opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Aldous Huxley

In The Doors of Perception, page 14 there's a line that says, "From what I have read of the mescalin experience I was convinced in advance that the drug would admit me, at least for a few hours, into the kind of inner world described by Blake and AE."

The AE is printed in the book exactly the same way with the A blending with the E on Aenima. Has anything already been mentioned about this? If so I aplogize.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 155
Re: Aldous Huxley

who was AE?

Last edited by thomasknight; 05-15-2007 at 01:52 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Aldous Huxley

don't think it has anything to do, but AE is George Russell's pseudonym. From Wikipedia: George William Russell (April 10, 1867 – July 17, 1935) who wrote under the pseudonym Æ, was an Anglo-Irish supporter of the Nationalist movement in Ireland, a critic, poet, and painter. He was also a mystical writer, and centre of a group of followers of theosophy in Dublin, for many years.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: