Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
ithinktherefore's Avatar ithinktherefore
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtK8slUIPBo

This is a tool medley me and a friend did.

Also have a hard rock one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Trhh8vD28
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44
Tool Medley Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtK8slUIPBo

This is a tool medley me and a friend did.

Also have a hard rock one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Trhh8vD28
03-04-2014, 12:31 PM

the video performance is amazing, can't stop re-watching it.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool Medley Cover

the video performance is amazing, can't stop re-watching it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ithinktherefore's Avatar ithinktherefore
05-19-2014, 12:50 PM

thanks!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44

thanks!
05-19-2014, 08:55 PM

I've seen this online before, it was good! The playing was solid.

A note if you are interested: The guitar riff at 10:15 is played by Adam by playing a bar power chord and striking the top two strings, then rolling your finger so that you pull off each string as you pass by it. So if you played it slowly, it would sound as if the first string is being bent slightly as you pull off, then you strike the next two strings (which may hit the high D, this can't be heard when distortion is applied) for that rolling triplet effect. It's a pain playing that bit with actual triplets! :) It is used in The Pot at 4:25 and could potentially be used in Vicarious during the lead-in the chorus (which has a palm muted triplet). I haven't been able to find this pattern on their older albums. Take care!

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 05-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

A note if you are interested: The guitar riff at 10:15 is played by Adam by playing a bar power chord and striking the top two strings, then rolling your finger so that you pull off each string as you pass by it. So if you played it slowly, it would sound as if the first string is being bent slightly as you pull off, then you strike the next two strings (which may hit the high D, this can't be heard when distortion is applied) for that rolling triplet effect. It's a pain playing that bit with actual triplets! :) It is used in The Pot at 4:25 and could potentially be used in Vicarious during the lead-in the chorus (which has a palm muted triplet). I haven't been able to find this pattern on their older albums. Take care!

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
05-31-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post

Odd bump, but realized the other day while listening that this is also used in Hooker With A Penis during the verses. It's also used at the, "All you know about me..." bit. I knew I had heard it used at least once somewhere earlier than 10,000 Days, but couldn't sit down and find it when I responded to this thread.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post

Odd bump, but realized the other day while listening that this is also used in Hooker With A Penis during the verses. It's also used at the, "All you know about me..." bit. I knew I had heard it used at least once somewhere earlier than 10,000 Days, but couldn't sit down and find it when I responded to this thread.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply