Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Cheesegreater
02-24-2007, 08:39 PM

Dude... their search engine and themselves are totally right. It seems like people don't think something exists unless they see it on the internet. If it makes any difference, I heard about this when I was about 10 (11 years ago) from my mother when describing her father dying in another room in his sleep. And I know how consumed we are in this whole internet culture, but back in 96 not many folks used the internet regularly, especially not to the degree they do now. I'm not old at all (21), but I know a generational milestone when I see it. Our kids will think it's really "old" and "uncool" talking about "I remember when hardly anybody had internet." But it's totally true. Just kids growing up in the last ten years or so have thought about internet as an always existing "fact of life". Pardon the rant, but yes, a death rattle is a real term. Just ask anybody in their forties or so.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #961
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: 01 - Vicarious lyrics

Dude... their search engine and themselves are totally right. It seems like people don't think something exists unless they see it on the internet. If it makes any difference, I heard about this when I was about 10 (11 years ago) from my mother when describing her father dying in another room in his sleep. And I know how consumed we are in this whole internet culture, but back in 96 not many folks used the internet regularly, especially not to the degree they do now. I'm not old at all (21), but I know a generational milestone when I see it. Our kids will think it's really "old" and "uncool" talking about "I remember when hardly anybody had internet." But it's totally true. Just kids growing up in the last ten years or so have thought about internet as an always existing "fact of life". Pardon the rant, but yes, a death rattle is a real term. Just ask anybody in their forties or so.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM

^^I didn't want a s.e. quote, just a post maybe like, "yup, heard it, suprised you haven't... peace..."

I'm glad I've never heard the phrase before. I'm sorry you have. The imagery of this line is profound. "...sing to the death rattle." ...that's pretty fucked up.

No shit man. I know what you mean, my kids, 6 & 3, totally take for granted the fact that we've got a pc. My eldest will sit there and do her schoolwork weeks in advance if I let her, just so she can then IM her friends and look at google earth endlessly... our tv, telephone, even playstation, are all collecting dust.
But my favorite example is the picture taking, thousands of pictures ...it's soo different from having to develope the film of every picture from old cameras. Now just download/erase/repeat...life is documented like never before.

Peace.

Last edited by benjamin; 02-25-2007 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: :nosae
Old 02-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #962
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

^^I didn't want a s.e. quote, just a post maybe like, "yup, heard it, suprised you haven't... peace..."

I'm glad I've never heard the phrase before. I'm sorry you have. The imagery of this line is profound. "...sing to the death rattle." ...that's pretty fucked up.

No shit man. I know what you mean, my kids, 6 & 3, totally take for granted the fact that we've got a pc. My eldest will sit there and do her schoolwork weeks in advance if I let her, just so she can then IM her friends and look at google earth endlessly... our tv, telephone, even playstation, are all collecting dust.
But my favorite example is the picture taking, thousands of pictures ...it's soo different from having to develope the film of every picture from old cameras. Now just download/erase/repeat...life is documented like never before.

Peace.

Last edited by benjamin; 02-25-2007 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: :nosae
Cheesegreater
02-26-2007, 12:32 PM

Why say you are glad you never hear of this phrase and you're sorry I have. Trying to take a personal stab at me? When someone doesn't know a phrase a lot of other people do, it throws you off. We all know what it means if someone is "strattling the fence" on an issue or something. But what if someone comes along and starts saying "What's that even supposed to mean?" and if they start going the wrong direction with it, someone should say "hey man, it just means someone is undecided or trying to compromise." And yes it is "fucked up" to sing to the death-rattle, but it's just testament to how detached we are from tragedy on the news, for instance.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #963
Level 8 - Vociferous

Why say you are glad you never hear of this phrase and you're sorry I have. Trying to take a personal stab at me? When someone doesn't know a phrase a lot of other people do, it throws you off. We all know what it means if someone is "strattling the fence" on an issue or something. But what if someone comes along and starts saying "What's that even supposed to mean?" and if they start going the wrong direction with it, someone should say "hey man, it just means someone is undecided or trying to compromise." And yes it is "fucked up" to sing to the death-rattle, but it's just testament to how detached we are from tragedy on the news, for instance.
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
02-26-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Why say you are glad you never hear of this phrase and you're sorry I have. Trying to take a personal stab at me?
Dude! Hell no. My ignorence was bliss. I'm not too proud to realize that. The line, the "detachement" you mention, I grasped all that. THEN, to have explained that "death rattle" is a term for the sound made from a dying gurgling breath... jesus christ, what a viciously imaginative line...

I'm not just a bald face liar
head over heals
buck naked
land lubber.
with a scarlet letter
who could care less
bout the 500 pound gorilla in the room.

laugh.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #964
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Why say you are glad you never hear of this phrase and you're sorry I have. Trying to take a personal stab at me?
Dude! Hell no. My ignorence was bliss. I'm not too proud to realize that. The line, the "detachement" you mention, I grasped all that. THEN, to have explained that "death rattle" is a term for the sound made from a dying gurgling breath... jesus christ, what a viciously imaginative line...

head over heals
buck naked
land lubber.
with a scarlet letter
who could care less

laugh.
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Just ran through the song again. I can't say this is absolute proof that what I'm hearing is correct, but turning the song up loudly on the right speakers really seems to help, considering at most parts the vocals are surprisingly clear. I'm definitely hearing 'Pull your head on out your hippy haze' (although before I turned it up I could never hear that, I never really tried to guess what he was singing) and I always thought it was 'Stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle'.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #965
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Just ran through the song again. I can't say this is absolute proof that what I'm hearing is correct, but turning the song up loudly on the right speakers really seems to help, considering at most parts the vocals are surprisingly clear. I'm definitely hearing 'Pull your head on out your hippy haze' (although before I turned it up I could never hear that, I never really tried to guess what he was singing) and I always thought it was 'Stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle'.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM

alright, bring it on...

"She used the poison in his tea
[and / he] kissed [him / her] goodbye"

(so disappointing)

he used a poison in his tea and kissed him goodbye

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 03-05-2007 at 01:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #966
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

alright, bring it on...

(so disappointing)

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 03-05-2007 at 01:39 PM..
Cheesegreater
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

head over heals
buck naked
land lubber.
with a scarlet letter
who could care less

laugh.
Yes... I took this totally the wrong way, and your ignorance was bliss. I was reading in to something that wasn't there. "I'm a disgusting human being and I apologize" lol... I took that from the Dave Chapelle show when he's the black president admitting to scandals right before he leaves the planet with aliens. I just love that line. "I'm disgusting human-being and I apologize. I've just been informed the ship is ready. When the meteor hits the earth I hope you all die a fiery death. Thank you, good bye." He says it so casually.

Peace man
Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #967
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

head over heals
buck naked
land lubber.
with a scarlet letter
who could care less

laugh.
Yes... I took this totally the wrong way, and your ignorance was bliss. I was reading in to something that wasn't there. "I'm a disgusting human being and I apologize" lol... I took that from the Dave Chapelle show when he's the black president admitting to scandals right before he leaves the planet with aliens. I just love that line. "I'm disgusting human-being and I apologize. I've just been informed the ship is ready. When the meteor hits the earth I hope you all die a fiery death. Thank you, good bye." He says it so casually.

Peace man
redjenova
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
alright, bring it on...

(so disappointing)

Um. You're completely wrong.

Failure.

EDIT: Just a joke, BTW. I say this a lot in real life and it's obvious when I say it out loud, but I didn't really think about it on here. So no offense meant.

Last edited by redjenova; 03-06-2007 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #968
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
alright, bring it on...

(so disappointing)

Um. You're completely wrong.

Failure.

EDIT: Just a joke, BTW. I say this a lot in real life and it's obvious when I say it out loud, but I didn't really think about it on here. So no offense meant.

Last edited by redjenova; 03-06-2007 at 05:54 PM..
tropical
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
But pull your head on out
(Your head please) and give a good listen

=

Pull your head on out your (happy/hippie) haze
And give a listen
I must agree with blanket it's Happy /hippie haze, Don't believe me? listen to this equalized slowed down version of that part.

http://media.putfile.com/tool---vicarious-slow-down-

on a side note, only reason i speak of this is because the lyrics haven't changed on the website yet, and i was arguing with a friend about it.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #969
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
But pull your head on out
(Your head please) and give a good listen

=

Pull your head on out your (happy/hippie) haze
And give a listen
I must agree with blanket it's Happy /hippie haze, Don't believe me? listen to this equalized slowed down version of that part.

on a side note, only reason i speak of this is because the lyrics haven't changed on the website yet, and i was arguing with a friend about it.
10 000 Days = 1 + 1
05-21-2007, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry but I already posted my interpretation in an area I wasn't supposed to. Here they are where they are meant to be:

01 vicarious •

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison”

In his dream
He kissed you goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun ‘til someone dies

Don't look me at like
I am a monster
Flout out your one face
One with the other

Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother, holds her child
Watches him die
He’s to the sky cryin,
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
You all need him too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
Neither the brave nor bold
Nor right as the story’s told

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
Drum on graven ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Step at the transmittal
Sink to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out
your head please and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Vicariously, I live
while the whole world dies
Much better you than I.

May Nerd is at the end of his Tool rope these days. The time is hopefully almost up. Marie will soon have her wings and the future can begin without the cold fluorescents.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #970
Level 2 - Poster

I'm sorry but I already posted my interpretation in an area I wasn't supposed to. Here they are where they are meant to be:

01 vicarious •

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison”

In his dream
He kissed you goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun ‘til someone dies

Don't look me at like
I am a monster
Flout out your one face
One with the other

Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother, holds her child
Watches him die
He’s to the sky cryin,
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die
From a distance
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
You all need him too - don't lie.

Neither the brave nor bold
Nor right as the story’s told

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance
Vicariously, I
Live while the whole world dies
You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
Drum on graven ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Step at the transmittal
Sink to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out
your head please and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Vicariously, I live
while the whole world dies
Much better you than I.

May Nerd is at the end of his Tool rope these days. The time is hopefully almost up. Marie will soon have her wings and the future can begin without the cold fluorescents.
10 000 Days = 1 + 1
05-24-2007, 10:45 PM

I am replying to myself. I would have little hope without the music of Tool. It is a strange thing to say, considering the "type" of music I normally listen to. In this world to survive, you need to erase barriers. Descriptions of what music "is". The ENERGY is all that matters. I love Tool.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #971
Level 2 - Poster

I am replying to myself. I would have little hope without the music of Tool. It is a strange thing to say, considering the "type" of music I normally listen to. In this world to survive, you need to erase barriers. Descriptions of what music "is". The ENERGY is all that matters. I love Tool.
Eulogy33's Avatar Eulogy33
07-08-2007, 11:43 PM

hmm...welll, its interesting to see what everyone says. just go to an offical tool lyric site.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #972
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

hmm...welll, its interesting to see what everyone says. just go to an offical tool lyric site.
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM

"pull your head on out your hippy reason, give a listen..."

As in, hippy reasoning.

I dunno, just a thought.

Vicarious final draft (punctuation and all!)

Vicarious
Words/Vocals: Maynard James Keenan
Music: Tool

Eye on the T.V., 'cause tragedy thrills me,
Whatever flavor it happens to be, like:
"Killed by the husband,
Drowned by the ocean,
Shot by his own son,
She used a poison in his tea,
Then kissed him goodbye."
That's my kinda story.
It's no fun 'till someone dies.

Don't look at me like I am a monster.
Frown out your one face,
But with the other, stare like a junkie into the T.V.
Stare like a zombie,
While the mother holds her child, watches them die.
Hands to the sky, crying, "why? Oh, why?"
'Cause I need to watch things die, from a distance.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
You all need it too, don't lie.

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.
Neither brave nor bold, write as the story's told.

I need to watch things die, from a good safe distance.
You all feel the same, so why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down, drum on grave and ground.
Part vampire, part warrior, carnivore and voyeur.
Stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle...
"la, la, la, la, la, la, la, lie..."

Credulous, at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy reason, give a listen,
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile, so impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been.
We all feed on tragedy, it's like blood to a vampire.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies!
Much better you than I!

Last edited by magiclessmarker; 08-08-2007 at 01:22 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #973
Level 4 - Thinker

"pull your head on out your hippy reason, give a listen..."

As in, hippy reasoning.

I dunno, just a thought.

Vicarious final draft (punctuation and all!)

Vicarious
Words/Vocals: Maynard James Keenan
Music: Tool

Eye on the T.V., 'cause tragedy thrills me,
Whatever flavor it happens to be, like:
"Killed by the husband,
Drowned by the ocean,
Shot by his own son,
She used a poison in his tea,
Then kissed him goodbye."
That's my kinda story.
It's no fun 'till someone dies.

Frown out your one face,
But with the other, stare like a junkie into the T.V.
Stare like a zombie,
While the mother holds her child, watches them die.
Hands to the sky, crying, "why? Oh, why?"
'Cause I need to watch things die, from a distance.
You all need it too, don't lie.

Neither brave nor bold, write as the story's told.

I need to watch things die, from a good safe distance.
You all feel the same, so why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down, drum on grave and ground.
Part vampire, part warrior, carnivore and voyeur.
Stare at the transmittal, sing to the death rattle...
"la, la, la, la, la, la, la, lie..."

Credulous, at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy reason, give a listen,
The universe is hostile, so impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been.
We all feed on tragedy, it's like blood to a vampire.
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies!
Much better you than I!

Last edited by magiclessmarker; 08-08-2007 at 01:22 PM..
aurie
11-26-2007, 11:55 AM

pull your head on out your mp3 and give a listen?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #974
Level 2 - Poster

pull your head on out your mp3 and give a listen?
Dichotomousdesigner
12-10-2007, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical View Post

I'm hearing "Pull your head on out your happy daze" Like Happy Days... The TV show... duh... Go Tom Bosley.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #975
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical View Post

I'm hearing "Pull your head on out your happy daze" Like Happy Days... The TV show... duh... Go Tom Bosley.
ZeroSum
01-16-2008, 02:17 AM

However, MJK posted the official "Vicarious" lyrics on toolband a while ago!

Here they are:

Eye on the t.v cuz tragedy thrills me.
Whatever flavor it happens to be.
(like)
Killed by the husband...
drowned by the ocean...
Shot by his own son...
she used a poison in his tea, Then she kissed him goodbye.
That's My kinda story
It's no fun till someone dies.

Frown out your one face but with the other you
Stare like a junkie into the t.v.
Stare like a zombie
while the mother holds her child. Watches him die.
Hands to the sky, cryin' "why, oh why?"

Cuz I need to watch things die, from a distance.
You all need it too don't lie.

We won't give pause till the blood is flowing.
Neither the brave nor bold nor brightest of stories told,

i need to watch things die, from a good safe distance.
Vicariously, i live while the whole world dies.
you all feel the same so why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down. Drum on grave and ground.
Part Vampire, Part warrior, Carnivore, and Voyeur
Stare at the transmittal. Sing to the death rattle

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy. It's like Blood to a vampire.
vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
Much better you than i.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #976
Level 1 - Lurker

However, MJK posted the official "Vicarious" lyrics on toolband a while ago!

Here they are:

Eye on the t.v cuz tragedy thrills me.
Whatever flavor it happens to be.
(like)
Killed by the husband...
drowned by the ocean...
Shot by his own son...
she used a poison in his tea, Then she kissed him goodbye.
That's My kinda story
It's no fun till someone dies.

Frown out your one face but with the other you
Stare like a junkie into the t.v.
Stare like a zombie
while the mother holds her child. Watches him die.
Hands to the sky, cryin' "why, oh why?"

Cuz I need to watch things die, from a distance.
You all need it too don't lie.

Neither the brave nor bold nor brightest of stories told,

i need to watch things die, from a good safe distance.
Vicariously, i live while the whole world dies.
you all feel the same so why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down. Drum on grave and ground.
Part Vampire, Part warrior, Carnivore, and Voyeur
Stare at the transmittal. Sing to the death rattle

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy. It's like Blood to a vampire.
vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.
Much better you than i.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
01-16-2008, 10:06 AM

Gee thanks, but um...you're like 2 weeks late
Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #977
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

01-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Yep but I lurked some threads and no one posted the correct lyrics..
Old 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #978
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Yep but I lurked some threads and no one posted the correct lyrics..
Dez 46&2's Avatar Dez 46&2
01-21-2008, 08:25 AM

eye on the tv cuz tragidy thrills me whatever flavor it happens to be like "killed by the husband" "drown by the ocean" "shot by his own son" "she used a poison in his tea" "kissed him goodbye" thats my kind of story its no fun til someone dies. don't look at me like i am a monster, frown out your one face, but wtih the other, stare like a junkie into the tv stare like a zomebie, while a mother, holds her child, watches him die, hands to the sky crying why oh why?. cuz i need to watch things die from a good safe distance, vicariously i live while the whole world dies. you all need it too don't lie.

(after this i get confused)
Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #979
Level 4 - Thinker

eye on the tv cuz tragidy thrills me whatever flavor it happens to be like "killed by the husband" "drown by the ocean" "shot by his own son" "she used a poison in his tea" "kissed him goodbye" thats my kind of story its no fun til someone dies. don't look at me like i am a monster, frown out your one face, but wtih the other, stare like a junkie into the tv stare like a zomebie, while a mother, holds her child, watches him die, hands to the sky crying why oh why?. cuz i need to watch things die from a good safe distance, vicariously i live while the whole world dies. you all need it too don't lie.

(after this i get confused)
Mari Jaine
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM

But, someone posted the all the lyrics in post 995...did you not see it?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #980
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

01-28-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Jaine View Post
Ah, the mindless drones of society will forever co-exist in the reality that we know.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #981
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Jaine View Post
Ah, the mindless drones of society will forever co-exist in the reality that we know.
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM

It's frustrating...

I can sort of understand not wanting to read through 26 pages, but when it's just right there...

Also, I've seen this guy makes threads about lyrics and was answered every time by someone who provided him with a link to the lyrics page. Fucking read it!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #982
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

It's frustrating...

I can sort of understand not wanting to read through 26 pages, but when it's just right there...

Also, I've seen this guy makes threads about lyrics and was answered every time by someone who provided him with a link to the lyrics page. Fucking read it!
grenadeh
06-16-2009, 01:50 AM

Irrelevant to the discussion likely, i'm not going to read 26 pages right now.. I always kind of felt like it should be "I am the TV, cause tragedy fills me" because that makes perfect sense also. I've never actually looked at the official transcript though so yea either way.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #983
Level 1 - Lurker

Irrelevant to the discussion likely, i'm not going to read 26 pages right now.. I always kind of felt like it should be "I am the TV, cause tragedy fills me" because that makes perfect sense also. I've never actually looked at the official transcript though so yea either way.
06-16-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadeh View Post
Wrong
Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 AM   #984
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadeh View Post
Wrong
06-16-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Wrong
I second that.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #985
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 35

Quote:
Wrong
I second that.
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM

forgive me for not reading that past 26, but has anyone considered the possibility of a double entendre, meaning "Eye on the TV" and also "I own the TV". or does Tool always have to mean just ONE thing?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #986
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

forgive me for not reading that past 26, but has anyone considered the possibility of a double entendre, meaning "Eye on the TV" and also "I own the TV". or does Tool always have to mean just ONE thing?
crazzycat
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Confused, you make me thought about it....
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #987
Level 2 - Poster

Confused, you make me thought about it....
09-05-2009, 07:28 PM

It's been a few years since this line was discussed here, I know.
Anyway I'm pretty sure the lyric is:

Credulous, divest your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.

3 reasons:

1. You can indeed hear a "d" sound after credulous. (And I saw the discussions about such a word "creduloused". Not a word.)
2. He's speaking to the credulous. "Divest your desire," "Pull your head on out". Use context.
3. "Credulous at best your desire" doesn't make much sense.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #988
Level 1 - Lurker

3 reasons:

1. You can indeed hear a "d" sound after credulous. (And I saw the discussions about such a word "creduloused". Not a word.)
2. He's speaking to the credulous. "Divest your desire," "Pull your head on out". Use context.
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctw769 View Post

3 reasons:

Unfortunately for you, the offical lyrics were released a long time ago and it IS "Credulous at best"
Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #989
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctw769 View Post

3 reasons:

Unfortunately for you, the offical lyrics were released a long time ago and it IS "Credulous at best"
11-29-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fd2Blk View Post
I figured it ended that part You all needed to join the lie
I thought it was, "You all need it, too, don't lie."
Old 11-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #990
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: Vicarious Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fd2Blk View Post
I figured it ended that part You all needed to join the lie
I thought it was, "You all need it, too, don't lie."
The Green Mule
07-21-2016, 03:09 AM

i heard the interpretation that he says stare at the "trance mental sync," to the death rattle, and i now think of that every time i listen to the song. Works well

Last edited by The Green Mule; 07-21-2016 at 03:17 AM..
Old 07-21-2016, 03:09 AM   #991
On Probation

i heard the interpretation that he says stare at the "trance mental sync," to the death rattle, and i now think of that every time i listen to the song. Works well

Last edited by The Green Mule; 07-21-2016 at 03:17 AM..
imevu
12-08-2017, 06:45 AM

Love this music
Old 12-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #992
Level 1 - Lurker

Love this music
J A G's Avatar J A G
12-08-2017, 08:43 AM

thanks
Old 12-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #993

Bincount™: 7676

thanks
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-08-2017, 10:53 AM

Me and the boys strive for excellence when we aren't making wine, shitting out a Puscifer or A Piece of Crap.

Buy my wine, t shirts and $250 tickets for a 40 minute live show.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #994
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Me and the boys strive for excellence when we aren't making wine, shitting out a Puscifer or A Piece of Crap.

Buy my wine, t shirts and $250 tickets for a 40 minute live show.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
12-08-2017, 02:02 PM

i dranks tons of wines, and i wish, every-ah time, just whats hes sayin'?

and i'z appreciates
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #995
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

i dranks tons of wines, and i wish, every-ah time, just whats hes sayin'?

and i'z appreciates
12-08-2017, 03:36 PM

Hit like if you want more songs that are about anal sex and Crowley.

Share if you like geometry.

Keep scrolling if you hate Jesus.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #996
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Hit like if you want more songs that are about anal sex and Crowley.

Share if you like geometry.

Keep scrolling if you hate Jesus.
J A G's Avatar J A G
12-08-2017, 04:27 PM

or just do a bunch of drugs and spiral down yer toilet
Old 12-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #997

Bincount™: 7676

or just do a bunch of drugs and spiral down yer toilet

Rate This Thread