opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 63
i finally get it

apologies for the horrible sentence structures i type the way i think

I have been listening to tool for awhile, and i have always liked H, specially when played live. i like to think that the song is really driven by the instrumentals, not so much lyrics, although i believe the lyrics set up these instrumentals. To put you in the frame of mind they want you in...then blow your mind with insane progressions, and build ups just to feed you a few more lyrics, to send your mind for a spin once again...but for now im going to elaborate on H....mentioned before as previously named Half Full

Throughout the song there are parts that are very soothing and relaxing.......i relate these to the happy parts of my life. parts when my life was less distorted....and there comes the parts of the song, much like the first heavy notes in the track.....very distorted and powerful...much louder and intense....reminding me of emotions, like anger, sadness, and jealousy, both end of the spectrum the song musically portrays our raw human emotions.

As for the lyrics, i believe this is the standpoint of a person who has lived many lives, as many lives as humans have lived on this rock.....possibly other rocks in other dimensions and he knows that just being alive he gets closer and closer to his own death, he knows this, he has done it many times. But in knowing that he can die, he cant help but be happy that he can live aswell.

Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,

And considerately killing me.

Life always being the cause of death is a theme that stands out to me as well.

I find myself asking, have i lived before? am i here because i chose to be here?

Am i too connected to living to slip away or fade away?

even tho when i made this decision to live i knew it wouldnt be easy, for life is never easy,

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

i believe the snakes are conflicts in each persons life, and he speaks of these snakes as not evil, but just a normalcy, the snakes have to come, just as much as the storms has to come, a storm symbolising his own death.

Venomous voice, tempts me,
Drains me, bleeds me,
Leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity.

this person has died and has been reborn so many times that death is like a rainy
day for him, he knows in his own death that his problems will be gone, and is refreshed by knowing he will begin life again all over as a new being with new pleasures and new problems.

Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

this also relates to the thought that without the ups and down in life, our pains and pleasures, we couldnt have one without the other.

how good does it feel to succeed at something where you have failed many times before?

lyrically and musically the three major themes tie together well throughout the song. It leads me to believe life is something we should embrace, and live to the fullest, also we need to embrace with bad with good, embrace our own demise, for it will only bring something more powerful.

Last edited by johnnyTrip; 09-23-2005 at 09:30 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: