opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 01-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Vinyl

Does anyone own the vinyl version of Aenima? It goes for quite a bit on eBay. I recently got into vinyl again and decided to try to get some Tool but I don't think that Aenima will be amongst my purchases because of the outrageous price.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Vinyl

quite a few of us do

hit up Ryan. if you're getting into collecting. Hes the chap to speak with
Old 01-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

aenima is a bitch to find on vinyl. why oh why does everything tool release become so damn scarce?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i dont have the whole LP on vinyl but i have one of the promo vinyls.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATObassist
i dont have the whole LP on vinyl but i have one of the promo vinyls.
i need that!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

I only have Lateralus and Opiate and will pick up Undertow soon. I spoke to a record store owner about ordering Undertow through him and he said that the Tool LPs tend to go very fast and said that the records are pretty much claimed already as they are being pressed.

It would be cool if they decided to reprint Ænima. I wonder why their stuff becomes OOP so fast. It seems to fit the Tool mystique, though.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcanelli
Does anyone own the vinyl version of Aenima? It goes for quite a bit on eBay.
I came across a sealed copy for $25 (BIN) and purchased it on behalf of an Aussie member of amt.

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 4287

http://cgi.ebay.com/TooL-Aenima-Dbl-...QQcmdZViewItem

8 days left and its already more than $100
Old 01-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

hum hum.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOOL-AENIMA-DOUBLE-GATEFOLD-LP-OUT-OF-PRINT-VINYL_W0QQitemZ180100464303QQcategoryZ1594QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-02-2007, 01:21 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

i wish they would re-release aenema on vinyl. ive got opiate and undertow, both of which i believe are recent pressings, also have lateralus and aenema promo. i saw a dude at the valley markets once who had a copy of aenema 2xVinyl but he said he was gonna try his luck on ebay, after seeing one go for $300+. bastard. i really want it. (that was probably back in 2002 or something though. I wonder if we'll ever see a salival vinyl release? and i wont hold my breath, but im sure the 10,000 days vinyl will be a treat for the senses.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

I don't think Tool really gives a crap about vinyl...their artwork is clearly designed for CD. Ænima has the lenticular suite of pics, Salival has a huge art bootklet, Lateralus has the clear Alex Grey cutaways, and 10,000 Days has the stereoscopic lenses. The vinyl releases of Ænima and Lateralus have pretty bad artwork--they're cool but they can't touch what the CDs present.

Also, I don't even think they will ever release a 10,000 Days vinyl, and I say that just because of the way that Barresi talked in interviews about their high quality digital master and plans for a surround mix. It would be interesting to see a 10kd vinyl though, if only just to see a complete remaster using different equipment.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

The demand for this album is obviously extremely high, I myself bought an authentic 1996 pressing off Ebay which cost me $280! I'm very pleased to own an original copy as I have wanted to for quite some time. I don't understand why TOOL won't reissue this record? It has gotten so out of control that before I bought the real thing I bought a "sealed" copy from a LRS only to find out it was a fake. Why are they selling boots of this classic for $50!? No way in hell any of the band memeber even get a dime. The album was released in '96 fifteen years ago and the original Aenima had 15,000 copies pressed. How about in 2011, fifteen years later we get another 15,000 reissues?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbowd33p View Post
The demand for this album is obviously extremely high, I myself bought an authentic 1996 pressing off Ebay which cost me $280! I'm very pleased to own an original copy as I have wanted to for quite some time. I don't understand why TOOL won't reissue this record? It has gotten so out of control that before I bought the real thing I bought a "sealed" copy from a LRS only to find out it was a fake. Why are they selling boots of this classic for $50!? No way in hell any of the band memeber even get a dime. The album was released in '96 fifteen years ago and the original Aenima had 15,000 copies pressed. How about in 2011, fifteen years later we get another 15,000 reissues?
I am ALL about this! The recent toolband.com newsletter makes me think there may be rumblings of a repress actually happening. It would be the greatest thing on Earth if this happened. God, I want this album on wax.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Maybe they want the Ænima vinyl to be one of those "rock legends". The best way to hear this classic album is to own one of the rare original vinyls which was never reissued...
Old 04-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Cunt shit! They had better reissue it. They have no idea who they're fucking with. That's right! I'll find those bitches and make them do it!

/touch guy]
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: