Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM

My first experience listening to this was with headphones on and in a dark room and I'll just say that the impact of this to me most definately made me feel like I was in an alien spaceship strapped to a table as they stood above me breathing and eventually near the end of the track they had just dropped me off and I was recovering from the "what the fuck just happened" feeling confused and frantic.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
My interpretation

My first experience listening to this was with headphones on and in a dark room and I'll just say that the impact of this to me most definately made me feel like I was in an alien spaceship strapped to a table as they stood above me breathing and eventually near the end of the track they had just dropped me off and I was recovering from the "what the fuck just happened" feeling confused and frantic.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Exoskeletal's Avatar Exoskeletal
04-19-2006, 07:46 PM

Heh that was definetely an alien spaceship landing and a creature from outer space transmitting a message. Just bizarre...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 16
Re: My interpretation

Heh that was definetely an alien spaceship landing and a creature from outer space transmitting a message. Just bizarre...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM

it honestly feels like (if you use surround sound ?) your laying in bed, sleeping, and 2 "aliends" are standing over you, breathing/communicating, and eventually they get in their ship and leave. its just a thought.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

it honestly feels like (if you use surround sound ?) your laying in bed, sleeping, and 2 "aliends" are standing over you, breathing/communicating, and eventually they get in their ship and leave. its just a thought.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
kaiowas_is's Avatar kaiowas_is
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM

listening to this with sleep paralysis would u freak u out a bit
Old 04-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

listening to this with sleep paralysis would u freak u out a bit
panocha21's Avatar panocha21
04-19-2006, 09:20 PM

My interpretation the first time I heard it was similar. I felt like I was being dragged to hell at a high rate of velocity. Then when the odd voice sounded, I thought it was the devil himself.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

My interpretation the first time I heard it was similar. I felt like I was being dragged to hell at a high rate of velocity. Then when the odd voice sounded, I thought it was the devil himself.
Nate-dogg21
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM

To me, it seems like this entire album is dealing with humanity and how its falling apart and going to ruin this world. There is so much dealing with "the savior" and our race and how we're given free will, and we just fuck stuff up with our freedom. This song sounds like the devil saying "the system,..... is down" referring to our world similar to the matrix, its just a big elaborate computer program.

I remember reading somewhere that this album was a message to those who listened and a warning to those who didnt. Maybe this is just the message for those who arent listening to it, it makes sense. Our world will fall apart if people dont come to the same realization that maynard is talking about in most of his lyrics.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 0

To me, it seems like this entire album is dealing with humanity and how its falling apart and going to ruin this world. There is so much dealing with "the savior" and our race and how we're given free will, and we just fuck stuff up with our freedom. This song sounds like the devil saying "the system,..... is down" referring to our world similar to the matrix, its just a big elaborate computer program.

I remember reading somewhere that this album was a message to those who listened and a warning to those who didnt. Maybe this is just the message for those who arent listening to it, it makes sense. Our world will fall apart if people dont come to the same realization that maynard is talking about in most of his lyrics.
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-19-2006, 11:37 PM

You guys have missed the point completely. Viginit Tres means 23.

It's a segue for the other album which will contain 12 songs.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

04-20-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Let Down

I doubt that but, I suppose I can't rule it out as a slight possiblity.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I doubt that but, I suppose I can't rule it out as a slight possiblity.
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:

this doesnt make any sense.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #9
On Probation

Quote:

this doesnt make any sense.
guitarpete987
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM

I agree with the interplay in the left and right channels being like voices we can't understand.

And that big voice really creeped me out at first.

Here's a wikipedia entry I posted in another forum I found interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_%28numerology%29

EDIT: Or maybe, these beings we hear "communicating" are ones seeing the bird's eye view of humanity's self-destructive behavior referred to in Right in Two???

Last edited by guitarpete987; 04-21-2006 at 08:18 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 08:15 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

I agree with the interplay in the left and right channels being like voices we can't understand.

EDIT: Or maybe, these beings we hear "communicating" are ones seeing the bird's eye view of humanity's self-destructive behavior referred to in Right in Two???

Last edited by guitarpete987; 04-21-2006 at 08:18 AM..
bwood99x's Avatar bwood99x
04-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Sounds like hell...satan breathing hard...then saying something short....that voice fairly cool
Old 04-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 141

Sounds like hell...satan breathing hard...then saying something short....that voice fairly cool
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-21-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987

Already read all that before. Although I am not sure what the connection is of vigenti tres with the actual track. Especially given my interpretation of it, except for the fact that 23 is meant to be found in unusual circumstances. I'm unsure what the band meant this track to symbolize necessarily but when I first heard it, it was in a dark room with headphones on at full blast and I immediately felt my heart racing and breathing heavier and all that I could think of was being strapped down on a bed of some sort with some "demonic type" aliens looking over me, eventually I was dropped off and very frantic as I tried to catch my breath.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Already read all that before. Although I am not sure what the connection is of vigenti tres with the actual track. Especially given my interpretation of it, except for the fact that 23 is meant to be found in unusual circumstances. I'm unsure what the band meant this track to symbolize necessarily but when I first heard it, it was in a dark room with headphones on at full blast and I immediately felt my heart racing and breathing heavier and all that I could think of was being strapped down on a bed of some sort with some "demonic type" aliens looking over me, eventually I was dropped off and very frantic as I tried to catch my breath.
04-21-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:

if you look Carefully at the wikipedia description, you will see this particular piece:

"The link to disasters also corresponds with hexagram 23 of the "I Ching", P'o, translated as "Splitting Apart." The hexagram pictures a time in which inferior people surreptitiously overthrow the superior."

now i have heard several rumours of the demise of Tool, and if you look at this hidden message, scares the Hell out of me. anyone else feel a uneasy twinge upon reading that?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

if you look Carefully at the wikipedia description, you will see this particular piece:

"The link to disasters also corresponds with hexagram 23 of the "I Ching", P'o, translated as "Splitting Apart." The hexagram pictures a time in which inferior people surreptitiously overthrow the superior."

now i have heard several rumours of the demise of Tool, and if you look at this hidden message, scares the Hell out of me. anyone else feel a uneasy twinge upon reading that?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply