The issue is supposed to include one on one interviews from all four band members, never before seen pictures, and talks with production and touring people. Have they contacted you for an interview JUNOIR???
I talked to someone from Revolver about a month ago.
It's hard to say what or how much of it will get used and how much will be out of context.
Hopefully it comes out OK, but I'll probably sound like a dork.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 AM   #4307

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I talked to someone from Revolver about a month ago.
It's hard to say what or how much of it will get used and how much will be out of context.
Hopefully it comes out OK, but I'll probably sound like a dork.
probably. :-p
Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 AM   #4308
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

This makes sense - Why Now have the updated rule? I'm thinking a new album will be released sometime between July and October ... The band members said that their next Album would be released "sooner rather than later" ...

I know Maynard has been working on other projects, but he has generally had a small role in the initial brainstorming process... Perhaps they have most of the songs written minus vocals and mixing?

- Well, at least thats my useless speculation...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #4309
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My guess would be something about the video for The Pot... blair did post it on 4/20 after all...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #4310
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturm View Post
My guess would be something about the video for The Pot... blair did post it on 4/20 after all...

Perhaps...

Also keep in mind that "Good Things" is plural, suggesting more than one development...

"Good things are coming. Be Patient"

I also highly doubt they are too concerned about people not being able to relax merely concerning an imminent video release...

Perhaps if that Video is connected with a live dvd, or if a new album is also in the works, then I could certainly understand concerns about "speculation" , urging fans to "just relax", and "updated pirating rules."

As Ive already mentioned, members of the band have indicated the next album will come "sooner rather than later."

But this is merely my speculation, of course.

Im sure we'll have a little more insight once the next edition of Revolver Magazine is released...

Last edited by Runner701; 04-22-2008 at 12:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #4311
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Good point about the plural, I'm sure the band has plenty in the works for us, it's just a matter of when those things will be available.

And I wouldn't discount how excited people get about the videos either. Prior to the Vicarious video release plenty of people were asking about that video and The Pot's video. Obviously not as much hype as a Live DVD or a new album would have, but people (myself included) are excited to see a video for The Pot.

Also, I know this is a popular site but I'm not sure if the admin would have that kind of advanced knowledge of a new release from the band (whatever it may be... that is it there is a release) and I'm not sure whether he would post an anti-pirate reminder just because he heard a release is coming.

I sure hope the new album comes sooner rather than later, but I think it's still a little early to be expecting anything. Gotta remember that "later" for them is after a 2-3 year hiatus if the last two albums are any indicator. I believe it was Danny that said they would probably get back together in April, so hopefully they'll mention something about working on the new album with whatever this announcement ends up being.

I look forward to checking out the Revolver article.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #4312
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:

dude, that's a mushroom (or at least that's what the picture is trying to allude to).
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #4313
Level 3 - Talker

Blair posted many months ago after songs off of 10000 day were nominated "not bad for a decoy album". Just something to think about.

Quote:
This makes sense - Why Now have the updated rule? I'm thinking a new album will be released sometime between July and October ... The band members said that their next Album would be released "sooner rather than later" ...

I know Maynard has been working on other projects, but he has generally had a small role in the initial brainstorming process... Perhaps they have most of the songs written minus vocals and mixing?

- Well, at least thats my useless speculation...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #4314
Level 7 - Loquacious

where the hell has Junior been?!?!?!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #4315
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
where the hell has Junior been?!?!?!
Rehearsing for a tour.

Don't get excited.
It's not a Tool tour.
:)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #4316
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Cool. Who are you going out with this time?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 AM   #4317
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Rehearsing for a tour.

Don't get excited.
It's not a Tool tour.
:)
neglecting the children again :( ashes divide tour?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #4318
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
neglecting the children again :( ashes divide tour?
My Chemical Romance!!!!

And I'm dead...hahaha
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #4319

Bincount™: 17

oooh maybe that morello peace tour thingie... that'd be a tour to see.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #4320
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Cool. Who are you going out with this time?
Duran Duran.

I'm not the designer on this one, only the lighting director.
Their designer (Vince) is not going to tour with the show as he has another tour he is going to do.

Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of Tool fans at the Duran Duran shows.
I suppose there could be a few.

It is going to be a fairly cool looking show, though.

There are a few other Tool ties to this one.
The Stage Manager (Eric) is the same guy who Stage Manages Tool.
The Production manager is the brother of Tool's Production Manager.
The Tour Manager worked for Tool from 2001-2006.
The lighting company (Delicate) is the same, and 2 of the lighting crew are the same.
The lighting crew chief (Richie) was Adams guitar tech during the 97-98 Aenima tour (after Billy Howardel).
The sound company is the same (Eighth Day), but I haven't met the techs yet so I don't know if any of them are the same.
The catering company is going to be the same, too (Culinary Underground).
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: