opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-16-2006, 03:34 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/15 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

What else can be said about this show? Unfriggin believable. I have been to many concerts, nobody is as powerful as Tool. Had AWSOME FANS around my wife and I up in GA6 Row D. All of you rocked. I couldn't believe the slugs in the orchestra pit, did somebody give them valiums or something? It was great to stand the whole time and just get into the music, Tool is a band you need to move to. Oh My God, when Aenama came on it just took it to another level. Great closing song. Like I said, great Tool Fans around us, you could actually hear all of us screaming the lyrics in unison. When I read the posts from the Chicago show, someone was happy the upper balcony sat the whole time, I don't get it.

Well worth the $300 for my wife and I to go, Tool was awsome but the fans around us impressed me just as much. The only other fans I know who enjoyed a band as much were dead heads. I was fortunate enough to see the deads last show in chi-town, very similar atmosphere in terms of the passion of true Tool fans. Yes, I know, completely opposite music.

The only other songs I would have loved to have heard is the grudge and opiate. Hopefully in the summer and another $300 bucks I can hear em!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

just to correct what he said about basketball,
"pistons are having a tough time right now with the cavs"
"I'm from Akron so I'm on the fence for this one"
"fuck the la clippers" as carrey was wearing his clippers jersey
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 04:35 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Good show. Very interesting to see the band in relative calm (no moshing). It's a different experience when the crowd is swirling, more like a religious experience. This show was much more restrained, which allowed me to pay closer attention to just how good the band really is. Musically, they seemed a bit twitchy for the first couple songs...lots of nods and visual cues between the guys to keep things together. Maynard's voice was straining early on, but settled down by Forty Six & 2. Overall, the sound was balanced and loud. You could really feel the bass.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I have two comment on the two jackasses by me.
First, they paid in excess of $300 per ticket on ebay.
The one guys was so drunk he was passed out for the entire show. No kidding, he had his head down and out the entire show.

His buddy was a scumbag who thought it was pretty neat to show us videos of his girlfriend fingering herself on his cellphone.

What a scum bag.
Basically, like the two biggest losers in the place to sit by. Other than that, some cool people around us.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 04:42 AM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow. Great show overall. We were 40 rows back (NN) in middle section F3. Sound was excellent from there. Not too loud, but could make out everything Maynard was saying. Loved the extended version of Schism, never heard that before. Lateralus/Jambi/Aenima were my favorites (Jambi KICKED ASS live). Right in two was good, but a couple dicks behind me was shouting during the entire song. Maynard was hillarious. Loved when he was talking about the Pistons then said "SSSHHHHHH, just play some fucking music", then busted out into Stinkfist. Very funny. Only second Tool show for me, and by far the best. Great venue, great band, great time. Can't wait to see them again!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 04:54 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpatrick
Good show. Very interesting to see the band in relative calm (no moshing). It's a different experience when the crowd is swirling, more like a religious experience. This show was much more restrained, which allowed me to pay closer attention to just how good the band really is. Musically, they seemed a bit twitchy for the first couple songs...lots of nods and visual cues between the guys to keep things together. Maynard's voice was straining early on, but settled down by Forty Six & 2. Overall, the sound was balanced and loud. You could really feel the bass.

I completely agree. This was my third show and it was nice to not have to worry about a broken ankle or a concussion and just focus on the music and let it take you for a ride for 90 minutes. I also noticed the shakiness and the visual cues in some of the new songs. Adam is ususally heads-down and he was definitely looking to Danny and Justin to keep the shit together. They of course pulled it off. I can die a happy person now. The show was mind-blowing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 12th Tool show. So, I have a little experience ... you might say. A few quick thoughts about the NEW Tool. Maynard seems much more comfortable with the crowd than the first shows I saw in 1996. More jolly and less serious. His voice isn't quite like it used to be but it is still amazing. He's definately trying to save his voice for the long tour. I do have 1 criticism that I think is important to note. For those of you who have only seen them on the Lateralus and 10,000 Days tour, he hasn't always been on his platform. Pre-Lateralus, he would be right between Justin and Adam and flailing and dancing to every song. I was always amazed how he kept his balance. But, the guy is 42 years old, I shouldn't expect him to be as limber. But, I'd sure like to see him come down from his platform and get a little closer to the fans. Regardless, Maynard is still the life of the show. As for the rest of the band. AMAZING. Danny, Adam and Justin are great artists.

One last addition to Maynards quotes. After he mentioned the Pistons were having trouble with the Cavs he said something along the lines of, "What is that football? I don't really follow" then he said "Fuck the Clippers", as Danny was wearing a Clippers jersey.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:14 AM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

That show was awesome. Tool played great. I thought the best song was definately Laterallus, with a killer gong at the end. Danny Carey is a god amongst men. Everone else in the band is good, but he is on a whole other level. During Jambi or Right in Two (I can't remember), I was just in absolute awe at his playing. Every aspect (his technical ability, his writing ability, and his style) is unbelievable. It was interesting to see that Justin was playing the feedback at the beginning of Lost Keys and Right In Two. I thought it was guitar on the album.

The security at the show was rediculous. They had walk through metal detectors and wands. It was soooo slooowww. But, once we were inside, it was great. My seats were on the far left, in the third row of F1. We were right in front of a woofer, and damn that's a lot of bass.

It looked like Danny Carey had 3 of those Mandala drums that he co-designed (at least on the side I could see), and a laptop to operate them, correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, and Vicarious is the shit live.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 AM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

First Tool show...worth every dollar of my scalped ticket. I was up in the Mezzanine which ended up being great seats as we had a clear view of everything. The sound...ehh, not great, but who cares if you're a Tool fan because you know all the songs anyway and just the experience and power of the band rocking out live overcomes that the sound quality could have been better. Like many other people on here, I was surprised/disappointed that we didn't hear The Pot. I would have traded Right in Two and Schism to hear that and The Patient...its not that those songs didn't hit the spot but they didn't seem to flow with the whole explosive energy of the concert. but hey, wait until late summer. everyone in front remained sitting up in the center right of the Mezz, they seemed kinda catatonic but I was grateful that they remained sitting so I could see better. Hell, I remained seated until Vicarious and AEnema, just to take everything in, then those songs were just explosive, had me on my feet screaming out the lyrics, so much fun to be there with all the other Tool fans. I can't listen to their albums for awhile now because they pale in comparison to this concert, its hard to return to banal existence after that, can't wait for next one in late summer!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

I rebmember Maynard said something in the middle of the set, and followed it up with a "Go Pistons." Does anyone remember what he said?
Old 05-16-2006, 05:55 AM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeup
I rebmember Maynard said something in the middle of the set, and followed it up with a "Go Pistons." Does anyone remember what he said?
I remember after that he said something like, "ok, we'll just shut up and play", or something like that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #52
anu
Level 4 - Thinker

Well, folks, I guess I am pleased to be the "exception to the rule" that Tool still "rules' (as it were) in our sound-hungry hearts.

There's two Maynardisms I want to get the transcript right on (I obviously was a little off on the Pistons quote). Before lateralus, right before or right after the dedication to satan, he said something about exposing us to "the evilness of free thought"--anyone catch that?

Then, before Aenema, what were his exact words that I tried to paraphrase about fire and flood?

When tickets come on sale for the next leg, I am definitely going to prioritize being close enough to hear. To anyone who thought my original post about lacking sound quality was too cynical or even whiny, please note that we were in the high rafters off to the side. Of my two previous shows (Nashville, October 2001 and Knoxville, November 2002), we had the best seats in 2001.

I will make sure I am on a fast internet connection when the shows go on sale.

(When will we know anyway??)

The Detroit Free Press rock critic agrees with most of you, and you can read that here:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../-1/BUSINESS07
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 AM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

Wow thats about all I can say i'm fuckin speachless. I'v seen Tool a handful of times all over including sat. in chicago but this show blew me away
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 07:11 AM   #54
On Probation

The show was good. I've seen Tool at the State Theatre for their last 3 albums and this show didn't compare.

The sound was good but not great. The setlist was pretty good but I'd change 1/2 of it.

Overall it was a 8.5/10.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #55
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Exciting to see the boys again after such a long break. The sound was a little funky at the beginning, but overall it was a great show. Maynard had some fun antics on his platform. I miss his style on the Lateralus tour, where he'd be more mobile and intense. Very cool to see the talkbox live. You can see how difficult it must be to nail that. The venue was freakin' awesome. The place pretty much lives up to the hype you see in the pics. I found that badass water fountain, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Saw a dude right up front catch Danny's stick. Anyone catch one of the 20 water bottles thrown at the end?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowry
I remember after that he said something like, "ok, we'll just shut up and play", or something like that.
Yeah, he said "Fuck it, we'll play some more."
Old 05-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #57
Level 1 - Lurker

One part that sticks out to me after sleeping on the concert is schism. That's not even close to one of my favorite tool songs, but that song had so much energy from the crowd it was amazing. Also high pitched guitar opening to stinkfist gave me the chills. All in all is was worth every penny, and Lateralus stole the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 07:35 AM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

Best concert ever. The power of tool left me speechless.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

My first time to see Tool. Definitely worth the drive, the ticket price, security and the bitches behind me continuously screaming "Fuck! Oh my god it's Tool"

Rosetta stoned was a great opener and the extended schism seriously rocked fox theater. Of course it would have been nice if they played some other songs as well but I guess with so many to choose from, what can ya do. Great show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #60
On Probation

The 1st time at the State Theatre was in 1993 and it was $10 to get in. It sold out the 1st day it went on sale.

The 2nd time was in 1996 and it sold out in 2 minutes.

The 3rd time was in 2001 and it sold out in 1 minute.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

god damn...shit myself. Not really but thats the best way I could put my diviginization of a live tool show!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

I had a great time last nite. A friend called me early yesterday and hooked me up with 4th row orchestra seats. It always seems like I am hooking others up for shows and it really hit deep to have it come back around for this show. Sold my ticket for œ of what I paid and used it to buy us both shirts.

The show itself was just up close and personal for me. Yea, the sound wasn’t too great at times (muddy) and the only thing I understood from Maynard was “Pistons”. It just felt good to be there, feel the bass, sing along, and dance around. Honestly, the 2001 State show was way louder and more intense but, I guess the band is “maturing”? I’m really trying to appreciate what they are putting out there and not wishing for the Nard’s hunchback alien dance. What was up with his crazy bird dance at the beginning of Jambi? Love it! His whole bull riding cowboy thing is really workin for him.  It was sweet to watch Justin check out the crowd and just get off on it. Love it when the bass just rattles your chest! Yes, I’d love to hear more of the old but, their new shit is really drawing me in too.
The whole set really was amazing!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

i don't understand why they choose to play so many new songs. what the fuck is wrong with a few songs from opiate? what about prison sex or bottom from undertow. its kinda lame if you ask me. i'd much rather hear eulogy or hooker with a penis than right in two or rosetta stoned. fans want to be rocked. where is the menacing anger and aggression they talk about in the new interviews??? bullshit.

its a shame to play such a short set too. bogus guys. bogus.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #64
Level 1 - Lurker

I love Tool, and they did NOT disappoint me for my first concert...great sound, great energy, great setlist. The only complaint I have really, is the people I was sitting around. 2 stupid fucks to the side of me got yelled at by security 3 fucking times for smoking. I love how rude and disrespectful people are. And, I'm only 5' 3". And having a dumbass drunk couple in front of me waving their arms and making out and blocking my view was NOT fun. But like I said, the band was amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofreality
As usual, an overwhelming and enlightening experience... I am looking forward to the bigger arena shows though. I enjoyed the light mood of the band...friendly and amusing. Moments of psychedelia were perfect, especially the part preceding Vicarious.

The sound was really muddy in the main floor area (close to the orchestra pit). How did it sound in other places?
I was two rows behind and to the right of the soundboard, and it was perfect, I would have changed nothing. They also had 4 mics set up at the soundboard recording the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwashardcore
I love Tool, and they did NOT disappoint me for my first concert...great sound, great energy, great setlist. The only complaint I have really, is the people I was sitting around. 2 stupid fucks to the side of me got yelled at by security 3 fucking times for smoking. I love how rude and disrespectful people are. And, I'm only 5' 3". And having a dumbass drunk couple in front of me waving their arms and making out and blocking my view was NOT fun. But like I said, the band was amazing.
Yeah, I had a flower-loving hippy chick in front of me dancing to Aenima like she did some peyote or shit. She was in need of punishment. Several people around us were smoking cigs and blazing. It was funny watching some security with the little flashlights trying to bust people. I saw a few cam phones around the area so I'm sure there will be some pics. People need to be sure to post those on Flickr.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #67
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

this show was amazing i have no complants yeah there are some songs i would have liked to hear but they really cant have a bad setlest. The money was well worth it just knowing that i will never be able to see them in that setting again and that theater was fuckin sweet

ticket $160
parking $10
pot $35
taking rips out of a gravity bong in my car before the show priceless
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

no words can describe tool live

the highlights for me would be
the latter half of 46&2
jam during schism
aenima closing the set.

also love the extended version of stinkfist so i was glad i got to hear that again.

my only complaint would be some of the morons at the show.
those of us that truely love tool and their music, and would give body parts to be at the show and have great seats, have to deal with white trash morons who miss 3 or 4 songs of the show bc they cant go 5 minutes without drinking beer.

they were constantly bumping me going in and out of their seats, or talking loudly and blocking my view.

i was so glad to hear "right in two" but apparently bc it wasnt loud and screaming, or nascar, the morons in front of us dont have a good enough attention span. so they stand there and start a screaming conversation about who knows what, but it was enough to throw off me being able to enjoy the song.

it just sucks that those of us who really want to be there and soak it all in cant all be up front where we deserve, while people that just want to hear some loud music and get drunk sit in the back.

ok thats the end of my rant. TOOL fucking rocks and thats all there is. great show guys.

met danny and justin, cant beat that!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #69
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW!! The show ROCKED! The acoustics at the Fox were great. From Gallery B the sound was pretty clear. Oh yeah, and LOUD! The boys really put on a great show. First time seeing TOOL live, but won't be last! Will be at the Palace 9/16/06 for their return. Rank this show right up with the Pink Floyd show I saw in 1977! Buy far TOOL is the best band out there today. Glad my first time seeing them was at the Fox, even though I was raped 240 bucks for two tickets. Not a bad seat in the house. Crowd around us was downright friendly. Made the night that much more magical. Thanks Tool for giving this old man his first concert to remember since the 70's. See y'all in SEPTEMBER!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Great show...loved the bridge/solo in Stinkfist...and Jambi was amazing live...why doesn't sound like that in my car!?

Was sad I didn't get to hear The Pot live

P.S. Why did MJK leave the stage for like 5 minutes before Sober?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

My first tool show, and an amazing time. I drove from Buffalo because Detroit was the next closest thing after not being able to get toronto Toronto, it was well worth it. I was especially surprised and delighted to see that the harmonic parts in right in two is actually Justin on bass! Fun shit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #72
Banned.

Bincount™: 10891

this was my 5th tool show and i would have to say that it was by far the best show i have ever been to. the sound was amazing, however it really was hard to hear maynard when he talked to the crowd. but what do i care, the music was amazing.

the whole show was absolutly fantastic and i would be hard pressed to pick a favorite song as all were amazing. i will say that the best moment for me was during right in two form the tabla drumming until the end of the song. that was unbelievable to see danny just go to town on the drums. it sent chills down my spine . there is not a drummer on the planet that can hold a candle to danny. the same goes for justin as well. my level of appreciation for him has increased 100% after witnessing the things that he can do with the bass guitar. he manipulates sounds out of that thing that i didn't know it could make. truly amazing.

adam was adam. he blew about 4 notes through that show but that is to be expected. the thing that gets me is it always seems to be after a long extension in which justin and danny are just feeding off of eachother and adam is either just holding one note or not playing at all. you would think that he would be able to get the right pedal comination selected while he's not doing anything. but either way you pretty mush have to expect him to blow a few during the show so it's water under the bridge.

the crowd was so loud and it was so powerful to be a part of it. i just sat there and let the music wash over me, sometimes my hands held high and my eyes closed and sometimes jaw dropped and amazed.

i went to the show with the expectation to be blown away and tool delievered. best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #73
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirecoma
I think the show may have started late due to problems/complications with Adams pedal setup. It looked like several of the sound guys kept tinkering with it and going and getting other people to help for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Then it looked like they finally brought out what looked to be like a small mixing board and swapped it out.
For what it's worth, that was a Moog Pedal board, or some variation thereof, which was not working. After fiddling with it for some time, they swapped it out for a back-up unit.

He played it on "Rosetta Stoned" and at least one other song, but I can't recall which one it was.

Justin also used a whammy pedal of some variety for the harmonic
'bending" he does on "Right in Two" and a similar bending on "Schism". Always wondered how he did it.

I was in section CC, far right (facing the stage), on the main floor about 10 rows under the balcony overhang. From there, I didn't think it was that loud, in fact, I would have liked it much louder. The drums and bass were not muddied from there and the vocals were crisp - my only real complaint about the evening was that Adam's guitar was way too low in the mix. Of course, from that side, I didn't get any of his stage volume.

Great show, and one shitty 3 1/2 hour drive home in the pouring rain. Well worth it, though.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #74
Level 4 - Thinker

The sound was so much better here than it was in chicago. The crowd was definately more into it here than in chicago. All in all this show blew the chicago show away. What an amazing show. So glad I got to see them without having to fight may way to the front and trying to hold back thousands of pushing & shoving sweaty fans. Must have been the only tool show I have seen where all the sweat on my body only belonged to me. No scabies or ringworm. Hell Yeah. Rosetta Stoned was such a good opener. Thats the way to do it, no opening band a little feed back, then "Alrighty then, Picture this if you will" ROCK MY FUCKING FACE OFF YEAH!!!!!

"Fuck L. Ron Hubbard"
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #75
Level 2 - Poster

Wow, what a great show, no one can touch Tool. I was main floor in front of Justin, I SAID I WAS MAINFLOOR IN FRONT OF JUSTIN, sorry, it was freakin' LOUD!!
Aenema and Jambi were incredible as was everything. Would have loved to hear "The Pot" and "Prison Sex" and they could have played longer, but does not detract from the amazing show! Did I mention it was loud. Danny is the man.

------------------
15Jul97 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
15May06 - Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI
22Sep06 - Palace of Auburn Hills, MI
03Jul07 - Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #76
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 954

Amazing show.

Security was a bitch and I had an aisle seat so I couldn't light up my joint.
Second time to ever play Right In Two, and I was there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #77
Level 3 - Talker

"We just released our new album and I want everyone to go buy a copy because I want to add another wing to my vinyard."

"So your pistons aren't playing to well"..."Danny is a Cavs fan."..."I'm from Akron so i'm kinda on the fence"...then he says "well all I know is Fuck the Clippers!"

Maynard Came back saying "Go Pistons!" Then he says "I don't pay much attention to football myself, or is that hockey."....."SSSHHHHHH, just play some fucking music".

"You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps...oh look a loafer...we want bras and panties...come on Detroit that's not very rock and roll like of you.....Fine we will play fucking longer."

"I dedicate this set to Satan." ...."Drive home safely".
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #78
Level 1 - Lurker

great show, highlight for me was Right In Two, loved that one live!! this was my 13th or 14th time seeing them live. first time was at the phoenix(sp?) ampitheatre in pontiac. any setlist is great but i did want to see The Pot live. The best Tool show i ever saw was the state theatre when phsycotica opened, Tool made the wait through that band well worth it. i also seem to remember the Melvins opening for them another time at the State, not failure, but i could be wrong, although the Melvins have opened for them numerous times when i saw them.
The sound was good from where i was gb2. all the fans around us were great, alot of smoke in the air, such a beautiful theatre i hope everyone was respectful of the venue with their smokes. aenema was also amazing, i couldn't decide who to look at during that song, justin chugging away on his bass, or danny tearing up the drums. this show brings back great memories from my earlier times seeing them, the last time was at the palace for lateralus, great show but Tool is to intimate(sp.) a band for such a big place. All in all this new album and the show last night was well worth the wait. i am tired of bands kicking out sub par albums every year. taking time to do something special like Tool is doing is a breath of fresh air in a time when our choices in music that you can feel and truly enjoy are very limited.

This is our last song........off our first album.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #79
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenima4386

my only complaint would be some of the morons at the show.
those of us that truely love tool and their music, and would give body parts to be at the show and have great seats, have to deal with white trash morons who miss 3 or 4 songs of the show bc they cant go 5 minutes without drinking beer.

it just sucks that those of us who really want to be there and soak it all in cant all be up front where we deserve, while people that just want to hear some loud music and get drunk sit in the back.

met danny and justin, cant beat that!!

Since the venues already have crazy fuck ass rules for attending shows, maybe we should instill a system to get licensed to attend concerts. True fans in the front.... white trash fucko's in the back. True fans must flash the hand signal Maynard made in their picture and the fuckos must get their mullets trimmed for theirs. (please recognize the sarcasm)

The guy behind me screaming "Justin" only got on my nerves 1/2 way thru the show but, his stunning personality and hip dance moves overshadowed it. Plus, he just plain fuckin stopped.... I think his wife made him. :)

So, what did Danny and Justin have to say???? How did it all go down???

Last edited by trixie; 05-16-2006 at 01:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #80
Level 2 - Poster

Something I need to get off my chest...

Meatheads of the world stop inflitrating Tool concerts, don't corrupt a comprehensive cerebral experience with the attitude "I wan't to fuck something up man!" I understand the notion of a release at a show but please do it somewhere else, like a shitty Limp Bizkit or Korn concert. Meatheads maybe if you listening to the lyrics and the depth of the message you may come to appreciate Tool to a higher degree, approach a level of spiritual awakening that Maynard and Co. envision with their music.

Another thing, it's hard to get into "Sober" anymore. Last night it really came to me that song has become something other then a Tool song, more like a radio entity.

Past:
16 September 2001-Palace of Auburn Hills
26 August 2002-Cobo Arena
23 October 2002-Toledo Sports Arena
15 May 2006-Fox Theatre
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: