Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
06-07-2008, 05:28 PM

Some believe that there is a hidden room under the Sphinx's left paw in Egypt, and that in this room hold all of the records of ancient human history... records of Atlantis, unknown advanced ancient technology, among many other things. Supposedly, George Lucas discovered a large cavity under the Sphinx's left paw (using some sound mapping technology, I forgot what its called) while looking for caves. The location was also predicted by Edgar Cayce... I found it rather interesting that the sources I've read about this kept referring to this room as "The Lost Keys."

I'd rather not try to debate about the validity of these claims, because no one here can prove or disprove them... I'd rather see what you think about the possible relevance between these "Lost Keys" and the song, perhaps the album.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1
Sphinx

Some believe that there is a hidden room under the Sphinx's left paw in Egypt, and that in this room hold all of the records of ancient human history... records of Atlantis, unknown advanced ancient technology, among many other things. Supposedly, George Lucas discovered a large cavity under the Sphinx's left paw (using some sound mapping technology, I forgot what its called) while looking for caves. The location was also predicted by Edgar Cayce... I found it rather interesting that the sources I've read about this kept referring to this room as "The Lost Keys."

I'd rather not try to debate about the validity of these claims, because no one here can prove or disprove them... I'd rather see what you think about the possible relevance between these "Lost Keys" and the song, perhaps the album.
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM

I like it, and in lucas new indiana jones 4, a mayan pyramid contains a secret room underneath it with artifacts from egypt and sumer, because the aliens there collected them there or something. Of course there are vague connections, aliens, lost keys, Egypt, and such. But everything in the occult has these vague connections. including tool
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: Sphinx

I like it, and in lucas new indiana jones 4, a mayan pyramid contains a secret room underneath it with artifacts from egypt and sumer, because the aliens there collected them there or something. Of course there are vague connections, aliens, lost keys, Egypt, and such. But everything in the occult has these vague connections. including tool
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
06-09-2008, 11:12 AM

I always took it as "I've lost my keys and I blame Albert Hoffman for all that acid I ate"
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

I always took it as "I've lost my keys and I blame Albert Hoffman for all that acid I ate"
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM

that's the beauty of tool, double, triple and quadruple meanings all over the place. There's probably more truth to that than you think, or maybe you already think it's true. Anyways, 10,000 days is about indiana jones since the first one came out in 1981 and the last one came out in 2008...(j/k)
Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
On Probation

that's the beauty of tool, double, triple and quadruple meanings all over the place. There's probably more truth to that than you think, or maybe you already think it's true. Anyways, 10,000 days is about indiana jones since the first one came out in 1981 and the last one came out in 2008...(j/k)
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM

I don't believe anything is true. Truth is an illusion.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

I don't believe anything is true. Truth is an illusion.
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM

In Bob Frissel's book he claims there is a giant space ship underneath the Sphinx--which he also claims predates Egyptians by about 10,000 years.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

In Bob Frissel's book he claims there is a giant space ship underneath the Sphinx--which he also claims predates Egyptians by about 10,000 years.
06-09-2008, 12:03 PM

A spaceship huh?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

A spaceship huh?
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM

i heard the mystery tomb also contains the Coloniel's 11 secret herbs and spices.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

i heard the mystery tomb also contains the Coloniel's 11 secret herbs and spices.
06-09-2008, 12:25 PM

And Jimmy Hoffa...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

And Jimmy Hoffa...
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Probably discount socks that are sold for less than 2 dollars for about a bag of 12.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

Probably discount socks that are sold for less than 2 dollars for about a bag of 12.
06-09-2008, 12:44 PM

You have a problem with my socks now?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

You have a problem with my socks now?
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM

I read that the sphinx isn't even a lion, it's a dog with a man's head. Just like horus is a man with a dog's head. And Sirius is called the dog star. And a 4 year old indigo child was blabberin about a swith behind it's ear. "Boriska firmly stated that people will find knowledge under one of the pyramids (not the pyramid of Heops). It hasn’t been discovered yet. “Life will change once the Sphinx will be opened,” said he and added that the great Sphinx has an opening mechanism somewhere behind his ear (but he does not remember where exactly). The boy also talks with great passion and enthusiasm about the Mayan civilization. According to him, we know very little about this great civilization and its people."...http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/...7_Martian.html
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
On Probation

I read that the sphinx isn't even a lion, it's a dog with a man's head. Just like horus is a man with a dog's head. And Sirius is called the dog star. And a 4 year old indigo child was blabberin about a swith behind it's ear. "Boriska firmly stated that people will find knowledge under one of the pyramids (not the pyramid of Heops). It hasn’t been discovered yet. “Life will change once the Sphinx will be opened,” said he and added that the great Sphinx has an opening mechanism somewhere behind his ear (but he does not remember where exactly). The boy also talks with great passion and enthusiasm about the Mayan civilization. According to him, we know very little about this great civilization and its people."...http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/...7_Martian.html
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
I've heard this too. I don't really believe it, but I wouldn't rule it out as impossible. You know that if there are extra terrestrial or extra dimensional beings, they have existed long before us. Supposedly Thoth built it or something... I don't really remember.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I've heard this too. I don't really believe it, but I wouldn't rule it out as impossible. You know that if there are extra terrestrial or extra dimensional beings, they have existed long before us. Supposedly Thoth built it or something... I don't really remember.
06-10-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Yeah but he also said that there is an exact copy of the sphinx and 3 pyramids on Venus. :P
Old 06-10-2008, 05:21 AM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Yeah but he also said that there is an exact copy of the sphinx and 3 pyramids on Venus. :P
Kody27
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
And supposedly on the moon and mars. And how they're on 33 degrees latitude and 33 longitude just like on earth....why do you think there are 33 degrees of masonry?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #15
On Probation

Quote:
And supposedly on the moon and mars. And how they're on 33 degrees latitude and 33 longitude just like on earth....why do you think there are 33 degrees of masonry?
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I've heard there is a 5 sided pyramid on mars... but that is ill-researched.

Either way... the pyramid exhibits the golden ratio (and maybe even the sphinx does too). If there are pyramids on other planets... what could they be trying to communicate/accomplish?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I've heard there is a 5 sided pyramid on mars... but that is ill-researched.

Either way... the pyramid exhibits the golden ratio (and maybe even the sphinx does too). If there are pyramids on other planets... what could they be trying to communicate/accomplish?
06-11-2008, 03:52 AM

I don't think there are these things on Mars etc. The people who write these books have a very creative imagination--especially Bob Frissel who seems to be the base for most of this nonsense and conspiracies.

I read it, but just don't take nothing for face value--which I guess is supposed to happen based on the title of the books he writes. By the way, how is the golden ratio hidden within the sphinx?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 AM   #17
Level 10 - Vehement

I don't think there are these things on Mars etc. The people who write these books have a very creative imagination--especially Bob Frissel who seems to be the base for most of this nonsense and conspiracies.

I read it, but just don't take nothing for face value--which I guess is supposed to happen based on the title of the books he writes. By the way, how is the golden ratio hidden within the sphinx?
06-11-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:

I don't know if the Golden Ratio is related to the Sphinx... I'm just blindly guessing it might be. I'm with you though... I can't really take anyone's word for it. Even if someone showed me a picture... I still can't help but think "Well, with Photoshop as popular as it is..." I guess you could call me an open minded skeptic.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I don't know if the Golden Ratio is related to the Sphinx... I'm just blindly guessing it might be. I'm with you though... I can't really take anyone's word for it. Even if someone showed me a picture... I still can't help but think "Well, with Photoshop as popular as it is..." I guess you could call me an open minded skeptic.
06-11-2008, 06:18 AM

The thing is... if there is a giant spaceship and a hidden hall of records that people call "Lost Keys"... Someone [by now] would know about it. But the question is... would they tell anyone? It could be one of those things that if you admitted one thing, you'd have to reveal the lies you've been living for so many years.

I say we form an expedition and find out for our damn selves!

By the way... I was thinking that [if this whole matter does relate to the song]... that it could reference having some ancient knowledge that people just dismiss as insanity... Maybe even implying that the whack job from Rosetta Stoned was really on to something... but was too fucked out of his head to remember it.

Just a thought... far from theory or belief.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

The thing is... if there is a giant spaceship and a hidden hall of records that people call "Lost Keys"... Someone [by now] would know about it. But the question is... would they tell anyone? It could be one of those things that if you admitted one thing, you'd have to reveal the lies you've been living for so many years.

I say we form an expedition and find out for our damn selves!

By the way... I was thinking that [if this whole matter does relate to the song]... that it could reference having some ancient knowledge that people just dismiss as insanity... Maybe even implying that the whack job from Rosetta Stoned was really on to something... but was too fucked out of his head to remember it.

Just a thought... far from theory or belief.
06-11-2008, 11:37 AM

I'll bring along a chisel. You just clear your throat and get ready to scream OPEN SESAME! And then we'll fly the ship out of the Shinx and head straight forrrrrr well. Haven't figured that part out yet.

Where will we go Noose? :(
Old 06-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #20
Level 10 - Vehement

I'll bring along a chisel. You just clear your throat and get ready to scream OPEN SESAME! And then we'll fly the ship out of the Shinx and head straight forrrrrr well. Haven't figured that part out yet.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Off to Bora Bora
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

Off to Bora Bora
06-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
I read that the sphinx isn't even a lion, it's a dog with a man's head. Just like horus is a man with a dog's head.
You are obviously mistaken...

Horus

Anubis
Old 06-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
I read that the sphinx isn't even a lion, it's a dog with a man's head. Just like horus is a man with a dog's head.

Horus

Anubis
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Horus

Anubis
You're right I am mistaken about Horus, it's Anubis with the dogs head.
This still confirms that there was a fictional dog headed man, and the sphynx is most likely a man-headed dog. Look at the sphynx's tail, it is not a lions tail. Look at it's narrow shooulders and small paws, this is obviously not a lion, how many lions have you seen in Egypt lately?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #23
On Probation

Quote:

Horus

Anubis
You're right I am mistaken about Horus, it's Anubis with the dogs head.
This still confirms that there was a fictional dog headed man, and the sphynx is most likely a man-headed dog. Look at the sphynx's tail, it is not a lions tail. Look at it's narrow shooulders and small paws, this is obviously not a lion, how many lions have you seen in Egypt lately?
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
06-30-2008, 04:02 PM

BTW, Anubis's head was that of a jackal
Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
Jedi Master

BTW, Anubis's head was that of a jackal
06-30-2008, 09:13 PM

BTW, a jackal is a type of dog. And if you want to get technical, then it's in the same family as dogs, just as wolves and coyotes and the such.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #25
On Probation

BTW, a jackal is a type of dog. And if you want to get technical, then it's in the same family as dogs, just as wolves and coyotes and the such.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
06-30-2008, 10:59 PM

I'm still not convinced about the dog-stoy about the sphinx, you know. Your background on this is somewhat poor.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #26
Jedi Master

I'm still not convinced about the dog-stoy about the sphinx, you know. Your background on this is somewhat poor.
07-01-2008, 08:01 AM

Oh and where's your Egyptology degree? My "background" on this is simply coming from a book, one book, so yeah you're right I don't have a background on this. "The Sirius Mystery" by Robert Temple, check it out it has some interesting things to say for those with ears to hear it. So professor Langston, I presume, what are your thoughts on this? Or are you just gonna bash my credentials?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #27
On Probation

Oh and where's your Egyptology degree? My "background" on this is simply coming from a book, one book, so yeah you're right I don't have a background on this. "The Sirius Mystery" by Robert Temple, check it out it has some interesting things to say for those with ears to hear it. So professor Langston, I presume, what are your thoughts on this? Or are you just gonna bash my credentials?
Kody27
07-01-2008, 08:41 AM

Taken from Tool's second newsletter July 2000:

"When Robert Temple first published these findings in his book, "The Sirius Mystery", he drew extensively on ancient Sumerian, Babylonian and Egyptian mythology to bolster his argument that the Dogon knowledge derived from extraterrestrial visitors who arrived on earth around 4500 B.C. However, there are other available sources which he did not mention in the book ,either because A) he wasn't aware of these or B)he was dubious of these. What I am referring to is the vast literature of the occult which is filled with references of contact with beings from the Sirius system. In these , Sirius is the Star of the Tarot, An aspect of Isis, the Star of Set and the Silver Star of Aleister Crowley's mystical fraternity, the Argentum Astrum, or A.A.

Members of Crowley's Lodge were interested in finding their "hidden god" from "the Sun behind the Sun"(Sirius)which was focusing cosmic influences on the planet via an Earth-Sirius channel. In this Sirius cult, both galaxies and stars are conscious entities with termini scattered throughout the cosmos which act as transmitter, receiver and decoders of information. This notion is similar to what Temple suggests in the up-dated version of "The Sirius Mystery". The Sol-Sothis system "are elements of a larger entity" which he proposes to call "the Anubis Cell. "Both are in a continuous harmonic resonance with one other" and with cell potential "psychic communication and nonmaterial interactions of souls may be possible". Temple adds that "inspiration may come to humans on earth from the Sirius system by harmonic resonance articulated by the field of the cell. Compare this form of interstellar telepathy with the "signals" from invisible beings which Lodges like Crowley's A.A. were attempting to channel through the prescribed magical rituals.
A possible example of just such a Sirian communication is LIBER AL, better known as "The Book of the Law". According to Crowley, Liber Al was a received text ,channeled through his first wife Rose(named Ouarda the Seeress by Crowley) while in Cairo, Egypt. The forebodding prophecy of the text was dictated in a rich timber by a higher intelligence which called itself Aiwass, an emissary of the Egyptian Neter, Horus. One passage in the book even asks "is a god to live in a dog?", a possible reference to the Dog Star, Sirius."
Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #28
On Probation

Taken from Tool's second newsletter July 2000:

"When Robert Temple first published these findings in his book, "The Sirius Mystery", he drew extensively on ancient Sumerian, Babylonian and Egyptian mythology to bolster his argument that the Dogon knowledge derived from extraterrestrial visitors who arrived on earth around 4500 B.C. However, there are other available sources which he did not mention in the book ,either because A) he wasn't aware of these or B)he was dubious of these. What I am referring to is the vast literature of the occult which is filled with references of contact with beings from the Sirius system. In these , Sirius is the Star of the Tarot, An aspect of Isis, the Star of Set and the Silver Star of Aleister Crowley's mystical fraternity, the Argentum Astrum, or A.A.

Members of Crowley's Lodge were interested in finding their "hidden god" from "the Sun behind the Sun"(Sirius)which was focusing cosmic influences on the planet via an Earth-Sirius channel. In this Sirius cult, both galaxies and stars are conscious entities with termini scattered throughout the cosmos which act as transmitter, receiver and decoders of information. This notion is similar to what Temple suggests in the up-dated version of "The Sirius Mystery". The Sol-Sothis system "are elements of a larger entity" which he proposes to call "the Anubis Cell. "Both are in a continuous harmonic resonance with one other" and with cell potential "psychic communication and nonmaterial interactions of souls may be possible". Temple adds that "inspiration may come to humans on earth from the Sirius system by harmonic resonance articulated by the field of the cell. Compare this form of interstellar telepathy with the "signals" from invisible beings which Lodges like Crowley's A.A. were attempting to channel through the prescribed magical rituals.
A possible example of just such a Sirian communication is LIBER AL, better known as "The Book of the Law". According to Crowley, Liber Al was a received text ,channeled through his first wife Rose(named Ouarda the Seeress by Crowley) while in Cairo, Egypt. The forebodding prophecy of the text was dictated in a rich timber by a higher intelligence which called itself Aiwass, an emissary of the Egyptian Neter, Horus. One passage in the book even asks "is a god to live in a dog?", a possible reference to the Dog Star, Sirius."
Kody27
07-01-2008, 08:45 AM

"In the new forward he makes a case that the erosion damage of the great Sphinx on the Giza plateau is due to its having been encircled by an artificial lake or, at the least, a moat of sorts. Others, such as geologist Robert Schoch of Boston University and maverick Egyptologist John Anthony West have suggested that rainwater was responsible for the weathering in the statue's remote past - during a time when there was a very different climate in the region - thus pushing back the date of construction by thousands of years, an idea not accepted by conventional Egyptologists. According to Temple, the reason for this retaining-pit of water was that the Nommo's(the amphibian creatures from Sirius described by the DOGon priests)labyrinth of watery chambers were located beneath the Sphinx . Here, they were inaccessible to humans, that is until sometime in our future when they could be breached using modern technology. Compare this idea with the occult legends of a "Hall of Records" hidden under the Sphinx's paws."
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #29
On Probation

"In the new forward he makes a case that the erosion damage of the great Sphinx on the Giza plateau is due to its having been encircled by an artificial lake or, at the least, a moat of sorts. Others, such as geologist Robert Schoch of Boston University and maverick Egyptologist John Anthony West have suggested that rainwater was responsible for the weathering in the statue's remote past - during a time when there was a very different climate in the region - thus pushing back the date of construction by thousands of years, an idea not accepted by conventional Egyptologists. According to Temple, the reason for this retaining-pit of water was that the Nommo's(the amphibian creatures from Sirius described by the DOGon priests)labyrinth of watery chambers were located beneath the Sphinx . Here, they were inaccessible to humans, that is until sometime in our future when they could be breached using modern technology. Compare this idea with the occult legends of a "Hall of Records" hidden under the Sphinx's paws."
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
07-01-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Oh and where's your Egyptology degree?
No degree. I've been to Egypt five years ago and i've been to the Giza plateau, the Valley of Kings, the Karnak temple complex and alot of other awsome places overthere. Really interesting. I can only recommend all of you to go there even once in your lifetime.

I don't believe you've that you didn't read stuff on this but you failed to point out about Horus and Anubis, which is only just basic knowledge, imo ;)
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #30
Jedi Master

Quote:
Oh and where's your Egyptology degree?
No degree. I've been to Egypt five years ago and i've been to the Giza plateau, the Valley of Kings, the Karnak temple complex and alot of other awsome places overthere. Really interesting. I can only recommend all of you to go there even once in your lifetime.

I don't believe you've that you didn't read stuff on this but you failed to point out about Horus and Anubis, which is only just basic knowledge, imo ;)
07-02-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:

IMO, I think the Lost Keys reference is simply to psychadelics, they are the lost key to a new spiritual perception. This is the track that supercedes Rosetta Stoned, yet that theory would basically be contradicted by the tone of what Rosetta Stoned is saying, so I'm not so sure.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

IMO, I think the Lost Keys reference is simply to psychadelics, they are the lost key to a new spiritual perception. This is the track that supercedes Rosetta Stoned, yet that theory would basically be contradicted by the tone of what Rosetta Stoned is saying, so I'm not so sure.
07-02-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
That would make a little better sense I suppose
Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #32
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
That would make a little better sense I suppose
07-02-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
Haha
Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #33
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
Haha
07-02-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
In the news just very recently they DID discover a new 4th pyramid
Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #34
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
07-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Interesting.

Can you link me up with an article on this?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #35
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Interesting.

07-03-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Interesting.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTTkiS72xI5yYBSifQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHZkMjZ yBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13ccmk3ci/EXP=1215185170/**http%3a//rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/22/frustrating-pyramid-builds-on-speculation/
Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #36
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Interesting.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTTkiS72xI5yYBSifQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHZkMjZ yBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13ccmk3ci/EXP=1215185170/**http%3a//rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/22/frustrating-pyramid-builds-on-speculation/
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM

This obviously means that the indigo children are going to enter the 4th pyramid on december 21st 2012 and have a psychic circle jerk with aliens until the galactic jizz is spread on the wall and hillary clinton leaves for her reptillian home planet.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #37
On Probation

This obviously means that the indigo children are going to enter the 4th pyramid on december 21st 2012 and have a psychic circle jerk with aliens until the galactic jizz is spread on the wall and hillary clinton leaves for her reptillian home planet.
07-04-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
duh!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
duh!
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
duh!
If Kody is right we're doomed!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #39
Jedi Master

Quote: