opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Jan-Feb 2007
User Name
Password
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #41
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 255
Re: 2007/01/28 - Melbourne, AUS - Princes Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineal View Post
I didn't realize that it was unreasonable to go to a concert and actually want to hear the band you're there to see perform...

Also, I'm not sure if thousands of violent arseholes who are just looking to crush and jump on those around them should be excused because they 'really want to see this band' (though I doubt for most that was the case). I just lined up early with everyone else who wanted a good position. Please don't try to justify the behavior of the pricks that made up the vast majority of the crowd.
Well said- most of the aggro seemed to come from the drunks who were just there to make arseholes outta themselves- they would of pulled the same shit had friggin' Powderfinger headlined.

HelenA-
Thanks. I think after the dickheads at this show, we needed some reassurance. I'm sure the atmosphere will be vastly different.

twistandshout-
I'm guessing (not to mention hoping) that everyone SITS THE FUCK DOWN. If you wanted to stand up and make an arse outta yourself, you should of bought silver tickets. Hell, there's probably still time for those of you who wanna stand to swap....hint hint....
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Hell yes, I'd kill for a gold ticket. I mean, the Big Day Out was awesome, but could've been so much better were it not for the wankers in the crowd. I'm ecstatic I managed to get a silver for tomorrow but hope the crowd will be cool-- those with seats don't even have to worry about that and can just enjoy the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by myministry View Post
hell whats wrong with people singing to their fav tool song.
a) The fact that it impedes hearing Maynard.

b) The fact that with the different vocal timing, extended middles, and Maynard not singing certain parts of songs at all, the majority are not actually signing along- they're singing along to the CD.

OT- Did anyone else hear that The Violent Femmes had to turn up their sound 'cause the Tool crowd were too loud??

Last edited by ninwishes; 01-29-2007 at 07:32 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

no offence guys but im so glad we had the Sideshow first in sydney, bdo before sideshow would suck. So many tossers and also lack of anticipation.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickma View Post
no offence guys but im so glad we had the Sideshow first in sydney, bdo before sideshow would suck. So many tossers and also lack of anticipation.

no shit, no offence ay but im glad about that too. howd ur night go trickma? sorry i couldnt meetup but me n my mate were hunting down bud until 2 hrs before the show, then hit the pub across the road. long throw here, but there no chance u n ur chik sat at a table at that pub with two other guys?? (a bloke n his chik came n asked if they could use the two chairs we werent using). Would be way too much of a coincidence. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA View Post

FUK YEH, id love to have had something like that before the sydney show, dnb ownes,
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #47
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

Well Melbourne - it is tomorrow - one more sleep! I hope you are only half as excited as we were in Sydney because we were almost sick with expectation. AND Tool were everything we expected. I hope you really just immerse yourselves in the experience. It only happens rarely, so ... drown in it. It is GOOD.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:35 AM   #48

Quote:
Well Melbourne - it is tomorrow - one more sleep! I hope you are only half as excited as we were in Sydney because we were almost sick with expectation. AND Tool were everything we expected. I hope you really just immerse yourselves in the experience. It only happens rarely, so ... drown in it. It is GOOD.
After all the random acts of stupidity and rudeness on Sunday, I think what the majority of us want is just to enjoy the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
The anticipation was so intense, having to stand around for over an hour with no support to distract us made things even worse so its good to see you guys are getting one, even if they do play a completely different genre of music. I remember reading an interview with Maynard where he said he would much rather a completely different band to support them, something totally out of left field like the yeah yeah yeahs or something, just to mix it up. Looks like thats what they are doing for tomorrow. The reception for shapeshifter should be interesting to say the least.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninwishes View Post
a) The fact that it impedes hearing Maynard.

b) The fact that with the different vocal timing, extended middles, and Maynard not singing certain parts of songs at all, the majority are not actually signing along- they're singing along to the CD.

OT- Did anyone else hear that The Violent Femmes had to turn up their sound 'cause the Tool crowd were too loud??

Im sorry but 10,000 or so people sing tool has got to be magical when will you ever have the chance to exprence something like that even if it was to the cd.

Yes i to would like to hear Maynard sing as well. but at the big day out were their to share the journey with every one else.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

did anyone notice how danny snare wasn't mic'd very well.

this was my forth time seeing tool and by far the worst. horrible crowd. sound was bad. visual didn't work in the first song. which is why i think maynard came to the front of the stage. i really liked watching them get pissed off at the crowd and how they reacted.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by myministry View Post
Im sorry but 10,000 or so people sing tool has got to be magical when will you ever have the chance to exprence something like that even if it was to the cd.

Yes i to would like to hear Maynard sing as well. but at the big day out were their to share the journey with every one else.

Nothing magical about it- if I wanted to hear 10,000 out of tune and out of time people sing, I'd go to Carols by Candlelight.

Sure, hearing a choir of Tool fans sing *might* be cool, but not when the band themselves are playing- they're what I paid $100+ to hear.

If you wouldn't play the drums over Danny, why the FUCK would you wanna sing over the top of Maynard?
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Because singing along is what some people like to do at shows because they're having a good time. Not everyone listens to tool bootlegs to know when and when not to sing. I'd rather people singing along than standing there looking bored, or texting on their phones or talking about what they're doing tomorrow.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha View Post
no shit, no offence ay but im glad about that too. howd ur night go trickma? sorry i couldnt meetup but me n my mate were hunting down bud until 2 hrs before the show, then hit the pub across the road. long throw here, but there no chance u n ur chik sat at a table at that pub with two other guys?? (a bloke n his chik came n asked if they could use the two chairs we werent using). Would be way too much of a coincidence. lol.

FUK YEH, id love to have had something like that before the sydney show, dnb ownes,
nah man we didn't go the pump house, we met up with a bunch of people at like 4pm and lined up.. was about 8 of us. We were in the Gate A Door 1 Line about 15 people from the front.
OFFLINE |  
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

personally i loved it.. all of it.. who cares about the crowd i thought the lights everything was fantastic.. tool only crowd will def show more love but.. PEACE
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Yeah I was front row and I think I was the only girl left in front row after them being all pulled out. I did not cry, but did yell at security a fucking heap for laughing at me for being in pain.

I HATED the security grr.

Anyways my pants kinda fell down during the show and that was embaressing when everyone moved back and I had to pull them up at the end.

I agree the sound of maynard wasn't fabulous from the front and alot of the experience was ruined by the crushings, but what can I say I still love tool...

(Wednesday was better though)
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-04-2007, 02:18 AM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie_au View Post
did anyone notice how danny snare wasn't mic'd very well.

this was my forth time seeing tool and by far the worst. horrible crowd. sound was bad. visual didn't work in the first song. which is why i think maynard came to the front of the stage. i really liked watching them get pissed off at the crowd and how they reacted.
Stinkfist never has video projection.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: