Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
holotrope's Avatar holotrope
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Hey guys,

I've posted stuff from my band, Of The I, on here before and have gotten some pretty enthusiastic responses from a few forumites. I'm back to let you know that we have finally finished work on our debut album, and should have it in our hands in 2 weeks time.

We've put some new tracks on our MySpace player, and pre-orders are open on our website. Anyone who pre-orders will receive a download copy of all the album tracks, but the physical CD contains transitional audio which makes the whole thing more of a complete and continuous experience.

Hope you enjoy the music!
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Debut Album complete

Hey guys,

I've posted stuff from my band, Of The I, on here before and have gotten some pretty enthusiastic responses from a few forumites. I'm back to let you know that we have finally finished work on our debut album, and should have it in our hands in 2 weeks time.

We've put some new tracks on our MySpace player, and pre-orders are open on our website. Anyone who pre-orders will receive a download copy of all the album tracks, but the physical CD contains transitional audio which makes the whole thing more of a complete and continuous experience.

Hope you enjoy the music!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Dodo
09-20-2008, 11:59 AM

I really love the rythm section. It's dark, and tight fitting, but it still leaves room to float and flow. I'm still on the fence about the vocals. They're not bad, but they're almost teetering on grungy/redneck.

To be brutally honest, you're kind of run-of-the-mill these days. I would juxtapose "Of The I" with Breaking Benjamin, APC, 10 years; none of which are better than you, but all have left a once dark and intriguing sound quite trite.

Great work. Good luck with the album.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
King's Gambit

Bincount™: 1526
Re: Debut Album complete

I really love the rythm section. It's dark, and tight fitting, but it still leaves room to float and flow. I'm still on the fence about the vocals. They're not bad, but they're almost teetering on grungy/redneck.

To be brutally honest, you're kind of run-of-the-mill these days. I would juxtapose "Of The I" with Breaking Benjamin, APC, 10 years; none of which are better than you, but all have left a once dark and intriguing sound quite trite.

09-21-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post

Thanks for listening and getting back. I can see why you would draw some of those comparisons based on first listens to these songs, but we did select the songs we thought would be most easily palatable for the widest audience. The album contains things which I don't think any of those bands have done...

Last edited by holotrope; 09-21-2008 at 02:16 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post

Thanks for listening and getting back. I can see why you would draw some of those comparisons based on first listens to these songs, but we did select the songs we thought would be most easily palatable for the widest audience. The album contains things which I don't think any of those bands have done...

Last edited by holotrope; 09-21-2008 at 02:16 AM..
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM

really? no one else?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

really? no one else?