Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
RiffBP
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

sorry if this is old hat, but according to the distributor (Super D http://www.sdcd.com) i go through at work (CD Warehouse) the 10,000 Days slated for release on 5/16 is an import version. not sure which country as it's not specified, but it's probably the UK version.

"but riffbp! other countries don't get new releases on tuesdays!"

ahh! well played, mr. hoax/conspiracy theorist. the deal is that even if other countries get their version of the CD on a Saturday or a Monday, we won't be able to sell that version commercially in the US until AT LEAST the following Tuesday. usually, we can't even import it for another week or two after its local release date, at least not on the retail level. the wholesale level is a whole other quagmire that i'm not even going to try to wade through. hopefully this made sense, was informative, and wasn't already posted previously.

also, keep in mind that you may not be able to verify this info through the site i posted if you don't have an account with the company. i've never tried using the site without having logged in first.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
finally settling the 5/16 controversy

sorry if this is old hat, but according to the distributor (Super D http://www.sdcd.com) i go through at work (CD Warehouse) the 10,000 Days slated for release on 5/16 is an import version. not sure which country as it's not specified, but it's probably the UK version.

"but riffbp! other countries don't get new releases on tuesdays!"

ahh! well played, mr. hoax/conspiracy theorist. the deal is that even if other countries get their version of the CD on a Saturday or a Monday, we won't be able to sell that version commercially in the US until AT LEAST the following Tuesday. usually, we can't even import it for another week or two after its local release date, at least not on the retail level. the wholesale level is a whole other quagmire that i'm not even going to try to wade through. hopefully this made sense, was informative, and wasn't already posted previously.

also, keep in mind that you may not be able to verify this info through the site i posted if you don't have an account with the company. i've never tried using the site without having logged in first.
04-23-2006, 07:22 PM

hmm, well while that may eliminate the prospect of a followup CD weeks after may 2nd, that doesn't resolve the issue of whether or not we will be recieving any more material ON may 2nd, whether its a double disc cd or whatever
Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: finally settling the 5/16 controversy

hmm, well while that may eliminate the prospect of a followup CD weeks after may 2nd, that doesn't resolve the issue of whether or not we will be recieving any more material ON may 2nd, whether its a double disc cd or whatever
OFFLINE |  
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-23-2006, 07:22 PM

hmmm
Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

hmmm
OFFLINE |  
p3rfect9inchto0l
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM

hmm indeed...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

hmm indeed...
OFFLINE |  
Tertius Oculum's Avatar Tertius Oculum
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM

June 6th is when the album they worked on the longest will come out.

A very bad thread.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 688

A very bad thread.
OFFLINE |  
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-23-2006, 07:34 PM

That would be interesting
Old 04-23-2006, 07:34 PM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

That would be interesting
OFFLINE |  
SomethingSpecial
04-23-2006, 08:05 PM

Wow. THanks for putting all this "conspiracy chicanery to bed, RiffBP".

Another piece of shit first post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Wow. THanks for putting all this "conspiracy chicanery to bed, RiffBP".

Another piece of shit first post
04-23-2006, 08:08 PM

the album they worked on longest? if there is anything to this two album theory, i doubt they would put any more care or effort into one or the other. if there is another album, it was likely recorded in the same sessions, with the same producer, in the same time span as the one we will have on may 2nd. true, adam(?) mentioned tuesday, june 6, but i don't think we have enough info to determine what, if anything, will be released that day. i say just sit back and let the madness unfold. i mean, the world is OBVIOUSLY going to end on that day so we might as well enjoy the time we have until then instead of bickering about conspiracy theories related to a rock band. hehehe...

on another note, i never said i was going to put ALL of the theories to bed. you guys have perpetuated FAR too many of them for them to all be disproven by the release date of an import. this thread pertains to ONE SPECIFIC question that a lot of people have been wanting answers to. now you have one. good luck with the other 87 swirling about.

Last edited by RiffBP; 04-23-2006 at 08:13 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

the album they worked on longest? if there is anything to this two album theory, i doubt they would put any more care or effort into one or the other. if there is another album, it was likely recorded in the same sessions, with the same producer, in the same time span as the one we will have on may 2nd. true, adam(?) mentioned tuesday, june 6, but i don't think we have enough info to determine what, if anything, will be released that day. i say just sit back and let the madness unfold. i mean, the world is OBVIOUSLY going to end on that day so we might as well enjoy the time we have until then instead of bickering about conspiracy theories related to a rock band. hehehe...

on another note, i never said i was going to put ALL of the theories to bed. you guys have perpetuated FAR too many of them for them to all be disproven by the release date of an import. this thread pertains to ONE SPECIFIC question that a lot of people have been wanting answers to. now you have one. good luck with the other 87 swirling about.

Last edited by RiffBP; 04-23-2006 at 08:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
chalk_line's Avatar chalk_line
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertius Oculum
where did u get this info??
Old 04-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #9
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertius Oculum
where did u get this info??
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-23-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3rfect9inchto0l

IF It's a double disc, why the HELL did the person who ripped/leak it only do 1 CD?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3rfect9inchto0l

IF It's a double disc, why the HELL did the person who ripped/leak it only do 1 CD?
OFFLINE |  
silvermark
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM

*sigh*

It's the Japanese import that's released May 16th. And no it probably won't have any new tracks. See amazon.co.jp. That has been settled for at least a week now.

The only thing left to hope for is that XM Days is actually 2 CDs.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

*sigh*

It's the Japanese import that's released May 16th. And no it probably won't have any new tracks. See amazon.co.jp. That has been settled for at least a week now.

The only thing left to hope for is that XM Days is actually 2 CDs.
OFFLINE |  
RiffBP
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM

cool. then someone please delete or close this thread. there's enough clutter around here and i don't want to be contributing to it if this question is long settled.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

cool. then someone please delete or close this thread. there's enough clutter around here and i don't want to be contributing to it if this question is long settled.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply