Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 03. Wings for Marie
User Name
Password
vedrimir
05-18-2007, 09:08 PM

Wings for Marie is the best piece of art ever made, only a fool can argue that. By some ironic twist of destiny, i, who have spent years in adoring Tool and only Tool, have to admit Opeth's music is the most beautiful music ever made, and yet you have to be a fukcing loonie to deny Wings for Marie is the best thing ever.

Music is brilliant, and, omg, Maynard, what is that, what kind of spirit is that, what intensity, what power, what poetry, i claim that is as good as anything Shakespeare has ever wrote, and i read Shake weekly. MJK had to be mad.

If theres any reason our miserable world exists, it is for "songs" like Wings to be made.... I just cant believe Tool created such piece of art. What "classical music", what "jazz", what the fauck... Nothing compares to Wings.

I always cry when i listen to it. Its my personal prayer. And i dont have the courage to listen to it frequently, only once a month or so, but i live for that. And i always cry and im not ashamed of that, on contrary, im proud.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Ok, i decree today...

Wings for Marie is the best piece of art ever made, only a fool can argue that. By some ironic twist of destiny, i, who have spent years in adoring Tool and only Tool, have to admit Opeth's music is the most beautiful music ever made, and yet you have to be a fukcing loonie to deny Wings for Marie is the best thing ever.

Music is brilliant, and, omg, Maynard, what is that, what kind of spirit is that, what intensity, what power, what poetry, i claim that is as good as anything Shakespeare has ever wrote, and i read Shake weekly. MJK had to be mad.

If theres any reason our miserable world exists, it is for "songs" like Wings to be made.... I just cant believe Tool created such piece of art. What "classical music", what "jazz", what the fauck... Nothing compares to Wings.

I always cry when i listen to it. Its my personal prayer. And i dont have the courage to listen to it frequently, only once a month or so, but i live for that. And i always cry and im not ashamed of that, on contrary, im proud.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
vedrimir
05-20-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
I feel exactly the same way. It's like when those guitars are circling around my head it reminds of the cyclical spirit of the universe or the arms of angels embracing my mind while Maynards voice drifts in like a gentle breeze making my hair stand up like static before the storm of emotion lifts me into a higher state of being. A state where I can become one with Tool.
thanks bro:)
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Ok, i decree today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
I feel exactly the same way. It's like when those guitars are circling around my head it reminds of the cyclical spirit of the universe or the arms of angels embracing my mind while Maynards voice drifts in like a gentle breeze making my hair stand up like static before the storm of emotion lifts me into a higher state of being. A state where I can become one with Tool.
thanks bro:)
TWENTY-THREE's Avatar TWENTY-THREE
05-20-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedrimir View Post

I'm not the only one who cries!!!. . .It's awesomeness is beyond words or music. There's something hyperdimensional about it.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedrimir View Post

I'm not the only one who cries!!!. . .It's awesomeness is beyond words or music. There's something hyperdimensional about it.
05-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I'm seeing them live in a month. If they play this the people around me are gonna think I'm nuts, cuz I'll just lose it. My girlfriend's mom is dying from mesothelioma, We have both disscused how this song just helps us. It says the words that we do not possess. God, I just don't know the emotions that will come pouring out of me if they play this in Huntington.

Now I'm out of my shell and I'm happier than whores with chivalrous clientele
Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #4

Bincount™: 26

I'm seeing them live in a month. If they play this the people around me are gonna think I'm nuts, cuz I'll just lose it. My girlfriend's mom is dying from mesothelioma, We have both disscused how this song just helps us. It says the words that we do not possess. God, I just don't know the emotions that will come pouring out of me if they play this in Huntington.

kingred's Avatar kingred
05-21-2007, 02:07 AM

<3
Old 05-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 7425

<3
05-21-2007, 05:20 AM

</3
Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

</3
05-21-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
bring a tissue, because they will play it.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
bring a tissue, because they will play it.
05-21-2007, 06:43 AM

I'll probably need a whole friggin box.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #8

I'll probably need a whole friggin box.

thomasknight
06-10-2007, 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=vedrimir;1944394]Wings for Marie is the best piece of art ever made, only a fool can argue that. [QUOTE]

Well that's the point you're trying to argue, are you saying you're a fool? I assume you mean only fools would argue against that. However, I don't mean to bring down this thread of love, but I just thought it important to keep a check on "reality". You are aware of how ridiculous it is to say that one particular thing is the best piece of art ever? Do you say this just to emphasise how important it is to you, or are you genuinely arguing this?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 155

[QUOTE=vedrimir;1944394]Wings for Marie is the best piece of art ever made, only a fool can argue that. [QUOTE]

Well that's the point you're trying to argue, are you saying you're a fool? I assume you mean only fools would argue against that. However, I don't mean to bring down this thread of love, but I just thought it important to keep a check on "reality". You are aware of how ridiculous it is to say that one particular thing is the best piece of art ever? Do you say this just to emphasise how important it is to you, or are you genuinely arguing this?
Kangaroo_hung_me2's Avatar Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-25-2007, 11:15 PM

oh jesus man. come on, you know what he meant.
though i do agree with you about jevons. If he got banned for flaming then its crazy. Everyone knew he'd give you shit. He brought alot to the conversation table too.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #10

oh jesus man. come on, you know what he meant.
though i do agree with you about jevons. If he got banned for flaming then its crazy. Everyone knew he'd give you shit. He brought alot to the conversation table too.

nellyson25's Avatar nellyson25
07-14-2007, 11:28 AM

suck a beautiful song. adam jones should be so proud of himself to have writen something like that. amazing.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

suck a beautiful song. adam jones should be so proud of himself to have writen something like that. amazing.
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
07-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyson25 View Post
suck a beautiful song.
Freudian.

Look. Think for a split second about what you're saying. Do you actually mean what you say or are you aware you're simply eulogising over a song you happen to like.

The BEST piece of ART EVER? By best, we have to agree that you mean it ticks all the possible boxes of appreciation. It has to me socially relevent, aesthetically pleasing to a vast number of people, whilst remaining raw enough to be criticised (I'm sure you'll need to chew on that one), it must be technically perfect whilst aethetically sensitive?

No, this song isn't the best 'piece of art ever'. It's a touching song, and there it ends.

Last edited by Jimmeny; 07-14-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyson25 View Post
suck a beautiful song.
Freudian.

Look. Think for a split second about what you're saying. Do you actually mean what you say or are you aware you're simply eulogising over a song you happen to like.

The BEST piece of ART EVER? By best, we have to agree that you mean it ticks all the possible boxes of appreciation. It has to me socially relevent, aesthetically pleasing to a vast number of people, whilst remaining raw enough to be criticised (I'm sure you'll need to chew on that one), it must be technically perfect whilst aethetically sensitive?

No, this song isn't the best 'piece of art ever'. It's a touching song, and there it ends.

Last edited by Jimmeny; 07-14-2007 at 04:02 PM..
p.r.a.i.s.e.'s Avatar p.r.a.i.s.e.
08-11-2007, 02:50 PM

glad to see that I'm among people who shed tears during Wings For Marie.
<3
Old 08-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

glad to see that I'm among people who shed tears during Wings For Marie.
<3
HelenA's Avatar HelenA
04-26-2008, 04:39 AM

I am listening to it again. And I know I am bumping this accidentally. But it IS seriously good. The first time I heard it live, my son and I were pressing our ears to the crack in the door at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #14
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989

I am listening to it again. And I know I am bumping this accidentally. But it IS seriously good. The first time I heard it live, my son and I were pressing our ears to the crack in the door at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply